DrMario.PNG
mugatuwantde.png
relax (resized).jpg
2018-06-28 12.23.02 (resized).png
2018-06-28_12-05-22 (resized).jpg
7ACA3B9A-59C3-4374-8730-02881E99C800 (resized).jpeg
3AACE8D0-C635-4E2C-8419-9DBC6115A71E (resized).jpeg
alienfootball.PNG

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 2,101 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 43.
#1 6 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Game - for sale

For sale: Baywatch - only 600 plays in past 12 years

Added: 2018-04-08 22:00:00 UTC • Re-listed: 1 time (May 21st, 2018) • Ended: October 3rd, 2018
Condition: As is

Price

$ 3,299

(All new lower price!)

This was in the same home non-smoking home for 12 years and in that time it saw only 600 plays (600 plays since 2006). And from the look of it, it saw very little play before that.

This is the lowest play machine Baywatch you are likely to find for a long while.

Playfield is magnificent, same on plastics. All switches work, Translight great, cabinet great, clean inside. Plays will no know issues.

It will need new rubbers, boards serviced (reflowed and new caps) I am happy to service the boards for you if you prefer. One of the blue pop bumper bases does has crack on the bottom under the playfield and needs to be replaced. I have purchased a replacement and will replaced prior to sale.

Like I said, it saw only 600 plays since 2006. It had batteries dated 2006 on board, and audited only 600 games. The guy that owns it didn't even know it had batteries on the board and lacked any knowledge of how to even find the audit menu...much less reset its game count.

Trade consider for nearly any top 40 pinside games. And would consider top 15 pinside games in project or better condition.

Item photos

IMG_7156 (resized).jpg
IMG_7128 (resized).jpg
IMG_7126 (resized).jpg
IMG_7109 2 (resized).jpg
IMG_7129 (resized).jpg
IMG_7135 2 (resized).jpg
IMG_7133 (resized).jpg
IMG_7136 2 (resized).jpg
IMG_7137 2 (resized).jpg
IMG_7138 (resized).jpg
IMG_7139 (resized).jpg
IMG_7140 2 (resized).jpg
IMG_7141 2 (resized).jpg
IMG_7142 (resized).jpg
IMG_7143 2 (resized).jpg
IMG_7144 (resized).jpg
IMG_7145 2 (resized).jpg
IMG_7157 2 (resized).jpg
IMG_7162 (resized).jpg
IMG_7165 (resized).jpg
IMG_7166 (resized).jpg
IMG_7106 2 (resized).jpg
IMG_7102 2 (resized).jpg
IMG_7129 (resized).jpg
IMG_7135 2 (resized).jpg
IMG_7136 2 (resized).jpg
IMG_7092 2 (resized).jpg
IMG_7163 2 (resized).jpg

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are wantdataeast's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to wantdataeast's stats page

Listing result

The seller marked this ad as "not sold". The item did not sell through Pinside so there's no listing result.

Item location

Lexington, KY, US

Related shop items!

Interested in this game? Also check out these related Pinside Shops items!

$ 22.50
$ 24.00
$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 259.00

#2 6 years ago

Lol.... almost perfect but needs
It will need new rubbers, boards serviced (reflowed and new caps), and bulbs service. Has one issue on one coil... and I think I can handle that prior to sale. one of the blue pop bumper bases has has crack on the bottom under the playfield and needs to be replaced. (yes that is correct, other than wipe it down I have done literally nothing to it since picking it up)

#3 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Lol.... almost perfect but needs
It will need new rubbers, boards serviced (reflowed and new caps), and bulbs service. Has one issue on one coil... and I think I can handle that prior to sale. one of the blue pop bumper bases has has crack on the bottom under the playfield and needs to be replaced. (yes that is correct, other than wipe it down I have done literally nothing to it since picking it up)

ditto bigd

#4 6 years ago

Agreed LOL, More then 600 plays too with flipper button wear. Fix all the issues first. 3500 and not even shopped out

#5 6 years ago

This really makes selling pinball more difficult for the rest of us....

#6 6 years ago
Quoted from wantdataeast:

Probably as close to a HUO condition game as you will ever find. You don't see a Baywatch in this shape... ever. And I am sorry/not sorry but I am asking a premium price on it.

Sorry/not sorry but at your price you are going to get some reality check.

Based on the wear around the flipper buttons, cracked/missing plastics, missing topper, and raised inserts; you have not seen many HUO games and definitely not any HUO Sega games. Nice average condition example and $2500 is more realistic on where to even start your asking.

I own a Baywatch. Good luck with your sale but this is not the gold mine flip you thought you had on your hands. It does raise concern for the ethics of your advertising tactics for future sales. I understand that some try to upsell, but WOW the disparity of what you have advertised and reality on this is starkly different.

#7 6 years ago

i agree, im getting ready to list mine. it's nicer than this and it needs nothing. i wouldn't dream of asking mid 3's.

#8 6 years ago

Wow this is a bold ad. Reminding the buyer that he has done literally nothing since picking this up could be the icing though.

#9 6 years ago

If you don’t want machine don’t buy... it’s pretty much that simple. If you want to bitch about my price go ahead. Find another machine like this with 600 plays in 12 years.

Personally when I get a machine like this (or for that matter a vehicle)I enjoy doing some basic maintenance that sort of bonds me to the machine. Any doofus can reflow solder and replace capacitors. We are talking about five hours worth of of maintenance to anybody who knows what they’re doing.

Newsflash most everybody can replace a few bulbs and a set of rubbers.

Nobody’s giving me a price reality check here. I have already had two people contact me already. How many ridiculously priced LE Strerns are posted on this website selling for thousands more than they paid for machines are less than a few years old?

Bring on the hate.. I could care less. I’m here to sell a fantastic pinball machine which has never had its boards hacked.

#10 6 years ago

Wow

#11 6 years ago

Any doofus can reflow solder and replace capacitors. We are talking about five hours worth of of maintenance to anybody who knows what they’re doing. Newsflash most everybody can replace a few bulbs and a set of rubbers.

Then maybe you should do it? Especially before asking 3500!

#12 6 years ago

How many ridiculously priced LE Strerns are posted on this website selling for thousands more than they paid for machines are less than a few years old?

Not many? I don't see any actually. Maybe 4-5 years ago, but the days of buying a Stern LE and flipping it are over. Well.. maybe we'll see a bit of that come back with Iron Maiden LE

#13 6 years ago

If his is 3500, mine would be 5K easy
"nearly immaculate", followed by "needs" is a very very loose usage of both "nearly" and "immaculate" just sayin'

#14 6 years ago

The wear at inserts, the scoop, drops and top of switch where the ramps drop would indicate it has more than 600 plays. I think that it was rom updated before you picked it up, which should of cleared the total plays out. Just FYI, all the wear looks like normal wear on a baywatch. Mine has it and it is a re-import from Germany. But I would agree, the cabinet looks really really nice.

I'm still curious if the stern lollipop rails can be retrofitted to the baywatch/segas

#15 6 years ago

We're gonna need some more popcorn for this one

real_genius_meme_by_devilishsaintny-d7169q5 (resized).jpgreal_genius_meme_by_devilishsaintny-d7169q5 (resized).jpg

#16 6 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

The wear at inserts, the scoop, drops and top of switch where the ramps drop would indicate it has more than 600 plays. I think that it was rom updated before you picked it up, which should of cleared the total plays out. Just FYI, all the wear looks like normal wear on a baywatch. Mine has it and it is a re-import from Germany. But I would agree, the cabinet looks really really nice.
I'm still curious if the stern lollipop rails can be retrofitted to the baywatch/segas

Of course it is more than 600 plays in its life. I said it’s had 600 please since the batteries were installed that date was written on that the battery has seen in the picture. I pulled those old batteries installed new batteries and the game totals and all of the audits were gone.

I took the pictures of the audits before I pull the batteries to show how many games it’s had on it and that 12 year time period.

#17 6 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

If his is 3500, mine would be 5K easy
"nearly immaculate", followed by "needs" is a very very loose usage of both "nearly" and "immaculate" just sayin'

You might want to review with the word immaculate means. That state of condition that’s permanent. You can have a car that isn’t nearly immaculate condition with old oil in the engine or dry rotted tires. those things are easily replaced.

#18 6 years ago

Of course it is more than 600 plays in its life. I said it’s had 600 please since the batteries were installed that date was written on that the battery has seen in the picture. I pulled those old batteries installed new batteries and the game totals and all of the audits were gone.
I took the pictures of the audits before I pull the batteries to show how many games it’s had on it and that 12 year time period.

You'd be better off listing on Facebook. Pinside gets more and more toxic when it comes to selling pins that are priced higher than the PRICE GODS feel they should be. Hit facebook...

#19 6 years ago

Any doofus can reflow solder

Calling your potential customers a doofus won’t get you any money.

#20 6 years ago

It comes down to this. I could care less what anyone else Baywatch pinball machine looks like or how many rubber sharks toys or David Hasselhoff action figures they have on the playfield, or what great topper the back box has, or how much the $100 worth of LED's has increased its value.

If you see the $3.5k asking price and are confused. Let me explain it. Some collector's ideal machine is a machine with extremely low plays. Okay? Is that simple enough? Also, many people want a machine that is as close to original as possible. Believe it or not, the concept that it is unlikely that anyone has ever hit some of these boards with a soldering iron is very desirable to some collectors

MY target audience for this sale is that person. A collector that does want a machine that has been routed and abused... then fixed back up to as close to original condition.

Let me say again, in case I was unclear. 600 plays in 12 years. Look at the pics and if you know what you are looking for you will see original coils and a lack of wear that is very indicative of extremely low plays.

Sell your Baywatch pin for what ever you want. If this machine does not sell... that is cool I am in no rush to sell it. I would be just as happy to trade it.

#21 6 years ago

It comes down to this. I could care less what anyone else Baywatch pinball machine looks like or how many rubber sharks toys or David Hasselhoff action figures they have on the playfield, or what great topper the back box has, or how much the $100 worth of LED's has increased its value.
If you see the $3.5k asking price and are confused. Let me explain it. Some collector's ideal machine is a machine with extremely low plays. Okay? Is that simple enough? Also, many people want a machine that is as close to original as possible. Believe it or not, the concept that it is unlikely that anyone has ever hit some of these boards with a soldering iron is very desirable to some collectors
MY target audience for this sale is that person. A collector that does want a machine that has been routed and abused... then fixed back up to as close to original condition.
Let me say again, in case I was unclear. 600 plays in 12 years. Look at the pics and if you know what you are looking for you will see original coils and a lack of wear that is very indicative of extremely low plays.
Sell your Baywatch pin for what ever you want. If this machine does not sell... that is cool I am in no rush to sell it. I would be just as happy to trade it.

Quoted from teekee:

You'd be better off listing on Facebook. Pinside gets more and more toxic when it comes to selling pins that are priced higher than the PRICE GODS feel they should be. Hit facebook...

And you do have every right to do so!

I would agree with teekee. You should list on some local places, or ebay. Pinside can be a mayhem, however it will get in front of peoples eyes. You could also contact any local arcade retail place and see if they have a list of customers with games they want and make a deal that way. I've been hit up from a retailer and they bought a game and sold it to their customer. Always options!

#22 6 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

You are not totally wrong brother. BUT the thing about pinside is that this is the site where collectors looking for something like a HUO or extremely low played machine also go.

#23 6 years ago

It comes down to this....

It comes down to this actually...

Quoted from Whysnow:

Sorry/not sorry but at your price you are going to get some reality check....

If Hilton is telling you a Baywatch is overpriced, take the goddamn hint.

#24 6 years ago

Ho boy! This is gonna be a good one...

#25 6 years ago

I dont think anyone has an issue with your asking price. It is the stark difference between your asking and the reality of the condition of your machine.
A real HUO low play Baywatch in near immaculate condition can easily sell for 3500 or more to the right type of collector.

However, your game is not a low use HUO game. It has a missing plastic over the drops, pf chips in a few areas with missing art, some slightly raised inserts with edge cracking and at least start of ghosting from clear lifting, and wear around the flipper buttons on the cab. That is all from a 2 min glance at the photos provided and I am sure I would see more in person.

Your game appears to be a nice average condition BW which got lots of play the first 11 years of its life and then only 600 plays the past 12 years.

Games with real low use dont have that much funk under the playfield.

#26 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I dont think anyone has an issue with your asking price. It is the stark difference between your asking and the reality of the condition of your machine.
A real HUO low play Baywatch in near immaculate condition can easily sell for 3500 or more to the right type of collector.
However, your game is not a low use HUO game. It has a missing plastic over the drops, pf chips in a few areas with missing art, some slightly raised inserts with edge cracking and at least start of ghosting from clear lifting, and wear around the flipper buttons on the cab. That is all from a 2 min glance at the photos provided and I am sure I would see more in person.
Your game appears to be a nice average condition BW which got lots of play the first 11 years of its life and then only 600 plays the past 12 years.
Games with real low use dont have that much funk under the playfield.

Agreed

#27 6 years ago

Ok so now this game has been routed and abused in the past. But the fact that is has only supposedly had 600 plays in the last 12 years means any damage or abuse prior to that dooesn't matter and it's worth $3500. Got it.

#28 6 years ago

Double agree, nothing special about this Baywatch. Just average 2000-2300 machine. $3500 LOL

#29 6 years ago

If it was 600 plays since the batteries were changed, how do you know it didn't have 10k prior to that?

#30 6 years ago

Probably as close to a HUO condition game as you will ever find. You don't see a Baywatch in this shape... ever.

#31 6 years ago

You might want to review with the word immaculate means. That state of condition that’s permanent. You can have a car that isn’t nearly immaculate condition with old oil in the engine or dry rotted tires. those things are easily replaced.

Alright man. I guess Merriam-Webster must be wrong (I had to do it.)

im·mac·u·late
iˈmakyələt/Submit
adjective
(especially of a person or their clothes) perfectly clean, neat, or tidy.
"an immaculate white suit"
synonyms: clean, spotless, ultraclean, pristine, unsoiled, unstained, unsullied; More
free from flaws or mistakes; perfect.
"an immaculate safety record"

#32 6 years ago

Bring on the hate.. I could care less.

It comes down to this. I could care less

couldn't

#33 6 years ago

So are the legs included for $3500, or does that only net the cardboard diaper? How on earth is it easier to unload, lay the thing flat on the ground like that, set up and turn on... then presumably pack and pick and lift all over again?

Premium ask on middling condition, and not only could you not be arsed to do the simpleton basic repairs, but can't even put the freakin' legs on?? How does THAT appeal to your "target audience"?

From gross misrepresentation to questionable tactics, listings like this don't do anything to improve KY's laughingstock reputation. I'm suddenly again embarrassed to live as far I do from Lexington.

#34 6 years ago
Quoted from goingincirclez:

So are the legs included for $3500, or does that only net the cardboard diaper?

#35 6 years ago

Good news though! He is willing to take a game from the Pinside top 40, even though baywatch isn’t even in the top hundred.

#36 6 years ago

Nearly Imanotgonnasellthisgame!

Immaculate*

#37 6 years ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

Nearly Imanotgonnasellthisgame!
Immaculate*

#38 6 years ago

Good luck with the sale. That is the most imamaculate game I've seen in awhile. How is this still for sale?

#39 6 years ago

Awww hell....who called the price police?

#40 6 years ago
Quoted from Gunnut40:

Awww hell....who called the price police?

The OP. This isn't price policing, it's a pricing/condition intervention.

#41 6 years ago
Quoted from mrossman5:

even though baywatch isn’t even in the top hundred.

and that sir is the biggest travesty of this whole situation. Baywatch is seriously a great game and with new code and colorDMD it is a knockout.

#42 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

and that sir is the biggest travesty of this whole situation. Baywatch is seriously a great game and with new code and colorDMD it is a knockout.

I do agree with that. It seems like the top hundred has some pot holes.

#43 6 years ago

Honestly, it's not in too bad of shape for an average example.

However, the problem is that you're are trying to get a top dollar premium for it as if it were in absolutely mint 11/10 condition, which it's not, unfortunately.

Priced right, this game will undoubtedly sell.

If it sells in a day or two, you priced it right. If it sells in 10 minutes, you may have priced it too cheap. If it takes a week or more, then it's probably too high, and it might be a good idea to lower the price a bit.

#44 6 years ago

As a Baywatch owner, I say good luck with the sale.

#45 6 years ago

I learn to walk away from ads with misspelled words in the description. The Kentucky thing doesn't help either.

#46 6 years ago

Wow! only 20 hours posted and the banter is amazing.

#47 6 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

i agree, im getting ready to list mine. it's nicer than this and it needs nothing. i wouldn't dream of asking mid 3's.

Nicer than this? That's impossible. You don't see a Baywatch in this shape....ever.

LOL

Love the close-up shot on batteries 5 years' expired and the up-talking about not servicing it for the last 12 years.

#48 6 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

I can only speak for myself here, but it's not the price that rubs me wrong. It's the attitude. Definitely one of the most arrogant, out-of-touch and shiesty adds I've ever read.

#49 6 years ago

You mean it's not imamaculate?

#50 6 years ago

He puts the mama in imamaculate

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 24.00
$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 22.50
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.99
Tools
FlipMods

$ 33.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 259.00
$ 33.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

There are 2,101 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 43.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-baywatch-nearly-imamaculate?hl=phat_jay and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.