IMG_0269.JPG
IMG_0268.JPG
IMG_0267.JPG
IMG_0266.JPG
IMG_0265.JPG
IMG_0264.JPG
IMG_0263.JPG
#1 9 years ago

I'm selling a nice condition Bally "Spy Hunter" pinball (circa 1984). Asking price is $1,000, but feel free to make me an offer I can't refuse. I might also consider local trades with cash on either side depending on the trade bait, but I'm not looking for "restored" or "shopped" games.

I rebuilt the solenoid regulator and rectifier boards, replaced a number of dead SCRs on the lamp driver, installed a coin-cell battery and holder on the CPU board, and replaced the capacitors on the sound ("Cheap Squeak") board. All electronic components are working well.

I removed the majority of above-playfield parts, cleaned all the star posts, and machine buffed the playfield (which has factory-installed mylar); due to the mylar there is no playfield wear or insert wear. There was a small area of wear below the captive ball; I've touched that up and placed a small rectangle of mylar over it to protect the area. All playfield plastics were cleaned and new rubber rings installed. The four flippers have been rebuilt and new flipper bats installed. All above-playfield lamps have been replaced, along with the majority of the below-playfield lamps and lamps in the back box (no LEDs here, just good 'ol fashioned incandescent lamps).

The cabinet is in good condition; solid, nice paint job, with only small areas of damage: a small chunk missing along the lower edge of the left cabinet side, and a bit of what I suspect is water damage to the top left corner of the back box. The back glass is in good shape, with a small touch-up on the back that isn't all that visible from the front. The legs are in good shape, and could use a new set of levelers.

Spy Hunter has an interesting asymmetrical playfield with some interesting shots. The playfield is effectively divided into two sections, with upper and lower flippers. The playfield has drop targets, stand-up targets, a captive ball ("boop ball"), a spinning target and kick-out hole, and a jet bumper.

Contact me if you're interested in seeing the game in person (I live in Nashua, NH); I've included a number of pictures.

Tony Dziedzic

IMG_0263.JPGIMG_0263.JPG
IMG_0264.JPGIMG_0264.JPG
IMG_0265.JPGIMG_0265.JPG
IMG_0266.JPGIMG_0266.JPG
IMG_0267.JPGIMG_0267.JPG
IMG_0268.JPGIMG_0268.JPG
IMG_0269.JPGIMG_0269.JPG

3 weeks later
#2 9 years ago

Weekend blow-out sale: $850 cash takes it!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 10.00
$ 22.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems

875 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clovis, CA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Potterville, MI
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-bally-spy-hunter-1000bro-nashua-nh and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.