IMG_1535 (resized).JPG
IMG_1532 (resized).JPG
IMG_1531 (resized).JPG
IMG_1530 (resized).JPG
IMG_1526 (resized).JPG
IMG_1527 (resized).JPG
IMG_1525 (resized).JPG
IMG_1524 (resized).JPG

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#1 7 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Game - for sale

For sale: Big Buck Hunter Pro

Added: 2017-04-21 22:00:00 UTC • Re-listed: 2 times (July 16th, 2017) • Ended: August 27th, 2017
Condition: HUO - Documented (Home Used Only)

Price

$ 4,400

Game is HUO in a non-smoking home. One owner. It is in as perfect shape as the day it came out of the box. I prefer not to ship, but can help with local delivery and set up. I can send more pictures if desired. New lower price.

Item photos

IMG_1524 (resized).JPG
IMG_1525 (resized).JPG
IMG_1527 (resized).JPG
IMG_1526 (resized).JPG
IMG_1530 (resized).JPG
IMG_1531 (resized).JPG
IMG_1532 (resized).JPG
IMG_1535 (resized).JPG
IMG_1533 (resized).JPG

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are pindoc1's market stats.

bronze Seller Level

pindoc1 has the Pinside Bronze seller level!

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to pindoc1's stats page

Listing result

The seller marked this ad as "not sold". The item did not sell through Pinside so there's no listing result.

Item location

Wichita, KS, US

Related shop items!

Interested in this game? Also check out these related Pinside Shops items!

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Gov's Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

#2 7 years ago

One of my Favorites!

All time Fun Game!!!!

They dont come up often, and its been a long time since an HUO has been posted, I believe.

One lucky Pinsider to catch this Game!

#3 7 years ago

Anyone know how many are made?

It has to be a rarer stern based on not seeing them often.

#4 7 years ago

Sold my HUO BBH a few months ago to a digital studio. Still miss that pin. Price is good for HUO......someone needs to jump on this!

#5 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Anyone know how many are made?
It has to be a rarer stern based on not seeing them often.

I estimate around 300, similar to CSI, 24. I saw that Keith Johnson estimated 1000, but honestly that sounds pretty high... that was about the size of the original run of Iron Man at 1100. I'm pretty sure there were as many original IM's floating around as there were BBH+CSI+24's combined, and I doubt many would disagree.

#6 7 years ago

Love to have a BBH one day, wish i lived closer.

#7 7 years ago

Great game, very rare to see a HUO of this title come up for sale.

#8 7 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

I estimate around 300, similar to CSI, 24. I saw that Keith Johnson estimated 1000, but honestly that sounds pretty high... that was about the size of the original run of Iron Man at 1100. I'm pretty sure there were as many original IM's floating around as there were BBH+CSI+24's combined, and I doubt many would disagree.

Thanks. That confirms the exact number that someone anonymously PM'd me. They said there are actually a few more CSI, but likely less 24.

I think in my region of the country they are a bit more common because the BBH arcade is more common and hunting things is also more common

#9 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I think in my region of the country they are a bit more common because the BBH arcade is more common and hunting things is also more common

Makes sense... I've only seen 2 BBH's other than mine, one in a Nashville hotel in 2013, similar area popular with hunting themes. The other I saw just last year.

#10 7 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

I don't have any first hand knowledge, but I assume it is more than the 300 number, and I wouldn't think Keith's estimate was too far off. Consider...

When BBH came out, it was basically just operators purchasing the machines. BBH was a known property for operators. Collectors at the time turned their nose to it and said it was terrible and they didn't want it.

The exact same thing happened with IM initially. People were up in arms that it was a stripped down AP and it was terrible with completely random magnets and no one should get them.

I heard someone say that the pair of these two games "saved" Stern due to strong operator sales. IM obviously caught on and appreciated in price enough for them to do a second run of them later to satisfy collector want. BBH, thanks to it's theme, hasn't caught on the same way. Having said that, BBH is also an absolutely amazing machine, and I think that if more collectors give it a chance, it will become a diamond in the rough. The rules are VERY similar to IM, the hunting theme is done funny enough anyone can get a kick out of it, and the layout and Buck are unique toys. I do own one myself, and I don't think I'll be letting it go any time soon.

Having said that, I also know of a number of operators that own them, sometimes multiple copies of them. I was told by an operator that it was the best earning route game they had bought in years. That was a while ago, but I assume a number of them are still out there earning some serious cash, probably more in the Northern parts of the country

Finally, I know there were multiple runs of the machine, as there are slightly different playfields to them. The easiest marker is the shotgun shells - I believe the initial run were red, while the later run (and rarer version) were yellow.

Just to put a number on it, my guess would be there are between 600-800 of them that were made. Again though, I have NO first hand knowledge, and is pure conjecture on my part.

#11 7 years ago

I have mine and I bought it NIB and it's going nowhere anytime soon. Great game!

#12 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Thanks. That confirms the exact number that someone anonymously PM'd me. They said there are actually a few more CSI, but likely less 24.

I'd trust Keith way more than an anonymous PM. BBH on Pinside: 41 in collection; 79 on location.

CSI: 49 and 64

NBA: 10 and 21

I'd say the 1,000 number seems more likely than 300. If you think BBH and CSI are at 300, then Stern's NBA would have had a production run of about 75.

#13 7 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

BBH on Pinside: 41 in collection; 79 on location.

CSI: 49 and 64

NBA: 10 and 21

curious, do you think there are similar CSI and BBH based on the pinside numbers?

I think NBA was just a stinker and nobody liked it so the pinside numbers dont show much other than it is obviously rare (but a case where rare does not mean good )

#14 7 years ago

BBH is one of the best basher games ever " SHOOT AGAIN "

#15 7 years ago

Looks nice, but was someone wearing some big ass jewelry on their start button finger.

#16 7 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

I'd trust Keith way more than an anonymous PM

worth note that the PM is from an industry person that would know. I trust them rather than a rumor online from a previous employee.

#17 7 years ago

FWIW, I've owned a BBH for two years now and love it. It's such a fun, underrated game. One of my "go to" games when I play my collection.

Good luck with the sale, someone is going to be very happy.

#18 7 years ago

Its so good a game, Id own two!!!!

#19 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

curious, do you think there are similar CSI and BBH based on the pinside numbers?
I think NBA was just a stinker and nobody liked it so the pinside numbers dont show much other than it is obviously rare (but a case where rare does not mean good )

Yes. Anecdotally, I've also seen one of each of BBH, CSI and NBA on location. There's an NBA about 2 miles away from me and after looking at the playfield I can see why it wasn't a huge hit.

#20 7 years ago

NBA is just a rehas of sega space jam, correct?

#21 7 years ago

Bought mine NIB, a few years ago, mirror blades and LEDs really make this pin. Always fun to play.

#22 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

NBA is just a rehas of sega space jam, correct?

More or less yes, with some neat tricks. NBA is actually a surprisingly awesome game, and I'm surprised it didn't sell better. Having said that, it's missing the visual hook that a game like BBH has with the Buck that makes a player at a location want to drop a quarter in. To me, the ball getting fired across the playfield to the hoop may actually be a better gimmick, but since you don't know it's going to happen until you're playing, it's missing that.

Additionally, I think that a lot of ops saw it and thought both that by featuring active players on the backglass, it would be out of date as soon as they picked it up, a problem a game like NBAFB also suffers from, and that it clearly looks like a stripped down Space Jam, which wasn't the greatest game to start with.

Having said that, I'll simply say that I can't find it within me to complete games on Space Jam, and I would own an NBA if I had one fall into my lap.

#23 7 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

Finally, I know there were multiple runs of the machine, as there are slightly different playfields to them. The easiest marker is the shotgun shells - I believe the initial run were red, while the later run (and rarer version) were yellow.

I have one of the yellow shell variations, but since the prototype on IPDB also has red inserts, it's always been a mystery the origin of it. I have two theories. If the yellow inserts were from a later run they may have been doing that to use up spare parts, meaning they ran out of the red inserts, or used early sample playfields with yellow inserts. I do know this: there were one or two small runs after mine, but I have yet to find anyone else with yellow shell variation.

#24 7 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

but I have yet to find anyone else with yellow shell variation.

like this one?

IMG_0693 (resized).JPGIMG_0693 (resized).JPG

#25 7 years ago

Such a fun game, the callouts are great, I get a kick out of it everytime I play it. My friend has one and said it won't be leaving anytime soon. I agree with those that say it's a sleeper.

#26 6 years ago
Quoted from Toasterdog:

Looks nice, but was someone wearing some big ass jewelry on their start button finger.

There is no wear around the start button. I will add a better picture of the area tonight.

#27 6 years ago

The appearance around the start and tournament buttons is factory original. Looks like they used some kind of marker or ink pen to cover the edges. There is a small spot under the start button that looks like it was touched up at the factory also. I have had the game since in box and have have done nothing to the cabinet art except protect it. So this has to have come from the factory. To be absolutely honest, the pictures greatly exaggerate the appearance with glare off the black and a tiny bit of unpainted wood at the interface.

IMG_0099 (resized).JPGIMG_0099 (resized).JPG

#28 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

like this one?

That is definitely another!

1 week later
#29 6 years ago

Is it common on Pinside for some one to make an offer and then never respond back after I email back accepting the offer?

#30 6 years ago
Quoted from pindoc1:

Is it common on Pinside for some one to make an offer and then never respond back after I email back accepting the offer?

Yes, lots of impulse offers that quickly fade away. I don't consider anything sold until its paid for on this site.

#31 6 years ago

I can understand second thoughts on an impulse offer but it's just common courtesy to respond back with a simple "Sorry, I changed my mind." email.

#32 6 years ago
Quoted from pindoc1:

I can understand second thoughts on an impulse offer but it's just common courtesy to respond back with a simple "Sorry, I changed my mind." email.

I completely agree. All I can say is welcome to the pinside market place. With that said you will find there are a ton of great people here. Plenty of flakes though.

#33 6 years ago

I was selling only a $500 game and had someone almost every day on the phone say they would take it then not show up that night and never hear from them again. Between that and the scammers it was not a fun experience but I was able to sell it to a really nice guy as his first pin.

Personally I would LOVE to buy your game. Being a huge deer hunter for over 40 years the theme is perfect for me. If you were only 500 miles closer.

#34 6 years ago
Quoted from Newport-Bill:

I was selling only a $500 game and had someone almost every day on the phone say they would take it then not show up that night and never hear from them again. Between that and the scammers it was not a fun experience but I was able to sell it to a really nice guy as his first pin.
Personally I would LOVE to buy your game. Being a huge deer hunter for over 40 years the theme is perfect for me. If you were only 500 miles closer.

PM sent.
Bruce

#35 6 years ago

Want an Eight Ball Deluxe and a 60" smart HDTV?

#36 6 years ago

Great game. Very underrated, many players do not like the theme. Some tough shots love playing it. Ball times are short when set up at steep angle.

Another Stern that will go up in price. GLWS

#37 6 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

Want an Eight Ball Deluxe and a 60" smart HDTV?

Sorry. Not really looking for a trade but thanks.

#38 6 years ago

Lots of flakey people in the world.

#39 6 years ago

There is one on location near me where the buck hasn't registered in over a year. It's playfield is pretty much black and the op gives no f&%=*

Would really like to get some time on one that works.

Glwts!

#40 6 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

There is one on location near me where the buck hasn't registered in over a year. It's playfield is pretty much black and the op gives no f&%=*
Would really like to get some time on one that works.
Glwts!

come on out to madison! You need to get a team together for Mad Rollin Pinball. Registration will be opening very soon.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 24.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Gov's Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-big-buck-hunter-pro-3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.