• 75 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by pinmister
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3070_zps68449288 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DreamTR.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#56 7 years ago
Quoted from sheetz_freak1:

Knowing the price of the game I just do not understand how we can possible get on this guy for for flipping or gouging when he would stand to make a whopping 2% if he purchased it at street price. Then we class it up a little more by saying FU to a guy trying to pass along a limited title to the community. Nice.
Thanks mayboyz and GLWS

This is the very problem with "allowing" price policing. It is the number 1 issue and main deterrent for people coming here. It's middle school at its finest here. You can tell from the types of posts allowed, the way people speak to each other; "classless" is definitely the word here. People wonder why I am the way I am in regards to my own machines and why I am very defensive with pinball sales in general. It's essentially like used car sales dealing with selling a machine, but for some reason the "holier than thou" attitude about things here stifles me. A lot of the people talking act like they are "big boys" and do a lot of name dropping in the hobby, etc.

The bottom line is all the distributors are flipping this game too. Nothing different. People flip things all the time, deal with it.

It is just such a turn off to new players/people coming to this site with the attitude(s) from grown men acting like juveniles.

#58 7 years ago
Quoted from Brickshot:

In general I would agree with your attitude toward price policing. However, this particular FS thread is very different from your typical price policing. This isn't some used game that someone is trying to test the waters on value and starting with a premium. This is a game that has not even shipped! I think it's fair to note that 99% of folks already in on the pre-order paid less. This is simply pinball scalping.

If they are all sold out and no one can get one, and the person is making what, $400??? is that really scalping?

#79 7 years ago
Quoted from Brickshot:

Because every business on the planet sells a product limited in number before they have ever even received the product or taken possession?? Great point Einstein.

Every Stern distributor plays by the same rules Lloyd and now makes the same amount of profit for promoting, selling, and most often having a shop where customers can come in and test a game out before purchasing!!
I can't even believe you are defending someone scalping a pinball machine. All I have to do is establish an LLC and suddenly I'm legit to scalp pinball machines? Even if it's legal I can't believe anyone who loves pinball would approve of such practices. It's BS this site should have to allow it.

Again, everyone is making money off someone.

And you don't need to be an LLC, you can be a sole proprietor.

The bottom line is you should be angry with anyone selling ANYTHING not available then anymore over MSRP. That would be the countless Bally/Williams mid 90s games that are mega high priced. This is a capitalist society and honestly, at least he is offering this. Some people don't have to buy it, they can move on, AND he has a best offer. You know I offered AMH cheaper and cheaper and I had clowns say I needed to price it cheaper when it was already the lowest one sold on a forum. People are going to complain about it being too high or too low but the bottom line is people need money. If you paid $4000 for some limited game and needed some money and could get $8000 off of it you would do it, if not you would lie and say you wouldn't but you would do it anyway. Everyone resells. No one takes it with them.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

Lighting - Backbox
PinWoofer

Electronics
Space Coast Pinball

$ 34.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 210.00
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DreamTR.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-batman-66-le?tu=DreamTR and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.