DrMario.PNG
mugatuwantde.png
relax (resized).jpg
2018-06-28 12.23.02 (resized).png
2018-06-28_12-05-22 (resized).jpg
7ACA3B9A-59C3-4374-8730-02881E99C800 (resized).jpeg
3AACE8D0-C635-4E2C-8419-9DBC6115A71E (resized).jpeg
alienfootball.PNG

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 2,101 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 43.
#51 6 years ago
Quoted from wantdataeast:

I’m here to sell a fantastic pinball machine .

You should plan to be here a long, long time then...

#52 6 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Honestly, it's not in too bad of shape for an average example.
However, the problem is that you're are trying to get a top dollar premium for it as if it were in absolutely mint 11/10 condition, which it's not, unfortunately.
Priced right, this game will undoubtedly sell.
If it sells in a day or two, you priced it right. If it sells in 10 minutes, you may have priced it too cheap. If it takes a week or more, then it's probably too high, and it might be a good idea to lower the price a bit.

Or he might not even care so much if the game sells. None of your business really.

Why do people take prices so personally?

[Ad embed: this ad was deleted]

#53 6 years ago

I honestly thought this was a joke post

#54 6 years ago

the paint on the upper furniture glides also shows it got some touch up on the back. surely was routed at some point.

#55 6 years ago
#56 6 years ago
Quoted from Frippertron:

I learn to walk away from ads with misspelled words in the description. The Kentucky thing doesn't help either.

I learn to walk away from insults from people who misspell "flipper" in their user name.

#57 6 years ago

$10k by Christmas.

#58 6 years ago

I learn to walk away from insults from people who misspell "flipper" in their user name.

Oh jesus... Here comes the prog rock derailment of this fine thread

#59 6 years ago

Can anyone explain why it makes any difference whatsoever how many plays a machine has had in a specific window of time over its life relative to its WHOLE life? Who cares if its got 600 plays in 12 years, it could have 60,000 lifetime plays! I would rather have a game that's had 20,000 lifetime plays than one that's had 2 plays in the last 15 years and 25,000 prior.

The whole basis for this price seems to have no bearing on anything. Price is based on condition primarily. Condition and # of plays don't align and they certainly don't align when we are supposed to be looking through the lens of a particular period of time and not lifetime plays...

Condition on this thing speaks volumes and says yes, its a really nice clean example of Baywatch...a game that should sell around $2250. Not much more and not much less.

#60 6 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

Condition on this thing speaks volumes and says yes, its a really nice clean example of Baywatch......

I don't even think the condition is that good. Straight up players to me

#61 6 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

Can anyone explain why it makes any difference whatsoever how many plays a machine has had in a specific window of time over its life relative to its WHOLE life? Who cares if its got 600 plays in 12 years, it could have 60,000 lifetime plays! I would rather have a game that's had 20,000 lifetime plays than one that's had 2 plays in the last 15 years and 25,000 prior.
The whole basis for this price seems to have no bearing on anything. Price is based on condition primarily. Condition and # of plays don't align and they certainly don't align when we are supposed to be looking through the lens of a particular period of time and not lifetime plays...
Condition on this thing speaks volumes and says yes, its a really nice clean example of Baywatch...a game that should sell around $2250. Not much more and not much less.

I agree. I completely ignore terms like "HUO" or "X number of plays". Those terms might give an indication of the condition, but the condition is all that matters. Having said that, I'm actually not that picky when it comes to condition. If I can stretch my budget by buying a game with a few dings and dents I'd just assume do that. Likewise, while I think the "immaculate" is not accurate, I don't totally blame the OP for the asking price. There aren't many games in the sub-$3000 price range that I'd rather have. I'm running into the same issue with my BSD. It's a game I wouldn't mind rotating out of my collection, but when I started looking there really weren't many games I'd rather have for the same price. Right now, I'm basically trying to add on $1,000 cash and see what trade offers I can get.

#62 6 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

I agree. I completely ignore terms like "HUO" or "X number of plays". Those terms might give an indication of the condition, but the condition is all that matters. Having said that, I'm actually not that picky when it comes to condition. If I can stretch my budget by buying a game with a few dings and dents I'd just assume do that. Likewise, while I think the "immaculate" is not accurate, I don't totally blame the OP for the asking price. There aren't many games in the sub-$3000 price range that I'd rather have. I'm running into the same issue with my BSD. It's a game I wouldn't mind rotating out of my collection, but when I started looking there really weren't many games I'd rather have for the same price. Right now, I'm basically trying to add on $1,000 cash and see what trade offers I can get.

You are right about this being a great value game out there in the sub $3000 market. I'd really love to have a Baywatch but not at that price. I'll offer $2500 right here right now. But for a non-LED example with coil issues, broken pop, missing plastic, etc - I wouldn't go a penny more. No doubt another one or several will show up this year at an appropriate price.

#63 6 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

I think the "immaculate" is not accurate

imamaculate

#64 6 years ago

I regret not buying a Baywatch a few years ago, but it had issue with the DMD and before the colorDMD that could have been a major issue.

Totally didn't notice that. I think I've always read for context.

#65 6 years ago

The price on this has really climbed. I bought one at the end of 2013 for $1450 and sold it for a little more a year later.

#66 6 years ago

In before the inLOCKulate...

#67 6 years ago
Quoted from mrossman5:

Calling your potential customers a doofus won’t get you any money.

Wow the OP is way out of line here. Lots of anger.

#68 6 years ago

OP you forgot to get your posse and fellow Baywatch owners in here to pump this up for you. Here this one is on me.

Great game! I wouldn't let it go for less than $4k!

#69 6 years ago

We are the Knights who say, Nearly Imamaculate!

zzzzni (resized).jpgzzzzni (resized).jpg

#70 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

We are the Knights that say, Nearly Imamaculate!

Can NI be the new acronym for describing games to sell?

Example:
I have a "NI" TF LE going for $8906 firm if anyone's interested!

#71 6 years ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

Can NI be the new acronym for describing games to sell?

No. Going forward it shall be known as a shrubbery.

#72 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

No. Going forward it shall be known as a shrubbery.

One that looks nice.

And not *too* expensive.

#73 6 years ago

I could care less what anyone else Baywatch pinball machine looks like or how many rubber sharks toys or David Hasselhoff action figures they have on the playfield

GLWS!

hoffXP_468x397 (resized).jpghoffXP_468x397 (resized).jpg

#74 6 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

i agree, im getting ready to list mine. it's nicer than this and it needs nothing. i wouldn't dream of asking mid 3's.

Let me know when you want to sell it I’m interested.

#75 6 years ago

Nobody’s giving me a price reality check here. I have already had two people contact me already.

Oh yeah so just an update, what exactly did they contact you aboot? I mean are you still holding out for more monies or did they offer you too much?

#76 6 years ago

I see a lot of the same people that came in a dumped all over my Radical for sale because they didn't agree with the price are also here to continue their journey.
You love to feed, post, and read your thoughts in print.

While I don't agree with his price, I don't have to... and I simply move on. See how easy that is?

#77 6 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

...I don't have to... and I simply move on. See how easy that is?

Well you've been here 7 years so you should no it's never been easy for people not to post. Why you would think it would get better over time is a mystery to me

#78 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

it's never been easy for people not to post.

Exactly! It's threads like these that keep bringing me back no matter how hard I try...

#79 6 years ago

I see a lot of the same people that came in a dumped all over my Radical for sale because they didn't agree with the price are also here to continue their journey.
While I don't agree with his price, I don't have to... and I simply move on. See how easy that is?

Again, it isn’t necessary about the price. MANY people would pay over 3500 for a Baywatch that is ACTUALLY immaculate, not one that needs shopped and parts that need replaced.

#80 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Well you've been here 7 years so you should no it's never been easy for people not to post. Why you would think it would get better over time is a mystery to me

Right, but I've been here 7 years, listed countless games for sale at more than reasonable prices, so it was totally undeserved for people to come in and just firebomb my for sale thread, and of all games, on a very decent Radical?

Not saying you, but just because you're on pinside doesn't give people the right to be a jerk.

#81 6 years ago

Man I hope this thread stays open for a month - I just get laughs and smiles from it when I need a pick me up. I can see someone trying a Price/Condition/Description combo like this on Ebay, Craigslist, etc. On here? Not so much...................but man what entertainment value. Loved the Price is Right listing of +$1 on the LW3 - priceless!!

#82 6 years ago

Right, but I've been here 7 years, listed countless games for sale at more than reasonable prices, so it was totally undeserved for people to come in and just firebomb my for sale thread, and of all games, on a very decent Radical?

That's awesome, if you'd like to open up an apology thread where people can leave flowers for you please do so and I'll swing on by and cheer you on.
What we have HERE though is complete an utter insanity. Price is price, is goes for it or it does not. No logical actual living person can look at the pictures of this game and say:
nearly imamaculate
Probably as close to a HUO condition game as you will ever find
Playfield is magnificent
If you are looking for a near perfect Baywatch. This is it.

I mean people can cause it happens on Pinisde form time to time but it's sooo far out of left field there's going to be a lot said.

#83 6 years ago

Yet you didn’t move on...you read the whole thread and commented!

#84 6 years ago

Not saying you, but just because you're on pinside doesn't give people the right to be a jerk.

Come on - gimme a break. This ad boarders on scam and at the very least is misleading. I think everyone has offered their opinions pretty nicely, constructively and with some humor. Very few ads with comments are not going to get at least one shot across the bow from someone on price, condition, etc. Ya post something like this - prepare for both barrels. And it is deserved.

#85 6 years ago

These are the types of ads that just make me sad. Because I have been a buyer on the other end and trusted a seller at his word, as most of us good people will do. Granted my instance was a craigslist transaction and before I knew what I was doing. To see this type of ad on Pinside is rather shocking.

Some “shady” sellers try to exploit people’s good nature and take advantage knowing darn well they are misrepresenting their sale, like this ad so clearly demonstrates. Then when this tactic fails the seller just gets defensive and rude. Over promising and under delivering.

#86 6 years ago

9ACED0EE-8BD5-4736-BF90-4C2396304F00 (resized).jpeg9ACED0EE-8BD5-4736-BF90-4C2396304F00 (resized).jpeg

#87 6 years ago

It’s sad, the OP , based on his collection, (older pins) , May believe the condition is accurate, when compared to
what he owns. Likely a good guy, needs to rethink his description , and lower the price . It’s a hobby, suppose to
be about fun.

#88 6 years ago

This is the funniest thread going now. But seriously the OP simply oversold this thing. At least the photos were good enough to quickly see that things didn’t add up.

And if you don’t want comments, don’t open it up as a thread topic.

#89 6 years ago

Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:
i agree, im getting ready to list mine. it's nicer than this and it needs nothing. i wouldn't dream of asking mid 3's.

Quoted from Kharris:

Let me know when you want to sell it I’m interested.

Don't hold your breath. Everyone always has a better pin at a cheaper price that the one they are hating on... YET the never want sell it.

If you have a Baywatch with this few plays, non hacked boards at cheaper price... You have a buyer ^ right above here. Time to sell folks!!!! Kharris please keep us update with the amazing machine at a lower price that you pick up. I am sure you are going get just lit up with offers.

#90 6 years ago

If you have a Baywatch with this few plays

How many plays are on it again? From 1995 though.

#91 6 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

How many plays are on it again? From 1995 though.

Well, Mr Owl could only take 3 licks to get to the center of a Tootsie pop. It actually takes 252 licks, or 84 times more.

So, by this math, the imamaculate Baywatch does not have 600 plays but rather has 50,400.

THAT would explain the flipper button wear

#92 6 years ago

If you have a Baywatch with this few plays, non hacked boards at cheaper price...

I REALLY think you give too much credit for "non hacked boards."

#93 6 years ago

Pinball Machines are collectibles. Yes they are functional collectibles but still collectibles.

So let the person that has my experience with collectibles step forward and “help” me.

Let me establish my experience. I have sold collectibles to customers in 50 countries. I could not guess how many online sales… 25k-35k,(Sorry, I quit counting a decade ago.)

I made my first profit on a sale when I was 4 years old. I have 30 years under my belt buying and reselling things like this.

I have owned a retail store.. Spent 2000+ hours selling stuff to thousands of customers at collectible shows. I have promoted collectible shows. I have been published on the topic… Hell, Beckett Publications actually wrote an article on me personally; on how I resurrected a major licensed collectible card game. I have manufactured collectibles, even licensed produced collectibles.

I have sold collectible dirt for God sakes…. Literally dirt (from Roswell New Mexico.)

Has anyone here sold an action figure for $27k? And more than they would care to mention at $10k+? Anyone?. Do you think I went to forums like this and “asked” people what I should sell those things for?

I do not ask people what something is worth…No, I tell them. Not so smugly but it is true. I honestly evaluate the item (typically based on its production, popularity and condition). And you compare it to what is available in the marketplace. Successful selling has nothing to do with seeking advice from bitching haters. It is finding the one person that can see exactly what you see in the same item.

People are welcome to imagine they see raised inserts or squirrel shit or whatever on this pinball machine. You’re not going to convince an intelligent buyer to believe nonsense when their eyes tell them something different.

Real world pinball machines that you find out in the wild, do not look like this machine. If you are comparing it the new LE Stern that you just slid out of a box. Yes it has been played (Did I mention how little? 600 times in 12 years…that is about one game a week)

Your opinions are just that, and you ridiculous haters just need to get a life. According to pinside the pricing this machine is $2500. NEWSFLASH a $2500 pinball machine has NO problem selling on CL or eBay in the $3k+ range. Hell, even consider pinside; If this machine was selling for say… $2700. that is $200 over pinside estimated price. Not too bad right?. So now you need to ship it from across the country, so tack on $350 more and you are over $3k.

Anyone here heard of TNT amusement? Todd Tuckey is a pinball demigod. And he would go broke selling his machines at pinside prices. And he has sold a jillion of them.

Moderator… Please do not close this thread. I look forward to posting a picture on this thread of 30+ $100 bills resting on the top of this machine WHEN I sell it.

Any actual collector that is legitimately looking for incredible condition version of this game will want to take it home when they inspect this machine in person.

Finally, if anyone thinks there is someone on this thread is going “teach” me anything about the sale of any type of collectible….Hahahaha…you may as well be giving Babe Ruth batting advice.

#94 6 years ago

I made my first profit on a sale when I was 4 years old.

Wait, what?...

#95 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I REALLY think you give too much credit for "non hacked boards."

I REALLY think you need examine your obsession with me and or this thread.

Dude, do you realize you have post 10 postings on a 2 page thread? And your bitch here is a strangers price of his product? What is the obsession? I appear to be living rent free in your head. Honestly, perhaps you should relax just a bit.

There is a fine line between disagreeing with someone price on a pinball machine and obsessively attempting to attack them. Don't get me wrong I am amused by the futilely of your comments, but Dude really... 10 posts in 2 pages? Am I Hitler in your world? WTF?

#96 6 years ago

"Successful selling ... is finding the one person that can see exactly what you see in the same item."

True words. Find that Needle in a Haystack.

A followup question: How should I respond if -- the Haystack crowd on the internet thinks what I see in an item is a generally thought to be a wild hallucination?

-mof

#97 6 years ago

Don't get me wrong I am amused by the futilely of your comments, but Dude really... 10 posts in 2 pages? Am I Hitler in your world? WTF?

Ahhhhhhh ok ok I got it. I thought you were like "wantdataeast has crazy crazy prices I'm such a wacky Pinsider hardy har," and we'd all laugh and have a great time have a drink....But you're like, legally insane? Like actually confused by your actions & you think what you're talking aboot is totally normal?

#98 6 years ago

i don’t think anyone here really cares about what you have accomplished in the past. You have a for sale item on a pinball site with a premium price with documentation that it is not up to the price point. Most of us could care less the number of plays, condition is everything. Despite what you think we hope you sell it for your price point, but don’t think you can peddle it here. You are dealing with a community that values condition over amount played. Also we are going to bristle over someone telling us that you will set the price. At this point you should sell it on Craigslist to eBay. You would have a better chance of getting your price

#99 6 years ago

First sale at 4? Pfft, I already had drank a beer by 1, driven a car by 2 and divorced my second wife by 3. Sorry if I'm not impressed.

Also, I really appreciate the new listing technique. When I go to sell my 55,000 mile 65 gto I will make sure the ad says "4200 miles in last 20 years".I'm sure the buyers will just be kicking down my door.

#100 6 years ago

Wish I was closer

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 259.00
$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 24.00
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 33.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 33.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 18.99
Tools
FlipMods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 22.50
There are 2,101 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 43.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-baywatch-nearly-imamaculate/page/2?hl=aussiegeorge and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.