You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

73948EE6-4812-4FF9-9216-28315379BD94 (resized).jpeg
97CE6D75-52BF-44A1-ACB5-4E4E49D5DBCA (resized).jpeg
0A814B3D-FD8A-451A-B875-87E21A220BF1 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5238 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider High_End_Pins.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#6 5 years ago

Probably around 2011 would be my best guess but definitely before 2012 because it was finished at my old shop
http://christopherhutchins.com/gallery/album369

#8 5 years ago
Quoted from jake35:

Wonder what affect cgc will have to this being that its HEP?

None in my eyes.
I restored the game years ago when there were no remakes and to date when it comes to CC there still are not.
I still have MMs and AFMs come in regularly.
People that want the cheapest CC possible will hope for a remake in the future people that want one of the nicest CCs built off the original platform they can get today will look at this one
I will continue to restore whatever people send because I can’t go wrong with that

#43 5 years ago
Quoted from roar:

I assumed the gallery Chris linked to was pictures of the actual game? From 8 years ago mind you, but a pretty good starting position.

You are correct
This is the actual game

This is the actual restoration
http://christopherhutchins.com/gallery/album208

In general not directed at the quoted poster.
What the game looks like now 8 years later I couldn’t say but I do know Apollon is a really meticulous person and a pleasure to deal with so regardless of what the game is or isn’t worth today if you are interested in it then it would be worth checking into.

#56 5 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I just think it's funny when folks that haven't owned HEP games claim boldly that "They stand alone". I restored an AFM with Chris in 2010, so I'm very familiar with his work/process. I also owned a HEP CCC posted earlier in this thread. I no longer own either game.
Chris has built an impressive brand/business. Chris is great at all aspects of pinball restoration. His support after you receive the game is also exceptional. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if Chris supports his games even when you aren't the original owner! A true pleasure to work with.
With all that background/kudos out of the way, each restoration is unique. Chris is the first to acknowledge his techniques are constantly changing. The notion that all HEP games are perfect and "stand alone" always causes me to shake my head...that's all.

Thanks Steve.
Yes. There is definitely an evolution about them. It is generational just like lots of other products.
The driving force behind that is primarily more and more experience ,better resources and feedback.
It isn’t because there is anything wrong with the older games they were well done at the time but after seven or eight years things become less representative of current standards or what to expect today.
Here is an example.
If I restored a AFM in 2006 then I had no choice other than to restore the original playfield and use laminated side art.
If I did it in 2016 I could install a new Mirco playfield and screen printed side art.
Both games would be HEPs technically and the best I could do at the time but looking at either one today and just simply saying it is a HEP could give a false impression.
This is just part of doing something a long time.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RavSpec

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 15.00
Cabinet Parts
Mödley Crüe

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,139.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 39.95
Hardware
RavSpec

$ 84.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider High_End_Pins.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-cactus-canyon-14?tu=High_End_Pins and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.