Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

22F404A7-EBC1-4B75-9E0C-277AE55B466F (resized).jpeg
bbb big  bang bar in box (resized).JPG

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#1 5 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Game - for sale

For sale: Big Bang Bar (Capcom, 1996) IPB

Added: 2016-10-15 22:00:00 UTC • Re-listed: 3 times (December 17th, 2018) • Ended: January 7th, 2024
Condition: NIB - New in box (distributor/business)

0 Pinsiders added this ad to their favorites.

Price

$ 25,000 (OBO)

Open for offers

Item description

This is the Illinois Pinball version, item #151. It is in never opened original box, but the box is not cosmetically perfect. I'm not interested in any kind of trade.

Item photos

bbb big  bang bar in box (resized).JPG

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are FathomPin's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

N/A

Go to FathomPin's stats page

Listing result

The seller marked this ad as "not sold". The item did not sell through Pinside so there's no listing result.

Item location

Dayton, OH, US

#2 5 years ago

Wow! Didn't realize any were left NIB. I'm sure the right buyer is out there.

#3 5 years ago

I’m sure this will sell, but I wonder how the batteries are?

#4 5 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

I’m sure this will sell, but I wonder how the batteries are?

Past ones have been fine for the most part. They don't make batteries like they used to or maybe these don't even use batteries, I can't remember. Going to be pretty hard for someone to take an 8K hit once they open it and potentially a lot more if the remake happens. But I bet there is still someone that prefers this remake over a remake of the remake. Pretty cool to see these still trickling out every year or so.

#5 5 years ago

Two NIB BBB on pinside with in an hour of each other and both are in Ohio. What are the odds

#6 5 years ago

Wow super cool....i thought by the description it was a 1996 original but still awesome to c a nib bbb...

#7 5 years ago
Quoted from jsm172:

Two NIB BBB on pinside with in an hour of each other and both are in Ohio. What are the odds

Crazy, this one is also $5k less so maybe the other guy should have waited for this to sell before posting.

#8 5 years ago

There are not any regular alkaline batteries at all in Capcom games.

#9 5 years ago
Quoted from jsm172:

id say 1 : 1

#10 5 years ago

I guess we all know what Chicago Gaming's next game is!

#11 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

There are not any regular alkaline batteries at all in Capcom games.

Ahhh...I was wondering if the remakes used NVRAM as well.

#12 5 years ago

Wont be selling mine regardless of what CGC does. Wont be the same game! Different boards, flipper mechs, etc etc

#13 5 years ago
Quoted from jake35:

Wont be selling mine regardless of what CGC does. Wont be the same game! Different boards, flipper mechs, etc etc

If you don't care about losing thousands then go for it but this game is going to tank harder than the other two imo bc it's not known for its great game play. Look at mm and AFM both went down no question.

#15 5 years ago

NIB is neat, but its a nib remake with another remake on the horizon? Seems, like a strange time to sell.

#16 5 years ago

Why is everyone so confident this is the next remake?

#17 5 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

Why is everyone so confident this is the next remake?

Straight cash homie

#18 5 years ago

I have a hard time seeing this game maintaining demand in an open ended remake run. So far the remakes are well established top 5 games. This game is mostly interesting because of its scarcity. Take that away and what do you have?

#19 5 years ago

Was this the one with possible water issues on the box?

#20 5 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

I have a hard time seeing this game maintaining demand in an open ended remake run. So far the remakes are well established top 5 games. This game is mostly interesting because of its scarcity. Take that away and what do you have?

I dunno, game is pretty fun from what I've played of it. My guess is if it wasn't so hard to come by it would be more popular.

#21 5 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I dunno, game is pretty fun from what I've played of it. My guess is if it wasn't so hard to come by it would be more popular.

For sure, I've never seen one in person and according to the Pin Map there are only 6 places in the US that have one. Aesthetically I really like the look of BBB so I'd love to try it.

#22 5 years ago

Ive owned one....game is super fun and a top pin as far as looks goes...i'll buy another one day either way

#23 5 years ago

Love this game, great art, music, and game play.....it has it all. Capcom's have the best dot shows of any of them. Wish I would have bought ten of them back in the day but who would have known what we know now?

John

#24 5 years ago
Quoted from atrainn:

For sure, I've never seen one in person and according to the Pin Map there are only 6 places in the US that have one. Aesthetically I really like the look of BBB so I'd love to try it.

Flippers in Outer Banks has one for 50cents a game. They’re not too far from you. You should head out there one day

22F404A7-EBC1-4B75-9E0C-277AE55B466F (resized).jpeg22F404A7-EBC1-4B75-9E0C-277AE55B466F (resized).jpeg
#25 5 years ago

As someone who had one of the remakes for years (and brought it to TPF), I think its a *great* game. Maybe not the deepest out there, but the sounds, the music, the dots, and the art are all top notch. I also think the ball lock sequence is pretty spectacular. Being one of the original remake buyers and seeing the game built by Gene Cunningham (the monthly updates, the drama, the naysayers) was a pretty cool time in pinball. Mine was stolen, and insurance paid out $21K about 5 years ago, and that was about the going rate for a used game then. Prices seem to have dropped some, and the possibility of a remake surely is out there, but I think $25K for a NIB is somewhere in the ballpark for going rate from what I figure.

There surely aren't many of these out there. I'd be tempted if I had the cash, but alas...

Good luck with the sale.
Mike

#26 5 years ago
Quoted from mikeflan:

Mine was stolen

Out of curiosity how does someone steal a pinball machine? I guess the same way you'd steal something else if someone isn't home, but that would still be pretty crazy.

#27 5 years ago
Quoted from atrainn:

Out of curiosity how does someone steal a pinball machine? I guess the same way you'd steal something else if someone isn't home, but that would still be pretty crazy.

It probably happens more then we think. Especially games on locations I'm thinking. Couple of guys walk in like they know what there doing and roll a game out into a truck and off it goes. The kid behind the movie theatre counter probably wouldn't even notice and if he did he wouldn't do or say anything until it was too late.

John

#28 5 years ago
Quoted from atrainn:

I was in the middle of a move and had it locked in the garage to show the house. Low and behold, pinball and some antiques walked off somehow. Made me sick.

#29 5 years ago

25 large for the NIB experience? It’s a nice pin for sure, I’d like to own one, but at some point just have to say we’re talking about a stupid amount of money...

#30 5 years ago
Quoted from jake35:

Yeah it will play way better then the ones that were already made, because those were based off the prototypes

#31 5 years ago
Quoted from JoinTheCirqus:

25 large for the NIB experience? It’s a nice pin for sure, I’d like to own one, but at some point just have to say we’re talking about a stupid amount of money...

That's almost 3 JJP LEs or two JJP CEs. If I had the choice I would take two or three great games over one I couldn't even take out of the box because of the price depreciation that comes with opening it. Some people are made of money though so it's not a concern. I struggle to own one game.

#32 5 years ago

I had 3 originals way back when .. brought one to expo every year I owned them and had 2 kingpins too.

#33 5 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

That's almost 3 JJP LEs or two JJP CEs. If I had the choice I would take two or three great games over one I couldn't even take out of the box because of the price depreciation that comes with opening it. Some people are made of money though so it's not a concern. I struggle to own one game.

There is a reason this has been relisted 3 times.

#34 5 years ago

You should play the one at Grandys about 1/2 hour from the Outer Banks. Its fun and the only one in your State that I know of.

Quoted from atrainn:

#36 5 years ago

This photo looks like the same exact IPB game that has been passed around collectors in its original box since 2007.

There have been at least four owners based on my memory with the original machine delivery. However, speculative days of value are finally starting to run out, as the "unknown thing in the cardboard box" does not have the same value it used to overall with CGC looming with expectation in the background. It might just be time to finally open the damn thing, I mean it is Christmas.

Good luck.

#37 5 years ago

Its a piece of pinball history and great story to tell. A collectors that wants this version (PMI/IPB) will find a way to get it. Chicago Gaming's next game wont be announce for a while and it may not even be BBB. In any event here is one now.

#38 5 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

Its a piece of pinball history and great story to tell. A collectors that wants this version (PMI/IPB) will find a way to get it. Chicago Gaming's next game wont be announce for a while and it may not even be BBB. In any event here is one now.

Agree for history and a collector that wants an original.

However for the flipper, no longer a good investment.

#39 5 years ago
Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

There have been at least four owners based on my memory with the original machine delivery.

Not me. This is my original purchase, #151 because I kind of knew Gene from auctions. I just lost interest in pinball repair, buying and selling during the long BBB waiting period, basically leaving the hobby in the dust. Though I do play the few pins I have that are not in storage mode, and occasionally list this thing.

1 week later
#40 5 years ago
Quoted from FathomPin:

Not me. This is my original purchase, #151 because I kind of knew Gene from auctions. I just lost interest in pinball repair, buying and selling during the long BBB waiting period, basically leaving the hobby in the dust. Though I do play the few pins I have that are not in storage mode, and occasionally list this thing.

Thanks for the correction, I must be thinking of another of the higher number of the final part of the IPB run.
There are plenty of us leaving the hobby in the dust after so many years.
I think it is time for me to pass my own pinball torch, and begin emptying my own storage.
I can't retire on a tropical island with a bunch of pinball machines in tow.

3 weeks later
#41 5 years ago

Big Bang Bump

#42 5 years ago
Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

Thanks for the correction, I must be thinking of another of the higher number of the final part of the IPB run.
There are plenty of us leaving the hobby in the dust after so many years.
I think it is time for me to pass my own pinball torch, and begin emptying my own storage.
I can't retire on a tropical island with a bunch of pinball machines in tow.

Why can't you live closer, I would love to be at THAT sale.

#43 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Past ones have been fine for the most part. They don't make batteries like they used to or maybe these don't even use batteries, I can't remember. Going to be pretty hard for someone to take an 8K hit once they open it and potentially a lot more if the remake happens. But I bet there is still someone that prefers this remake over a remake of the remake. Pretty cool to see these still trickling out every year or so.

How can you say this "They don't make batteries like they used " these, the year this was made are the ones most people have found leaking.

#44 5 years ago

I offered this guy 20k back in the day and he turned me down. He said he had other offers at 20k and the price would have to be north of 25k no matter what. The rub was he was a real jerk about it. Laughed at me like 20k was nothing and acted like I was trying to buy the hope diamond for pennies. Bet he would take 20k now in a heartbeat. Good luck with the sale.

Dougram69

#45 5 years ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

I guess we all know what Chicago Gaming's next game is!

$25,000 ???? Holy Shit With BBB most likely the next remake, color screen ,
Upgraded sound etc, topper etc
I would think these will drop drastically

#46 5 years ago

From a myth 15 years ago to a remake on the cusp. Op has missed the boat. Open it and enjoy it.

#47 5 years ago

He did you a favor

Quoted from dougram69:

I offered this guy 20k back in the day and he turned me down. He said he had other offers at 20k and the price would have to be north of 25k no matter what. The rub was he was a real jerk about it. Laughed at me like 20k was nothing and acted like I was trying to buy the hope diamond for pennies. Bet he would take 20k now in a heartbeat. Good luck with the sale.
Dougram69

#48 5 years ago
Quoted from dougram69:

Dougram69

Attempting to time the peak value of anything is almost impossible and a sure way to lose a lot of money.

Pigs get fat and hogs get slaughtered.

#49 5 years ago

Wise words

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-big-bang-bar-capcom-1996-1?hl=jsm172 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.