Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

BBB5.jpg
BBB4.jpg
BBB3.jpg
BBB2.JPG
BBB1.jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#1 8 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Game - for sale

BIG BANG BAR - IPB

Added: 2015-07-08 13:18:24 UTC • Ended: July 23rd, 2015

Price

$ 18,000

Big Bang Bar, 2007 IPB:
Selling my IPB BBB # 11 in mint 'all original' condition. I have all the original boxes, the IPB original paperwork correspondence, owner's manual, and original brochures. Everything is in perfect condition. Spent most of if life under custom made light blocking covers, colors are very sharp. Prefer local pick up but will pack & ship carefully. Please contact me for more information and specfic pictures of the game.

Item photos

BBB1.jpg
BBB2.JPG
BBB3.jpg
BBB4.jpg
BBB5.jpg

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are PK3's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to PK3's stats page

Listing result

The seller ended this ad but did not submit a final sales price into our price database.

Item location

Dallas, TX, US

Related shop items!

Interested in this game? Also check out these related Pinside Shops items!

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 209.00
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

#2 8 years ago

Can't hide that cabinet art anywhere in the lineup. Beautiful!

#3 8 years ago

Good price for a rare opportunity ! GLWS.

#4 8 years ago

FWIW: spent some good time on a BBB at Flippers in North Carolina a few summers ago. Super fun playing pin. Ate up a lot of my quarters. Glad I had the opportunity to play it.

#5 8 years ago

wish you were closer to NJ, I want a BBB so bad.

#6 8 years ago
Quoted from slydog43:

For 1.8% of the cost of this machine, you can fly out to see it in person this weekend. Add ~2% more to ship it back to NJ.

#7 8 years ago
Quoted from slydog43:

Shlockdoc has one is fort lee

#8 8 years ago
Quoted from Saveleaningtower:

Shlockdoc has one is fort lee

I believe he sold that...

#9 8 years ago

Two BBB for sale on pinside today. Honestly surprised I haven't seen any posts about this being 'proof' that it is being remade...

#10 8 years ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

Two BBB for sale on pinside today. Honestly surprised I haven't seen any posts about this being 'proof' that it is being remade...

something something, PPS remake, something something Stern assembling, something coin mechs, something teekee complaining..

#11 8 years ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

Honestly surprised I haven't seen any posts about this being 'proof' that it is being remade...

Isn't this a remake?

#12 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Isn't this a remake?

Not really. It was built from a lot of OEM parts.

#13 8 years ago

So it's kind of a remake hybrid?

#14 8 years ago
Quoted from iwantansi:

something something, PPS remake, something something Stern assembling, something coin mechs, something teekee complaining..

BBB will not be remade by PPS.
They already sold off the BBB inventory they had. And I'm glad, some games need to remain rare.

#15 8 years ago
Quoted from waltrr:

some games need to remain rare.

Why? So less people get to own/play them?

#16 8 years ago
Quoted from waltrr:

They already sold off the BBB inventory they had.

Could just mean they are preparing to make more....

#17 8 years ago
Quoted from waltrr:

Actually, it would probably be one of the very few remakes they could still sell for 8k. At least in any real qty. I would have to think that they are at least considering it, that is if they are to still keep remaking classic pins.

#18 8 years ago
Quoted from waltrr:

They already sold off the BBB inventory they had. And I'm glad, some games need to remain rare.

Nothing is off limits that PPS has its hands in.. IIRC they borrowed an original MM to copy it, they'd probably do the same if the time came for BBB-RVELE

#19 8 years ago

BBB-TE (tomahawk edition)

#20 8 years ago

10k by Christmas.

Nothing is safe from remakes.

Not even Ghostbusters.

#21 8 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Nothing is safe from remakes.

I'm pretty sure my 1950 Pinky is safe from being remade. At least until more people get to play it.

#22 8 years ago
Quoted from iwantansi:

Nothing is off limits that PPS has its hands in.. IIRC they borrowed an original MM to copy it, they'd probably do the same if the time came for BBB-RVELE

No need to borrow one. Rick bought one.

#23 8 years ago

I guess we really need to apologize to PK3 for stealing and running wild with his for sale thread.
Sorry about that!!
Good luck on your sale. BBB is an awesome game, I'm sorry I sold mine now.

#24 8 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Not even Ghostbusters.

#25 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Isn't this a remake?

Nope this is a Capcom production BBB built by IPB. BBB was never remade… and never will be.

GLWTS OP!

#26 8 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

and never will be.

I don't see a remake happening either. The numbers don't support it. No way you would get the sales volume at 8K a machine to justify the production costs. You might sell a couple hundred at that price... but 1000? No way

The only reason Gene/IPB was able to produce the game at the volumes he did for the price he asked was he had all original Capcom parts already on hand. Rick will have to fund the production of those parts from scratch, and I don't see enough demand to recoup the investment

GLWS to OP. It's a fun game

#27 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Isn't this a remake?

Only if teekee can't make money off of it.

#28 8 years ago
Quoted from iwantansi:

Something Something Dark Side....!!!.................Joey

#29 8 years ago
Quoted from fuko:

The only reason Gene/IPB was able to produce the game at the volumes he did for the price he asked was he had all original Capcom parts already on hand

No, Gene did *not* have "all original Capcom parts already on hand"; he had about 200 board sets (CPU, driver, display, switch), some amount of generic Capcom parts, and engineering drawings, and he bought a bunch of surplus BBB translates from someone (Mike Pacak?). Everything else, from cabinets to arrow driver boards to playfields to plastics to cabinet artwork was all custom manufactured for IPB to use in BBB.

And it's been said that Gene lost a significant amount of money for each Big Bang that he built.

#30 8 years ago

Hate to be the debbie downer here folks, but let's keep this as a for sale thread, not a "BBB Remake Speculation" one. If you want to speculate on that, start a thread

#31 8 years ago
Quoted from NJGecko:

Hate to be the debbie downer here folks, but let's keep this as a for sale thread

Now that would be a first!

GLWTS OP! Great price... especially for a low number.

#32 8 years ago

Gene spent an additional $3K out of pocket for every IPB BBB produced to make the game. Besides being one of the coolest pins it has a place in pinball history to boot. Anyone that ever has the chance to play or buy one...do it.

#33 8 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

Anyone that ever has the chance to play or buy one...do it.

So we should all buy this one?

#34 8 years ago

Nice game bump

#35 8 years ago

I'd love to have it drool .............still drooling ........(bump)

#36 8 years ago

I love how the hell something like this is local to me right under my nose and never knew about it.....was this the mystery BBB that showed up at TPF year before last at the last minute?

Best part is I have no idea who this is.

#37 8 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

I love how the hell something like this is local to me right under my nose and never knew about it....

Bust out 18k and you can get very familiar with it.

#38 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Bust out 18k and you can get very familiar with it.

I played one in Atlanta...had more than enough games on it to know it's not my thing. Great theme, ridiculously beautiful artwork, but the layout just wasn't for me. No big deal.

#39 8 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

So we should all buy this one?

Yes, you should!

#40 8 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

I love how the hell something like this is local to me right under my nose and never knew about it.....was this the mystery BBB that showed up at TPF year before last at the last minute?
Best part is I have no idea who this is.

As I have always said, the online aspect of the pinball hobby is nowhere near the vast majority of people in the hobby. Lots of folks never go online.

#41 8 years ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

As I have always said, the online aspect of the pinball hobby is nowhere near the vast majority of people in the hobby. Lots of folks never go online.

His account here is older than ours, he's just a lurker... I'm sure he's someone whose name I would probably recognize, I just don't know the name to tie to the username or know him personally. Frankly, I'd love for these "lurkers" to get out in the community more, but frankly with all the BS the last two years here locally, I can't say I can find a fault in choosing not to. To each their own.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 209.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-big-bang-bar-ipb and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.