Topic Stats

• 122 posts
  • 85 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 months ago by pinfixer
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 9 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Sour Grapes (resized).jpeg
20190821_180108 (resized).jpg
20190608_162954 (resized).jpg
BE52EA59-5FB0-4A86-A832-C5705802D00C (resized).jpeg
6BB60994-44D4-4011-8AF8-39B0CAC12EC7 (resized).jpeg
97825E5B-03B9-4B25-B539-18C3DEADCD91 (resized).jpeg
uh-im-just-gonna-go-find-a-cash-machine (resized).jpg
BBB top (resized).jpg
BBB Front (resized).jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

There are 122 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 7 months ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

How do we really know theres a game in that box

Buy or rent a camera snake...

#102 7 months ago

Bump

1 week later
#103 7 months ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

How do we really know theres a game in that box

I would not expect payment until buyer was satisfied it was in the box. That would be easy with a local sale. If not local, the buyer is encouraged to send over a representative to inspect prior to shipping. Otherwise, I do own an endoscope and could video or stream that

#104 7 months ago

I have $6000 cash which is more then it will be worth when it’s announced as next
Game anyday now .

#105 7 months ago

I’m mean seriously! My dad turned down a original in Chicago when Capcom went busted for $4k , could have bought s remake for $4500 ? Yes this title was hot
But that day has come and gone
Probably had some serious offers but held out ? Now it’s a tough sell
No color, no LEDs , it’s old Hat

GLWTS

#106 7 months ago
Quoted from whitey:

I’m mean seriously! My dad turned down a original in Chicago when Capcom went busted for $4k , could have bought s remake for $4500 ? Yes this title was hot
GLWTS

Kind of shitty to say that stuff on a for sale ad

#107 7 months ago

True that! He’s doing a real disservice to his dad by letting everyone know they passed on an original. Not cool whitey!

#108 7 months ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

The sequels need to get proper names as in movies, I propose:
BBBr2 - the revenge of BBBr or
BBBr2 - the son of BBBr or
BBBr2 - the curse of BBBr

BBBr2 - The Electric BBBoogaloo

#109 7 months ago
Quoted from whitey:

I have $6000 cash which is more then it will be worth when it’s announced as next
Game anyday now .

BE52EA59-5FB0-4A86-A832-C5705802D00C (resized).jpeg
#110 7 months ago
Quoted from whitey:

GLWTS

CGC would be idiots to remake this title....there are many other titles that would sell far better...yea I get its a rare title, but its not a great game. Very unlikely they would sell a few thousand units....

#111 7 months ago

BBB will always be HUGE in the collectors market... a piece of pinball history. There will NEVER be a BBBr... dreaming!

GLWTS OP! Maybe one of the last BBB still NIB.

#112 7 months ago
Quoted from whitey:

Yes this title was hot

Are you predicting the future of your new TBL?

#113 7 months ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

CGC would be idiots to remake this title....there are many other titles that would sell far better...yea I get its a rare title, but its not a great game. Very unlikely they would sell a few thousand units....

I don't think they'd have any problem selling a few thousand of these. I'd take one.

which would sell better, a mythical unobtainium game like this, or something they've already sold 3200 copies of, like ToTAN?

#114 7 months ago
Quoted from pinzrfun:

I don't think they'd have any problem selling a few thousand of these. I'd take one.
which would sell better, a mythical unobtainium game like this, or something they're already sold 3200 copies of, like ToTAN?

I think a new remake of IJ, AF, WW, Totan would sell far greater numbers than BBB....yes its rare, but those other games are far better and have a much greater following....just because a game is rare doesn't mean it will sell....BBBr would be a big risk for CGC, which I doubt their willing to take on

#115 7 months ago

I think that it's a neat pin, I like the theme and it comes with a cool history but the word on the street is that rule-wise it's just an ok pin. Is this accurate?

#116 7 months ago
Quoted from dnaman:

I think that it's a neat pin, I like the theme and it comes with a cool history but the word on the street is that rule-wise it's just an ok pin. Is this accurate?

The rules aren't super deep, but something about it is pretty cool and it's a unique game for sure. I dont intend on selling mine.

20190608_162954 (resized).jpg20190821_180108 (resized).jpg
#117 7 months ago

It takes much more than just being a rare game to be desirable. I have a HOU, Lost In Space with only 600 copies made and I don't see it on the list of possible remakes.

And with its rarity, I'm often surprised by the strong negative opinions that BBB gets from some people who have only played it at a show, friends house or on location. I think psychology comes into play and expectations might not be met from playing such a historic and expensive machine.

I was one of the original NIB owners of the Big Bang Bar remake in 2007 and I kept the game for a decade before selling a year or two ago.
It's not the greatest playing game ever but I would be hard pressed to name any one machine as best ever. I can only name groups of games that I would put into my top 5 or top 10 as the greatest games ever as they are all so wonderful and different. That said, BBB easily makes into my top 20 best machines ever.

IMO, it has the best artwork package ever on the playfield and cabinet but especially the playfield. I am a big Zombie Yeti fan but Stan Fukuoka showed the way with this one and it still holds up today. BBB also has the best sound package and call outs I've ever heard too. The energetic music stays with you when done playing and the fun, campy humorous call outs never gets tiring. Fun DMD animations, fun toys, fun multiball, very changing extra ball drop target, I could go on and on.

I sold mine as a strategic play as I anticipated the remake announcement. I got lucky on that account but I very much miss my BBB, even after a decade of ownership. Otherwise I'd still have it.

One last thought. While my instincts tell me that BBB will be remade.... there is a good possibility they might not be or at least it will be many, many years from now. Until there is an official announcement of actual production, it ain't happening despite what many un-informed Pinsiders will so confidently say. And some people I've talked with and even some in this thread don't believe it will get re-made.

Best wishes to the seller and eventual new owner.

#118 7 months ago
Quoted from pinzrfun:

which would sell better, a mythical unobtainium game like this, or something they've already sold 3200 copies of, like ToTAN?

ToTAN for sure. There's no way BBB sells a few thousand. Maybe 3-400 at best. ToTAN would probably double that. Thinking these will be remade is just a pipe dream like people have with so many other titles. It's like antique's, stick with originality and you'll never go wrong.

John

#119 7 months ago
Quoted from whitey:

GLWTS

Sounds like regret and sour grapes

#120 7 months ago

what does sour grapes sound like?

#122 6 months ago

For those of you who maybe weren't around when IPB hadn't yet built the BBB repro's. There were some pretty passionate conversations on RGP if the thing would be built. This little video clip always makes me break out laughing. Timeless pinball humor when there really wasn't much in the way of video productions. Maybe you will enjoy it too, albeit a bit dated.

http://www.pinrepair.com/movies/2005_tgom_xmas_final2.wmv

Many years later Gene told the story of BBB. Great read, IMHO.

https://www.polygon.com/features/2017/3/21/14937540/history-of-big-bang-bar-pinball

I was lucky enough to have purchased one from Gene. Game #97 I miss it sometimes, then I go to friends places and get my fix until next time. If you happen to have #97 drop me a line and I'll tell you the story of the game.

There are 122 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside