You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

barracora (resized).jpg
barracora 2 (resized).jpg
barracora 3 (resized).jpg
barracora 4 (resized).jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has expired, so this topic closed automatically.

#1 6 years ago

EXPIRED

Expired ad

This ad has expired and was removed from the MarketPlace. The owner has been requested to end their ad, so it can be archived.

Game - for sale

For sale: Barracora

Added: 2017-11-30 23:44:41 UTC
Condition: Used - shows wear, needs some work

#3 6 years ago

Wow.
I should list mine.

What a story though.

#4 6 years ago

Good price on a really hard to find pin. Unless you buy a cabin.

#5 6 years ago
Quoted from jkashani:

Good price on a really hard to find pin. Unless you buy a cabin.

Good price?

Oh, I see you own one

#6 6 years ago
Quoted from pinlink:

Good price?
Oh, I see you own one

what is a good price on them currently?

I dont think the price is much off, but more like a fully working price? Backglass looks nice, pf is sadly about average, nonworking could be simple or board work.

I would think $1800 easy if local and able to grab it as-is.

#7 6 years ago

Not to be to hard on you I sold one for 1500 in nice shape, fully working. A half hour away from you. https://www.facebook.com/pg/solidstatepinball/photos/?tab=album&album_id=1709083456084438

#8 6 years ago
Quoted from lostlumberjacks:

Not to be to hard on you I sold one for 1500 in nice shape, fully working. A half hour away from you. https://www.facebook.com/pg/solidstatepinball/photos/?tab=album&album_id=1709083456084438

looks like a nice example. Also looks like that was over a year ago and sold in short order?

#9 6 years ago

More power to him if he can get it for a non working game. Yes they are semi hard to find, however they are out there but I've owned at least four of them that I can think of off the top of my head. It just seemed like this seller is a bit misinformed is all. I seem to see it a lot though so........

John

#10 6 years ago

Yes sir I do. I paid a bit less for mine and it is a real nice example. Every time I list a game and the Barracora is pictured in the back ground I get inquiries and offers. At least he is not asking 3k or more and I am sure a reasonable offer could make the buyer and the seller happy. Mine is bolted to the floor.

Quoted from pinlink:

Good price?
Oh, I see you own one

#11 6 years ago

oddly, 50% of all Barracoras I have ever seen have come out of MI. When I was looking I finally found one in MI.

Yeah, seller is obviously new and guessing will need a little honest education based on the non-working condition. If I was local I would be making contact and the trip just based on the backglass condition.

#12 6 years ago

Hilton you are the worst price pumper of all time. I've seen 2 go this year that were fully working for 1400-1500.

This one doesn't even work

#13 6 years ago
Quoted from pinlink:

Hilton you were the worst price pumper of all time. I've seen 2 go this year that were fully working for 1400-1500.
This one doesn't even work

There is no reason for me to price pump, if anything I should do the opposite as I would like to find a nicer example to purchase then the one I own
I haven't seen any for 1500- in the past year. 1800 is what gets you in the door currently and negotiate from there. Non-working on this could be as simple as a fuse or as bad as blown boards... untill you go see it or get more pics you have no idea.

What I have seen are 5 WTB ads on pinside in the past year and # ISO continues to go up (95 owners and 116 wishers on pinside currently which is probably up 20 since a year ago)

This one that sold instantly at 1850 7 months ago
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-barracora#post-3728795

This one that sold instantly for $1500 over 1 year ago
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-barracora-williams-1981-nice-shape-michigan#post-3403116

Last one on Pinside prior to that was over 2 years ago so not applicable (appeared to be a bigger project and was traded)

All data points to liek other classics the price has gone up as supply is minimal and demand grows.

No price pumping needed when you just look at the facts.

BTW, if anyone has a fully working Baracorra with nice backglass and playfield for 1500, then please let me know. I will pay more that 1500, but hell if you are offering it at that then I will just be tickled

#14 6 years ago

A friend sold a REALLY nice one for $1700 a few month ago.

lol.. that's the one Why's linked

#15 6 years ago
Quoted from Monster_Bash:

yup, way under priced. I would have easily paid 2k+ for that example. I was too late on the pm sadly.

#16 6 years ago

I got the one for $1,850, I jumped on it like it owed me money.

Quoted from Whysnow:

There is no reason for me to price pump, if anything I should do the opposite as I would like to find a nicer example to purchase then the one I own
I haven't seen any for 1500- in the past year. 1800 is what gets you in the door currently and negotiate from there. Non-working on this could be as simple as a fuse or as bad as blown boards... untill you go see it or get more pics you have no idea.
What I have seen are 5 WTB ads on pinside in the past year and # ISO continues to go up (95 owners and 116 wishers on pinside currently which is probably up 20 since a year ago)
This one that sold instantly at 1850 7 months ago
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-barracora#post-3728795
This one that sold instantly for $1500 over 1 year ago
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-barracora-williams-1981-nice-shape-michigan#post-3403116
Last one on Pinside prior to that was over 2 years ago so not applicable (appeared to be a bigger project and was traded)
All data points to liek other classics the price has gone up as supply is minimal and demand grows.
No price pumping needed when you just look at the facts.
BTW, if anyone has a fully working Baracorra with nice backglass and playfield for 1500, then please let me know. I will pay more that 1500, but hell if you are offering it at that then I will just be tickled

#17 6 years ago
Quoted from jkashani:

I got the one for $1,850, I jumped on it like it owed me money.

nice! Glad it went to the first to respond! If you ever want to sel it then please let me know. I call dibs

#18 6 years ago

I would hate to tell you what I paid for mine a few years back.....

#19 6 years ago
Quoted from chad:

I would hate to tell you what I paid for mine a few years back.....

nah, good deals happen (esp a few years ago when some games were more under the radar)

#20 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I traded for this one. Wasn’t as big a project than it appeared. Got it working in a weekend. Nice cabinet and near perfect backglass. Playfield is roached.

Currently looking for a nice playfield. Not holding my breath for CPR to make these, so if anyone has one and wants to sell it, pm me.

Great game and OP, glws.

#21 6 years ago
Quoted from yfz450:

I traded for this one. Wasn’t as big a project than it appeared. Got it working in a weekend. Nice cabinet and near perfect backglass. Playfield is roached.
Currently looking for a nice playfield. Not holding my breath for CPR to make these, so if anyone has one and wants to sell it, pm me.
Great game and OP, glws.

You never know with them. Seeing how they made plastic sets for Defender, and plan on making playfields for Spectrum both of which had fewer games made than Barracora.

#22 6 years ago

I don't think it's a crazy asking price. But based on the condition, let's call it a bit ambitious.

#23 6 years ago

Great game and I wouldn't let mine go for anything. So many people with so little to do other than price police.

#24 6 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

let's call it a bit ambitious.

fair, but also appears to be a completely new person not familiar so can see why they are a bit ambitious.

Better off fomr him to get some real numbers here and get a better idea rather than have someone beat him up to get it for 1k (granted if all boards are blown or things are aweful on inspection, he is going to need wiggle room to sell)

#25 6 years ago

The backglass on this game is not perfect - if you look closely you can see the usual ink lifting around the score windows (esp Player 1).

Quoted from Whysnow:

oddly, 50% of all Barracoras I have ever seen have come out of MI. When I was looking I finally found one in MI.
Yeah, seller is obviously new and guessing will need a little honest education based on the non-working condition. If I was local I would be making contact and the trip just based on the backglass condition.

The backglass on this game is not perfect - if you look closely you can see the usual ink lifting around the score windows (esp Player 1).

Barracora is still one of my all time favorite games. I've owned a Barracora since 1984 (with the exception of a few years after I moved to Canada) and am still not tired of it. I do wish that CPR would repro the backglass as they are always peeling - there was something weird about the black ink used on that batch.

#26 6 years ago
Quoted from woz:

yup. good eyes. Was not looking on PC before.

#27 6 years ago
Quoted from pinlink:

Hilton you are the worst price pumper of all time.

Quoted from Whysnow:

There is no reason for me to price pump,

Quoted from Whysnow:

yup, way under priced. I would have easily paid 2k+ for that example. I was too late on the pm sadly.

#28 6 years ago

DaLaw >

Price pumping is someone artificially inflating with nothing to back it up.

Price honesty is willingness to admit when you missed a great condition game that you would have paid even more than advertised.

I would have genuinely paid more as I want a nicer example of this game than I already have. I am hoping the current owner (or anyone else with a nice example pf) lets me know when they want to sell.

#29 6 years ago

Last one I sold was in June 2016 and it sold for $600, I made a quick $50. Sounds like the pricing has gone 3-4 times that??

John

#30 6 years ago
Quoted from Monster_Bash:

Damn! Is that what i sold it for? I thought it was 1850! Maybe that was the balance you picked up for me.

#31 6 years ago

No Gnatty I bought yours for $1,850

blockquote cite="#4102844">Damn! Is that what i sold it for? I thought it was 1850! Maybe that was the balance you picked up for me.

#32 6 years ago

sale pending...

#33 6 years ago

Price pumped so hard that it is sale pending!

#34 6 years ago

so $2225 for one not working and unknowing from a pinsider no one knows and who knows what works and what doesn't on the game,.
so whats a for certain 100 percent Working, nice physical shape shopped gone through one gonna sell for now?

#35 6 years ago
Quoted from silver_spinner:

so $2225 for one not working and unknowing from a pinsider no one knows and who knows what works and what doesn't on the game,.
so whats a for certain 100 percent Working, nice physical shape shopped gone through one gonna sell for now?

About $600 with this crowd........LOL.

John

#36 6 years ago

Whoops I forgot about adding LED's to the game and then the price will go up ten times that by Christmas.

John

#37 6 years ago

I reckon that a very nice example working with LED's will sell for $2,700 - $3,200 I say that because I own one, just ask pinlink

#38 6 years ago
Quoted from jkashani:

No Gnatty I bought yours for $1,850
blockquote cite="#4102844">Damn! Is that what i sold it for? I thought it was 1850! Maybe that was the balance you picked up for me.

Like every pin I've sold, I've always charged a good price. Could I have gotten more? Probably. Did I sell it quickly to a fellow Pinsider with no problems, absolutely! That's good enough for me!

#39 6 years ago
Quoted from jkashani:

Price pumped so hard that it is sale pending!

lol.

highly doubt it sold for asking. My point was that someone took the time to contact the seller and it appears they have worked something out.

While everyone else was sitting around speculating, someone (probably a few) that wanted the game is making things happen. With 5 WTB ads on pinside alone, it is no surprise that this is pending already.

#40 6 years ago

Yup sold for $750

Congrats to the new owner!

#41 6 years ago
Quoted from pinlink:

Yup sold for $750

Lol

#42 6 years ago
Quoted from pinlink:

Yup sold for $750

Anyone who has a Barracuda for sale for $750, contact me! I'll even throw in my Raven with custom cooling vent in the shape of a Harbor Freight lift cart!

#43 6 years ago

i messaged the seller and got zero response right from the get go and i even said i could be up to see it that night or next day.
doubt if the post was even legit.

Quoted from Whysnow:

lol.
highly doubt it sold for asking. My point was that someone took the time to contact the seller and it appears they have worked something out.
While everyone else was sitting around speculating, someone (probably a few) that wanted the game is making things happen. With 5 WTB ads on pinside alone, it is no surprise that this is pending already.

#44 6 years ago
Quoted from Geocab:

Anyone who has a Barracora for sale for $750, contact me! I'll even throw in my Raven with custom cooling vent in the shape of a Harbor Freight lift cart!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 859.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 16.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has expired, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-barracora-1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.