DrMario.PNG
mugatuwantde.png
relax (resized).jpg
2018-06-28 12.23.02 (resized).png
2018-06-28_12-05-22 (resized).jpg
7ACA3B9A-59C3-4374-8730-02881E99C800 (resized).jpeg
3AACE8D0-C635-4E2C-8419-9DBC6115A71E (resized).jpeg
alienfootball.PNG

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 2,101 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 43.
#151 6 years ago

Sales price of anything is determined by supply vs demand

For example, Baywatch pinball machines that are:
-when I sell mine i would never ask this much
-if this is worth the OP's asking price then mine is worth $xxxx
-I would never ask this for mine and mine is much better

Those are quite common on this thread some might even say in a surplus supply. And all share one characteristic... they are NOT for sale.

Mine is for sale.

If this is such a common machine in this condition and the pinside price of $2500 is accurate? Where the hell are they? List your F'ing Baywatch machine then. If yours has the same verifiable amount of low plays in 12 years (i.e. most of its life) then list it for $2500 then. If you have one.

If you don't have one then you can imagine / pretend you would sell it for anything you want.
For Sale: Baywatch... unbelievable condition $2000... (Sorry... Sold out!)

#152 6 years ago
Quoted from ypurchn:

Double telescoping Dath Vader?

I have been buying SW figure for so long I turned down Double telescoping Vader and Ben Kenobi once for $200 each, I think that was in 1992 that I passed on them. The next year I bought unpunched SW carded Boba Fett for $40. Case fresh.. Flawless. Resold it about a week later for $175. AFA graded it would have likely pulled an AFA grade of 95 and be worth $6kish now.

#153 6 years ago

I've seen this very nice local one. It does have less use: no button wear, no inlane wear, and is fully working. It's been sitting for over a month now, so even it's on the higher-priced side.

seattle.craigslist.org link

#154 6 years ago
Quoted from HighVoltage:

I've seen this very nice local one. It does have less use: no button wear, no inlane wear, and is fully working. It's been sitting for over a month now, so even it's on the higher-priced side.
seattle.craigslist.org link

Well that Craigslist guy also says you wont find a nicer one, so one of these two guys is lying.

#155 6 years ago
Quoted from gjm:

I believe P.T. Barnum once said " A sucker is born every minute" and that is what it would take for someone to pay that price for that pin.

Although that quote is often attributed to him, there is no evedence that he actually said it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/There%27s_a_sucker_born_every_minute

#156 6 years ago
Quoted from wantdataeast:

If this is such a common machine in this condition and the pinside price of $2500 is accurate? Where the hell are they?

You don't see them because they actually sold. I sold my Taxi for $1700 in about a week's time. If I priced it like some have suggested I'd probably still be waiting. Fairly priced sells in some reasonable time, if your intent is to sell the game. Overpriced, and it will sit. So, why is yours not sold yet?

#157 6 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

I’m pretty sure that it was boba fett. I think it was a 1st run toy with a shooting projectile that got canceled before it was supposed to hit store shelves (kids shooting out their eyes.) although some were saved and stashed away. It’s very rare, unlike this common pin.

Theres a great toy documentary on Netflix called The Toys That Made Us that covers Joes, He-men, Star Wars and even Barbie. They are each about 1 hour and fun/educational.

#158 6 years ago
Quoted from wayout440:

Overpriced, and it will sit. So, why is yours not sold yet?

Well he only has 2 offers to for so he's holding out I guess?

#159 6 years ago

Any doofus can reflow solder and replace capacitors. We are talking about five hours worth of of maintenance to anybody who knows what they’re doing.

If its so easy and only 5 hours why don't you do it yourself before listing for a premium price?

#160 6 years ago
Quoted from Travish:

If its so easy and only 5 hours why don't you do it yourself before listing for a premium price?

Great question OP - you have had plenty of time to tune this incredible beauty up even more from the amazing condition she is already in (love the she reference you use)- since shockingly this has not sold yet. Any updates on pics, description, etc. ya care to share?

#161 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Then update your collection, as it currently shows you have two.

Well bugger me, must have done that while having a drink.
Thanks for being creepy and looking into my collection ya perv!

Good luck to the OP with the sale.
Probably would have sold if it wasn't for all the negative price police

#162 6 years ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

Well bugger me, must have done that while having a drink.
Thanks for being creepy and looking into my collection ya perv!
Good luck to the OP with the sale.
Probably would have sold if it wasn't for all the negative price police

I can’t tell if you’re serious or not.

I mean I have no idea how much a baywatch is worth honestly and I have no intentions on owning one since I am totally a bally/williams snob, but this thread has been entertaining nonetheless lol

#163 6 years ago

I am an Aussie and looooove taking the piss!
In saying that , a lot of truth is said in jest
Life is too short to be serious, don't you think?

#164 6 years ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

I am an Aussie and looooove taking the piss!
In saying that , a lot of truth is said in jest
Life is too short to be serious, don't you think?

It's all good my friend..

#165 6 years ago
Quoted from Frippertron:

I learn to walk away from ads with misspelled words in the description. The Kentucky thing doesn't help either.

I sure wish I's wasn't from Kentucky so as i's could understand all yalls fancy talk..

#166 6 years ago

i for 1 believe these games rarely get played theyre never set up

#167 6 years ago
Quoted from john17a:

i for 1 believe these games rarely get played theyre never set up

Nothing is rare in the world of pinball...Rare,HOU,Non smoking,never played,...just B.S. selling tactics

#168 6 years ago

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/White-Water-Pinball-Machine-Williams-1993-Updated-20-NOV-17/232064865707?hash=item360824d5ab:g:PegAAOSw5cNYlYw0

and if you think its overpriced YOU obviously have no idea what youre looking at

its been for sale for about 12mths now

#169 6 years ago

Pinball Machines are collectibles. Yes they are functional collectibles but still collectibles.
So let the person that has my experience with collectibles step forward and “help” me.
Let me establish my experience. I have sold collectibles to customers in 50 countries. I could not guess how many online sales… 25k-35k,(Sorry, I quit counting a decade ago.)
I made my first profit on a sale when I was 4 years old. I have 30 years under my belt buying and reselling things like this.
I have owned a retail store.. Spent 2000+ hours selling stuff to thousands of customers at collectible shows. I have promoted collectible shows. I have been published on the topic… Hell, Beckett Publications actually wrote an article on me personally; on how I resurrected a major licensed collectible card game. I have manufactured collectibles, even licensed produced collectibles.
I have sold collectible dirt for God sakes…. Literally dirt (from Roswell New Mexico.)
Has anyone here sold an action figure for $27k? And more than they would care to mention at $10k+? Anyone?. Do you think I went to forums like this and “asked” people what I should sell those things for?
I do not ask people what something is worth…No, I tell them. Not so smugly but it is true. I honestly evaluate the item (typically based on its production, popularity and condition). And you compare it to what is available in the marketplace. Successful selling has nothing to do with seeking advice from bitching haters. It is finding the one person that can see exactly what you see in the same item.
People are welcome to imagine they see raised inserts or squirrel shit or whatever on this pinball machine. You’re not going to convince an intelligent buyer to believe nonsense when their eyes tell them something different.
Real world pinball machines that you find out in the wild, do not look like this machine. If you are comparing it the new LE Stern that you just slid out of a box. Yes it has been played (Did I mention how little? 600 times in 12 years…that is about one game a week)
Your opinions are just that, and you ridiculous haters just need to get a life. According to pinside the pricing this machine is $2500. NEWSFLASH a $2500 pinball machine has NO problem selling on CL or eBay in the $3k+ range. Hell, even consider pinside; If this machine was selling for say… $2700. that is $200 over pinside estimated price. Not too bad right?. So now you need to ship it from across the country, so tack on $350 more and you are over $3k.
Anyone here heard of TNT amusement? Todd Tuckey is a pinball demigod. And he would go broke selling his machines at pinside prices. And he has sold a jillion of them.
Moderator… Please do not close this thread. I look forward to posting a picture on this thread of 30+ $100 bills resting on the top of this machine WHEN I sell it.
Any actual collector that is legitimately looking for incredible condition version of this game will want to take it home when they inspect this machine in person.
Finally, if anyone thinks there is someone on this thread is going “teach” me anything about the sale of any type of collectible….Hahahaha…you may as well be giving Babe Ruth batting advice.

Wow. What an absolutely appauling and arrogant post and this is coming from someone who thinks the sensitivity runs high sometimes around here.

Just this post alone I would never do business with this guy. How about taking that special dirt you sold someone and pour it on this completely overpriced Baywatch and call it a day!

#170 6 years ago
Quoted from john17a:

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/White-Water-Pinball-Machine-Williams-1993-Updated-20-NOV-17/232064865707?hash=item360824d5ab:g:PegAAOSw5cNYlYw0
and if you think its overpriced YOU obviously have no idea what youre looking at
its been for sale for about 12mths now

I don't shop on Ebay,And it's EU pricing,Franklin is my best friend

#171 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Wow. What an absolutely appauling and arrogant post and this is coming from someone who thinks the sensitivity runs high sometimes around here.
Just this post alone I would never do business with you. How about you take that special dirt you sold someone and pour it on this completely overpriced Baywatch and call it a day.

He can’t....that special dirt has been sold and is gone!! Lololol

#172 6 years ago

I can’t tell of the OP is real or a troll getting his kicks playing every one, aka Frankfurther from RGP. I think the latter. Hi Frank!

#173 6 years ago
Quoted from Brazy:

I sure wish I's wasn't from Kentucky so as i's could understand all yalls fancy talk..

Forget about them non-Kentucky folk best to just live the good life playing banjo, dating gals at our family reunion or brushing your tooth.

#174 6 years ago
Quoted from wayout440:

You don't see them because they actually sold. I sold my Taxi for $1700 in about a week's time. If I priced it like some have suggested I'd probably still be waiting. Fairly priced sells in some reasonable time, if your intent is to sell the game. Overpriced, and it will sit. So, why is yours not sold yet?

You do not understand supply vs demand if you look an empty marketplace of any product and think a perfect price was responsible for everything selling fast. If you sell your house in 1 day while it is on the market, you likely sold it too low. The concept that you are estimating that $1700 was the perfect price of a Taxi game based on one data from one sale... sorry that is not how value is determined. Maybe it was only worth $1700.. that could have been the perfect price, but perhaps you could have put $2200 on it and sold it for $1900. It is difficult to estimate.

However, if you are the only one in the marketplace with one for sale, you have a greater chance of selling it. Though you will hear the exact same bunch of people on this site bitching about your asking price.

It does not matter, crybabies can (and will) bitch about anything they want to if you are selling your car or whatever and they don't like your asking price. It would be nice if I had the spare time that some of the haters on this thread do. I do not. I might go a week without checking this site and when I do I am looking at my 3 favorite threads. I missed a nice ST Data East playfield for $200ish, because I am not married to this site. People come and go. Those were the people that would have paid $1900 or $2k for your Taxi. I will guarantee several people have looked at your $1700 listing and said "Ah shit... I missed that one".

If you were in a rush to sell your Taxi... selling it low was probably your better option. I am not hurting to sell the Baywatch, I am in no rush.

...And I am still waiting to see all of the Better-than-mine Baywatch Pinball machines at the pinside estimated price of $2500... Where are they???? Time to list them!

#175 6 years ago

If you were in a rush to sell your Taxi... selling it low was probably your better option. I am not hurting to sell the Baywatch, I am in no rush.

No, no rush. My buyer had already expressed a higher offer than what I sold it to him for. I countered that I felt the fair price for its condition was $1700. I gave him a fair deal, which makes him feel good and me feel good. I certainly could have price it a lot higher and waited longer to "maximize" my profit - but that's not how I treat this hobby.

#176 6 years ago

I might go a week without checking this site and when I do I am looking at my 3 favorite threads.

It is one of my favorite as well - thank you for continuing to fuel it OP!

#177 6 years ago

I'm starting a Dirt collection if anyone is interested in joining me. I have Colorado dirt to sell or willing to trade my Dust Bunny collection.

#178 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I'm starting a Dirt collection if anyone is interested in joining me. I have Colorado dirt to sell or willing to trade my Dust Bunny collection.

Is the dirt immaculate or nearly immaculate?

#179 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Have you done anything to the dirt since you got it?

#180 6 years ago
Quoted from toastbot:

Is the dirt immaculate or nearly immaculate?

Imamaculate

#181 6 years ago
Quoted from toastbot:

the dirt immaculate or nearly immaculate

Does this dirt have any acid damage? Photos?

#182 6 years ago

Is the dirt unhacked and original?

#183 6 years ago

Does this Baywatch come with OEM Dirt or is it add on Dirt?

#184 6 years ago

I’m gonna need to see the shooter lane of this dirt. Any ghosting?

#185 6 years ago

59350021-C14B-4460-A41B-FB04F9D912E6 (resized).jpeg59350021-C14B-4460-A41B-FB04F9D912E6 (resized).jpeg

#186 6 years ago

How many plays in this dirt? Is it regular dirt, or "Colorado Special Edition" dirt?

#187 6 years ago
Quoted from goingincirclez:

How many plays in this dirt? Is it regular dirt, or "Colorado Special Edition" dirt?

Not Colorado but close.

IMG_4269 (resized).PNGIMG_4269 (resized).PNG

#188 6 years ago

Daaaamn that dirt is immaculate!

#189 6 years ago
Quoted from Crispin:

Daaaamn that dirt is immaculate!

Has it been in a non smoking home?

#191 6 years ago

Wow, my Dust Bunny collection is already SOLD! I either priced it too cheap or I'm a Guinness World Record salesman!
Either way I'm adding that to my impressive resume.

Take that you crybaby's and haters!

#192 6 years ago

Vote of best thread on pinside this year. (seriously, the need pinside awards for best threads).

#193 6 years ago

sale pending?

#194 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I'm starting a Dirt collection if anyone is interested in joining me.

No thanks...I'll have enough dirt when I'm dead. I'll also have the satisfaction of knowing I did not buy this Baywatch.

#195 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I either priced it too cheap

You priced it too cheap. People that can't afford naval lint buy up Dust Bunnies as an affordable alternative. Thus depleting the market of a valuable resource. Hence a rise in the value of Dust Bunnies.

I hope you do some market research on your dryer lint collection so you don't leave money on the table.

LTG : )

#196 6 years ago

I have some dirt that is HUO. It has never been on a route before. Thinking of putting it up for sale in the marketplace. I do not want to post it on Craigslist. Last time that I did someone wanted me to trade for some sand. Maybe if the polar ice caps melt my dirt will be worth more chits.

If I do sell my dirt I will have more room, so should I buy some dust, or would it be better to go with lint? My current lineup includes goldfish cracker crumbs that my daughter stepped on, some cat fur, and some very small pieces of dried Play Doh. I want to go through my collection, but Vid has not posted a "how to" thread on vacuums yet.

#197 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Just this post alone I would never do business with this guy

Ive always wondered if post disagreements have actually led to queefed deals

#198 6 years ago
Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

Ive always wondered if post disagreements have actually led to queefed deals

Yes it has.

LTG : )

#199 6 years ago

This diomond in the ruff is still not sold eh?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.99
Tools
FlipMods

$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 259.00
$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 33.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 24.00
$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 22.50
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 33.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Boards
PinSound

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 2,101 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 43.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-baywatch-nearly-imamaculate/page/4?hl=hawknole and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.