Topic Stats

• 191 posts
  • 75 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by pinmister
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_3070_zps68449288 (resized).jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

There are 191 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.
#101 3 years ago

I think this thread, along with the other Batman 66 threads, just prove that some people have way too much time on their hands.

#102 3 years ago

I am scratching my head on this thread-what is so wrong? OMG someone is making a profit off of pinball. I cant understand some people who think they are the Pinside price crusaders, and are here only to save the weak minded. Pinball and profit is like oil and water around here-why? I see ads from GAP and FUN that literally make me laugh, but do I care? People can sell a pinball for what ever they want. If someone wants to pay a higher price, who flippin cares? The funny analogy is most of us have made money selling or trading a game for more than we paid for it. I know that any profit I have made goes directly back into pinball, it is a sick cycle.

#103 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Pinside price crusaders

Well done sir.....still laughing. I am so stealing that line.

#104 3 years ago

How much is the LE normally $9800?

#105 3 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

How much is the LE normally $9800?

$9599 from my understanding was the lowest possible price shipped. Some distributors were selling them for $9999 shipped.

#106 3 years ago

Buyer backed out. Game is still available

#107 3 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

look forward to meeting you at TFP.

Texas Festival of Pinball?

#108 3 years ago
Quoted from turbo20lbs:

I just can't see how anyone would spend this much on a NIB Stern.

I think you answered your own question.

Quoted from turbo20lbs:

Granted I paid out the ass for my BIBLE, but that thing is a grail to me.

#109 3 years ago

There was someone on here looking for an LE last week, doubting he would find one....not sure if he's seen this.....sort of unbelievable it hasn't sold, as there are distros stating they had wait lists for people that backed out.....price fair for this one, give it a day...gone....GLWS

#110 3 years ago

GLWS bump, interesting comments in this thread, congrats on your new business venture Mayboyz.

#111 3 years ago

Thanks everyone for the kind words

#112 3 years ago
Quoted from Mayboyz:

Hi all
We are a stern dealer. To those that are interested please pm and we will be more then happy to help you.

Can you please clarify what that means? Dealer? Do you have a signed agreement with Stern and do you know if your agreement is different from other Stern "distributors"? I think that's just some fair information to share in the pinball community.

I guess I'm not much of a business guy but starting up a new business as specifically a Stern dealer I would have thought it would have been a better idea to advertise that you are selling at the lowest possible Stern price as possible? Instead of hey, we are willing to wheel and deal.

I honestly thought all pre-orders agreed to the 9600 with 2k down. My apologies if that was not the case.

#113 3 years ago

A Dealer a/k/a Retailer (e.g., Automated Services, Great American Pinball, Tilt Amusements) typically sells to Home Users and Collectors...

http://www.sternpinball.com/find-a-retailer

A Commercial Distributor (e.g., Betson, Shaffer) typically sell to Operators...

http://www.sternpinball.com/find-a-commercial-distributor

Note: Some Dealers are also Commercial Distributors (e.g., Game Exchange of Colorado).

#114 3 years ago

See you all in Texas.

#115 3 years ago

I am not interested in this game but this seems like a perfectly fair price. Are people mad at the dealers? Why? Stern sets the pricing. Are people mad at Stern? Why? People buy games for these prices and Stern has kept the new pinball market alive for years. Are people mad at the buyers? Why? We are entering a wonderful age of pinball production and collecting that will invigorate this hobby for years to come. Good luck with the sale! If you are a pinball and Batman fan, get on this VERY limited edition for a fair market price.

#116 3 years ago
Quoted from Mayboyz:

See you all in Texas.

LOL. Perfect non-reply. Errrr, no, we can't clarify what the hell 'dealer' means so let's pretend your question didn't exist and we'll announce in a few months who our 'company' is. You are either officially affiliated with Stern Pinball are you are NOT. Why is that such a hard question to answer?

Quoted from TRAMD:

I am not interested in this game but this seems like a perfectly fair price. Are people mad at the dealers? Why?

If you think this is a good price then jump on it! Absolutely. I was only stating that I think Pinside should ban FS listings where someone is trying to SCALP, selling a pre-order down payment on a game not even shipping yet, for more than the seller paid. Period. Stop allowing Pinside to be the platform for these "dealers".
6-7 years ago if you read this site the postings were SO different. Today, it's not about helping a friend get a lead on a game they really want at a very fair price, it's simply about the almighty dollar.

But hey, another free bump on your FS thread.

#117 3 years ago

This LE is shipping (not pre-order), and has shipped (OP stated in-hand and on a pallet) and will ship this single BM66 LE to the buyer. Be mad at Stern for the price hike, but OP seems to be in the clear. Don't shoot the messenger.

Re: all of you questioning "pm for a deal" OP can offer free/discounted shipping, free/discounted shaker, free/discounted topper, credit on the next game or any other of other deals that don't cause OP an issue with Stern.

#118 3 years ago
Quoted from BrewinBombers:

This LE is shipping (not pre-order), and has shipped (OP stated in-hand and on a pallet) and will ship this single BM66 LE to the buyer. Be mad at Stern for the price hike, but OP seems to be in the clear. Don't shoot the messenger.
Re: all of you questioning "pm for a deal" OP can offer free/discounted shipping, free/discounted shaker, free/discounted topper, credit on the next game or any other of other deals that don't cause OP an issue with Stern.

You understand this still changes almost nothing? This whomever, pre-ordered a game with the intention of flipping it even if for a minimal gain of $400. I asked a very simple question I think. Are you an authorized Stern distributor, retailer, whatever. NO response.

I'm not questioning just any FS thread. I'm questioning this practice in particular of hoarding pre-orders of LE games with the sole intention of profiting short term. We have seen this with RZ and others as well. I don't think this site should serve as the platform for doing so. Just my 2 cents, I know. I know I sure as heck don't trust a dealer who acknowledges they aren't giving the Stern defined "lowest price".

Okay. Good luck, not posting again here.

#119 3 years ago

I can't believe someone has started a conspiracy about the existence of "dealers", list prices, and to add another level of dumb... ignoring the reputation of LTG

#120 3 years ago
Quoted from Mayboyz:

We have this game because a customer decided not to purchase the game.

Quoted from Brickshot:

his whomever, pre-ordered a game with the intention of flipping it even if for a minimal gain of $400

Seems legit to me and everyone else reading this thread. Not sure why you are harping on this. Let it go

#121 3 years ago
Quoted from Brickshot:

I'm not questioning just any FS thread. I'm questioning this practice in particular of hoarding pre-orders of LE games with the sole intention of profiting short term. We have seen this with RZ and others as well. I don't think this site should serve as the platform for doing so. Just my 2 cents, I know. I know I sure as heck don't trust a dealer who acknowledges they aren't giving the Stern defined "lowest price".
Okay. Good luck, not posting again here.

You have made your position very clear. Now please allow this member to sell his game without your continued badgering.
If you have questions for him, ask in PMs.

This seller is not breaking the rules on Pinside. He is free to sell his Batman 66 LE as he sees fit.
He bought the game. He can sell it in any condition he chooses. If he chooses to buy a game and then sell it immediately, then that is his choice.

And if he makes a profit, then more power to him.

Marcus

#122 3 years ago
Quoted from Brickshot:

If you think this is a good price then jump on it! Absolutely.

I am not interested in the theme, even for half the price, but some will be. And theme just so happens to be the most important part of my interest in a game.

#123 3 years ago

This game will sell, make no doubt about it. Just a classic theme and a huge nostalgic factor tied into the baby boomers who watched this show during their adolescent years. $400 mark up or not going to deter a pin collector from adding this to their collection. GLWS

#124 3 years ago

Hate to say it but after watching youtube videos on this title, if I had the money this machine would already be in my pickup on its way home with me. GLWS
Mike

#125 3 years ago

This will sell most probably sell this week providing the promised code today is a substantial update.

And I hope it is a substantial update not just because I'm in on an LE but to hopefully quiet down some that seem to have made it their New Years resolution to make buyers of BM66 feel bad and regret their decision.

#126 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

to make buyers of BM66 feel bad and regret their decision

from what I see, some already have quite a bit of regret and have become very defensive over the purchase.

Buyers remorse happens, esp when buying a 5k machine for 10k. Everybody wants the new shiny thing, but once you get it home and open the box you often realize you got duped and should have spent your 10k elsewhere. I think many of us have done this with costly toys we buy. Justhave to remind yourself that you still are enjoying your toy and it is your money to spend how you want.

#127 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

This will sell most probably sell this week providing the promised code today is a substantial update.

Won't this code update just be the same newer code they were using from the dead flip stream?

#128 3 years ago

Some can't afford this great machine so they come into a thread like this and piss all over it. Seems like plenty of people would love to have it but don't have the cash. Sorry...

GLWTS OP!

#129 3 years ago

Not sure I understand what the issue is here in this thread. I have bought from the OP before and the overall was fantastic. The game came directly from stern within a few days of placing my order. I would not hesitate for a second to work with Mayboyz again and look forward to doing so in the future. What he makes on games is his business, not mine. As long as I am happy with the price I paid and the experience, that's all that matters from my end.

#130 3 years ago

At least we have established who the new troll of the month is.

#131 3 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Some can't afford this great machine so they come into a thread like this and piss all over it. Seems like plenty of people would love to have it but don't have the cash. Sorry...
GLWTS OP!

aren't you attempting to sell one for 10.5?

this one is a bargain compared to that one...

#132 3 years ago

TDK refake?

SEND MONEY NOW!

Quoted from Whysnow:

#133 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

No, you need to read my ad! Looking for trades, not really looking to sell but if someone gives me 10.5 I'll take it. Yes, the OP's Batman 66 is a bargain price. Sorry not everyone can afford one but that's no reason to get all pissy...

GLWTS OP!

#134 3 years ago

This is still a much better bargain than Whysnow $9000 NIB AMH...

#135 3 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

This is still a much better bargain than Whysnow $9000 NIB AMH...

you mean the one I sold for 30% less.

If OP is going to do a 30% price drop then he may find a buyer quickly.

#136 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

you mean the one I sold for 30% less.
If OP is going to do a 30% price drop then he may find a buyer quickly.

LOL, What a hypocrite! You sold a $6000 pin for $8000... you started out asking $9000! Talk about trying to RIP someone off! 50% markup from cost and you're here slamming this guy. TOTAL H Y P O C R I T E !

#137 3 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

LOL, What a hypocrite! You sold a $6000 pin for $8000... you started out asking $9000! Talk about trying to RIP someone off! 50% markup from cost and you're here slamming this guy. TOTAL H Y P O C R I T E !

no, I sold it for exactly (to the dollar) what I paid for it. I did not make a single penny off the game.

You as usual are wrong or lying.

#138 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

no, I sold it for exactly (to the dollar) what I paid for it. I did not make a single penny off the game.
You as usual are wrong or lying.

Sure you did... sure you did... $6000 pin for $8000 after reducing it from your original asking price of $9000. Talk about gouging!

GLWTS OP... thank God you're selling it. Imagine if this fell into the hands of a Whysnow or something. He would try to pass it off as a Super LE and ask $15k.

#139 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

from what I see, some already have quite a bit of regret and have become very defensive over the purchase.
Buyers remorse happens, esp when buying a 5k machine for 10k. Everybody wants the new shiny thing, but once you get it home and open the box you often realize you got duped and should have spent your 10k elsewhere. I think many of us have done this with costly toys we buy. Justhave to remind yourself that you still are enjoying your toy and it is your money to spend how you want.

ZERO regrets. You just have to spend some time with the machine to fully understand why this theme/machine is so special. Your welcome to pop in and play if you ever find your way this far South.

#140 3 years ago

God lord what a cluster F. Why do some of you care so much about any of this stuff. The game is listed literally $1 over MRSP and is OBO. No one is getting ripped off and this is hardly someone flipping a machine. The original buyer backed out so now this one is available, happens all the freaking time to people that sell games for a living. Anyone in this thread that is complaining that has ever sold a single game for 1 cent more then they originally paid is a hypocrite and needs to get over themselves.

#141 3 years ago

Holy cow this is a strange thread. For the record, Stern does NOT dictate the exact price of all of their items....they DO set a minimum. With that said, I am pretty sure some folks ended up paying more than what the OP is asking for this pin, and although he is a Stern dealer, it shouldn't matter. He has a pin to sell, he advertises it for what he wants, and market will dictate if he gets it. As to not having it in his possession......pretty much every new pin sold these days is pre-ordered and secured with a deposit. Where is the outrage there? I really don't get this whole "flipper" thing anyway to tell you the truth. I suppose if someone bought the only loaf of bread left on the shelf during a disaster, and then sold it to the highest bidder, that would be something to get mad over. But these are toys....nothing more, nothing less. Who cares if someone buys an LE and then wants 2K more for it? The rest of us don't have to buy it...we won't die without it, and again, it is just a TOY. It is a free market society....folks can charge what they want, and sell to whomever they want. Why is pinball considered "different" than any other object? Do these same folks go down to the neighborhood car lot and yell at the dealer when he charges more for a car than he gave on it for trade? Let's talk about something really important, like the price of cigars.........lol

#142 3 years ago
Quoted from turbo20lbs:

I just can't see how anyone would spend this much on a NIB Stern.
Granted I paid out the ass for my BIBLE, but that thing is a grail to me.

Ah. Well your BIBLE wasn't NIB so I guess you didn't get taken then.

#143 3 years ago

Yet another thread full of speculation and misinformation. Its amazing some people will stand by something they have no facts on so whole heartedly. This thread is an excellent example of the direction this site has taken. I have almost all threads turned off except of course for sale threads. I do this to avoid being irritated by people who attack others with such a lack of knowledge of what they are speaking of. Congrats Pinside you sucked me in again. The OP is not gouging anyone. MOST dealers and distributors were at 10k shipped on this title. Some of the big guys were allotted even less of this title because they were not abiding by the rules and that will continue to be the case until they end up with no LEs. Bottom line is if your going to call someone a flipper or gouger over a few hundred bucks on a 10k purchase, your not someone I would want to do business with especially given that he mentioned you may contact him for additional price discussion or details. Just a few people can make an entire simple for sale thread turn into this BS.

#144 3 years ago

Is this the first B66 to come up on pinside? That is one that is in hand and ready to go? Not that I have a dog in the fight, I like probably 99% of the rest of the posters here (especially the pinside price patrol) don't have an extra $10k to toss down on a new stern title (as cool as it looks), that being said, there seems to be a demand for B66 because there wouldn't be 144 posts about a game that was speculated as a few hundred dollars high if it were an AC/DC or a TRON LE.... if sure there are plenty of guys who'd be willing to drop a few hundred extra to have the game right away.. and... the guy did say he would talk about pricing. To the OP - GLWS I don't think you're in the wrong at all with your price... just my $.02

#145 3 years ago

We're all frogs in boiling water when it comes to pinball. If everyone in the hobby went to sleep 5 years ago and woke up today, they wouldn't know where in the hell they were.

10K by Christmas used to be the longest running joke on Pinside. Soon, that will be looked at as a "deal" at the rate we're going.

#146 3 years ago

Its amazing how some threads get bashed and some have the pumpers and "what a great price" "won't last long" " you are giving it away" its amusing. IBTL

#147 3 years ago

this is a sold out le at msrp. i don't see anything outrageous. woulda thought this sold in a day. i am pretty surprised, glwts!!!

#148 3 years ago

Never seen so many adults upset about how other people spend their money.

#149 3 years ago

Brickshot

Thumbs
Up

Down

Ratio
40.5%

Actually I was surprised it was 40.5%....I was assuming more like 12%.

#150 3 years ago
Quoted from fattdirk:

Never seen so many adults upset about how other people spend their money.

You mean in this week's whiner thread?

Not the dozen or so from last week and every other week before?

There are 191 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside