image-B23 (resized).jpg
image-B22 (resized).jpg
BBB_02 (resized).jpg
0E8659A6-1CD4-455C-A04E-A8B075A04E4A (resized).png
6E6B8C4D-DB5A-4922-917A-EEC707623D60 (resized).png
2D93FB6E-0FB1-402E-9F0F-499CF4B0979E (resized).png
706C48C3-37C6-4DAF-948F-8A44C0C43E4B (resized).png
IMG-20221012-WA0005 (resized).jpeg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has expired, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 99 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 1 year ago

EXPIRED

Expired ad

This ad has expired and was removed from the MarketPlace. The owner has been requested to end their ad, so it can be archived.

Game - for sale

For sale: Big Bang Bar

Added: 2022-10-17 20:49:49 UTC
Condition: HUO - Undocumented (Home Used Only)

#2 1 year ago

Explain please . 1 of only 14 brass plated? Is it a original prototype or?

I never recall any game been brass plated from new on bbb

Only first series in gold,green,purple… and black

#4 1 year ago

Maybe what you call gold is brass...
It is one of the first 10 made by illinois pinball
Using mostly original parts from capcom
Regards martin

#5 1 year ago

Gene made some gold/brass/whatever armored models back in the day, they cost a little bit more than the regular ones.

Seller: does your BBB have the special insert in the pops? The brass games have a different color insert to differentiate them from the standards.

#6 1 year ago

Yes it has the other colored inserts
You really know the machine well !

#7 1 year ago
Quoted from Giggi1:

Maybe what you call gold is brass...
It is one of the first 10 made by illinois pinball
Using mostly original parts from capcom
Regards martin

Ahh good, gold makes more sence yes

#8 1 year ago

Yeah, Gene knew people could swap the armor no problem but you can't change the playfield insert. That is the mark of the gold models.

#9 1 year ago

can you post photo of the inserts?

#10 1 year ago
Quoted from metallik:

Yeah, Gene knew people could swap the armor no problem but you can't change the playfield insert. That is the mark of the gold models.

That’s a neat fact. Preventing Promiums way back before Stern!

#11 1 year ago

This BBB has been bought from a friend of mine. He has knew a lot of pinball events and have thousand of plays. It has been 100 % redone with playfield and cabinet... not brand new.

He told me he sold it for 22000 euros in February of 2022.... so 7 minths ago.
Come on...

If you want more details just ask. I have all the history on this pin: sold in Australia and shipped to France to the biggest french dealer and then my friend and now in Germany.

Here is a picture of this pin taken... from a pinball event:

https://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=5244&picno=64277

This pin is IPB with the only difference to have brass plate and the white insert. That’s it.

Oh and GLWTS. It’s pinflation....

If you have doubt, can the seller provide the serial number written on the back of the cabinet, it’s the SN 07 like the one on the picture. (There is no brass plate, we can’t see it on this one, it’s unfortunate)

#12 1 year ago

Are those bottom gold leg rubbers included w the sale?

#13 1 year ago

Love BBB lore, but Just wanna learn about the hooves.

#14 1 year ago
Quoted from Warzard:

This BBB has been bought from a friend of mine. He has knew a lot of pinball events and have thousand of plays. It has been 100 % redone with playfield and cabinet... not brand new.
He told me he sold it for 22000 euros in February of 2022.... so 7 minths ago.
Come on...
If you want more details just ask. I have all the history on this pin: sold in Australia and shipped to France to the biggest french dealer and then my friend and now in Germany.
Here is a picture of this pin taken... from a pinball event:
https://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=5244&picno=64277
This pin is IPB with the only difference to have brass plate and the white insert. That’s it.
Oh and GLWTS. It’s pinflation....

So... if it has a new playfield and cabinet, how it is still one of the original 14? Sounds like the new playfield would be different inserts.

#15 1 year ago
Quoted from jake35:

So... if it has a new playfield and cabinet, how it is still one of the original 14? Sounds like the new playfield would be different inserts.

No. The playfield has been restored by a professional, clearcoat ...it’s the same. The so called « prototype » batch had a playfield with a white insert between the bumpers (instead of yellow). That was the only difference.

In this batch: There have been 2 real gold, and all the other were brass plate but 2, one in purple and one in green.

I think calling this "prototype" or 1 of 14 makes everyone think it's an original.

#17 1 year ago

Guys don't be unreasonable expecting him to post more than 1 pic he only wants 40k for it!

#18 1 year ago

Good morning from germany
I posted only one picture because
There are only a few people who this machine
Could be interesting for.
They know that it is not the pictures but the machine which makes the difference.

Regards martin

#19 1 year ago

playfield has been restored OMG 40K used brass kit, not really original condition

#20 1 year ago

I sent a message asking for a pic of the mfg label but didn't get one yet.

#21 1 year ago
Quoted from Giggi1:

They know that it is not the pictures but the machine which makes the difference.
Regards martin

Those few people would still want photos though?

#23 1 year ago

Not sure why it’s so quiet now but let’s share some more picture for interested buyers. After all this is a 40 k pin. Some of the pictures are a bit old but it’s better than one.
I have the chance to have played this pin a lot myself.
It stays in a showroom for couple of years: main attraction of transcards. This dealer really nicely bring the BBB for people to play it at events too in free play.
WS is planetetranscardsjeux.com
0E8659A6-1CD4-455C-A04E-A8B075A04E4A (resized).png0E8659A6-1CD4-455C-A04E-A8B075A04E4A (resized).png2D93FB6E-0FB1-402E-9F0F-499CF4B0979E (resized).png2D93FB6E-0FB1-402E-9F0F-499CF4B0979E (resized).png6E6B8C4D-DB5A-4922-917A-EEC707623D60 (resized).png6E6B8C4D-DB5A-4922-917A-EEC707623D60 (resized).png706C48C3-37C6-4DAF-948F-8A44C0C43E4B (resized).png706C48C3-37C6-4DAF-948F-8A44C0C43E4B (resized).png

#24 1 year ago

Seeing these pictures because it's been a long time since I've played one made me think why people pay the big money for these. Seeing this with an orange DMD and art that was above the time, but not now; how is it worth this?

Sorry, I don't normally do this in a FS ad. I just understand the BBB price anymore; let alone $40K, which seems absurd.

#25 1 year ago
Quoted from Warzard:

Quoted from Warzard:

I think calling this "prototype" or 1 of 14 makes everyone think it's an original.

For sure, this is a very unique machine with a very unique history!
But after reading the announcement here and in the german forums I also believed it is one of the original Capcom games.
Maybe there is a collector willing to pay the price. For me it would be more realistic if it was a Capcom game.
The last BBB from Gene was sold some weeks ago in Germany for around half the price. Okay ... with an yellow insert and not that wild history.
But even it is a IPB machhine .. it is a proto. If pigs could fly ....

#26 1 year ago
Quoted from TomDK:

For sure, this is a very unique machine with a very unique history!
But after reading the announcement here and in the german forums I also believed it is one of the original Capcom games.
Maybe there is a collector willing to pay the price. For me it would be more realistic if it was a Capcom game.
The last BBB from Gene was sold some weeks ago in Germany for around half the price. Okay ... with an yellow insert and not that wild history.
But even it is a IPB machhine .. it is a proto. If pigs could fly ....

if it was an original prototype out of Capcom's plant, this worth more for sure for a real collector. Now the Capcom original and this remake has more than 90% of their BOM the same so they are almost identical: the remake was even built with a lot of Capcom parts left.

Now this limited serie from IPB with brass plate (which didn't aged well by the way, better to pay to have a green like some I've seen) has only limited the fact to have a different insert. I know in this crazy world people are realdy to pay much more for a CE or LE with a lot of added features, but I think the ad should also expose a bit of history and what they are really buying and explaining what is this so "special" serie about.

Also the 14 BBB limited is not true because IPB planned also to build with brass plate the nb 100, 200 and I know for sure than one of the EXXP has brass plate too because it was the last one even built: so at least there are 17

This pin worth a lot of money for sure but at this price, it's good for people to have a treacability and some history for this not HUO BBB. That's probably one or the really few which is not HUO by the way.

#27 1 year ago
Quoted from Warzard:

That's probably one or the really few which is not HUO by the way.

for sure. Bernard brought it to several shows in France and it was a great pleasure to have played on it. Thanks to him for sharing.

This game is special, a special atmosphere.

#28 1 year ago
Quoted from Warzard:

if it was an original prototype out of Capcom's plant, this worth more for sure for a real collector. Now the Capcom original and this remake has more than 90% of their BOM the same so they are almost identical: the remake was even built with a lot of Capcom parts left.
Now this limited serie from IPB with brass plate (which didn't aged well by the way, better to pay to have a green like some I've seen) has only limited the fact to have a different insert. I know in this crazy world people are realdy to pay much more for a CE or LE with a lot of added features, but I think the ad should also expose a bit of history and what they are really buying and explaining what is this so "special" serie about.
Also the 14 BBB limited is not true because IPB planned also to build with brass plate the nb 100, 200 and I know for sure than one of the EXXP has brass plate too because it was the last one even built: so at least there are 17
This pin worth a lot of money for sure but at this price, it's good for people to have a treacability and some history for this not HUO BBB. That's probably one or the really few which is not HUO by the way.

No the last one is EXPP #16
all EXPP's have a brass plate and others as well
BBB_02 (resized).jpgBBB_02 (resized).jpg

#29 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballM:

No the last one is EXPP #16
all EXPP's have a brass plate and others as well
[quoted image]

I was talking about the side rails and armor.

#30 1 year ago

Wow, sold mine for 17k a few years ago. Pin prices are something crazy. Hopefully, they remake this title someday. I would think it's top on the list of remakes since no licensing required.

#31 1 year ago
Quoted from ChadKeller:

Wow, sold mine for 17k a few years ago. Pin prices are something crazy. Hopefully, they remake this title someday. I would think it's top on the list of remakes since no licensing required.

Oh I'm sure someone owns the license, Williams looked into producing them at one time and even made a prototype.

#32 1 year ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Oh I'm sure someone owns the license, Williams looked into producing them at one time and even made a prototype.

Planetary does, Rick bought everything from Gene (or his estate)

But you have to consider the reality, like Kingpin, the significant challenges to remake this using Williams parts and cutting out all the proprietary Capcom stuff isn’t easy!

#33 1 year ago
Quoted from ChadKeller:

That’s the same argument for Kingpin and King Kong that’s been around for over a decade. I’d love a King Kong!
If you got one and want to sell a your King Kong shoot me a pm.

#34 1 year ago
Quoted from kklank:

That’s the same argument for Kingpin and King Kong that’s been around for over a decade. I’d love a King Kong!

I'd pay a fortune for one. I've been looking for awhile, seems they never surface

#35 1 year ago
Quoted from Giggi1:

Regards martin

I smell BS.. especially lying about listed as "home use only"

#36 1 year ago
Quoted from gprotein:

I smell BS.. especially lying about listed as "home use only"

HUO ?? You’re right.. I didn’t even noticed.
How can you say HUO ha ha ha.
Good laugh

#37 1 year ago
Quoted from kklank:

Quoted from jake35:

I'd pay a fortune for one. I've been looking for awhile, seems they never surface

Thats funny, I was just thinking about this on the way home from work just a few minutes ago. LOL.

John

#38 1 year ago

100k by Christmas?

#39 1 year ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

Thats funny, I was just thinking about this on the way home from work just a few minutes ago. LOL.
John

That they never surface? Yes for sure. I imagine you've had yours for a long time

#40 1 year ago

40k game

Asked for one pic

No pic.

#41 1 year ago
Quoted from Dan1733:

40k game
Asked for one pic
No pic.

Run the other way

#42 1 year ago
Quoted from jake35:

That they never surface? Yes for sure. I imagine you've had yours for a long time

True they don't surface, I've had mine for 15 years to the day today. But what I was more pondering on the way home was if I were to sell what would it take? And I honostly don't know, it's not something I'm looking to sell..., it was just one of those mindless random thoughts on the way home from a dull day at work......LOL.

John

#43 1 year ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

True they don't surface, I've had mine for 15 years to the day today. But what I was more pondering on the way home was if I were to sell what would it take? And I honostly don't know, it's not something I'm looking to sell..., it was just one of those mindless random thoughts on the way home from a dull day at work......LOL.
John

Got your inbox hammered yet?

#44 1 year ago

I got my fill when it was at Silverball Museum.
It’s a neat art package, but that was about it for me.

#45 1 year ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Planetary does, Rick bought everything from Gene (or his estate)
But you have to consider the reality, like Kingpin, the significant challenges to remake this using Williams parts and cutting out all the proprietary Capcom stuff isn’t easy!

Planetary cannot license BBB (as it was) for manufacture. Some things are not transferable in a bankruptcy...some IP transfers get clawed back…there were some legal considerations in Gene doing what he did as well but it was a different era.

#46 1 year ago

Another thing that compounds reproducing this game is the fact that many of the engineering drawings were sold to us collectors as curiosity pieces. James from Pinball Inc. had most of them.

I don't necessarily agree with the assertion that this game does not look modern. Can be updated with LEDs and a color display plus Herg's amazing LED OCD. After that it looks just as modern as today's pins.

#47 1 year ago
Quoted from mtn-:

Got your inbox hammered yet?

A few as usual and some interesting offers but I guess it's bolted to the floor for now still.

John

#48 1 year ago

Wait…I haven’t sent my offer yet. Ha.

#49 1 year ago
Quoted from DK:

Are those bottom gold leg rubbers included w the sale?

You think toppers are expensive these days You don't even want to know the cost of risers

#50 1 year ago

From 4 years ago.

Quoted from PPS:

PPS also happens to be one if not the largest remake game distributor. What I can tell you is that in the list of likely remakes are CC, MB, TOM, BBB ... that list may change as other games become more interesting to add in based on desirability, etc. We also have the source code for these games, so any deficiencies in the original code could be addressed with a couple of different approaches.

Tiger, could you explain further please. First I've heard of that. Thanks

Quoted from TigerLaw:

Planetary cannot license BBB (as it was) for manufacture. Some things are not transferable in a bankruptcy...some IP transfers get clawed back…there were some legal considerations in Gene doing what he did as well but it was a different era.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 209.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

There are 99 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has expired, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-big-bang-bar-15 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.