• 75 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by pinmister
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3070_zps68449288 (resized).jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 191 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.
#51 7 years ago
Quoted from sheetz_freak1:

Then we class it up a little more by saying FU to a guy trying to pass along a limited title to the community.

The F U is for ALL folks out there buying and trying to flip the LE's for more money than they bought them for often without ever even taking them out of the box. Same goes for the numerous RZ LE folks or MMR LE folks trying to sell NIB at a premium to what they actually paid. I hope the days of this happening are coming to an end.

#52 7 years ago

good luck with sell.
fair price for incredible game

#53 7 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

good luck with sell.
fair price for incredible game

Really its incredible allready?

#54 7 years ago
Quoted from Brickshot:

The F U is for ALL folks out there buying and trying to flip the LE's

Mayboyz isn't trying to flip it. He's a dealer.

LTG : )

#55 7 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Mayboyz isn't trying to flip it. He's a dealer.

So how does that work exactly? I thought Stern's new pricing model meant all distributors also follow the same pricing guidelines, no?? Yet, this "dealer" is able to wheel and deal and is asking for more than what 99% of folks paid for their own?

Quoted from Mayboyz:

If you want to make a deal please let me know.

Sorry to be blunt LTG but I just don't see how this is a legitimate Stern distributor and not just another pinball scalper.

#56 7 years ago
Quoted from sheetz_freak1:

Knowing the price of the game I just do not understand how we can possible get on this guy for for flipping or gouging when he would stand to make a whopping 2% if he purchased it at street price. Then we class it up a little more by saying FU to a guy trying to pass along a limited title to the community. Nice.
Thanks mayboyz and GLWS

This is the very problem with "allowing" price policing. It is the number 1 issue and main deterrent for people coming here. It's middle school at its finest here. You can tell from the types of posts allowed, the way people speak to each other; "classless" is definitely the word here. People wonder why I am the way I am in regards to my own machines and why I am very defensive with pinball sales in general. It's essentially like used car sales dealing with selling a machine, but for some reason the "holier than thou" attitude about things here stifles me. A lot of the people talking act like they are "big boys" and do a lot of name dropping in the hobby, etc.

The bottom line is all the distributors are flipping this game too. Nothing different. People flip things all the time, deal with it.

It is just such a turn off to new players/people coming to this site with the attitude(s) from grown men acting like juveniles.

#57 7 years ago
Quoted from DreamTR:

This is the very problem with "allowing" price policing. It is the number 1 issue and main deterrent for people coming here. It's middle school at its finest here. You can tell from the types of posts allowed, the way people speak to each other; "classless" is definitely the word here. People wonder why I am the way I am in regards to my own machines and why I am very defensive with pinball sales in general. It's essentially like used car sales dealing with selling a machine, but for some reason the "holier than thou" attitude about things here stifles me. A lot of the people talking act like they are "big boys" and do a lot of name dropping in the hobby, etc.
The bottom line is all the distributors are flipping this game too. Nothing different. People flip things all the time, deal with it.
It is just such a turn off to new players/people coming to this site with the attitude(s) from grown men acting like juveniles.

In general I would agree with your attitude toward price policing. However, this particular FS thread is very different from your typical price policing. This isn't some used game that someone is trying to test the waters on value and starting with a premium. This is a game that has not even shipped! I think it's fair to note that 99% of folks already in on the pre-order paid less. This is simply pinball scalping.

#58 7 years ago
Quoted from Brickshot:

In general I would agree with your attitude toward price policing. However, this particular FS thread is very different from your typical price policing. This isn't some used game that someone is trying to test the waters on value and starting with a premium. This is a game that has not even shipped! I think it's fair to note that 99% of folks already in on the pre-order paid less. This is simply pinball scalping.

If they are all sold out and no one can get one, and the person is making what, $400??? is that really scalping?

#59 7 years ago
Quoted from DreamTR:

If they are all sold out and no one can get one, and the person is making what, $400??? is that really scalping?

Well it's actually the definition of scalping.

#60 7 years ago
Quoted from Brickshot:

So how does that work exactly? I thought Stern's new pricing model meant all distributors also follow the same pricing guidelines, no?? Yet, this "dealer" is able to wheel and deal and is asking for more than what 99% of folks paid for their own?

Sorry to be blunt LTG but I just don't see how this is a legitimate Stern distributor and not just another pinball scalper.

Advertised minimum and actual sale cost minimums are the stern policy.
Example he couldn't advertise it at 9k.
Example many Stern distributors sell on eBay for above msrp.

#62 7 years ago

When does the Batman 66 ghosting thread start?

#63 7 years ago

If he's a dealer he isn't allowed to post a price below msrp. You have to contact them directly for the "street price" as most everybody knows.

I was told it would be full price by one guy and then found Game Room Guys for $9600.

#64 7 years ago

These prices make me feel like I got a steal of a deal when buying a HEP FunHouse for under 8k.

I just can't see how anyone would spend this much on a NIB Stern.

Granted I paid out the ass for my BIBLE, but that thing is a grail to me.

#65 7 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Good opportunity for someone that missed out on an LE to get an LE at pretty close to cost

Exactly.

Congrats to the future new owner. If you like the theme and have the coin, you won't be disappointed. The BM66 machines are stunning.

#66 7 years ago
Quoted from turbo20lbs:

I paid out the ass for my BIBLE, but that thing is a grail to me.

Well said. Everyone has a grail.

#67 7 years ago

Am i fair to offer 9000.00......

#68 7 years ago
Quoted from Brickshot:

Yet, this "dealer" is able to wheel and deal

I believe in one of his posts he said to contact him.

Quoted from Brickshot:

Not distributor. I posted dealer. Definitely not a scalper. You can take my word for it. Or not.

#69 7 years ago

I have 9000 on the table....??
Well at least on this post.....going....going....???

#70 7 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Not distributor. I posted dealer. Definitely not a scalper. You can take my word for it. Or not.

If he's not a distributor but he's selling his pre-order for more than he paid, then WHAT do you call it? It's not about opinion here, it's fact. You sell something limited in number for more than you paid (without ever using it) then you ARE scalping. Take my word for it. Or not.

#71 7 years ago

I got 9000.00 ..it does say best offer......

Is that a fair offer???

#72 7 years ago
Quoted from Mayboyz:

Hi all. HAPPY NEW YEAR
This game is one of 240 world wide. It is brand new on the skid never opened. We have this game because a customer decided not to purchase the game. Any questions please let me know.

Of all the shit i've seen over the years this hardly qualifies as "gouging" somebody. And i would take Lloyd's word for the guy's character.

#73 7 years ago
Quoted from Brickshot:

If he's not a distributor but he's selling his pre-order for more than he paid, then WHAT do you call it? It's not about opinion here, it's fact. You sell something limited in number for more than you paid (without ever using it) then you ARE scalping. Take my word for it. Or not.

I guess every business on the planet are scalpers then. Literally.

And all this for listing a price $1 above MSRP, and for which stern sets the advertised price minimum. Pinside continues to impress me more and more every day.

#74 7 years ago
Quoted from Brickshot:

If he's not a distributor but he's selling his pre-order for more than he paid, then WHAT do you call it?

Profit. Every Stern distributor or dealer sells Stern pins for more than they paid.

#75 7 years ago
Quoted from RichieWrench:

Is that a fair offer???

If you really want it now I'd offer $9600 delivered. Or you can wait and pick up a HUO down the road when the code is done and you've gotten a chance to play it.

But the "collector" streak in you wants this pin, like the DI CE

#76 7 years ago
Quoted from dzoomer:

I guess every business on the planet are scalpers then. Literally.

Because every business on the planet sells a product limited in number before they have ever even received the product or taken possession?? Great point Einstein.

Quoted from LTG:

Profit. Every Stern distributor or dealer sells Stern pins for more than they paid.

Every Stern distributor plays by the same rules Lloyd and now makes the same amount of profit for promoting, selling, and most often having a shop where customers can come in and test a game out before purchasing!!

I can't even believe you are defending someone scalping a pinball machine. All I have to do is establish an LLC and suddenly I'm legit to scalp pinball machines? Even if it's legal I can't believe anyone who loves pinball would approve of such practices. It's BS this site should have to allow it.

#77 7 years ago
Quoted from Brickshot:

Because every business on the planet sells a product limited in number before they have ever even received the product or taken possession?? Great point Einstein.

Moving the goalposts. LOL. At least you're consistent.

So now it's bad because it was a limited product and not yet in stock by the business. And advertised at $1 over MSRP in the ad, posted after the buyer backed out. Just trying to follow your logic here, Einstein.

#78 7 years ago

Brickshot - It's obvious you want the machine. Just offer him $9998 and be done with it. Seriously, you won't regret it.

#79 7 years ago
Quoted from Brickshot:

Every Stern distributor plays by the same rules Lloyd and now makes the same amount of profit for promoting, selling, and most often having a shop where customers can come in and test a game out before purchasing!!
I can't even believe you are defending someone scalping a pinball machine. All I have to do is establish an LLC and suddenly I'm legit to scalp pinball machines? Even if it's legal I can't believe anyone who loves pinball would approve of such practices. It's BS this site should have to allow it.

Again, everyone is making money off someone.

And you don't need to be an LLC, you can be a sole proprietor.

The bottom line is you should be angry with anyone selling ANYTHING not available then anymore over MSRP. That would be the countless Bally/Williams mid 90s games that are mega high priced. This is a capitalist society and honestly, at least he is offering this. Some people don't have to buy it, they can move on, AND he has a best offer. You know I offered AMH cheaper and cheaper and I had clowns say I needed to price it cheaper when it was already the lowest one sold on a forum. People are going to complain about it being too high or too low but the bottom line is people need money. If you paid $4000 for some limited game and needed some money and could get $8000 off of it you would do it, if not you would lie and say you wouldn't but you would do it anyway. Everyone resells. No one takes it with them.

#80 7 years ago
Quoted from Brickshot:

Every Stern distributor plays by the same rules Lloyd and now makes the same amount of profit for promoting, selling,

Really ? Why do people call a bunch of distributors to see who has the best price ?

Quoted from Brickshot:

and most often having a shop where customers can come in and test a game out before purchasing!!

The OP's shop is opening soon. Then anyone can come in and play what is available.

Quoted from Brickshot:

I can't even believe you are defending someone scalping a pinball machine.

Believe it. He's a friend of mine. A Stern dealer. And selling Stern pins for profit. His 6th post was "If you want to make a deal please let me know." So anyone that wants to make a deal, PM him.

Quoted from Brickshot:

Even if it's legal

He is located in the United States. So I believe making a profit, is legal.

#81 7 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Not distributor. I posted dealer.

Did you or did you not just post that he is not an official Stern distributor but instead a "dealer" (whatever that means)??

Am I wrong to think every single STERN distributor now has to have the exact same sales price as dictated by Stern? No more dealing? So nobody should need to call around to multiple distributors for Stern games any longer!

If he is not a distributor then I don't care if he's doing this as side work, has an LLC doing it full time, or even has a shop. If you're buying up something of a limited number and selling it within a few weeks (without being an authorized retailer) for more without ever receiving ownership, then you are a scalper. These folks are bottom feeders IMO and I'm sorry, but I don't care if he is a friend of yours. There is nothing respectable about it.

BUT, I think my real point is to propose a Pinside rule to the moderators that NOBOBDY should be allowed to post an FS market ad (or thread) for a game that they are not physically in possession of at a minimum and preferably not even selling a game that has not begun to ship, for a price higher than they paid. Period.

#82 7 years ago
Quoted from Brickshot:

Did you or did you not just post that he is not an official Stern distributor but instead a "dealer"

I pointed out he is a Stern Dealer. Not a distributor. Official or otherwise. And before anyone asks, I don't know what the exact difference is.

Quoted from Brickshot:

Am I wrong to think every single STERN distributor now has to have the exact same sales price as dictated by Stern? No more dealing?

I have no idea on that one. Maybe ask Stern ?

Quoted from Brickshot:

BUT, I think my real point is to propose a Pinside rule to the moderators that NOBOBDY should be allowed to post an FS market ad (or thread) for a game that they are not physically in possession of at a minimum

He ordered the games, paid for them when they were announced. And for all I know are sitting on his dock. People have been getting their games.

Quoted from Brickshot:

(without being an authorized retailer)

As a Stern dealer. I don't think you can get anymore authorized than that.

#83 7 years ago

Holy crap. Let the guy sell his game.

#84 7 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Holy crap. Let the guy sell his game.

You are right. I apologize for my part in this.

#85 7 years ago
Quoted from Brickshot:

BUT, I think my real point is to propose a Pinside rule to the moderators that NOBOBDY should be allowed to post an FS market ad (or thread) for a game that they are not physically in possession of at a minimum and preferably not even selling a game that has not begun to ship, for a price higher than they paid. Period.

That's not gonna stop a damn thing. There are two sides to every transaction. Pinside buyers and sellers are plenty saavy to take care of themselves.

What do you think goes on with the Inventory Automated buys and stores to sell later at higher prices if demand is there?

What do you think is going on right now with the deposits people are paying to be on a Star Wars LE waiting list?

You could take your argument to 100 other FS threads and be much more on point. This one? Not so much.

#86 7 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I pointed out he is a Stern Dealer. Not a distributor. Official or otherwise. And before anyone asks, I don't know what the exact difference is.

I have no idea on that one. Maybe ask Stern ?

He ordered the games, paid for them when they were announced. And for all I know are sitting on his dock. People have been getting their games.

As a Stern dealer. I don't think you can get anymore authorized than that.

I agree this person should (so far) be allowed to sell (no current rule against it). This is my last post tonight.

LTG, I'm sorry but it's clear you really have no idea how this person makes their living or apparently even what is meant by "dealer". It's just ridiculous IMO to support folks calling themselves "dealer" who have absolutely zero agreement with Stern (or whatever company they apparently represent in flipping games.)

I KNOW what Stern pricing is now. Unless Melissa at CoinTaker is lying (doubtful), every single official Stern retailer must sell their games at the exact same price. NO more dealing. Rock hard bottom price. Thus, I believe this person has zero direct affiliation with Stern and find it a bit ridiculous that you would so strongly support someone I strongly suspect you loosely know at best (even though I realize you are a long-time veteran in the industry and have done more than your own share to help others.)

The official retailers I have talked to regarding BM66 needed only a 2k down payment. Thus, A $400 profit (in this case) per machine (or 20%) is a pretty darn nice profit for a scalper.

I think it would be beneficial to all folks in this community and who care about pinball to have a rule on this site that nobody should be allowed to sell a pre-order for more than they paid from a legitimate retailer. You want to see if someone wants your spot in line for what you paid? Fine. You want to try and profit from it? NO.

#87 7 years ago
Quoted from Brickshot:

...BUT, I think my real point is to propose a Pinside rule to the moderators that NOBOBDY should be allowed to post an FS market ad (or thread) for a game that they are not physically in possession of at a minimum and preferably not even selling a game that has not begun to ship, for a price higher than they paid. Period.

LOL. Quite a ride to here trying out your logic.

So.....now, at this point.... your full freakout in this for sale thread is because the OP, a dealer/distributor/whatever, is advertising a game for sale not in possession (not necessarily a problem according to you), not yet shipping (not necessarily a problem according to you), for a price of $1 higher than MSRP which other Stern dealers and distributors have to minimally advertise (which according to all your conditions is a major problem to you). Okay. Sounds totally reasonable.

#88 7 years ago

Your math is all F Ed up Brick

So is your logic

#89 7 years ago

God bless capitalism, pinball and America. Op,get whatever price you can that someone is willing to pay.

#90 7 years ago

My last post in this thread.

Quoted from Brickshot:

LTG, I'm sorry but it's clear you really have no idea how this person makes their living

Actually I do. No idea how you came up with that. People usually know what their friends do for a living.

Quoted from Brickshot:

what is meant by "dealer".

No, I don't know the difference. If there is one. I never thought to ask him or Stern. I only know that he is a dealer, that started as a distributor.

Quoted from Brickshot:

who have absolutely zero agreement with Stern

Wow again. You make this stuff up as you go along ? Of course he has written agreements with Stern.

#91 7 years ago
Quoted from RichieWrench:

Is that a fair offer???

Not really. He will get MSRP for it by Tuesday is my guess.

#92 7 years ago

Hi all

We are a stern dealer. To those that are interested please pm and we will be more then happy to help you.

I'm sorry you feel you have been taken advantaged of by other people or dealers but we don't do business that way. We have sold several games to many people who are part of pinside and all they can say is thanks. We plan on being in Texas to announce our company and or team.

Thanks again

#93 7 years ago
Quoted from Mayboyz:

Hi all
We are a stern dealer. To those that are interested please pm and we will be more then happy to help you.
I'm sorry you feel you have been taken advantaged of by other people or dealers but we don't do business that way. We have sold several games to many people who are part of pinside and all they can say is thanks. We plan on being in Texas to announce our company and or team.
Thanks again

look forward to meeting you at TFP.

#94 7 years ago
Quoted from Brickshot:

He listed it for Msrp and multiple times said talk to them if you are interested (aka we can work on price). This is simply working within the constraints they have. Don't have a cow man

#95 7 years ago
Quoted from Brickshot:

Am I wrong to think every single STERN distributor now has to have the exact same sales price as dictated by Stern?

Yes you would be wrong. Minimum price rules does not mean all having the same price.

#96 7 years ago

Thanks for the kind words

#97 7 years ago

GLWS Mayboyz!

I have no idea why your FS thread has spiralled so off topic this is listed extremely fairly and after some of the shocking asking prices in GBLE FS threads it's nice to see a BM66LE for sale without a silly asking price.

You could have listed this for silly money like so many did for a GBLE (& lets not forget TRON LE) but you have been fair and people in this need to show the same fairness and a little more class!

All the best with the company announcement and launch in Texas.

#98 7 years ago
Quoted from Mayboyz:

Hi all

Thanks again

Where are you located and what is your actual business name? If you are selling under the business now then might as well tell us now; I dont understand the reason for waiting 3 months to say whom you actually are.

#99 7 years ago

From what I heard, dist. mark up is 10% on all games with a set price point .

#100 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Where are you located and what is your actual business name? If you are selling under the business now then might as well tell us now; I dont understand the reason for waiting 3 months to say whom you actually are.

He doesn't need you to understand, obviously this is just how he chooses to do business at this time. Are you interested in buying this or just shitting on his thread? If you are interested in buying he has stated several times to PM him questions.

There are 191 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-batman-66-le/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.