image (resized).jpg
B75C5D88-7E3A-46B1-9815-FF74292E5DF9 (resized).jpeg
DB20C606-5A2C-4BB3-9418-0B94A69E0686 (resized).jpeg
3FB50586-E832-4621-BFCA-7AE91A1041E9 (resized).jpeg
56F4F082-4078-4958-B84D-013D6131F238 (resized).jpeg
B8C85BB7-48A9-4A8D-AFCB-4A5994C395BB (resized).jpeg
95C78706-35FA-40AB-B065-E5A2FFE431B5 (resized).jpeg
AB3F9648-447A-47F1-97F5-69C52181AAA4 (resized).jpeg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#1 4 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Game - for sale

For sale: Banzai Run

Added: 2019-12-15 23:00:00 UTC • Re-listed: 1 time (January 27th, 2020) • Ended: February 27th, 2020
Condition: Fully restored (full original status)

Price

$ 14,700 (OBO)

Open for offers

Beautiful Banzai Run restored by HEP

Built with a NOS populated playfield
Chrome door, legs and side rails
Super bands
Green LED display
Full LED,s
Aluminum flipper bats

Item photos

3FB50586-E832-4621-BFCA-7AE91A1041E9 (resized).jpeg
56F4F082-4078-4958-B84D-013D6131F238 (resized).jpeg
95C78706-35FA-40AB-B065-E5A2FFE431B5 (resized).jpeg
AB3F9648-447A-47F1-97F5-69C52181AAA4 (resized).jpeg
B75C5D88-7E3A-46B1-9815-FF74292E5DF9 (resized).jpeg
B8C85BB7-48A9-4A8D-AFCB-4A5994C395BB (resized).jpeg
DB20C606-5A2C-4BB3-9418-0B94A69E0686 (resized).jpeg

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are Pinslinger's market stats.

gold Seller Level

Pinslinger has the Pinside Gold seller level!

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to Pinslinger's stats page

Listing result

The seller marked this ad as "not sold". The item did not sell through Pinside so there's no listing result.

Item location

Fullerton, CA, US

Related shop items!

Interested in this game? Also check out these related Pinside Shops items!

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1,490.00
$ 169.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 180.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 1,280.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 49.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 279.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

#2 4 years ago

I sold my completely restored TOM for $8k. I’d say your price is just a little bit high. Like, more than double too high. I think this ad is more to show it off, than really try and sell it. Correct?

#3 4 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

I sold my completely restored TOM for $8k. I’d say your price is just a little bit high. Like, more than double too high. I think this ad is more to show it off, than really try and sell it. Correct?

Was your TOM a HEP? If not you dont have a comparison.

#4 4 years ago

It is indeed a beautiful machine. HEP's work continues to be unmatched. Did that similarly priced prototype that went up recently end up selling?

#5 4 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

Who asked you?

#6 4 years ago

Curious how these compare, this one has been sitting a while at $12.5K...

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-banzai-run-20

#7 4 years ago
Quoted from Atari_Daze:

Curious how these compare, this one has been sitting a while at $12.5K...
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-banzai-run-20

This one is an HEP restoration & that one is basically a project?

#8 4 years ago
Quoted from jahbarron:

This one is an HEP restoration & that one is basically a project?

Missed the HEP restore, then difference would be night and day!

#9 4 years ago

HEP machines are not for everyone and most of us only wish we had the funds to afford a machine Chris has restored to something well beyond new.

Chris has basically set the bar for what a High End Machine should look like. I don't know what Chris charges to do a machine but with the hours invested I know it can't be cheap. Then add the original cost of the machine, cost of plating, cost of new parts installed, cost of shipping a machine both ways, etc. I doubt many people actually recover their investment when selling a HEP restored game let alone make money on them.

Bottom line is once you get to machines like this they are worth as much as someone is willing to pay for one. And there are a lot of people in this hobby with very deep pockets. So I don't doubt this will sell but I know it will not be going to someone like me.

#10 4 years ago

Machine looks sweet I am in the process of restoring mine right now, still waiting on my new cabinet to be built.. Bump.. GLWS!

#11 4 years ago

Where's High_End_Pins to post the gallery and info, if there is one. Can't tell much from these pics, looks pretty old if indeed done by Chris. I could be wrong.

#12 4 years ago

Not a game for everyone. From an Engineers stand point a really cool game. I really enjoyed mine when I had one. Good luck on the sale.

#13 4 years ago
Quoted from turbo20lbs:

Where's high_end_pins to post the gallery and info, if there is one. Can't tell much from these pics, looks pretty old if indeed done by Chris. I could be wrong.

There are only two HEP Banzai Runs and this is not one of them so I will look a little deeper.
Sometimes people might label anything I have ever touched in the last almost 20 years a HEP game so it’s tough to keep up with.

#14 4 years ago

I had the opportunity to buy one of these about 15 years ago and it's was beautiful for $700....wish I would have bought it. Oh Well

#15 4 years ago
Quoted from High_End_Pins:

There are only two HEP Banzai Runs and this is not one of them so I will look a little deeper.
Sometimes people might label anything I have ever touched in the last almost 20 years a HEP game so it’s tough to keep up with.

thanks for clarity!

Hey OP, care to weigh in?

#16 4 years ago

Maybe Chris just did the playfields?

take pic of the lockbar receiver

#17 4 years ago

Figured it out.
Did the game in my garage almost 15 years ago.
HEP?
Not really.
image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

Takes me back

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#18 4 years ago

Seller is being honest when he said it was done by HEP however he should have said "older restoration by HEP" or something along that lines. With that said and knowing things have changed a lot with the way Chris does things these days price is likely a little on the "high side". However that is something only the buyer & seller can figure out. Still a very nice looking machine but is it $15k nice?

#19 4 years ago

Crack is whack

#20 4 years ago

By comparison. These are the two true HEP versions. The biggest difference would be the amount of paint work done to the cabinets and metal conditioning.
Much more of a process

http://christopherhutchins.com/gallery/album77

http://christopherhutchins.com/gallery/album163

#21 4 years ago

By comparison. These are the two true HEP versions. The biggest difference would be the amount of paint work done to the cabinets and metal conditioning.
Much more of a process
http://christopherhutchins.com/gallery/album77
http://christopherhutchins.com/gallery/album163

I am going to keep your name in high regard when I start looking to acquire some older pins for my collection.

#22 4 years ago

Every HEP game I have acquired always has room for improvement, no matter what year the restore was done. I spend countless hours working on every game I buy, including HEP games. True this cabinet doesn't have the clear coat finish Chris does on the non-decal games, but the cabinet is near factory perfect so in my opinion it would be unnecessary to give it that treatment.

Not mentioned is the fact that this game was built with a NOS populated playfield. The clear on the playfield looks amazing and show no sign of wear.

Doesn't Chris still do work at his home garage?

#23 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinslinger:

Every HEP game I have acquired always has room for improvement, no matter what year the restore was done. I spend countless hours working on every game I buy, including HEP games. True this cabinet doesn't have the clear coat finish Chris does on the non-decal games, but the cabinet is near factory perfect so in my opinion it would be unnecessary to give it that treatment.
Not mentioned is the fact that this game was built with a NOS populated playfield. The clear on the playfield looks amazing and show no sign of wear.

Home garage...Really? The guy is an artist that can sign His work!

#24 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinslinger:

Not mentioned is the fact that this game was built with a NOS populated playfield.

This is the kicker! This makes this one extra special in my book. A true collector will buy this game because of this. There are collectors that will buy HEP games only. This one will sell.

#25 4 years ago

i see no reason for the seller to clarify that it's an early HEP restore. a Ford is still a Ford, regardless of what year it's made. a potential buyer should be asking what year the work was done and make a decision based on what the seller tells them. but Christ, stop criticizing a total stranger who's only honestly selling their their game for the price it's worth to them.

#26 4 years ago
Quoted from bigehrl:

i see no reason for the seller to clarify that it's an early HEP restore. a Ford is still a Ford, regardless of what year it's made. a potential buyer should be asking what year the work was done and make a decision based on what the seller tells them. but Christ, stop criticizing a total stranger who's only honestly selling their their game for the price it's worth to them.

Agreed. The pictures speak for themselves. Would be different if they asked how many plays are on the game since restoration as a corner bar routed HEP might be a different story. This game while not for everyone looks rather nice and a monster to restore.

#27 4 years ago

Figured it out.
Did the game in my garage almost 15 years ago.
HEP?
Not really.

Wow ! Credit to you Sir, big time.

#28 4 years ago

It does have the "OBO" people...

If you are interested, make an offer.

#29 4 years ago
Quoted from bigehrl:

Christ, stop criticizing a total stranger who's only honestly selling their their game for the price it's worth to them.

Just a point of clarity, they are advertising the price they are asking.

The selling will be up to the market to decide.

#30 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinslinger:

Sometimes I do still work in that very same garage.I worked hard to get out of it and twice as hard to get back in it but that is a very complicated story
I just figured out who this actually is selling the game after looking at the intitals.
Have not dealt with this person in probably a decade but he is a good guy and very particular.
Personally I have my own feelings and quirks when it comes to the HEP distinction and I am going to put this out there not to be a snob but just to better articulate.
When you compare the paint process of this cabinet done 15 years ago to the links provided earlier in the post it is the difference in spending a day doing something or a month.
The person with the month long process is going pay much more and end up with a different perspective than the one with the day long process so it is more about that for me personally than the asking prices or timelines.
I do not care if this is a $50K game or a $500 game I completed it long ago and was paid whatever I asked at the time.What I do care about though is if someone buys it and expects the one day job to look just like the one month job.That is why I try to distinguish what is older and what is more current.Not because of the sellers or the prices at all but because of the potential expectations.

Pictures 1616 (resized).jpgPictures 1616 (resized).jpgPictures 1627 (resized).jpgPictures 1627 (resized).jpgPictures 1645 (resized).jpgPictures 1645 (resized).jpg
#31 4 years ago

It is impossible to do something as long as Chris has done it and not improve on the processes over time (if you care about what you are doing as Chris does). So a HEP done in the past couple years is likely to be a much nicer restoration. HOWEVER with the "new" replacement parts being sold that are not as good I think I would almost prefer an older restoration if I was buying a HEP machine for myself.

As stated above and countless times on hundreds of post "asking price" is just that. This machine (or any other item for sale) is worth what someone is willing to pay for it.

No one is "right or wrong" here and the machine more or less speaks for itself. I am sure the "right buyer" will be proud to own it.

What amazes me more than anything else is Chris had documentation on a machine he did 15 years ago. I can't tell you what I did a month ago!

Bump for a great looking machine!

#32 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinslinger:

LOL.

#33 4 years ago
Quoted from bigehrl:

Were I a big Banzai Run fan and buying with the high bar that HEP has set in recent years, if the man HIMSELF is posting to clarify that it's an older job, and perhaps not up to modern standards, that is absolutely something I would want to know. The marker for high end pins is so tight, you need to be up front if you are asking for high end prices. The buyer needs to do his/her homework. That said, the seller also said that he messed with the job after it was done, which is a questionable decision, if not an admission that there were still things that weren't up to snuff. I'd want more details.

#34 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinslinger:

Were the playfields cleared by HEP?

#35 4 years ago

Price could be a touch high, but time will tell. This is a super nice game with NOS populated playfield. This has to be one of the nicest around. HEP has done a few and BK did one a few years ago. These are a pain in the ass to restore as well.

#36 4 years ago

One of my favorite games and this particular one looks to be in beautiful condition. HEP has a great reputation and he has stated where he is on this particular pinball machine... whoever gets it will be getting a beautiful machine - good luck!

#37 4 years ago

Being a buyer of an HEP CV I really appreciate Chris's Archive Gallery and his documentary on my Game. I found some very important info on my game from the before pics that help me troubleshoot an issue it had when I bought it. It has been a year and a half since the diagnosis and repair and I have had no more issues. I had to recreate a sequence of events and changes that former owner did in order to figure out what happened and why.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 169.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 180.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 49.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 1,280.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 1,490.00
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-banzai-run-21?hl=adol75 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.