DrMario.PNG
mugatuwantde.png
relax (resized).jpg
2018-06-28 12.23.02 (resized).png
2018-06-28_12-05-22 (resized).jpg
7ACA3B9A-59C3-4374-8730-02881E99C800 (resized).jpeg
3AACE8D0-C635-4E2C-8419-9DBC6115A71E (resized).jpeg
alienfootball.PNG

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 2,101 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 43.
#101 6 years ago

Seller is out of his mind obviously. Hacked boards are much more rare than non hacked boards in my experience. It's also hilarious that you point out the fact that you have not changed that alkaline batteries that are still on the board in 12 years as a selling point. Kudos on not doing an ounce of maintenance since you've had it. Obviously that is some great added value right there. This is probably worth several hundred below the average price. It takes a lot to get me to call out a ridiculous seller. So I guess you can add that to your list of life accomplishments.

#102 6 years ago

Again, this thread is why you don't add the sale as a forum topic. If someone is looking for buy a game, guess what? They search the Marketplace. The theory that a forum topic keeps the ad bumped up in the forum list is just so the usual crowd can chime in. A person seriously interested will see the ad on its own and either contact the seller or not. That's been my experience. The "thread bumpers" are just out for their own entertainment and you're providing it with lengthy rebuttals.

OP, you're being trolled hard. Take the ad down and re-list without a forum topic option. Unless you enjoy having your time wasted.

#103 6 years ago

ShaaaaaaaZZZaaaaM!

#104 6 years ago

BUMP!

#105 6 years ago
Quoted from wantdataeast:

Pinball Machines are collectibles. Yes they are functional collectibles but still collectibles.
So let the person that has my experience with collectibles step forward and “help” me.
Let me establish my experience. I have sold collectibles to customers in 50 countries. I could not guess how many online sales… 25k-35k,(Sorry, I quit counting a decade ago.)
I made my first profit on a sale when I was 4 years old. I have 30 years under my belt buying and reselling things like this.
I have owned a retail store.. Spent 2000+ hours selling stuff to thousands of customers at collectible shows. I have promoted collectible shows. I have been published on the topic… Hell, Beckett Publications actually wrote an article on me personally; on how I resurrected a major licensed collectible card game. I have manufactured collectibles, even licensed produced collectibles.
I have sold collectible dirt for God sakes…. Literally dirt (from Roswell New Mexico.)
Has anyone here sold an action figure for $27k? And more than they would care to mention at $10k+? Anyone?. Do you think I went to forums like this and “asked” people what I should sell those things for?
I do not ask people what something is worth…No, I tell them. Not so smugly but it is true. I honestly evaluate the item (typically based on its production, popularity and condition). And you compare it to what is available in the marketplace. Successful selling has nothing to do with seeking advice from bitching haters. It is finding the one person that can see exactly what you see in the same item.
People are welcome to imagine they see raised inserts or squirrel shit or whatever on this pinball machine. You’re not going to convince an intelligent buyer to believe nonsense when their eyes tell them something different.
Real world pinball machines that you find out in the wild, do not look like this machine. If you are comparing it the new LE Stern that you just slid out of a box. Yes it has been played (Did I mention how little? 600 times in 12 years…that is about one game a week)
Your opinions are just that, and you ridiculous haters just need to get a life. According to pinside the pricing this machine is $2500. NEWSFLASH a $2500 pinball machine has NO problem selling on CL or eBay in the $3k+ range. Hell, even consider pinside; If this machine was selling for say… $2700. that is $200 over pinside estimated price. Not too bad right?. So now you need to ship it from across the country, so tack on $350 more and you are over $3k.
Anyone here heard of TNT amusement? Todd Tuckey is a pinball demigod. And he would go broke selling his machines at pinside prices. And he has sold a jillion of them.
Moderator… Please do not close this thread. I look forward to posting a picture on this thread of 30+ $100 bills resting on the top of this machine WHEN I sell it.
Any actual collector that is legitimately looking for incredible condition version of this game will want to take it home when they inspect this machine in person.
Finally, if anyone thinks there is someone on this thread is going “teach” me anything about the sale of any type of collectible….Hahahaha…you may as well be giving Babe Ruth batting advice.

But do you drive a Dodge Stratus?

#106 6 years ago

Pinball Machines are collectibles. Yes they are functional collectibles but still collectibles.
So let the person that has my experience with collectibles step forward and “help” me.
Let me establish my experience. I have sold collectibles to customers in 50 countries. I could not guess how many online sales… 25k-35k,(Sorry, I quit counting a decade ago.)
I made my first profit on a sale when I was 4 years old. I have 30 years under my belt buying and reselling things like this.
I have owned a retail store.. Spent 2000+ hours selling stuff to thousands of customers at collectible shows. I have promoted collectible shows. I have been published on the topic… Hell, Beckett Publications actually wrote an article on me personally; on how I resurrected a major licensed collectible card game. I have manufactured collectibles, even licensed produced collectibles.
I have sold collectible dirt for God sakes…. Literally dirt (from Roswell New Mexico.)
Has anyone here sold an action figure for $27k? And more than they would care to mention at $10k+? Anyone?. Do you think I went to forums like this and “asked” people what I should sell those things for?
I do not ask people what something is worth…No, I tell them. Not so smugly but it is true. I honestly evaluate the item (typically based on its production, popularity and condition). And you compare it to what is available in the marketplace. Successful selling has nothing to do with seeking advice from bitching haters. It is finding the one person that can see exactly what you see in the same item.
People are welcome to imagine they see raised inserts or squirrel shit or whatever on this pinball machine. You’re not going to convince an intelligent buyer to believe nonsense when their eyes tell them something different.
Real world pinball machines that you find out in the wild, do not look like this machine. If you are comparing it the new LE Stern that you just slid out of a box. Yes it has been played (Did I mention how little? 600 times in 12 years…that is about one game a week)
Your opinions are just that, and you ridiculous haters just need to get a life. According to pinside the pricing this machine is $2500. NEWSFLASH a $2500 pinball machine has NO problem selling on CL or eBay in the $3k+ range. Hell, even consider pinside; If this machine was selling for say… $2700. that is $200 over pinside estimated price. Not too bad right?. So now you need to ship it from across the country, so tack on $350 more and you are over $3k.
Anyone here heard of TNT amusement? Todd Tuckey is a pinball demigod. And he would go broke selling his machines at pinside prices. And he has sold a jillion of them.
Moderator… Please do not close this thread. I look forward to posting a picture on this thread of 30+ $100 bills resting on the top of this machine WHEN I sell it.
Any actual collector that is legitimately looking for incredible condition version of this game will want to take it home when they inspect this machine in person.
Finally, if anyone thinks there is someone on this thread is going “teach” me anything about the sale of any type of collectible….Hahahaha…you may as well be giving Babe Ruth batting advice.

Oooohhh so that’s why it is so expensive. Smh.

#107 6 years ago

I could not guess how many online sales… 25k-35k,(Sorry, I quit counting a decade ago.)

Well I don't think Ill be adding to that sales total. The price doesn't bother me as it's up to you and a buyer to determine what's fair. The arrogance, on the other hand, is astonishing.

#108 6 years ago

Wow. Just wow. Babe Ruth has spoken. Incredible.

#109 6 years ago

It may have 50k plays on it, but only 5 in the last six months. Might as well be NIB.

#110 6 years ago

Yeah, but did you tell the buyer it was from Mars?
Cuz thats kind of what you are doing here....

#111 6 years ago

All this to justify why your asking price is too high??

Oh my.

#112 6 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Might as well be NIB.

I believe the correct term is now NOB.

#113 6 years ago

"(Did I mention how little? 600 times in 12 years…that is about one game a week)"

So that was since 2006? You do know that the machine was produced in 1995 right? Do you have any idea how many plays that thing could have had before 2006? I mean when you say a machine is in "Imamaculate" condition, I would expect it to be "Like new" at the very least and not require 5+ hours of work as you mentioned.

I have no issue with your asking price. I am of the mindset that you can ask whatever you want for a game. If the price is too high no one will buy it. The issue I have is how misleading this ad is. You have 50 people telling you that and still it has not sunk in that maybe you should change the ad. Keep the price as it is IDGAF but don't mislead anyone into thinking you have a collector quality game. If this game was fully restored with a CC playfield, new mechs, restored cabinet, bullet-proofed boards, maybe even lithium batteries (I mean c'mon man at least get rid of those old alkaline batteries. How lazy are you?)I am sure no one would be saying anything about your price. People are not upset about the price as much as they are about your misleading and dishonest description.

#114 6 years ago

I really wanna know what action figure sold for 27k. Serious question op. I don't blame ya for starting high. You can always go down, can't go back up.

#115 6 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

what action figure sold for 27k.

Yoda with cloth cape, 12 back card?
Or it was a boba fett prototype? I think I recall one of those being super rare

#116 6 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

don't blame ya for starting high. You can always go down, can't go back up.

HA!, you telling me this guy is not the type of guy to get people in a bidding war (on something people actually wanted to buy)? THIS is the craigslist seller that goes back and worth saying , oh this person offered XXX, if you give YXX its yours, etc etc

#117 6 years ago

Yeah, I know. Just tryin to be nice. I like an underdog.

#119 6 years ago

How can this not be sold yet?

#120 6 years ago

We can tell the seller all we want about how what he's doing and saying doesn't make sense but that won't make a difference. It doesn't matter how wrong you can prove someone is if they aren't going to listen and think about it for even just a second. These kinds of people get stuck in their own loop by reiterating the same thing over and over. We already know all the information we need. You don't need to repeat it constantly and it doesn't need your life's history selling things to back it up. I stopped dealing with people like this a long time ago. It's just a waste of time.

#121 6 years ago

It is finding the one person that can see exactly what you see in the same item.

....You’re not going to convince an intelligent buyer to believe nonsense when their eyes tell them something different.

Interesting. So you're looking for a sucker. And I suppose you're not even wrong because by the other end of your own rope, the chorus of intelligent folk here has not convinced you to see your own nonsense, that you just might be wrong, or at the very least way too optimistic.

As someone else pointed out, maybe it's the nicest game you've come across and immaculate by relative comparison. So shoot for the moon if you want. But dude. When the community tells you you're out of line, maybe listen and adjust, or defend if you want, with a dose of humility.

Or maybe you should toss in that non-working $95 Bingo for free? I mean, it's probably had ZERO plays this century(!), so I can't believe it hasn't sold yet either.

Hold out if you want but you're no PT Barnum - he at least earned the right to be arrogant.

#122 6 years ago

The OP sure did take a beating in this thread but I did enjoy reading it. Maybe his price is a little high but I think it looks like a nicer than average baywatch with only minor issues. Baywatch really has soared in price, its the new Congo. I am glad I got mine when I did.

#123 6 years ago
Quoted from Don44:

...I think it looks like a nicer than average baywatch with only minor issues....

Yeah sorry buddy you don't know what you're talking aboot. This is the nicest, closest to HUO baywatch around.

#124 6 years ago

Your ad makes sense now. You are a super dooper top salesman. Unfortunately, collectors on Pinside know something about what you're trying to sell. Best to use your top notch sales tactics elsewhere, we are not your target audience.

MY target audience for this sale is that person. A collector that does want a machine that has been routed and abused... then fixed back up to as close to original condition.

You got that half right.

Edit: Photos are excellent though, so regardless of what you say, a buyer can make up their own mind.

#125 6 years ago

I like the Red Sox chances this year.

#126 6 years ago

why hasn't Waspinator snatched this up? LMAO

#127 6 years ago

Wait....it's all starting to come together now. Roswell...your Avatar....do you actually believe Alien beings have visited our planet? (Rhetorical)

#128 6 years ago

Description vs. Actual

eggert (resized).jpgeggert (resized).jpg

#129 6 years ago

"Moderator… Please do not close this thread. I look forward to posting a picture on this thread of 30+ $100 bills resting on the top of this machine WHEN I sell it."

On this one item I agree with the OP - PLEASE keep this thread going mods. Not because I expect to see 30+ hundys on glass - but the entertainment value alone is priceless and passing some time. The site is a bit slow right now - CGC is waiting to announce next game........JJPPOTC has had no action in a while........... and Stern IM has been launched and had that initial banter (and I went and played at lunch with my boss (ya I got a cool boss)) - LOVE IT!

So there is very little that pings my unread items green these days so I look forward to this thread at least. Man this community has some really witty, smart and funny fkrs on it!!!

#130 6 years ago

I believe P.T. Barnum once said " A sucker is born every minute" and that is what it would take for someone to pay that price for that pin.

#131 6 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

I really wanna know what action figure sold for 27k. Serious question op. I don't blame ya for starting high. You can always go down, can't go back up.

#132 6 years ago

This is what happens when you start drinking Kentucky moonshine at the age of 4.

#133 6 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

I don't blame ya for starting high. You can always go down, can't go back up.

I thought the secret to selling a game is to go higher if it doesn't sell right away. Then a sense of urgency hits the perspective buyers.

Or in other words, there is nothing wrong with getting higher once you are already high.

#134 6 years ago

How has this thread made not made it to Best of Pinside yet?

#135 6 years ago

I'll stay out of price police stuff but regarding the above, TNT isn't really comparable to what you are doing. TNT prices are high but they go through the game and make changes to help bullet proof it, stuff that the average joe either doesn't know about or isn't comfortable doing themselves. Things like taking out the boards and reflowing solder, changing connectors, changing caps, touching up cabinet art, adding fixes that were discovered later in a games life, updating roms, fully convert to led, new rubbers, replacing old batteries with a custom button battery board, rebuilding power supplies, etc.

Things can still go wrong of course but for someone new to buying used pinball machines at least the odds can be stacked more in their favor by spending more for a machine that has at least been gone through compared to buying a machine that priced high but electronically untouched. I bought my first ever arcade machines from TNT back when I was simply not comfortable working on them myself, and they all still work to this day. Compare that to the first machines I bought myself from elsewhere which all have had issues that I've had to deal with myself.

#136 6 years ago

I don't care if you price your item high but what I have problem is your misleading description that would trick a newbie buyer to pay a full premium price for a average machine thinking they are getting a immaculate machine as you say. If this is how you been getting by as your sales tactic, you are not a great salesman, you are just a crook.

#137 6 years ago

Tough crowd...

#138 6 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

You'd be better off listing on Facebook. Pinside gets more and more toxic when it comes to selling pins that are priced higher than the PRICE GODS feel they should be. Hit facebook...

Better yet..HIT THE ROAD JACK!!!

#139 6 years ago

I think a collector would at least expect the flippers to be aligned for the dollars

#140 6 years ago

This dumpster fire hasn't been extinguished yet?

#141 6 years ago
Quoted from MotorCityMatt:

This is what happens when you start drinking Kentucky moonshine at the age of 4.

We drink bourbon sir.

Go Big Blue!

#142 6 years ago

Worth every penny if you ask me. ( which you won,t )
With the new code this game is extremely collectible, addictive, unique, playable and even if it is not 100% try and find one that is half reasonable!
You just gotta stop whinging at the guy who thinks it is worth $$$$$$ to him and others it is probably worth more.

#143 6 years ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

Worth every penny if you ask me. ( which you won,t )
With the new code this game is extremely collectible, addictive, unique, playable and even if it is not 100% try and find one that is half reasonable!
You just gotta stop whinging at the guy who thinks it is worth $$$$$$ to him and others it is probably worth more.

Says the person with 2 Baywatch pins

#144 6 years ago
Quoted from RonSS:

I wish, only one I am afraid!

#145 6 years ago
Quoted from V4Vendetta:

I don't care if you price your item high but what I have problem is your misleading description that would trick a newbie buyer to pay a full premium price for a average machine thinking they are getting a immaculate machine as you say.

Anyone in their right mind can look at the shabby collection of pics and see that it is not immaculate. Unless they don't know the definition of the word and are blind to all the scratches and wear. This ad is obviously a joke.

#146 6 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

I really wanna know what action figure sold for 27k.

Quoted from Atari_Daze:

Or it was a boba fett prototype?

I’m pretty sure that it was boba fett. I think it was a 1st run toy with a shooting projectile that got canceled before it was supposed to hit store shelves (kids shooting out their eyes.) although some were saved and stashed away. It’s very rare, unlike this common pin.

#147 6 years ago
Quoted from RonSS:

Quoted from oldskool1969:

I wish, only one I am afraid!

Then update your collection, as it currently shows you have two.

#148 6 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

I’m pretty sure that it was boba fett. I think it was a 1st run toy with a shooting projectile that got canceled before it was supposed to hit store shelves (kids shooting out their eyes.) although some were saved and stashed away. It’s very rare, unlike this common pin.

The Rocket Firing Boba Fett is what you are referring to. It was not a 1st run, unless you are confusion the term 1st run with accurate term "first shot" It never made it past the prototypes stage.

And it was not the action figure which I sold for $27k. There are an estimate 80 examples of the RFBF. There are about 10 examples of the figure that I sold. Mine was the best condition known to exist at the time.

So actually no, in the prototype action figure world the RFBF is not actually not "very rare" no more than any other prototype, and common compared what I sold. But the RFBF is far more sought after... so the supply meets the demand.

#150 6 years ago

The Rocket Firing Boba Fett is what you are referring to. It was not a 1st run, unless you are confusion the term 1st run with accurate term "first shot" It never made it past the prototypes stage.
And it was not the action figure which I sold for $27k. There are an estimate 80 examples of the RFBF. There are about 10 examples of the figure that I sold. Mine was the best condition known to exist at the time.
So actually no, in the prototype action figure world the RFBF is not actually not "very rare" no more than any other prototype, and common compared what I sold. But the RFBF is far more sought after... so the supply meets the demand.

Double telescoping Dath Vader?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 33.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 259.00
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 24.00
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 22.50
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.99
Tools
FlipMods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 33.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

There are 2,101 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 43.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-baywatch-nearly-imamaculate/page/3?hl=slapnuts77 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.