IMG_0774 (resized).JPG
IMG_0775 (resized).JPG
IMG_0773 (resized).JPG
IMG_0771 (resized).JPG
IMG_0768 (resized).JPG
IMG_0770 (resized).JPG
IMG_0769 (resized).JPG
IMG_0767 (resized).JPG

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has expired, so this topic closed automatically.

#1 6 years ago

EXPIRED

Expired ad

This ad has expired and was removed from the MarketPlace. The owner has been requested to end their ad, so it can be archived.

Game - for sale

For sale: Bobby Orr's Power Play

Added: 2018-02-06 21:55:27 UTC
Condition: Used - shows wear but 100% working and clean

#2 6 years ago

Character quality. Could that be a new term?

#3 6 years ago

As I posted in your Price Advice thread, "OBO" doesn't mean jack when your asking price is 300% market value. No one will send you an offer because no one even expects replies when their comfort level is 1/3rd of your asking price.

#4 6 years ago

Wow! I would let mine go for $2K and it has less "character quality". Good luck with your sale.

#5 6 years ago

Oh snap, crack is whacked.

#6 6 years ago

Tops a grand.

#7 6 years ago

So did you completely ignore the answers in your other post when you listed this?

With that pf wear it’s not worth a grand.

#8 6 years ago
Quoted from crlush:

Tops a grand.

Not with that much patina.

#9 6 years ago

BG looks nice and is the best part of this post. The pf wear is extensive...I'd think $800 maybe....

#10 6 years ago

Wow- I value this at 750 tops. That play field needs serious work and I don’t pay for character...

#11 6 years ago

For that price, Bobby Orr himself better be included.

#12 6 years ago
Quoted from Hogey:

BG looks nice and is the best part of this post. The pf wear is extensive...I'd think $800 maybe....

Exactly! He can ASK whatever he wants... What he GETS are two totally different numbers.

Don't mean to rag on the OP's price but it is wildly unrealistic! And that's putting it nicely.

Honestly, when I first clicked on this topic I was expecting a beautifully restored and clear coated PF, restenciled cabinet, polished coin door and side rails, the whole nine yards... But sadly, no...

-Steve

#13 6 years ago

I don't normally post in these threads but that much money for this kind of quality = insanity

#14 6 years ago

With a playfield like that? Insert a decimal point

#15 6 years ago

Should read like this:

$3,000 for nice Power Play backglass and other various machine parts.

What a joke.

#16 6 years ago

I'm sort of surprised people post in threads like this. Informed people know it won't sell. Don't assume you know a seller's intentions. A lot of people are inexperienced at selling things. Doesn't mean they don't eventually come to their senses. At least the pictures clearly show the condiiton.

I distinctly remember a Williams Argosy last year listed for 2K that needed to be shopped. I think it eventually sold for $250 and it was a good deal for someone wanting a cheap EM to play.

Maybe he will take less once a month goes by and no one makes an offer? You never know. I've seen that exact thing happen hundreds of times.

I feel bad because I suspect the seller may have been taken advantage of and overpaid for the new boards that were installed in the game. Especially if that person said "the game is worth 3K so, investing 1K in it is no big deal". Sad, but that happens all the time.

#17 6 years ago

I'm surprised if he ever come back here, after people jumping down his throat like this! It clearly said at the top that he just joined PInside, he's still learning what's up. I bet he didn't know at first that there's a price database. That would really suck if he got taken on those boards, but better to try and recoup that money posting somewhere where there are a lot of Blackhawks fans, and would be a cool trophy to have in a basement rec room. And not necessarily try to sell it to the insane types that post on here

#18 6 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I'm surprised if he ever come back here, after people jumping down his throat like this! It clearly said at the top that he just joined PInside, he's still learning what's up. I bet he didn't know at first that there's a price database. That would really suck if he got taken on those boards, but better to try and recoup that money posting somewhere where there are a lot of Blackhawks fans, and would be a cool trophy to have in a basement rec room. And not necessarily try to sell it to the insane types that post on here

Uh huh.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1978-bobby-orr-pinball-machine-value

#19 6 years ago

Well... never mind my previous post. LOL.

This same thing happened with that Prototype Police Force. Everyone on here was spot on the price that it eventually sold at (I think) but the guy asking for help didn't like the answers he got and listed it for 5K OBO anyway. Took a couple months but he eventually came to his senses and it sold. Problem there was that the guy did not seem like a rookie pinball guy.

Only thing that is bound to happen with this listing... A scam buyer will contact him and agree to purchase the game, that deal will fall apart and the seller won't drop the price since someone offered to buy it for the full asking price. Oh well.

#20 6 years ago

Seriously, this is an enthusiast forum. Do your homework before you kick down the door and make a fool out of yourself.

You don't jump onto a Mustang forum and list a beat 1998 Base Mustang V6 Automatic for $10K.

You don't start a price advice thread and then 30 min later price it at 300% of market value.

Be better at the internet.

#21 6 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

I feel bad because I suspect the seller may have been taken advantage of and overpaid for the new boards that were installed in the game. Especially if that person said "the game is worth 3K so, investing 1K in it is no big deal". Sad, but that happens all the time.

I thought of this as well after I posted... For the OP I hope that's not the case.

-Steve

Edit: AND then I read a few posts down... LOL

1 week later
#22 6 years ago

Hey did this sell yet?

#23 6 years ago

He’s probably too busy to update the ad because of all the offers he is still getting on it.

1 week later
#24 6 years ago

Asking price reduced to $2,500 on ebay. Probably needs to come down another $1,500 to get serious interest.

#25 6 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Not with that much patina.

Exposed bare wood on the playfield is now considered patina?

#26 6 years ago
Quoted from drsfmd:

Exposed bare wood on the playfield is now considered patina?

It’s “character”

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems

$ 179.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has expired, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-bobby-orrs-power-play-4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.