DrMario.PNG
mugatuwantde.png
relax (resized).jpg
2018-06-28 12.23.02 (resized).png
2018-06-28_12-05-22 (resized).jpg
7ACA3B9A-59C3-4374-8730-02881E99C800 (resized).jpeg
3AACE8D0-C635-4E2C-8419-9DBC6115A71E (resized).jpeg
alienfootball.PNG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Whysnow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#6 6 years ago
Quoted from wantdataeast:

Probably as close to a HUO condition game as you will ever find. You don't see a Baywatch in this shape... ever. And I am sorry/not sorry but I am asking a premium price on it.

Sorry/not sorry but at your price you are going to get some reality check.

Based on the wear around the flipper buttons, cracked/missing plastics, missing topper, and raised inserts; you have not seen many HUO games and definitely not any HUO Sega games. Nice average condition example and $2500 is more realistic on where to even start your asking.

I own a Baywatch. Good luck with your sale but this is not the gold mine flip you thought you had on your hands. It does raise concern for the ethics of your advertising tactics for future sales. I understand that some try to upsell, but WOW the disparity of what you have advertised and reality on this is starkly different.

#25 6 years ago
Quoted from wantdataeast:

If you see the $3.5k asking price and are confused. Let me explain it. Some collector's ideal machine is a machine with extremely low plays. Okay? Is that simple enough? Also, many people want a machine that is as close to original as possible. Believe it or not, the concept that it is unlikely that anyone has ever hit some of these boards with a soldering iron is very desirable to some collectors

I dont think anyone has an issue with your asking price. It is the stark difference between your asking and the reality of the condition of your machine.
A real HUO low play Baywatch in near immaculate condition can easily sell for 3500 or more to the right type of collector.

However, your game is not a low use HUO game. It has a missing plastic over the drops, pf chips in a few areas with missing art, some slightly raised inserts with edge cracking and at least start of ghosting from clear lifting, and wear around the flipper buttons on the cab. That is all from a 2 min glance at the photos provided and I am sure I would see more in person.

Your game appears to be a nice average condition BW which got lots of play the first 11 years of its life and then only 600 plays the past 12 years.

Games with real low use dont have that much funk under the playfield.

#41 6 years ago
Quoted from mrossman5:

even though baywatch isn’t even in the top hundred.

and that sir is the biggest travesty of this whole situation. Baywatch is seriously a great game and with new code and colorDMD it is a knockout.

#103 6 years ago

ShaaaaaaaZZZaaaaM!

1 month later
#511 5 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

the saddest part is this dude probably paid well under market value for this game and is trying to flip it to make a huge profit, rather than selling it at its actual market value for a decent profit.
The same things he states in the posts about this game he probably used to buy the game cheap off the people who didnt know anything about pinball
Quote: "The guy that owns it didn't even know it had batteries on the board and lacked any knowledge of how to even find the audit menu...much less reset its game count."
im guessing something like this was said to obtain the game:
"well its only been played 600 times in 12 years, not sure how many issues it has. Batteries are old, rubbers need changed, board needs some work, pop bumper base is cracked and needs replaced. ill give ya $400 bucks."
all speculation of course, but seems rather probable

spot on is my guess.

I wonder if this seller realizes that he has likely hurt other sales. He has had other games I have been interested in but steering clear given this particular BW.

#514 5 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

If it's so easy, why not do it if you are going to ask over double of going rate?
I helped my buddy sell his. And it looked and played like it just came out of the box. I had a hard time finding someone to buy it for $1500. Took 3 months. And it did look like it came out of the box.

Neo, that was years ago no buddy. I have owned a baywatch for a long time and you were giving me that same example before I bought mine

This guys is trying to get top dollar for a game in need of work, but your example of $1500 is also off base.

I have told you for years now, find me another nice BW for $1500 and I will buy it instantly and give you a nice finders fee also.

#516 5 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

i just sold my baywatch like 6 months ago for $1500.

Please cal me the next time you have a good deal like that!

I can give you a dibs list for games you have

1 week later
#969 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Looks like it has Stern lollipop rails on it too? Is that a thing?
EDIT: Sorry for asking a legitimate question, with the possible ramification of a real discussion occurring here (You can PM me to keep it back "on-topic" )

aftermarket to cover up flipper button wear

#975 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Right, but didn't know if the modern Stern rails fit older Sega (Stern) without issue?

cant' say 100%, but 99%... yes

#989 5 years ago

how many posts left till 1000?

2 weeks later
#1623 5 years ago

Sad to see this on page 2... gotta prop it back up to page one

#1706 5 years ago
Quoted from AFM95:

Here's how cosmokramer and the OP should ideally settle their copyright issue...

gold! gold I tell ya Jerry!

#2014 5 years ago

the simple beauty that Gorilla comes out of hibernantion for this post is amazing for any old timer!!!

LOFL!

#2035 5 years ago
Quoted from PinLen83:

I really wanted a data East....until I saw this post. I’ll never look at baywatch the same again.
Thanks OP!!!!

Quoted from wayout440:

There a few much better Data East games.

ummm...

Baywatch is made by Sega.

It is also an awesome game (despite this donkey FS ad)

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 22.50
$ 33.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 24.00
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 33.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 259.00
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Whysnow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-baywatch-nearly-imamaculate?tu=Whysnow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.