Topic Stats

• 50 posts
  • 30 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 months ago by marksf123
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 13 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

AE1F892D-2741-4F3F-ABBF-E089F2075E75 (resized).jpeg
27A9CD08-530E-40DF-B1E2-C0227AA9DC20 (resized).jpeg
73510D55-B9A1-4717-9B9A-BF1516541CA7 (resized).jpeg
177AC459-FCDA-44A1-B80C-55FDE86F75FD (resized).jpeg
89C17D7C-5C9F-4409-940A-2E2720066451 (resized).jpeg
C9D67FB5-EC10-46E4-8080-48C0CD93E00A (resized).jpeg
8E5EECBB-2418-44E9-AC85-947341E93D95 (resized).jpeg
E01E6C2E-4580-4068-8C12-89302D954BA4 (resized).jpeg
AD452C2D-2C2B-4B4F-A7DB-F205C5F7A6EF (resized).jpeg
1FA24182-F2A7-490C-A2D4-F75D0416EE90 (resized).jpeg
0243F724-6C02-42FB-ACEB-8F5B6676C06B (resized).jpeg
685A305B-4166-4E4E-8EF5-6E5E6B010732 (resized).jpeg
D8BC72CD-3033-4400-B337-00099E493FF5 (resized).jpeg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

#1 12 months ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Price

$ 5,000

for sale

For sale: Bram Stoker's Dracula

Added: April 22nd, 2018 Ended: April 28th, 2018
Condition: HUO - Documented (Home Used Only)

Item description

Bram Stoker's Dracula, $5000, HUO, immaculate, collector's quality
Color DMD
Please Note: $5000 for BSD separately, $8250 for this plus FT

Item photos

D8BC72CD-3033-4400-B337-00099E493FF5 (resized).jpeg
685A305B-4166-4E4E-8EF5-6E5E6B010732 (resized).jpeg
0243F724-6C02-42FB-ACEB-8F5B6676C06B (resized).jpeg
1FA24182-F2A7-490C-A2D4-F75D0416EE90 (resized).jpeg
AD452C2D-2C2B-4B4F-A7DB-F205C5F7A6EF (resized).jpeg
E01E6C2E-4580-4068-8C12-89302D954BA4 (resized).jpeg
8E5EECBB-2418-44E9-AC85-947341E93D95 (resized).jpeg
C9D67FB5-EC10-46E4-8080-48C0CD93E00A (resized).jpeg
89C17D7C-5C9F-4409-940A-2E2720066451 (resized).jpeg
177AC459-FCDA-44A1-B80C-55FDE86F75FD (resized).jpeg
73510D55-B9A1-4717-9B9A-BF1516541CA7 (resized).jpeg
27A9CD08-530E-40DF-B1E2-C0227AA9DC20 (resized).jpeg
AE1F892D-2741-4F3F-ABBF-E089F2075E75 (resized).jpeg

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Listing result

The seller marked this ad as "not sold". The item did not sell through Pinside so there's no listing result.

Item location

Colorado Springs, CO, US

Seller insights

These are Russell's all time market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to Russell's stats page

#2 12 months ago

Why limit your potential field of buyers?

#3 12 months ago

Why not? His choice. Full Throttle is really fun game too. This is a hell of deal.
Best of luck on the sale!

#4 12 months ago

Wld love to see pics of a huo bsd... its one my favorite pins

#5 12 months ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Wld love to see pics of a huo bsd... its one my favorite pins

Me too! Post some pics OP so we can drool a bit!

#6 12 months ago

How about $8500 for BSD and Tron?

Seriously though, GLWS and here's a bump.

As a previous Full Throttle owner, I can honestly say it is a fast and fun pin. I didn't have any trouble with mine thankfully and that was before the Alien fiasco.

#7 12 months ago
Quoted from Russell:

I will ONLY sell this BSD to the buyer of my Full Throttle

What? That seems weird.

What if the buyer of FT dosn't want the BSD...

#8 12 months ago

Immaculate.

#9 12 months ago

I am willing to sell Full Throttle separately. If FT sells separately, I will keep BSD. More pics soon.

#10 12 months ago

This has got to be tough. It is a shame that Full Throttle is not more desirable. Fun game but real hard to sell at relatively low prices considering original price. I understand the package idea..Good luck either way.

#11 12 months ago

GLWS but I’m confused....why can’t someone buy the BSD if they want it?

#12 12 months ago

Lol, to get this super nice BSD you have to take on a heighway pin.

Not a bad price for both but definitely a little strange.

#13 12 months ago
Quoted from MikeTangoIndia:

GLWS but I’m confused....why can’t someone buy the BSD if they want it?

You can, but not at this price...

#14 12 months ago

He added photos. It is gorgeous...and I am drooling.

#15 12 months ago

wow that full throttle is real good property. This guy is willing to sell his prized bsd to unload his full throttle.

#16 12 months ago

Any pics of the front cabinet ?

#17 12 months ago
Quoted from pinbum:

Any pics of the front cabinet ?

Added. Lighting was weird, I can get better ones later.

#18 12 months ago

Very nice BSD. BUMP!

#19 12 months ago

Dracula- stay out of the light

I'm sure those windows are UV treated but still- worth a quick giggle.

#20 12 months ago

wow, dracula is a $4200 game now?????

#21 12 months ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

For a perfect one, yes, easily.

#22 12 months ago

Counting the color DMD, the price listed is very fair for a HUO BSD. But yeah, a very nice BSD like this is easily worth 4K if players BSDs are getting around 3K.

#23 12 months ago

I think restored BSD values will be going up once Micro gets the playfield released and people start restoring the games. We now will have new ramps, plastics and playfields.

#24 12 months ago
Quoted from Russell:

For a perfect one, yes, easily.

People are also discovering/creating in Dracula value that hadn't been realized before. Replyability off the charts in a DMD era game without modes (which cause many games to get stale eventually). Pinsound..

#25 12 months ago

I would think that Full Throttle would do really well on location. I enjoy playing it when I can. It wouldn't take long to pay for it at this price.

#26 12 months ago

Seems like that cab would get some good fading in front of that window like that. GLWS

#27 12 months ago

There is a shade on the window, but it was up for the pictures. Normally, it is down. No fading concerns.

#28 12 months ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

Counting the color DMD, the price listed is very fair for a HUO BSD. But yeah, a very nice BSD like this is easily worth 4K if players BSDs are getting around 3K.

Pffff. And the price pumpers have arrived!! You have to love all the BSD owners in this thread.

#29 12 months ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

Hellllll no. Don't listen to all the BSD owners commenting on value of a game they own and have a vested interest in.

#30 12 months ago
Quoted from pinlink:

Pffff. And the price pumpers have arrived!! You have to love all the BSD owners in this thread.

I do not own the game but would like to. I have seen this machine in person and it is mint and has a Color DMD. Supply and demand will justify pricing, not pumping. I have already offered cash for this game along with 20 other people. It is worth $5000+ and imo if you take the package deal you are paying $3500 for FT-that is cheap. HUO BSD's are like unicorns-very rare

GLWS Russell-let me know if you want me to come and pick it up

#31 12 months ago

Looks like a clean bsd. I love FT, and not scared to own either. That being said I’ve been on a rampage lately buying new games. If this is still fs in a month let’s talk. My Medusa is almost done getting restored, and during I found out that I absolutely dispise it. Bummer for me, but will free up 5k so like is said let’s stay in touch

#32 12 months ago

A bit of effort but for those wanting the BSD... find a friend or someone near your area interested in the Full Throttle at a great price. (Craigslist?) Take advantage of the 2 for 1 shipping deal and you both split the cost. Or, if you want the FT, do the shipping 2 for 1 deal and then sell the Dracula at a marked up price. $5K as has been suggested.
There's a variety of ways to go about this.

I love to see creativity like this especially when it sets Pinside on tilt. He's a creative seller, consider being a creative buyer.
Win, win.

#33 12 months ago

I'd say the price is very fair. No one is price pumping, assuming it is HUO and comes with a colorDMD. GLWTS.

You may want to include pics of the video lane (common wear area) and the shooter lane and inside of the cabinet to put a cherry on top of this.

#34 11 months ago
Quoted from pinlink:

Hellllll no. Don't listen to all the BSD owners commenting on value of a game they own and have a vested interest in.

Quoted from pinlink:

Are there BSDs that are worth 4200? Yes, certainly. A game in extremely good condition is worth a bit more than your average game. If you deny these things, you are just not trying to buy and sell games very often.

I looked for a nice BSD for years and gladly overpaid (according to you) for it. You want to buy mine for what I paid for it 3 years ago? Apparently not since the only reason I paid what I did was to try and accomplish some price pumping... whatever the hell that means.

People pay whatever they want. If a barcade pays crazy money for an arcade (like a Tapper for 3 grand), are they price pumping that game? Of course not. If supply and demand = price pumping then I agree with you.

Is your definition of price pumping just blindly saying a game is worth more just to attempt to sell it for more money? It doesn't really work that way.
Are you implying that a game that people say is better than it really is will increase the price of that title?
That could be true over a short period of time but eventually knowledgeable pinball people will reveal the truth of how much replay value there really is after ownership.

See here, I sold a Slugfest for 2800. Are all of them immediately worth that much? No way. Is a HUO one with a Bally distributor's receipt of sale worth that much? Probably so, and I know a few people that would likely pay more for it. Will that incrementally make all Slugfest's immediately go up $50? I don't think so. Things go up because as time ticks along, those items get harder to find in good condition and people end up paying more for those items. It's quite simple.

Specifically in the pinball world, when a repro play field is announced, that game sees a small increase in demand, but when that play field is actually released and you can buy one, the game really sees a surge in demand and that in turn makes the price go up very quickly. It trails off once those restored games hit the market and as time ticks on, sometimes the price creeps back down close to where it was before that particular play field was announced.

It doesn't matter if you own a BSD. The above examples hold true for ANY PINBALL TITLE. Price pumping must be the term people use that do not understand the dynamics of a collectible market over a given period of time.

One other fact. A routed and unshoped BSD listed for 2650 in the Pinside marketplace yesterday, sold in about 30 minutes. I feel that any decent BSD listed for 3k on Pinside would sell in a day or less. That's just the market demand for the title.

#35 11 months ago

Nothing wrong with making a profit on a game that you have owned for a while (or even recouping some loss on a game you purchased with a package deal). Around 4K seems like a reasonable price for the title in this condition. It is pretty obvious in this case though that the seller is trying to move a game that is a hard sell for him with one that is extremely popular right now. Best of luck to both parties!!

#36 11 months ago

As requested, pics of shooter lane and video lane added.

#37 11 months ago
Quoted from Russell:

As requested, pics of shooter lane and video lane added.

People are looking for a pic of the video lane above the inserts where the ball lands. Nice looking Bsd. GLWTS !

#38 11 months ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I do not own the game but would like to. I have seen this machine in person and it is mint and has a Color DMD. Supply and demand will justify pricing, not pumping. I have already offered cash for this game along with 20 other people. It is worth $5000+ and imo if you take the package deal you are paying $3500 for FT-that is cheap. HUO BSD's are like unicorns-very rare
GLWS Russell-let me know if you want me to come and pick it up

If you want to give him $5k for Dracula, I will gladly give him the $3500 for the Full Throttle...

#39 11 months ago

Jesus! That is a virgin shooter lane!!!!!

#40 11 months ago

I have played this game, and I think this example is as close as it gets to original factory fresh minty new. To get any closer I think you would need a DeLorean, 1.21 Giggawatts, and 88mph.

#41 11 months ago
Quoted from pinlink:

just shut it.

#42 11 months ago

After lots of discussion, I’ve decided to separate BSD and Full Throttle. BSD will be $5000, FT will be $4000. $8250 for both.

#43 11 months ago

Dracula hates direct sunlight....for many reasons. *cringe*

#44 11 months ago

Picture attached of game room with shade drawn.

#45 11 months ago

I was thinking more like $2400-2800!! Thats what they were a year and 1/2 ago!

#46 11 months ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

I was thinking more like $2400-2800!! Thats what they were a year and 1/2 ago!

With the color dmd and condition thats way low...thats what a stock faded players machine is priced at now. Im not sure what price it will sell at , but anything under 4k and it wld of sold super quickly.

#47 11 months ago

I know HUO gets tossed around. Is this game documented HUO or are you using it as a generic term for a nice condition game? Does it have all the documents that came originally? Goody bag in place? Sales receipt of purchase? It’s a handful of dark pics and people are a little too enthusiastic. No pic of in cabinet or in the head of boards. Not even the flipper buttons. I’m sure it could be nice but at 5k is top dollar and should have all the usual photos that a true HUO game would present. GLWS.

#48 11 months ago

$5K isn't top dollar for a solid BW DMD classic anymore. Especially when Stern jacked their market prices up.

Quoted from shlockdoc:

I know HUO gets tossed around. Is this game documented HUO or are you using it as a generic term for a nice condition game? Does it have all the documents that came originally? Goody bag in place? Sales receipt of purchase? It’s a handful of dark pics and people are a little too enthusiastic. No pic of in cabinet or in the head of boards. Not even the flipper buttons. I’m sure it could be nice but at 5k is top dollar and should have all the usual photos that a true HUO game would present. GLWS.

#49 11 months ago

Deposit Sent! I am looking forward to picking up this beautiful BSD tomorrow. Thanks again Russell

#50 11 months ago
Quoted from 6T9Judge:

Deposit Sent! I am looking forward to picking up this beautiful BSD tomorrow. Thanks again Russell

Congrats - beautiful game!

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside