02270005-A380-48C7-A74D-B72CA578FF24 (resized).jpeg
3F8D3E8A-CE40-4CEB-B432-EED3D6653975 (resized).jpeg
F2BF030E-FBE5-4DE0-B1AB-3FB155DAD1F6 (resized).jpeg
C7DCAE65-BD74-48C0-B10B-6B51833F8031 (resized).jpeg
27D4E4BE-F8D7-426A-8C5F-9D7127C12631 (resized).jpeg
C1E7F17D-780D-4E2A-82F4-22FB98364D27 (resized).jpeg
73AB969F-3E06-4C01-BDB9-E7DD23E3EF8E (resized).jpeg
AD7BF50C-EB69-4679-8ED0-383872A363B7 (resized).jpeg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#1 2 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Game - for sale

For sale: Bryan Kelly restored Twilight Zone

Featured Ad

Added: 2021-12-07 05:05:17 UTC • Ended: December 25th, 2021
Condition: Fully restored (full original status)

Price

$ 13,495

This is simply one of the most gorgeous twilight zones you’ll ever see and it was restored by Bryan Kelly a few years ago. Playfield is absolutely perfect , Cabinet is perfect except for one scratch on the right side. Metal has been chromed, Color DMD and Pinball pro speakers. I put a few mods on it that haven’t been available for years now which include the flying saucer mod and the pyramid mod plus others on the game. LEDS look Great in person , we all know how the camera exaggerates LEDS in pictures !

Item photos

02270005-A380-48C7-A74D-B72CA578FF24 (resized).jpeg
27D4E4BE-F8D7-426A-8C5F-9D7127C12631 (resized).jpeg
3F8D3E8A-CE40-4CEB-B432-EED3D6653975 (resized).jpeg
675CEFB4-2F44-49C7-A567-6DB049A33E90 (resized).jpeg
73AB969F-3E06-4C01-BDB9-E7DD23E3EF8E (resized).jpeg
7CF220AC-016B-4210-9FB5-E6E42974C2BA (resized).jpeg
943B99DA-311C-4CCE-A9A9-D0383478B7AC (resized).jpeg
A0174FC3-889E-4893-98A9-EC1E583D8C7F (resized).jpeg
A75EEA7F-80FA-4EE4-A15A-1892782E5703 (resized).jpeg
AD7BF50C-EB69-4679-8ED0-383872A363B7 (resized).jpeg
B39FAD5F-8217-47AA-B930-005D4595E186 (resized).jpeg
C1E7F17D-780D-4E2A-82F4-22FB98364D27 (resized).jpeg
C7DCAE65-BD74-48C0-B10B-6B51833F8031 (resized).jpeg
F2BF030E-FBE5-4DE0-B1AB-3FB155DAD1F6 (resized).jpeg

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are Greatpins's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to Greatpins's stats page

Listing result

The seller marked this ad as "not sold". The item did not sell through Pinside so there's no listing result.

Item location

Fort Worth, TX, US

Related shop items!

Interested in this game? Also check out these related Pinside Shops items!

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 12.50
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 109.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Launching TZ Rocket Out of stock
Interactive Pinball Mods

$ 73.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 12.95
$ 280.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

#2 2 years ago

No

#3 2 years ago

Gorgeous machine

#4 2 years ago

Brian does great work. Did my IJ

#5 2 years ago

It needs shopped out, rubbers are shot and cabinet needs cleaned. You would think this would all be done before the crazy asking price.

#6 2 years ago

If you are asking 17k for a pin, at least vacuum the cabinet out and clean the scum off the receiver.

#7 2 years ago
Quoted from Blakester:

Brian does great work. Did my IJ

I don't see anything "restored" ?

Like what was done to this exactly?
Needs shopped and rubbers.
Looks like original cabinet and decals.
Adding Chrome legs and a colordmd is now considered a restoration job?

#8 2 years ago

Very few better than Bryan for pinball restoration, but this pin has obviously seen some wear since the work was completed. Shop the pin and provide detailed pictures if you want top dollar.

#9 2 years ago

What restoration??

I see an original TZ with a couple pieces of chrome, and a colordmd.

Did I miss something? lol

#10 2 years ago
Quoted from turbo2nr:

What restoration??

It was restored *at one time* it's not in that restored condition any longer.

#11 2 years ago

"Lord of the Gameroom" is a bit of a stretch for that filth

#12 2 years ago

I suggest you pull the glass off and take fresh pics of the playfield without all the glare.

#13 2 years ago
Quoted from mrbillishere:

I suggest you pull the glass off and take fresh pics of the playfield without all the glare.

And don't be afraid to use a little novus & lighter fluid while you're in there

#14 2 years ago

No doubt that $17,500 is a great price.

But only if you're the seller.

#15 2 years ago

Looks like the screw through playfield has happened on this one.

#16 2 years ago
Quoted from exflexer:

Looks like the screw through playfield has happened on this one.

You think? I usually look right under the slot for one, but I think those are just reflections?

#17 2 years ago
Quoted from turbo2nr:

I don't see anything "restored" ?
Like what was done to this exactly?
Needs shopped and rubbers.
Looks like original cabinet and decals.
Adding Chrome legs and a colordmd is now considered a restoration job?

Quoted from turbo2nr:

What restoration??

Lol, you sir are just and internet di*k... I've seen and played this particular machine during multiple tournaments. This machine is in pristine shape and plays extremely fast for a TZ. A machine is worth what someone is willing to pay. If someone is willing to pay and he can get $17k for it; then more power to him. Stop being a f***ing internet bully... you damn troll.

#18 2 years ago

I guess you open yourself up when you price a pin like this. I have to be honest...I don't vacuum out the inside of the cab before listing either. Lol It would be a good idea to take the glass off for some glare free/better pictures at least. GLWS

#19 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

You think? I usually look right under the slot for one, but I think those are just reflections?

I would assume because of BK's previous work its not something he would have missed. But you never know.

#20 2 years ago

It’s a nice machine honestly. Maybe a cleaning needed.
But wow 17k??? Yikes. I’m not super up to date on up to date prices but wow

#21 2 years ago
Quoted from Dazz:

Lol, you sir are just and internet di*k... I've seen and played this particular machine during multiple tournaments. This machine is in pristine shape and plays extremely fast for a TZ. A machine is worth what someone is willing to pay. If someone is willing to pay and he can get $17k for it; then more power to him. Stop being a f***ing internet bully... you damn troll.

He asks fair questions here though.... A seller is asking $17k for a Twilight Zone. The pictures show really dirty rubbers, and a cabinet with solder splashes and dirt on the floor. The lockbar receiver is either corroded, or has something spilled on it. I think at $7k, everyone tells the seller its a steal, and they overlook the little issues. At $17k, I think some of the shine and optimism is worn off when you see the little issues.

The seller can ask whatever he/she wants. But the seller also has the option to not list it with comments either. I think it is a nice Twilight Zone regardless of price. My only issue is the use of Bryan Kelly's name to sell the machine. If people dont know Bryan and his work, they would think he would let the machine out the door the way it looks now. I don't believe Bryan would be super excited about that, but he is on here and can speak for himself.

Good luck with the sale, looks like a nice Twilight Zone.

#22 2 years ago

Wonder if this is my old TZ from years ago.....

#23 2 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

He asks fair questions here though.... A seller is asking $17k for a Twilight Zone. The pictures show really dirty rubbers, and a cabinet with solder splashes and dirt on the floor. The lockbar receiver is either corroded, or has something spilled on it. I think at $7k, everyone tells the seller its a steal, and they overlook the little issues. At $17k, I think some of the shine and optimism is worn off when you see the little issues.
The seller can ask whatever he/she wants. But the seller also has the option to not list it with comments either. I think it is a nice Twilight Zone regardless of price. My only issue is the use of Bryan Kelly's name to sell the machine. If people dont know Bryan and his work, they would think he would let the machine out the door the way it looks now. I don't believe Bryan would be super excited about that, but he is on here and can speak for himself.
Good luck with the sale, looks like a nice Twilight Zone.

I totally agree... he could have cleaned it up a little, but was in a hurry. I'll go over there later and clean it up and get some better pics for him to post. This machine really is something to be seen though. No way any pics will really do it justice without a professional photog.

#24 2 years ago

I've also played this machine and was floored with no nice the playfield was.
Sure it's dirty, which is funny, but it's a pristine example.

#25 2 years ago

I have no idea who I restored this game for but it had to have been a good 7 years ago.

I have no control over what happens to a game once it leaves here but a lot can happen to it in 7 years.

EDIT: And I also would have at least vacuumed the cabinet out for that kind of money.

#26 2 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

I have no idea who I restored this game for but it had to have been a good 7 years ago.
I have no control over what happens to a game once it leaves here but a lot can happen to it in 7 years.
EDIT: And I also would have at least vacuumed the cabinet out for that kind of money.

I have one of your restorations from 2010 and it is incredible, still looks like a new machine, even the subway plastics are clear, and the inside cabinet looks great... It plays fast and furious. Pretty much everyone wants to buy it when they play the game, but it will be the last to leave my collection. I figured it is worth $10k now...

#27 2 years ago

Look, I am all about the prices going to the moon so my collection gets more valuable and I can sell my games for more, more more....but damn, man - put it some effort and at LEAST take the glass off when you're taking pictures of the PF.

#28 2 years ago
Quoted from Dazz:

So let me get this straight both accounts the seller and yours are linked to the same business. But your experience is that you played it only in Tournaments. Strange. But then your going over the home to clean it up and take pictures? The same machine that you have never seen but only in tournaments. I think its just a case of teeing the game up for a colleague. And good for you. My only real question is for 17K does it come with another TZ inside.

#29 2 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

....and replace a coin door reject slot bulb

#30 2 years ago
Quoted from Dazz:

It is NOT in pristine shape at all. Who are you joking here?
Looks like a standard unrestored TZ with a few add-ons.
Dirty, and poor pictures. He is just asking for negative comments trying to sell this way, at that price. DUH!

#31 2 years ago
Quoted from Dazz:

Yeah you *insert outdated internet words here*, stop using your eyes to see things that are clearly apparent.

Being a Brian Kelly game, I'm sure it would clean up nice and the playfield is probably amazing, but if you're going to post something at a crazy price like this, at least have it ready to go, not dirty and in need of a teardown, otherwise expect some grief from the peanut gallery. I bet cleaned up its very beautiful, I hope we get to see some pictures of it like that, and properly taken ones at that.

#32 2 years ago

Jesus mine is in better shape and I’ll take half that for it.

#33 2 years ago

Exactly.

#34 2 years ago

Condition is king. The current crop of photos doesn't exactly show a king condition.

Maybe update your pics OP? GLWS

#35 2 years ago
Quoted from exflexer:

So let me get this straight both accounts the seller and yours are linked to the same business. But your experience is that you played it only in Tournaments. Strange. But then your going over the home to clean it up and take pictures? The same machine that you have never seen but only in tournaments. I think its just a case of teeing the game up for a colleague. And good for you. My only real question is for 17K does it come with another TZ inside.

I know Dazz. I know who he is. He's a straight up legit guy, he just rarely ever says anything on here (gee I wonder why....some of us are smart enough to mostly avoid Pinside.), and does a CRAPTON of virtual pinball stuff. Pretty much anyone that's anyone in the D/FW pinball community knows him. Certainly a hell of a lot nicer dude than I am. The OP? I have no idea who that is.

*edit* Also, we have a "roaming league" here in the area that is held at volunteer's houses, so it's not at all uncommon that one of us would have played a game that another person has listed. Hell, even I used to hold tournaments in my 950 sq foot condo with 5 pins in my living room and 10-15 of us gathered in there like sardines...

#36 2 years ago

I know them both pretty well. And instead of cleaning up the game and taking photos last night, they came over to my place to help my fix some issues with a couple of my games. Spent almost 3 hours over here. They're both stand up guys and Dazz is without a doubt one of the nicest guys in the hobby. He also fixed my Vpin and made it epic.

Quoted from Frax:

I know Dazz. I know who he is. He's a straight up legit guy, he just rarely ever says anything on here (gee I wonder why....some of us are smart enough to mostly avoid Pinside.), and does a CRAPTON of virtual pinball stuff. Pretty much anyone that's anyone in the D/FW pinball community knows him. Certainly a hell of a lot nicer dude than I am. The OP? I have no idea who that is.
*edit* Also, we have a "roaming league" here in the area that is held at volunteer's houses, so it's not at all uncommon that one of us would have played a game that another person has listed. Hell, even I used to hold tournaments in my 950 sq foot condo with 5 pins in my living room and 10-15 of us gathered in there like sardines...

#37 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

So what?
Game is still way overpriced and not in collector quality condition.
Even on Facebook more than 50% of comments and negative and most people laughing at the ads.
A super nice person doesn't try to rip off the pinball community with a ridiculous sales post like this.

The description is 100% Horse SHIT!

"ITEM DESCRIPTION
This is simply one of the most gorgeous twilight zones you’ll ever see and it was restored by Bryan Kelly......"

In fact, the game is no where near this description at all.

#38 2 years ago
Quoted from turbo2nr:

So what?
Game is still way overpriced and not in collector quality condition.
Even on Facebook more than 50% of comments and negative and most people laughing at the ads.
A super nice person doesn't try to rip off the pinball community with a ridiculous sales post like this.
The description is 100% Horse SHIT!
"ITEM DESCRIPTION
This is simply one of the most gorgeous twilight zones you’ll ever see and it was restored by Bryan Kelly......"
In fact, the game is no where near this description at all.

So.....don't buy it, then?

Wow, that was simple.
staples-easy-button (resized).pngstaples-easy-button (resized).png

The entire point you missed was that exflexer was basically accusing Dazz of shilling for this game, just due to them both being linked to the same company, and my point is that the guy simply would not do that. I wasn't even talking to you, didn't quote your post or say your name, did I? I made no comment as to the value of the game, at all, and also stated that I don't know the seller, personally.. so.... go pound sand, and I hope you enjoy the chafing.

I'd offer to go get better pictures just to shut you up, but frankly, you're barely even worth the effort to make a post like this, much less waste 2 hours of my time for something that has no personal benefit to me. I'm willing to take a lot of shit from this community, because I give a lot of shit. What I'm not willing to do is to sit on the sidelines and have someone's character attacked that I know doesn't deserve it.

#39 2 years ago

RIP your inbox

Quoted from Pinchroma:

Jesus mine is in better shape and I’ll take half that for it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 129.50
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 359.00
Playfield - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Gameroom - Decorations
pinballmod

$ 1,059.00
$ 79.50
$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
$ 21.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 145.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pinball Haus

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 63.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-bryan-kelly-restored-twilight-zone?hl=damen and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.