You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

D57C91EB-DA19-497A-8C09-CCAADB6AE8AF (resized).png
25967E1B-6131-4631-BEBA-4913E5949F47 (resized).jpeg
369FB184-2789-4342-B8A5-9C7F57B45D6F (resized).jpeg
066B716E-3E3F-44E5-89D3-CD29510A4A99 (resized).jpeg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#1 2 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Game - for sale

For sale: Blast Off

Added: 2021-12-01 05:01:33 UTC • Ended: December 12th, 2021
Condition: Functional - needs major work

1 Pinsider added this ad to their favorites.

Price

$ 1,000 (OBO)

Open for offers

Item description

READ THIS DESCRIPTION FULLY!!!
I drove 8 hours to pick this machine up from a man in Arkansas named Josh Hubbard. Despite him doing pinball repair, he scammed me on this one, hard. I paid $1,300 for this machine thinking it was a Blast Off machine that somewhat worked. And well let me just get straight to the point. This is a Blast Off head (add-a-ball game) on an Apollo cabinet and playfield (replay version of the same game) I have spent day after day rewiring the sockets for the head to try and make it play like Blast Off, but I am ready to give up. I have gotten decently far though, and I believe with a lot of knowledge this machine could still work. I borrowed an Apollo backbox from my friend in Lincoln, and I can say with certainty that this machine plays 100% perfectly with the right head on it. If you have an Apollo head, this can just be the rest of your machine, I only rewired the wires in the Blast Off backbox going to the sockets, as to let the game still work with the proper Apollo head on it. Playfield/plastics are in great shape, small bit of flaking in name in backglass but it looks cooler that way, and cab is in pictures. I put new rubbers and waxed it before I realized it was a mismatched game. Asking $1,000, I know I’m not going to get all my money back on this crap, especially the wasted gas money driving that 8 hours, but Josh Hubbard threatened me after I yelled at him for scamming me.
It’s my loss on this one, I have many other machines that actually work to fix though so this needs to go. Thank you if you have read this entire thing.

Item photos

066B716E-3E3F-44E5-89D3-CD29510A4A99 (resized).jpeg
25967E1B-6131-4631-BEBA-4913E5949F47 (resized).jpeg
369FB184-2789-4342-B8A5-9C7F57B45D6F (resized).jpeg

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are PribsPinRepair's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to PribsPinRepair's stats page

Listing result

The seller marked this ad as "not sold". The item did not sell through Pinside so there's no listing result.

Item location

Lincoln, NE, US

#2 2 years ago

Well that sucks !
GLWS

#3 2 years ago

What did Josh say when you discussed this mix up with him?

#4 2 years ago
Quoted from Jigs:

What did Josh say when you discussed this mix up with him?

This is just a small portion of the entire bs response. He’s referencing at the top the fact that I took a U-turn after I left the gas station I met him at to drive even further down into Arkansas to help him try and jump his car that died. And this was the first time I had messaged him since October well over a month ago

D57C91EB-DA19-497A-8C09-CCAADB6AE8AF (resized).pngD57C91EB-DA19-497A-8C09-CCAADB6AE8AF (resized).png

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-blast-off-1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.