You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

73948EE6-4812-4FF9-9216-28315379BD94 (resized).jpeg
97CE6D75-52BF-44A1-ACB5-4E4E49D5DBCA (resized).jpeg
0A814B3D-FD8A-451A-B875-87E21A220BF1 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5238 (resized).jpeg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 86 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 5 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Game - for sale

For sale: Cactus Canyon

Added: 2019-01-14 23:00:00 UTC • Re-listed: 3 times (April 8th, 2020) • Ended: March 12th, 2021
Condition: Fully restored (full original status)

Price

$ 18,000 (OBO)

Open for offers

Cactus Canyon (HEP), 1999 Bally: 18,000
HEP(Christopher Hutchins) restored cactus canyon. Plaque #902 matches the serial # of the machine. Zero blemishes, zero issues. Perfect in every way. Color dot matrix display, laseriffic topper. Has Test 0.2 ROM, chrome guns with pearl handles. Chrome legs, lock-down bar & rails. Mirror blades. LED eyes in bart by Chris himself. Chrome train & stock train included. LEDs under playfield, regular bulbs in G.I. I see a lot of CC for sale with “perfect, but.” or “only minor wear.” this machine is the nicest CC in the Country and plays perfectly as tuned by Chris. Game number 902 out of 925 made. Plaque matches serial number. Plaque has not been mounted to game. It is in a zip lock bag and included. The game is perfect.

Item photos

No images have been added to this ad listing yet.

No photos have been uploaded for this ad.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are Apollon's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to Apollon's stats page

Listing result

The seller marked this ad as "not sold". The item did not sell through Pinside so there's no listing result.

Item location

Cumming, GA, US

Related shop items!

Interested in this game? Also check out these related Pinside Shops items!

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RavSpec

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 84.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

#2 5 years ago

......... *waits for pictures*

#3 5 years ago

When did hep restore it?

#4 5 years ago

Year of the cash out continues.
GLWS

#5 5 years ago

it's perfect , no need for pictures

#6 5 years ago

Probably around 2011 would be my best guess but definitely before 2012 because it was finished at my old shop
http://christopherhutchins.com/gallery/album369

#7 5 years ago

Wonder what affect cgc will have to this being that its HEP?

#8 5 years ago
Quoted from jake35:

None in my eyes.
I restored the game years ago when there were no remakes and to date when it comes to CC there still are not.
I still have MMs and AFMs come in regularly.
People that want the cheapest CC possible will hope for a remake in the future people that want one of the nicest CCs built off the original platform they can get today will look at this one
I will continue to restore whatever people send because I can’t go wrong with that

#9 5 years ago

doesn't get any better than an HEP restored original, that's a fact!

#10 5 years ago

If HEP, he will verify...otherwise...

Oop, just read HEP, per above...we will see.

#11 5 years ago

So HEP is like PSA grading for BB cards? He restores, logs and verifies the pin for the customer and potential buyers later on. Great work and great follow up. Super Impressive way of doing things!

Good luck with CC sale!

#12 5 years ago
Quoted from jake35:

Well, it's an original so it can be upgraded to CCC, which the remakes will never have the CCC code so it definitely has that going for it! CCC is some incredible coding work. I'd have to be pressed hard to ever get rid of my CCC, such a great game

#13 5 years ago

Hang in there. The remake will be announced
this year. I can wait for a brand new one.

#14 5 years ago
Quoted from tonyf1965:

Hang in there. The remake will be announced
this year. I can wait for a brand new one.

Brand new and HEP are two different cats.

#15 5 years ago

Is this test 0.2 rom available somewhere ?
What is in and what not, is it any fun to play ?
Or does this machine has proto features so this rom is needed to play ?

#16 5 years ago

Man, sold my loaded HEP CCC 3 years ago for 14k. Didn't realize prices for this title continued to appreciate. Since no photos were provided, here's a photo of the HEP CCC I had the pleasure of owning. Enjoy!

IMG_5238 (resized).jpegIMG_5238 (resized).jpeg
#18 5 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Man, sold my loaded HEP CCC 3 years ago for 14k. Didn't realize prices for this title continued to appreciate. Since no photos were provided, here's a photo of the HEP CCC I had the pleasure of owning. Enjoy!
[quoted image]

That topper looks like it should be on a Big Buck Hunter.

#19 5 years ago
Quoted from jrivelli:

Well, it's an original so it can be upgraded to CCC, which the remakes will never have the CCC code so it definitely has that going for it! CCC is some incredible coding work. I'd have to be pressed hard to ever get rid of my CCC, such a great game

Amen to that! Mine is never leaving, Remake or no remake...

#20 5 years ago

Hmmm lets see! A brand new Polaris Razor or a box of lights, that's how i make a decision to justify buying an expensive pinball. For me it's another Razor, for others it might be the pin, either way hope you get your asking price.

#21 5 years ago
Quoted from pinbum:

Hmmm lets see! A brand new Polaris Razor or a box of lights, that's how i make a decision to justify buying an expensive pinball. For me it's another Razor, for others it might be the pin, either way hope you get your asking price.

Agreed. I just bought another new RZR last Spring. With upgrades, came to almost 18K. I'd LOVE a CC some day though. GLWS OP....

#22 5 years ago

Not sure why someone thinks it makes sense to post a $18k ad with no photos. Wait until you have time to take some photos before posting if you are that busy.

#23 5 years ago
Quoted from pinbum:

A brand new Polaris Razor or a box of lights, that's how i make a decision to justify buying an expensive pinball. For me it's another Razor, for others it might be the pin, either way hope you get your asking price.

Or 29,250 Gillette Razors, for that matter. To each his own!
https://www.amazon.com/Gillette-Custom-Disposable-Powder-Lubrastrip/dp/B00SV9AUVG/

#24 5 years ago

I watched a group of guys drag one them RZRs out of the woods last year all bent up and busted. Guess one of em bit the dust over it all. Don’t have to worry about stuff like that playing a nice HEP Cactus Canyon.

#25 5 years ago
Quoted from jrivelli:

Curious, why can’t the remakes ever get to utilize CCC? I’m sure they’d want to include it in the remake if a deal could be struck.

#26 5 years ago
Quoted from JoinTheCirqus:

Curious, why can’t the remakes ever get to utilize CCC? I’m sure they’d want to include it in the remake if a deal could be struck.

Copy written material all over the game.

#27 5 years ago

Apollon is one of the good guys in pinball......buy with confidence.

Tim

#28 5 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

Why not a license to use it?

#29 5 years ago
Quoted from pinbum:

Why the hell would anyone want one of those stupid Polaris razors? They lose like 90% of their value within a few years. They’re all over eBay for a few grand and you can’t use them for much. Get yourself a nice used Jeep rockcrawler that you can still drive on public roads or else a dirtbike.

#30 5 years ago
Quoted from Tim_Hanian:

Apollon is one of the good guys in pinball......buy with confidence.
Tim

That's an impressive collection of B/W games you have there.

#31 5 years ago
Quoted from High_End_Pins:

None in my eyes.
I restored the game years ago when there were no remakes and to date when it comes to CC there still are not.
I still have MMs and AFMs come in regularly.
People that want the cheapest CC possible will hope for a remake in the future people that want one of the nicest CCs built off the original platform they can get today will look at this one
I will continue to restore whatever people send because I can’t go wrong with that

One can always send a NIB remake in for the HEP treatment..just because it's new doesn't mean its HEP level perfect!

In fact- no matter how lucky you get in the factory lottery- it won't be.

Some of the people with the money care about that level of detail..

#32 5 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Why the hell would anyone want one of those stupid Polaris razors? They lose like 90% of their value within a few years. They’re all over eBay for a few grand and you can’t use them for much. Get yourself a nice used Jeep rockcrawler that you can still drive on public roads or else a dirtbike.

Can't use them for much, WHAT! You should see the woods & mudholes & water we run, by the way owned 3 Jeeps and everyone one needed front wheel bearings every time they touched water. As for rock crawling that is the stupidest thing i have ever seen, and we don't have rocks down here. Dirtbike i have that covered also have an Enduro for on road or off . As for losing value who cares, the shit we put these through is well worth it in fun. Quit being a Nerd and get out in the wilderness once in a while.

#33 5 years ago
Quoted from JoinTheCirqus:

Well, CCC runs on a PC, not on their current system they use so it would have to be entirely re-coded for one. I don't see that happening. I see them maybe dumping the original CC roms and doing a bit of polish but it won't be anywhere near Eric's incredible work.

#34 5 years ago

I purchased a game from Apollon last year. No worries there. Look at his collection. Good people for sure.

#35 5 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

doesn't get any better than an HEP restored original, that's a fact!

glwts

#36 5 years ago

Since the OP is making us use our imagination on what this game looks like here are a couple pics of my old HEP CCC, such a beautiful game but in the end I couldn’t justify having that much $$$$ tied up in one machine (I do miss it)

0A814B3D-FD8A-451A-B875-87E21A220BF1 (resized).jpeg0A814B3D-FD8A-451A-B875-87E21A220BF1 (resized).jpeg97CE6D75-52BF-44A1-ACB5-4E4E49D5DBCA (resized).jpeg97CE6D75-52BF-44A1-ACB5-4E4E49D5DBCA (resized).jpeg73948EE6-4812-4FF9-9216-28315379BD94 (resized).jpeg73948EE6-4812-4FF9-9216-28315379BD94 (resized).jpeg
#37 5 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Since the OP is making us use our imagination on what this game looks like here are a couple pics of my old HEP CCC, such a beautiful game but in the end I couldn’t justify having that much $$$$ tied up in one machine (I do miss it)[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Where'd you get that topper? Looks cool

#38 5 years ago

Yeah, cool topper!

#39 5 years ago

Cool topper? Looks like a piece of cardboard. No lights...no artwork. Oh...it says "CONTINUED"...I guess that's what's cool?

Still waiting to see photos of "the nicest CC in the Country"!

#40 5 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Cool topper? Looks like a piece of cardboard. No lights...no artwork. Oh...it says "CONTINUED"...I guess that's what's cool?
Still waiting to see photos of "the nicest CC in the Country"!

Topper came with the game when I bought it, I believe it was hand painted by a local artist as were the pistol handles.

#41 5 years ago

I assumed the gallery Chris linked to was pictures of the actual game? From 8 years ago mind you, but a pretty good starting position.

#42 5 years ago
Quoted from roar:

I assumed the gallery Chris linked to was pictures of the actual game? From 8 years ago mind you, but a pretty good starting position.

Why would you assume this? Chris has probably restored a couple dozen CC's over the past decade...

#43 5 years ago
Quoted from roar:

You are correct
This is the actual game

This is the actual restoration
http://christopherhutchins.com/gallery/album208

In general not directed at the quoted poster.
What the game looks like now 8 years later I couldn’t say but I do know Apollon is a really meticulous person and a pleasure to deal with so regardless of what the game is or isn’t worth today if you are interested in it then it would be worth checking into.

#44 5 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Why would you assume this? Chris has probably restored a couple dozen CC's over the past decade...

Seemed like a reasonable assumption at the time and looking like a better one now

#45 5 years ago
Quoted from roar:

Seemed like a reasonable assumption at the time and looking like a better one now

I didn't see Chris's post, obviously...

#46 5 years ago

I didn’t post pictures on purpose. Anyone willing to spend the kind of money this or any HEP title warrants, will contact me directly and I will handle either in person or directly. Thank you for the kind words. Chris, you are nothing short of an artist. We appreciate your work every day. There is no comparison to a HEP pin. It is our measuring stick. My whole family enjoys pinball and has great appreciation for a pristine game. I am very fortunate and do not take it for granted. Happy flipping.

#47 5 years ago
Quoted from Apollon:

I am very fortunate and do not take it for granite. Happy flipping.

I just watched “Morty’s Mindblowers” so this made me chuckle.

What are you, a boulder, a rock person?

#48 5 years ago

That’s what I get for using Siri.....without my glasses on. Obviously, meant “granted”.

#49 5 years ago

Oh I don't know... I have taken quite a few things for Granite. Especially here in the Rockys!

#50 5 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

If CGC wants it I'm sure they could license it.

More likely than not, I'd imagine they'd just commission the original code to get finished proper by the original design team or as many from it as soon I'll possible..

Most thought MB was getting the same treatment, but MB code is like the Hobbit compared to the unfinished CC code..it's just gonna have to be finished for the remake.

That said HEP games are works of art and museum pieces. They stand alone.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RavSpec

$ 84.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,139.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 86 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-cactus-canyon-14?hl=adamross and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.