image.jpg
image_1.jpg
image.jpg
rodney.jpg
imagesV7U52B4G.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 143 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 8 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

It's "Thread crapper Friday"!!! Maybe in honor of the Pope's visit I guess?

You seem to be the for sale thread monitor. Maybe Pinside will make you an official for sale thread moderator! Then you can kick anyone out of a for sale thread that you feel is not inline with your or the sellers opinion !

#52 8 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

You seem to be the for sale thread monitor. Maybe Pinside will make you an official for sale thread moderator!

I'll do it for free.

Have you been kicked out of any threads for immature personal insults today?

#53 8 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Have you been kicked out of any threads for immature personal insults today?

Oh that hurts... NOT !

#54 8 years ago

rodney.jpgrodney.jpg

#55 8 years ago

Wow...You all are funny. Sorry I have been away. I run my own cabinet business, and I have been busy as hell.
I don't do pinball machines for a living, I do it because I enjoy it. If you think my time is not worth what I ask for it, ignore it.
I will get better pics up...When I can. And yes I painted the inside orange. Because it looks better and adds interest. And yes I added wpc siderails, because they look better. My machine, my choice.
So maybe I shouldn't call it restoration, so give me a better word.

#56 8 years ago

Maybe these will be better.

image.jpgimage.jpg

image_1.jpgimage_1.jpg

#57 8 years ago

image.jpgimage.jpg

image_1.jpgimage_1.jpg

#58 8 years ago

I looked at the pics of the HEP WW resto (very nice). I don't chrome the pieces under the pf, because I don't see a reason for it. Some people do. Aside from that, this machine will be just as nice. I have no idea what he charges for finished products, but that's his business.

#59 8 years ago

If you tightened the bolts on the legs you may have already ruined your decal job with those Pincab protectors.. FYI.

#60 8 years ago
Quoted from Jjsmooth:

I looked at the pics of the HEP WW resto (very nice). I don't chrome the pieces under the pf, because I don't see a reason for it. Some people do. Aside from that, this machine will be just as nice. I have no idea what he charges for finished products, but that's his business.

Sorry but there is more to it than some chrome here and there.There actually is not any chrome on those games but anyway.
Decal alignment is a good start.
Speaking of which would be the Start button centering.
This is ideal alignment.
http://christopherhutchins.com/gallery/album567/30_G?full=1

I am not out to crush you or anything but it is best just to sell the game on its own merits and leave the comparisons or assumptions out .It only brings negative attention.

#61 8 years ago

But Chris, your decal seems to be about 1 mm off center, so it's not technically "dead center".
Might be the camera angel. OP's pin looks to be a really nice though.

#62 8 years ago

It's a gorgeous restoration. Awesome job op.

#63 8 years ago
Quoted from High_End_Pins:

Sorry but there is more to it than some chrome here and there.There actually is not any chrome on those games but anyway.
Decal alignment is a good start.
Speaking of which would be the Start button centering.
This is ideal alignment.
http://christopherhutchins.com/gallery/album567/30_G?full=1
I am not out to crush you or anything but it is best just to sell the game on its own merits and leave the comparisons or assumptions out .It only brings negative attention.

You are the most oversensitive baby about your freaking work.

#64 8 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

You are the most oversensitive baby about your freaking work.

Kinda agree. Why would someone criticize another's hard work with such a trivial detail? Seems like a low blow.

#65 8 years ago
Quoted from JoeJet:

If you tightened the bolts on the legs you may have already ruined your decal job with those Pincab protectors.. FYI.

Can you explain how this ruins the decal job? I'm a newbie to pincab protectors and the like...

OP, the machine is awesome! Drooling and wish I could afford it!! Hope you get what you are asking for it.

#66 8 years ago

nice looking WW

#67 8 years ago

Good luck with your sell OP. You have a great looking pin!

Quoted from Blackbeard:Kinda agree. Why would someone criticize another's hard work with such a trivial detail? Seems like a low blow.

And he does this crap all the time. Its like he sits on his computer and searches "HEP" and then craps all over anyone else's restore job.

#68 8 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Kinda agree. Why would someone criticize another's hard work with such a trivial detail? Seems like a low blow.

Because the person chose to bring me into it.
I think people should just sell thier games and leave me out of it.If not I see no reason I can't have an opinion or comment.
What is wrong with that?

#69 8 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

Good luck with your sell OP. You have a great looking pin!

And he does this crap all the time. Its like he sits on his computer and searches "HEP" and then craps all over anyone else's restore job.

I think you are the one doing this in regards to HEP.
I know you are hurt but move on
Life is too short and no one cares.

The op has a nice game and I have no problem with it but he should just sell the game say how nice it is and leave it there why the compare?Again it only brings negativity.

#70 8 years ago

Because the person chose to bring me into it.
I think people should just sell there games and leave me out of it.If not I see no reason I can't have an opinion or comment.
What is wrong with that?

Who cares if someone mentioned your name.

#71 8 years ago

I think Chris is generally a very good sport at managing the HEP brand.

Bump for a beaytiful pin!

#72 8 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Obviously I do.I put 14 years into it so I probably have a different perspective on it than you do.
Again I am not out to crush the restore I just don't like my effort being minimized in order for someone to make a sale or point.
That is the way I see it in my position.

#73 8 years ago
Quoted from lancestorm:

Can you explain how this ruins the decal job? I'm a newbie to pincab protectors and the like...
OP, the machine is awesome! Drooling and wish I could afford it!! Hope you get what you are asking for it.

A search for Pincab and damage will show a bunch of examples. When doing decals you should use the stern style protectors, metal or plastic.

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=2711

Here is an example of what the pincabs do after a short period of time. Over longer periods they bubble up the decal around the leg, especially if the weight was not on the leg before tightening the bolts down.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/first-cab-decals-which-leg-protector-should-i-use#post-1467435

pincab1.jpgpincab1.jpg

#74 8 years ago
Quoted from Jjsmooth:

LOL!!!! Now you have gone into the realm of fantasy. Yours is certainly not a HEP nor is it up to those standards. Not even close really. Many issues that are clear right away just from the pics. It's nice though, just not HEP nice.

GLWS! - you will have more luck if you leave out the comparisons and just let it stand on it's own.

#75 8 years ago

Don't worry. I don't "crush" that easily. Another poster made reference to your product, so I just wanted to educate myself on what he was talking about.
I appreciate the post on the cab protectors. I don't crank em down for a week or 2 to let decals set and then they will have weight on them.
And ummm, "minimized"? That's a bit sensitive.
Hope the pics were better this time.

#76 8 years ago
Quoted from Jjsmooth:

Don't worry. I don't "crush" that easily. Another poster made reference to your product, so I just wanted to educate myself on what he was talking about.
I appreciate the post on the cab protectors. I don't crank em down for a week or 2 to let decals set and then they will have weight on them.
And ummm, "minimized"? That's a bit sensitive.
Hope the pics were better this time.

No problem and the minimized comment wasn't about you specifically was just in general.This stuff happens all the time so it might look like it is sensitivity more than it really is.It is more tiring.

I asked about the System 11 rails initially only because FH is a game that uses both versions of rails so I was curious if the Whirlwind you had came with the WPCs originally.

Good job.

My actual Whirlwind restores can be seen here if it is any help.
http://christopherhutchins.com/gallery/album531
http://christopherhutchins.com/gallery/album318

#77 8 years ago

Obviously I do.I put 14 years into it so I probably have a different perspective on it than you do.
Again I am not out to crush the restore I just don't like my effort being minimized in order for someone to make a sale or point.

When other people do a "restoration job" it's going to get compared to your work, like it or not, that's the way it goes. It comes with the territory. I don't see anybody "minimizing" what you do.

I'm sure you don't mean it but you are coming across as very petty in another guys FS thread. To call out his decal placement around the start button is a bit ridiculous don't you think?

#78 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

When other people do a "restoration job" it's going to get compared to your work, like it or not, that's the way it goes. It comes with the territory. I don't see anybody "minimizing" what you do. If its
"tiring", have a beer and ignore it.

I'm sure you don't mean it but you are coming across as very petty in another guys FS thread. To call out his decal placement around the start button is a bit ridiculous don't you think?

Great job on the restoration OP.

#79 8 years ago

I love scrolling through images, only to find out I have to back through all 100 if them to get back to original page...

Great looking game, and GLWS

#80 8 years ago

That's a beauty of a ww you have.
I'd say its worth every penny of what you are asking.
If I ever get the extra coin I'm sending mine off to hep for the full Monty.
For now its a good player and fun as can be.

#81 8 years ago

You do great work but get off your high horse.

#82 8 years ago

No one debates Hutchins does great work. But he's absurdly expensive and an ass on these boards. Nice to see a few others call him out on it.

#83 8 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Jesus, that's one of the dumbest most idiotic things that I've ever read here.

Holy shit!

#84 8 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

forget my criticisms. My buddy just found one for me to buy. $6000 sounds like a great price for this one.

nice to see your pissing and moaning was just because you want the game

#85 8 years ago

I don't price police because I don't care, charge whatever you want, people can pay it or not. It's hard to get your money back out of a restore, but no harm in trying.

But just my friendly advice: If you're going to charge $6000 for a game you really need to take some nice pictures. If all you have is an iPhone that's okay, you can take really nice photos with an iPhone. I'm never going to even consider shelling out that kind of cash for a restore without really being able to see the quality of the work. In person is of course best, but photos are a great start.

So I'd work on setting up the game with some decent light, just outside on a driveway works, and shooting from various angles. Nothing fancy required, just some natural light and holding your hand steady will get you most of the way there.

And if you're doing a $6000 restore then definitely get those cabinet protectors off right away. I have them on some games too, but only because people put them on before I got the game and now they've ruined the cabinet and/or decals under them and I have to leave them.

What you want to use is the style that Stern does now, metal or plastic, that are smaller than the leg so they're invisible. And trim the decals around them, that will save wrinkling. Again, if you want to charge $6000 get the right tools and do it right so people get their money's worth.

As for the HEP stuff, if people were to bring up my name in a thread then I'd show up too. And if they're going to use my name in a negative way I'm going to speak my mind. Chris did it gently and appropriately IMHO.

My two cents, good luck.

#86 8 years ago

Aurich you missed your calling. You should have been a novelist.

#87 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Holy shit!

You're right. Ask him why he even bothered responding.
And before your thumbs down things, read the whole thread. Not the first time you've done that.
Why hep comes on here to criticize another's work is beyond me. Be happy someone mentioned your name. Be a little gracious instead of knocking down another's work.

Op your resto looks great. Don't worry about what "hep" has to say. Just do your thing.

#88 8 years ago

No problem and the minimized comment wasn't about you specifically was just in general.This stuff happens all the time so it might look like it is sensitivity more than it really is.It is more tiring.
I asked about the System 11 rails initially only because FH is a game that uses both versions of rails so I was curious if the Whirlwind you had came with the WPCs originally.
Good job.
My actual Whirlwind restores can be seen here if it is any help.
http://christopherhutchins.com/gallery/album531
http://christopherhutchins.com/gallery/album318

And this is bs. You came on here and criticized his start button etc.

Then "wondered" about the rails. It was all an attempt to down play his resto.

Bullshit hep. Bullshit.

#89 8 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

No one debates Hutchins does great work. But he's absurdly expensive and an ass on these boards. Nice to see a few others call him out on it.

A few others calling me out.
Do you mean your fellow haters?
You are free to look through my history and see how often I am an "ass" on here. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/profile/high_end_pins

I also recommend you do the same for yourself in regards to HEP and see if you find a more consistent pattern.
Quit acting like you have an objective opinion you have an axe to grind.

#90 8 years ago

A few others calling me out.
Do you mean your fellow haters?
You are free to look through my history and see how often I am an "ass" on here. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/profile/high_end_pins
I also recommend you do the same for yourself in regards to HEP and see if you find a more consistent pattern.
Quit acting like you have an objective opinion you have an axe to grind.

Quite an ego.

#91 8 years ago

If Donald Trump had a baby with Jersey Jack I bet that kids posting style would be just like... Lol

#92 8 years ago

People need to learn modesty and humbleness. Not just hep but people in general.

#93 8 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

If Donald Trump had a baby with Jersey Jack I bet that kids posting style would be just like... Lol

I actually like that lol!

#94 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Chris did it gently and appropriately IMHO.

Haha. I bet he did......just kidding..

#95 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

As for the HEP stuff, if people were to bring up my name in a thread then I'd show up too. And if they're going to use my name in a negative way I'm going to speak my mind. Chris did it gently and appropriately IMHO.

How was it used in a negative way?

Somebody didn't bow down at the HEP alter? He's the best pinball machine restorer, congrats, gotta stroke the ego.

Give the OP a break, guy is trying to sell his pin and OTHER people are doing the comparisons. Good Lord.

#96 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Holy shit!

You can't be serious with that statement! I've made at least three dozen more idiotic statements than that one, not to mention the rest of Pinside daily BS. Might be over selling that one

#97 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I've made at least three dozen more idiotic statements than that one

At least!

#98 8 years ago

Beautiful vs Beaytiful. Cook up your beef and eat it bump!

#99 8 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

You're right. Ask him why he even bothered responding.
And before your thumbs down things, read the whole thread. Not the first time you've done that.

WTF are you talking about? You have zero reason to think that I didn't read the whole thread, you are just spouting more nonsense.

Quoted from iceman44:

You can't be serious with that statement! I've made at least three dozen more idiotic statements than that one, not to mention the rest of Pinside daily BS. Might be over selling that one

True, you've said some stupid ass shit for sure. Still not sure if any of it was dumber than this one though.

#100 8 years ago

"Your comment was so dumb it might have been said by iceman44".

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 90.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 143 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-beaytiful-resto-whirlwind-fs/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.