0257592C-3669-4043-BF44-EB646E1CBD07 (resized).jpeg
83F33F33-94D4-480F-895C-F966B408DDAA (resized).jpeg
C5BC89A4-9AFE-4402-870B-8357414A7873 (resized).jpeg
DF5642E1-0B25-4823-966D-10EF1A3570A6 (resized).jpeg
DD94E0A2-6EB1-450E-8551-933ABBE08EAC (resized).jpeg
DAB6A003-3742-4FD4-A101-C2474F5007C7 (resized).jpeg
19817A8F-8164-4C06-8C00-67984488A4B3 (resized).jpeg
96D946B1-4914-4166-8ED2-E22DB412500B (resized).jpeg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 66 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 4 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Game - for sale

Big game

Added: 2019-06-06 02:05:27 UTC • Ended: June 7th, 2019
Condition: As is

Price

$ 1,200 (OBO)

Open for offers

Classic Stern Big Game pinball machine (sorry I linked to wrong machine). Machine is complete but needs a complete shop out and repairs.

MPU still has original battery onboard, and there is some corrosion, although it doesn’t look too bad. I noticed a few of the connectors have green goo on some of the pins, but again, it’s nothing too terrible or uncommon with games of this vintage.

I will add more pics when possible.

Item photos

96D946B1-4914-4166-8ED2-E22DB412500B (resized).jpeg
DD94E0A2-6EB1-450E-8551-933ABBE08EAC (resized).jpeg
130B7A49-69D6-46AB-AF1D-FF132BBFD477 (resized).jpeg
0257592C-3669-4043-BF44-EB646E1CBD07 (resized).jpeg
19817A8F-8164-4C06-8C00-67984488A4B3 (resized).jpeg
83F33F33-94D4-480F-895C-F966B408DDAA (resized).jpeg
C5BC89A4-9AFE-4402-870B-8357414A7873 (resized).jpeg
DAB6A003-3742-4FD4-A101-C2474F5007C7 (resized).jpeg
22A88299-432E-4B3F-8E98-27BA1DF780DC (resized).jpeg
DF5642E1-0B25-4823-966D-10EF1A3570A6 (resized).jpeg
D0BB546A-2177-4EAE-8F7A-01D563A1CF2C (resized).jpeg

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are yonizzell's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to yonizzell's stats page

Listing result

The seller marked this ad as "not sold". The item did not sell through Pinside so there's no listing result.

Item location

Gettysburg, PA, US

#2 4 years ago

Is this the same game that was listed for sale for $800 a couple days ago?

#3 4 years ago
Quoted from Ballypalooza:

Is this the same game that was listed for sale for $800 a couple days ago?

Looks like it

#4 4 years ago

I think that listing was pulled and listed as sale pending, and then sold. I would like to know what happened.

#5 4 years ago

I believe the pics are the same

#6 4 years ago

Dude is free to raise a price on his game if he wants without explaining it to us, or flipping it if he bought it for $800.

Seems optimistic to me. This isn’t quicksilver. Working big games go for less than this routinely.

#7 4 years ago

I guess the guy can do what he wants. BUT, I think this looks really bad on the surface. Go look at the original ad. He listed it at $800. I’m sure he had multiple responses, including mine, that we would purchase the machine for asking price. Then the ad lists as sale pending and then SOLD. Sale pending in 20 mins. All fine. Then two days later, same op has same machine for 1200?
If I’m wrong or missing something, I’ll be glad to apologize. But this smells from here.

#8 4 years ago

No Ballypalooza you’re dead on...this one stinks.

#10 4 years ago

Still a good price. Playfeild is better then most I've seen.

If I was closer I'd jump on this one.

#11 4 years ago

I guess the guy can do what he wants. BUT, I think this looks really bad on the surface. Go look at the original ad. He listed it at $800. I’m sure he had multiple responses, including mine, that we would purchase the machine for asking price. Then the ad lists as sale pending and then SOLD. Sale pending in 20 mins. All fine. Then two days later, same op has same machine for 1200?
If I’m wrong or missing something, I’ll be glad to apologize. But this smells from here.

Chill out dude. I have the right to do what I want with my stuff, as do you. I was just testing the waters with my first listing to judge interest in the game. I did contribute to Pinside as if I actually sold the game though.

#12 4 years ago

I wish people would stop judging others on what one does with their collection.

That’s still an incredible price folks.

#13 4 years ago
Quoted from SilverballSleuth:

That is in dispute!

#14 4 years ago

Thanks for the explanation. That’s what I thought happened. You had a bunch of people offer to buy it at the price you listed and you listed it as SOLD. You then realized you made a mistake could get more money. So you pull out of the deal with whoever you sold it to and resist it at a higher price.

#15 4 years ago

Let the free market decide whether it’s priced right or not. I have at least five people right now that want to pay me and pick it up later. It has a perfect backglass and a playfield with very little wear. Very solid machine all the way around.

#16 4 years ago

Thanks for the explanation. That’s what I thought happened. You had a bunch of people offer to buy it at the price you listed and you listed it as SOLD. You then realized you made a mistake could get more money. So you pull out of the deal with whoever you sold it to and resist it at a higher price.

And no, I never accepted any one’s offer.

#17 4 years ago
Quoted from SilverballSleuth:

I wish people would stop judging others on what one does with their collection.

This has nothing to do with pricing. Nothing. You don’t list a machine with a buy it now price, receive full offers, then refuse them and up your price. This is wrong. He even said he was testing the waters with his first listing. Not cool.

#18 4 years ago

Honestly, I don’t feel I did anything wrong and I don’t feel I need to explain anything to anyone. The only reason I am doing it is because I am not an asshole and I want those of you who were wondering to know why I did what I did.

#19 4 years ago

This has nothing to do with pricing. Nothing. You don’t list a machine with a buy it now price, receive full offers, then refuse them and up your price. This is wrong. He even said he was testing the waters with his first listing. Not cool.

Not cool? Exactly!
Throw a game out into the market place with a fantastic price and watch 'em jump?
No, no, no- that first price wasn't the REAL price, nah, just the TEST price.
Yep anybody can do anything they want with their machine.

#20 4 years ago

Oh, I misunderstood. I thought he bought it for $800, and is flipping it for $1200.

On second thought - what a douchy thing to do.

#21 4 years ago

I’m sure you had more than five offers to pay full price the first time too. If you get enough interest at $1200, will you re-list at a higher price?
If you are unsure what the market will pay, please try to start a “what is my machine worth” or “price check” thread before you list for sale.

E293A3B3-0435-42AE-95CB-E8E2EA8B82B5 (resized).pngE293A3B3-0435-42AE-95CB-E8E2EA8B82B5 (resized).png
#22 4 years ago

Wow, people are unbelievable..

#23 4 years ago

With how hot classic Sterns have been... and the fact that BG is one of the best ones... I'm surprised the price isn't higher. But, I haven't really been watching the market recently.

#24 4 years ago

The battery is still on the mpu. That's all that needs to be said about this listing.

#25 4 years ago

What are you looking for trade?

#26 4 years ago

This has been a very entertaining thread to say the least..

#27 4 years ago

You should at least thank me for keeping it at the top.

#28 4 years ago

I’m sure you had more than five offers to pay full price the first time too. If you get enough interest at $1200, will you re-list at a higher price?
If you are unsure what the market will pay, please try to start a “what is my machine worth” or “price check” thread before you list for sale.[quoted image]

As someone who derives a lot of income from selling things online, I can tell you that using the approach of “what is my machine worth” or “price check” thread before you list for sale is the right thing to do. Also checking previous sales helps.
The info is out there. When people are too lazy to look it up, they deserve to be challenged.

If you simply don't want to check the price, sell it on ebay.

#29 4 years ago

If you are unsure what the market will pay, please try to start a “what is my machine worth” or “price check” thread before you list for sale.[quoted image]

It was much easier to do it my way..

#30 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

As someone who derives a lot of income from selling things online, I can tell you that using the approach of “what is my machine worth” or “price check” thread before you list for sale is the right thing to do. Also checking previous sales helps.
The info is out there. When people are too lazy to look it up, they deserve to be challenged.
If you simply don't want to check the price, sell it on ebay.

Again, it was just easier to do it my way, and the last thing I am is lazy..

#31 4 years ago

Changing the price is probably not something I would do, I guess I would have sold it to the first guy who offered 800 and learned my lesson to do my homework next time...
However, the OP can do what he wants and the level of outrage over this is comical...

#32 4 years ago
Quoted from yonizzell:

It was much easier to do it my way..

Quoted from yonizzell:

Again, it was just easier to do it my way, and the last thing I am is lazy..

It is not easier to do it your way. It wastes others' time...which you obviously don't care about.

You have just definitively proved that you ARE lazy.

I will make sure to never buy anything from you.

#33 4 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

Changing the price is probably not something I would do, I guess I would have sold it to the first guy who offered 800 and learned my lesson to do my homework next time...
However, the OP can do what he wants and the level of outrage over this is comical...

You, however, are a stand up guy who values your word. He is not.

#34 4 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

Agree 100%. Kinda poor form in my opinion but it’s his game and honestly who cares.

#35 4 years ago
Quoted from jdoz2:

Kinda poor form in my opinion but it’s his game and honestly who cares.

As it turns out more than a few people

#36 4 years ago

It's your game and you can do whatever you choose ... It's just a matter of if you want to be known as a credible seller or not.

You obviously don't care though just from your responses back, so its neither here nor there LOL

What I can say is that this forum can be for you, or against you and its your choice how you want to "flip" the situation!

#37 4 years ago
Quoted from pinupgirl1975:

It's your game and you can do whatever you choose ... It's just a matter of if you want to be known as a credible seller or not.
You obviously don't care though just from your responses back, so its neither here nor there LOL
What I can say is that this forum can be for you, or against you and its your choice how you want to "flip" the situation!

Yea, it’s no biggie to me. I believe everyone’s entitled to their opinions, but to be honest, I don’t think you’ll hear anything negative about me from anyone I’ve done business with. Maybe I could’ve “tested” the market for the game in a better way.. oh well, you live and you learn

#38 4 years ago

Pretty sure I was the first person to respond and after some correspondence you said it sold within 2 minutes. Why lie?

#39 4 years ago
Quoted from yonizzell:

Yea, it’s no biggie to me. I believe everyone’s entitled to their opinions, but to be honest, I don’t think you’ll hear anything negative about me from anyone I’ve done business with. Maybe I could’ve “tested” the market for the game in a better way.. oh well, you live and you learn

yonizzell For sure... As long as your willing to take the heat from others opinions..You do you! You'll be alright LOL

Good luck selling your game.

#40 4 years ago
Quoted from pinupgirl1975:

yonizzell For sure... As long as your willing to take the heat from others opinions..You do you! You'll be alright LOL
Good luck selling your game.

Don't listen to her. She isn't even real! She is invisible! Lolololololol!!!

I'm sorry...i just couldn't help it!

#41 4 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Pretty sure I was the first person to respond and after some correspondence you said it sold within 2 minutes. Why lie?

As Allen Iverson would say...... man, it’s just practice!!!
Answer is MO MONEY.

#42 4 years ago

Why get people's hopes up?
That irks me.
It's like
"Hey 'ya 'wanna go out for
ice cream!?!"
"Nope, were 'gonna stay home and have a bolony sandwich."

#43 4 years ago

Nothing wrong with correcting a price if there was no deal set in stone. I’ve done it before. I’d rather have this then the CL silent auction so many people try to pull. The game was a steal for $800. And not a bad price at $1200.

#44 4 years ago
Quoted from rollitover:

Why get people's hopes up?
That irks me.
It's like
"Hey 'ya 'wanna go out for
ice cream!?!"
"Nope, were 'gonna stay home and have a bolony sandwich."

deli meats and shasta and I am IN!

#45 4 years ago

I should have up charged my xenon you owe me $$$$

Quoted from arcademojo:

Nothing wrong with correcting a price if there was no deal set in stone. I’ve done it before. I’d rather have this then the CL silent auction so many people try to pull. The game was a steal for $800. And not a bad price at $1200.

#46 4 years ago

@arcademojo
Just to be clear, are you saying that you have advertised a game with a price..... then after getting multiple full offers to buy, you then pull the ad and re-list for more? Really?

#47 4 years ago

@arcademojo
Just to be clear, are you saying that you have advertised a game with a price..... then after getting multiple full offers to buy, you then pull the ad and re-list for more? Really?

Sorta, if I didn’t respond to any offers and get flooded with PMs and higher offers and realize I priced the game to low. I will correct the price. On the other hand. Couldn’t count how many times I’ve agreed to sell an item and then got flooded with higher offers and turned them down to sell to the person I already agreed to sell to. There is a deference between acceptaning an offer then changing your price and correcting your price before accepting an offer.

#48 4 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Sorta, if I didn’t respond to any offers and get flooded with PMs and higher offers and realize I priced the game to low. I will correct the price. On the other hand. Couldn’t count how many times I’ve agreed to sell an item and then got flooded with higher offers and turned them down to sell to the person I already agreed to sell to. There is a deference between acceptaning an offer then changing your price and correcting your price before accepting an offer.

Exactly. I never accepted anyone’s offer or led them to believe I was going to accept their offer. No foul committed in my opinion, but it’s ok for others to have their own opinions.

#49 4 years ago
Quoted from yonizzell:

And no, I never accepted any one’s offer.

Ok so these two downvotes are NOT people who got offers declined. Just askin...
-mof

#50 4 years ago
Quoted from jkashani:

I should have up charged my xenon you owe me $$$$

I had to put two 10 cent screws in the sound board. You owe me $$$. LOL

There are 66 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-big-game-4?hl=ercvacation and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.