Topic Stats

• 16 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by o-din
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 10 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20180803_125611 (resized).jpg
20180704_110933 (resized).jpg
20180803_125559 (resized).jpg
20180707_104017 (resized).jpg
20180711_095417 (resized).jpg
20180716_101335 (resized).jpg
20180711_095403 (resized).jpg
20180610_120546 (resized).jpg
20180706_141652 (resized).jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

#1 1 year ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Price

$ 2,800 (OBO)

Open for offers

for sale

For sale: Big Hurt

Added: July 26th, 2018 Ended: August 10th, 2018
Condition: Fully shopped/refurbished

Item description

Hello all,

I picked up this game fresh off-route and threw everything I had at it. It has been rebuilt from the leg levelers up and little is left to do. I have added so much value to this game through lighting upgrades and powder coating, custom artwork, not to mention rebuilding or replacing everything between here and there, such that I may well have shot myself in the foot on recouping the investment. Nonetheless, it's a one of a kind and in very good condition. Feel free to contact me with any questions or for specific pics. I will get back to you as soon as I possibly can. Of the pics here some were taken during the rebuild I should think obvious. But I can take many more.

While I enjoy the work, it still has to be a financially reasonable thing to do. I probably have 60 to 80 hours of my time in this game and the price represents me making a couple hundred bucks on it. So while I'm not firm, every penny less is money I won't throw at the next project. I mean what are we to do? Not refurbish games? This is what it costs. So please, please, dont bash me over the head price police. I know you think this game should cost 1200. It just doesn't. So there is that. Cross listed on ebay with all their applicable fees added. So look! You're getting a huge discount for just being a pinsider!

Hey thanks,
Mike

Item photos

20180706_141652 (resized).jpg
20180610_120546 (resized).jpg
20180711_095403 (resized).jpg
20180716_101335 (resized).jpg
20180711_095417 (resized).jpg
20180707_104017 (resized).jpg
20180704_110933 (resized).jpg

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Listing result

The seller ended this ad and submitted the final sales price into our price database but opted not to disclose the price publicly.

Seller contributed to Pinside for selling this item!

Item location

Tulsa, OK, US

Seller insights

These are Mikedenton49's all time market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to Mikedenton49's stats page

#2 1 year ago

The game looks nice, but for $3k it looks like the flippers have some older parts on them--like the links and plungers under the playfield. Obviously, you've done some work to a $1,200 auction house Big Hurt but powdercoat and apron/target decals aren't usually a dollar for dollar return on investment. If you were local, I'd consider trading my Terminator 2 for this.

#3 1 year ago

Who says you can’t polish a turd. That looks really good but probably not worth the time and effort for that game.

#4 1 year ago

To be fair, if that game was built today, it would probably cost at least as much as a Stern premium, but with more features.

#5 1 year ago

I'm not used to seeing System 3s given the white glove treatment. Looks really nice!

#6 1 year ago
Quoted from o-din:

To be fair, if that game was built today, it would probably cost at least as much as a Stern premium, but with more features.

To be fair, Stern puts a lot more effort into their rules and coding the any system 3.

#7 1 year ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

To be fair, Stern puts a lot more effort into their rules and coding the any system 3.

That is about the only effort that they would be putting into it.

#8 1 year ago

The cab looks nice so just an FYI, those leg protectors will rub the cab and wear the paint/decal off. And since they are bigger than the leg, you’ll always see it. Sucks super bad. I’d recommend the stern style, metal ones that bump the leg a tad out.

How’s the wear at the insert below the ramp? I think it usually has two bulbs in it? That usually gets over heated

#9 1 year ago
Quoted from northvibe:

The cab looks nice so just an FYI, those leg protectors will rub the cab and wear the paint/decal off. And since they are bigger than the leg, you’ll always see it. Sucks super bad. I’d recommend the stern style, metal ones that bump the leg a tad out.
How’s the wear at the insert below the ramp? I think it usually has two bulbs in it? That usually gets over heated

I'm concerned about the right field stadium lights in the second picture. The fans must be running for the hills after they collapsed.

#10 1 year ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

I'm concerned about the right field stadium lights in the second picture. The fans must be running for the hills after they collapsed.

In the 2nd photo, all 4 ramps are missing from the playfield. I am sure the game is very nice in fully assembled condition. System 3 machines are very good and Big Hurt is the best system 3 ever made. GLWS.

#11 1 year ago

Hey guys, sorry I've been wrapped up with helping my grandmother get moved after the recent loss of papa, so pinball has been the last thing on my mind (well... Not really.)

I appreciate all the kind words like you wouldn't believe.

Let me add a little background...

All of these pics are from various stages of the rebuild. I guess I should replace them with the finished product.

This game is a bit of an anomaly. It sat on-route for 20+ years sucking down quarters and killing the sport. The GC was 1.6B, a mere fraction of what it should be given the 36,000 paid credits. What a DBag of an operator. I bet it never played correctly and he was cool with that. After fixing it I GC'd the first ball. Everyone else's loss is my gain (well... not really) as most of the mechs were 80% or better good to go. The flippers are fine. So while I could throw another hundy at it for new flips, why? I cant break even as it sits. I removed and cleaned, sanded smooth, and replaced the sleeves and bearings. It's good enough for the likes of most us knuckleheads. Several items did get outright replaced.

I'm not making the claim the game is mint. There is some insert graphic damage from the mylar removal, which I thought long and hard about before doing. It isn't too bad though considering. To go full HEP on it and toss in a new playfield, if such a thing were even possible (it isn't), would add what cost? Another grand and 10 hours or more? Then how hard would we all be laughing at this idiot? Very.

I've tried to strike the best balance between new and used and still be able to break even. I love this hobby and all, ehhhh, most, of the wonderful people in it. I do this not for money, but for posterity. It doesn't take much vision to see that most of these games will soon turn to dust, but a lucky few, may well sit in a museum someday. If I touched a single piece of that in this life it made the whole BS experience more worthwhile. Getting all existential, sorry, it's been a rough couple weeks.

So I'm not firm on 3k. If I were to go for what it's worth to me I'd be asking 5 large. It's like whateves, I just want it to go to a caring home to be appreciated.

#12 1 year ago

I'm prepared to wait it out.

20180803_125559 (resized).jpg20180803_125611 (resized).jpg
#13 1 year ago
Quoted from Mikedenton49:

I'm prepared to wait it out.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Then you should be OK.

#14 1 year ago

Buy this great pin soon & I can deliver it to you.
I'm driving right past this pin on my game delivery route.
TX > Lousianna > Florida > Carolinas > TX > Oklahoma > TX.

PM me for details...

#15 1 year ago

I've spoken with labnip and he is legit. Great guy to boot. I'm within a stones throw of getting my grail, so make an offer. 2700 midweek hump bump.

#16 1 year ago
Quoted from Mikedenton49:

I've spoken with labnip and he is legit. Great guy to boot.

I've considered giving him a boot several times.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside