Topic Stats

• 95 posts
  • 42 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Taxman
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 31 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

pins.jpeg
Congo 039.jpg
congo 063-XL.jpg
Congo 020.jpg
congo 061-XL.jpg
20150213_003037.jpg
congo 0019-XL.jpg
congo 0016-XL.jpg
congo 0013-XL.jpg
Congo 007.jpg
congo 080-XL.jpg
Congo 004.jpg
congo kit 066.JPG
image-289.jpg
image-92.jpg
image-203.jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

There are 95 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 4 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Screw that. I set the clock four hours ahead so that 8 o'clock is actually midnight. I'm too old to stay up that late!

haha that is cheating! Good things come to pinheads that play late. I just got my personal record on Big Game at around 1 am last night haha. Those midnight madness modes are really cool.

#52 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Aren't you in the same state? Haha.

lol. yes i am dr rosen rosen but its not just around the corner either.

#53 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Guess I should watch the movie.

Do not watch that movie. It ruined the game for me for years. Just like shadow.

#54 4 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Screw that. I set the clock four hours ahead so that 8 o'clock is actually midnight. I'm too old to stay up that late!

ha!

#55 4 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

Do not watch that movie. It ruined the game for me for years. Just like shadow.

Watch it again assuming they made the movie to be a comedy. It will help.

#56 4 years ago

...especially when Amy is smoking a cigarette. Just awful.

#57 4 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

...especially when Amy is smoking a cigarette. Just awful.

Exactly. Not to mention Tim Curry's entire character.

#58 4 years ago

I thought the movie was the best movie spinoff from a pinball machine ever. They got all the sounds right. Just... don't expect too much from a pinball-game spinoff movie I guess.
At least, that's the order they went for me.

#59 4 years ago

The movie's so bad that even the music to the pinball game is better than the movie's soundtrack.

Yes. Even the music is bad.

#60 4 years ago

love the movie and the machine. lots of vid modes too. very deep.

#61 4 years ago

How bad is this movie?

Total Spoiler Alert - Do not watch (even if you have seen the movie)

#62 4 years ago

From what I understand, not all B&W Congo are kits. I believe they were the last pins made in the old factory and were using up what they had. They only made the Congo conversion kits in B&W but they also built B&W Congo pins @ the factory. That was how I understood it anyway.

#63 4 years ago

If it was a conversion kit wouldn't it have a wpc-s boardset? From the factory should have the wpc-95 boards.

Open the backbox and take a look

#64 4 years ago

Congrats to the buyer, great pin one if my favorites. This pin keeps giving and giving, a year later and I'm still discovering new tidbits as I get further in the game. Best sound, music and callouts ever imho. Multiball for God's sake starts with balls spewing from a volcano, h.f.s. can it get any better...

#65 4 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

How bad is this movie?
» YouTube video

Don't mess with chick packing a diamond powered laser gun. Everybody knows this.

#66 4 years ago

Now that's funny

#67 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Don't mess with chick packing a diamond powered laser gun. Everybody knows this.

That's the problem. It is not a laser gun but a piece of "communication equipment". But if you take a big uncut diamond and smash the crud off on a nearby rock it is more powerful than anything the military has.

Actually that's not the problem. The freakin gorilla Amy and the rest of the movie is the problem. The pin is a good attempt at tying it to the movie to modes and objectives.

#68 4 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

How bad is this movie?
» YouTube video

Ugggh. What have I gotten myself into.?

It would be cool if the pin came with one of those guns like TBL comes with a rug.

#69 4 years ago
Quoted from nutshell79:

If it was a conversion kit wouldn't it have a wpc-s boardset? From the factory should have the wpc-95 boards.
Open the backbox and take a look

The kits were made to go in wpc-s narrow body games, with a ball shooter, like World Cup Soccer. They didn't come with boards, just roms that are specific to wpc-s boardsets. You can however get a set of Congo roms that are specific to wpc-95 games and put the kit in any wpc-95 narrow body game, with a shooter, such as Junk Yard. Here are a few pics of my kit, originally installed in my Junk Yard, and now currently installed in a nice Congo cabinet. Also, just for clarity sake, the kits didn't come with any cabinet graphics.
congo kit 066.JPGCongo 007.jpgCongo 004.jpgcongo 080-XL.jpgcongo 0013-XL.jpgcongo 0016-XL.jpgcongo 0019-XL.jpg

#70 4 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

That's the problem. It is not a laser gun but a piece of "communication equipment". But if you take a big uncut diamond and smash the crud off on a nearby rock it is more powerful than anything the military has.
Actually that's not the problem. The freakin gorilla Amy and the rest of the movie is the problem. The pin is a good attempt at tying it to the movie to modes and objectives.

UGLY. TAXMAN. UGLY.

20150213_003037.jpg
#71 4 years ago

The Book itself, was very good Read.

#72 4 years ago

Remember enjoy the movie as a kid (I'm 29), recently re-watched it and it was thoroughly ruined as I noticed all the plot holes and terrible dialog. Still glad I bought the game!

#73 4 years ago
Quoted from DryHeat:

The kits were made to go in wpc-s narrow body games, with a ball shooter, like World Cup Soccer. They didn't come with boards, just roms that are specific to wpc-s boardsets. You can however get a set of Congo roms that are specific to wpc-95 games and put the kit in any wpc-95 narrow body game, with a shooter, such as Junk Yard. Here are a few pics of my kit, originally installed in my Junk Yard, and now currently installed in a nice Congo cabinet. Also, just for clarity sake, the kits didn't come with any cabinet graphics.
congo kit 066.JPG (Click image to enlarge)Congo 007.jpgCongo 004.jpgcongo 080-XL.jpg (Click image to enlarge)congo 0013-XL.jpg (Click image to enlarge)congo 0016-XL.jpg (Click image to enlarge)congo 0019-XL.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

Where was the playfield? It obviously could,nt fit in that box!

#74 4 years ago
Quoted from dudah:

Remember enjoy the movie as a kid (I'm 29), recently re-watched it and it was thoroughly ruined as I noticed all the plot holes and terrible dialog. Still glad I bought the game!

I remember watching the movie in the theater and sitting behind a bunch of kids, one of whom said to his friend at the end "This is the worst movie I've ever seen ... except for maybe "Circle of Friends." That pretty much sums it up.

#75 4 years ago
Quoted from msj2222:

Where was the playfield? It obviously could,nt fit in that box!

The kit comes in two boxes. Here's few pics of the playfield, in box and out.
Congo 020.jpgCongo 039.jpgcongo 063-XL.jpgcongo 061-XL.jpg

#76 4 years ago

U can also take a NBA fastbreak and convert it to a MM.

#77 4 years ago

Just curious can you still find these kits? Unopened?

#78 4 years ago

That window looks clear, mine has a yellow tint!

#80 4 years ago

There is a easier way to do it. Take it out, clean it well, flame polish it then use a soft pad buffer wheel. Done

#81 4 years ago

It looks like the kit PF came with the clear window, is this how they shipped? My window seems to be yellow translucent plastic, not dirty or scrached. I have removed the lower PF and polished. Is the yellow a coating?

#82 4 years ago

I know of a kit hanging around....

#83 4 years ago
Quoted from NJGecko:

I know of a kit hanging around....

yeah, they are relatively common.

I know of at least 3 that have changed hands in the past year.

#84 4 years ago

Can anyone point me in the direction of a kit?

#86 4 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

Can anyone point me in the direction of a kit?

just keep your eyes peeled in all the usual places.

They pop up every few months.

#87 4 years ago

Been looking for 6 months or longer. Pinside, ebay, kijiji, even some European and canadian pinball forums With no luck. Really hope I can find one someday.

#88 4 years ago
Quoted from dgoett:

Have to purchase an entire boardset, too as congo is WPC95. how would you upgrade a DH or flinstones? Dirty Harry has a gun handle and flinstones has a push launch button.
Light board would not be close to being the same or the speaker panel.
Maybe that's why they only made 130 of them? Dumb idea.

I believe they released two versions of the rom. (dryheat beat me to it.)

Quoted from zucot:

Did Congo have a keychain plastic?

Yes it did. Mine came with one. Made me buy keychains for the rest of my games. Haha

#89 4 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

Been looking for 6 months or longer. Pinside, ebay, kijiji, even some European and canadian pinball forums With no luck. Really hope I can find one someday.

most recent one on ebay was talked about in this thread I think???

Other than that, 2 have changed hands on pinside in the past few months.

Good luck in your hunt. I am guessing the guys that bought the most recent kits maybe willing to sell their old pf as a reduced price kit also?

I am guessing since you have congo in your collection already that you are looking for the easy swap/drop in. I know 2 of the guys that bought the recent NIB kits were doing the same thing.

Post up a WTB and see what rolls in.

#90 4 years ago

Anyone know where I can buy said keychain plastic? PS, free bump.

#91 4 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

Anyone know where I can buy said keychain plastic? PS, free bump.

pm sent

#92 4 years ago

Congo in it's new home.
Great seller and the machine is in superb shape!

pins.jpeg

#93 4 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

How bad is this movie?
» YouTube video

wow, that is awesomely bad. the next time someone says bsd is sourced from a horrible movie, i'm going to send them to this movie for some perspective. wowza

#94 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Congo in it's new home.
Great seller and the machine is in superb shape!
pins.jpeg (Click image to enlarge)

Congrats!!!

#95 4 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

wow, that is awesomely bad. the next time someone says bsd is sourced from a horrible movie, i'm going to send them to this movie for some perspective. wowza

I know. I thought I would have gotten some thumbs up for the clip posting. But I think either people took my warning seriously or saw it and now hate me.

Either way, congrats to the buyer. Good game, bad movie, but good game.

There are 95 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside