(Topic ID: 209425)

For sale: Big Bang Bar (South Bay, Los Angeles)

By surfnrg

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 46 posts
  • 31 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by delt31
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

bbb1 (resized).jpg
bbb2 (resized).jpg
bbb-stock (resized).jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#1 6 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Game - for sale

For sale: Big Bang Bar (South Bay, Los Angeles)

Added: 2018-02-08 18:42:20 UTC • Ended: March 13th, 2018
Condition: HUO - Documented (Home Used Only)

Price

$ 16,500 (Firm)

Price is firm

Up for sale is a HUO Big Bang Bar. I'm relisting this because the buyer (trader) became unresponsive. I had several other interested parties, but it has been some time since my original post, so I'm starting new.

Game plays and looks perfect. Collector quality and home use only. I'm the 3rd owner. Never routed, never abused.

I'd rather trade the game. Titles I'm interested in are TAF, MB, TOM. I'm open to trades for Bally/Wms dmd games. No Stern games please. Or 16,500 cash (which is a very fair price).

I'd prefer a local "trader"/buyer

The splash image is stock... sorry, I'm not a good photographer. Interested buyers will get as many photos as they wish. Game is mint.

Item photos

bbb-stock (resized).jpg
bbb2 (resized).jpg
bbb1 (resized).jpg

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are surfnrg's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to surfnrg's stats page

Listing result

The seller marked this ad as "not sold". The item did not sell through Pinside so there's no listing result.

Item location

Hermosa Beach, CA, US

Related shop items!

Interested in this game? Also check out these related Pinside Shops items!

$ 209.00
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

#2 6 years ago

Looks great! How many of these pins were produced?
GLWS

#4 6 years ago

Better sell quick buddy

New ones are coming again
For probably halve that price

Glws

#5 6 years ago

That was a fascinating article! Thank you for sharing.

#6 6 years ago
Quoted from rvdv:

Better sell quick buddy
Glws

Lol. Knew one of these posts were going to hit eventually. Remake is inevitable. Smart money is getting out. Guess im not smart. Oh well.

#7 6 years ago

Rvdv why would you say that in somebody's for sale thread what are you jealous if they do make it again it could be years away years.

#8 6 years ago
Quoted from rvdv:

Better sell quick buddy
Glws

Even if they are it won’t be for years

#9 6 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

Even if they are it won’t be for years

It won't be four more like 2.

Some people will always love the originals over the remake. If the game is remade at least you would not have to worry about parts. GLWS

#10 6 years ago
Quoted from ASOA:

Some people will always love the originals over the remake.

Good luck finding any of the few originals at a reasonable price.

#11 6 years ago
Quoted from ASOA:

Some people will always love the originals over the remake. If the game is remade at least you would not have to worry about parts. GLWS

Really Jonathan? Remakes are absolutely unproven...I blew 2 solenoid driver boards during the first 25 games with my NIB AFMrLE. I wasn't the only one...many folks lost their solenoid boards.

I've been collecting since 2004 and one thing is clear...quality isn't what it use to be. AFMr is a beautiful looking pin, but the jury is definitely out on longevity and overall quality. The notion that new parts don't fail is flawed...

snaroff

#12 6 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Really Jonathan? Remakes are absolutely unproven...I blew 2 solenoid driver boards during the first 25 games with my NIB AFMrLE. I wasn't the only one...many folks lost their solenoid boards.
I've been collecting since 2004 and one thing is clear...quality isn't what it use to be. AFMr is a beautiful looking pin, but the jury is definitely out on longevity and overall quality. The notion that new parts don't fail is flawed...
snaroff

I think he meant it might be easier to find parts for the original. Not that the new version is flawless

#13 6 years ago

Correct new parts for plastics and other things on the playfield. Toys and such.

Not trying to discourage the sale.

Take it easy fellas. GLWTS!!!

There is a thread of some people looking for playfield parts. If the game is remade you could buy those remake toys but still have the original boards and guts to the game. Best of both worlds. I was sincere. GLWTS!

#14 6 years ago
Quoted from jester523:

I think he meant it might be easier to find parts for the original. Not that the new version is flawless

I see...wasn't clear at all. In so many other Pinside threads, the naive/unbridled enthusiasm for remakes is a little unnerving.

snaroff

#15 6 years ago

The originals are made like tanks. Remakes not so much.

#16 6 years ago

So who on pinside actually has one of the originals to compare the remakes to?

I've never seen one in person but have played four different remakes.

Capcom used top quality wood and clear coat on their play fields. The last remake I saw the play field was extremely bowed and sagging.

#17 6 years ago
Quoted from Geddy2112:

Rvdv why would you say that in somebody's for sale thread what are you jealous if they do make it again it could be years away years.

Not jealous , wasn’t sure surfdude knew about the remakes coming
Better cash out before their announced officially

Was just trying to help

#18 6 years ago

No remakes coming. The boards don't exist and too much $$$ to re-create.

#19 6 years ago
Quoted from ASOA:

This one for sale is a remake. Not an original.

#20 6 years ago
Quoted from shlockdoc:

This one for sale is a remake. Not an original.

I was waiting for someone to acknowledge that. I have a remake and this game while I think fairly priced is not an original. An original if by chance one popped up would easily sell for 20++. If (and I doubt it due to boards) it was remade it would be a remake of a remake of an original. Not sure thats ever been done! lol Best of luck with the sale, it truly is an amazing game and the story and time that this was done will forever be remembered long into pinball folklore. Say what you will about Gene, he had a dream and dam if he didn't pull it off!

#21 6 years ago
Quoted from jj44114:

No remakes coming. The boards don't exist and too much $$$ to re-create.

Rick at PPS has repeatedly said it’s on the short list to be remade along with MB, TOM, and CC.

#22 6 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

Rick at PPS has repeatedly said it’s on the short list to be remade along with MB, TOM, and CC.

Well, that's PROOF POSITIVE for me!!!!

#23 6 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Well, that's PROOF POSITIVE for me!!!!

It’s more substantive than declaring “never gonna happen” based on nothing.

People also swore MMr would never happen, and then when it did, they changed their mantra to “ONE AND DONE” ... which also ended up incorrect ...

Best of luck to the seller! Certainly there are plenty of people who prefer an original, or prefer not to wait an unknown amount of time for one.

#24 6 years ago

Most likely BBB remake2 gets made after Circus Maximus proves they can build Kingpin and overcome the Capcom board issue. Assume two years for that and another two years for Rick to develop BBB based on the same solution. So the buyer should be safe for four more years - at least. I'd like to think PPS would invest in upgrading the dots to color and using a larger display screen. Oh and adding to the rules would be a selling feature too. Chances for all that happening are maybe 10%. If you want a BBB this one looks good.

#25 6 years ago

This one would look even better with more pictures! Lot of coin for a long range pic and a number plate. Let’s see it please.

#26 6 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

This one would look even better with more pictures! Lot of coin for a long range pic and a number plate. Let’s see it please.

Stop making sense

#27 6 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I think you need to PM for photos:

Quoted from surfnrg:

The splash image is stock... sorry, I'm not a good photographer. Interested buyers will get as many photos as they wish. Game is mint.

#28 6 years ago
Quoted from rvdv:

Better sell quick buddy
Glws

Not a chance.

John

#29 6 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I was waiting for someone to acknowledge that.

I thought I already had.

#30 6 years ago

I have many offers and I'm in the final details now. I'm debating whether to release the final sale price/trade when its completed. And I'm fine with all the price policing and future predictors. have at it

#31 6 years ago

I take it this was Teekee's at one point. Probably has low plays then

#32 6 years ago
Quoted from surfnrg:

I'm debating whether to release the final sale price/trade when its completed.

We would appreciate it if you would. Would help everyone with the value trend and what not. Congrats on the pending sale, BBB is a super good looking and fun game.

#33 6 years ago
Quoted from surfnrg:

I have many offers and I'm in the final details now. I'm debating whether to release the final sale price/trade when its completed. And I'm fine with all the price policing and future predictors. have at it

I’ve always said, a good deal is one where the buyer and seller are both happy.

#34 6 years ago

If anyone is curious, here are the detailed photos....

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1M_H9ve_y1Zw_Yel0mhZhHV7F_mkmSdkK?usp=sharing

I guess this beats whats on television.

#35 6 years ago

Nice place, pins and cars.

#36 6 years ago
Quoted from surfnrg:

Drama is the best way to draw attention on Pinside

Glad to have helped

#37 6 years ago

This is a different beast than, say, an original AFM or MM. It's not going to take anywhere near the hit that those two did when the remakes arrived (which wasn't even much unless I am missing something), simply because Gene Cunningham only made 191, not 20000 plus (TAF) or even 3450 (AFM)! And forget about the original 14 13, those won't drop one iota!

A great read, thanks for the link. With a back story like that, I'd expect those Gene made to hold their value as well.

(Although as for answering the "number made" question, the article only says "over 180" while ipdb says 191. Is there some controversy there? Not that a 5% discrepancy matters to what I'm saying...)

#38 6 years ago

There were 13 extra parts games made by Gene I believe. I have game XXP12.

#39 6 years ago

The last one was EXPP16, so i think 16 extra part games where made.

#40 6 years ago

Bump

#41 6 years ago

Big Bang Bump

#42 6 years ago

Here is the update. I gave up on doing trades. Unfortunately no one was willing to offer a fair trade IMO. They all wanted top collector quality prices for their games even though the games were not in that condition. I do not require HUO/CQ games but I'd like a fair deal based on condition...

Here were the following offers I turned down:
MB with drac trac wear + TAF with some mansion wear, no dollars added. figured that was worth about 15k on the high side
ToM and MB with trac wear
ToM, WH2O and Jackbot. This sounded really fun, but wasnt local so was gonna cost me about 1k in transport. Also didnt really add up either.

So after all that and spending tons of time going back and forth I went with a cash deal. Full asking price of 16,500. I already purchased a TAF for 5200 delivered to LA from Texas from a facebook ad. I wasn't aware of the seller, so we used PayPal to complete the transaction (sent money for goods, not friends/family) so I can get the PayPal protection.

All in all, I had 3 firm offers for cash at 16.5 with no haggling. All euro, one was very well known. I went with the first guy who PayPal'd me 500 to hold the game.

So, all that said, anyone local want to sell me a MB, ToM, CFTBL, WH2O, Corvette, or Dirty Harry for a fair price

Oh, and although I sold the game on MrPinball, I'll be sending the donation to Pinside as well as soon as the funds clear and the game is out, as they provided me with plenty of entertainment. Be a mensche and donate as well... this sight is invaluable. (is that a word?)

Cheers,
Brian

#43 6 years ago
Quoted from surfnrg:

I went with a cash deal. Full asking price of 16,500.

Congrats on the sale! Cash is king! That's the only way to sell. A big stack of Benjamins.

#44 6 years ago

I would have preferred a trade deal... I wanted games... And now u hafta shop.. At least I already not taf which my wife wanted. Hope it's not a dog...

#45 6 years ago

Congrats man!

#46 6 years ago

Daaaaaaamn. That is a lot of money. This game is still bringing it. OP sounds really nice congrats

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 209.00
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-big-bang-bar-south-bay-los-angeles?hl=jester523 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.