(Topic ID: 213657)

For sale: 1990 Bally RADICAL! CRAPSHOW! COME ON IN AND DUMP!

By shacklersrevenge

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 120 posts
  • 41 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by elcolonel
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

noma (resized).png
81NOvKvgTJL._SY445_ (resized).jpg
nothingtoseehere.gif
cakeboss (resized).PNG
1200x630bb (resized).jpg
1200x630bb (1) (resized).jpg
0403181017_HDR (resized).jpg
0403181017a_HDR (resized).jpg
Capture Rad (resized).PNG
popcorn (resized).png
DSC06449 (resized).JPG
DSC06450 (resized).JPG
DSC06453 (resized).JPG
DSC06451 (resized).JPG
DSC06452 (resized).JPG
DSC06454 (resized).JPG

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 120 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 5 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Game - for sale

For sale: 1990 Bally RADICAL! CRAPSHOW! COME ON IN AND DUMP!

Added: 2018-04-01 18:17:52 UTC • Ended: April 4th, 2018
Condition: Used - shows wear but 100% working and clean

0 Pinsiders added this ad to their favorites.

Price

$ 4,100

Item description

Excellent overall condition Bally Radical! Clean game, ready to play.

Game works and plays strong, no switch issues or errors. Flippers have been rebuilt. Ramps are in excellent shape, no broken plastics except for the top of the left slingshot. It has a Rottendog MPU board, no hacked connectors or board hacks. The playfield is in excellent condition, I don't see any wear, it has factory mylar nearly covering all of it. The cabinet decals have great color. Unmolested, unmodded survivor Radical.

Only issues are the right display is gassing some and there is wrinkle and a small part of the decal missing at the front legs and it has some headbox scrapes on the side as well.

$4100 or b/o

Game must be sold AS IS. Please feel free to ask any questions or if you need specific pictures.

Photos are also here: http://s1284.photobucket.com/user/banzairunpinball/library/

Gameplay video of the actual game here:

STI shipping is okay.

Thanks, James

Item photos

DSC06475 (resized).JPG
DSC06474 (resized).JPG
DSC06476 (resized).JPG
DSC06473 (resized).JPG
DSC06472 (resized).JPG
DSC06470 (resized).JPG
DSC06471 (resized).JPG
DSC06459 (resized).JPG
DSC06458 (resized).JPG
DSC06457 (resized).JPG
DSC06455 (resized).JPG
DSC06454 (resized).JPG
DSC06452 (resized).JPG
DSC06451 (resized).JPG
DSC06453 (resized).JPG
DSC06450 (resized).JPG
DSC06449 (resized).JPG
0403181017a_HDR (resized).jpg
0403181017_HDR (resized).jpg

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are shacklersrevenge's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to shacklersrevenge's stats page

Listing result

The seller ended this ad but did not submit a final sales price into our price database.

Seller contributed to Pinside for this listing!

Item location

Gardner, MA, US

#2 5 years ago

Looks so fun

#3 5 years ago

Great game

#4 5 years ago

Yes, great and fun describes it well. This is my third Radical, It took 8 years to find my second one, its a difficult pin to track.

If anyone is interested and doesn't like my price, make me an offer, I'm reasonable/flexible.

#5 5 years ago

I’m surprised it’s lasted this long... this game is not deep by any means, but unmatched in every way for its time

#6 5 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

I’m surprised it’s lasted this long... this game is not deep by any means, but unmatched in every way for its time

I've had two people looking for Radical! pass on this one over the display and the wrinkled cabinet decals up front by the legs. I just chuckle. If you're really looking for a Radical, you'll be lucky to even find one to buy, and chances of the playfield being this nice are unlikely. You take the good with the bad, and the issues that are present on this one, are not deal breakers on a pin like this or hard to correct for that matter...

Thanks, James

#7 5 years ago

Pingulp and a beer and no one sees the wrinkle

#8 5 years ago

Also those crappy leg protectors will cover up that biz

#9 5 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

I've had two people looking for Radical! pass on this one over the display and the wrinkled cabinet decals up front by the legs. I just chuckle. If you're really looking for a Radical, you'll be lucky to even find one to buy, and chances of the playfield being this nice are unlikely. You take the good with the bad, and the issues that are present on this one, are not deal breakers on a pin like this or hard to correct for that matter...
Thanks, James

Well I'm guessing if they passed on that exact game with those issues when it was for sale about a month ago for under $3000 then they're not going to be interested at $4000+

#10 5 years ago
Quoted from ReplayRyan:

Well I'm guessing if they passed on that exact game with those issues when it was for sale about a month ago for under $3000 then they're not going to be interested at $4000+

Well, I didn't pay under $3000 for this Radical, but thanks for trolling on in

#11 5 years ago
Quoted from ReplayRyan:

Wow, nice power dump on his for sale thread.. Where exactly did you see this for sale for less than 3K? I know there have a been a couple in the north east, the other one I know of is not in nearly this nice of shape.

#12 5 years ago
Quoted from ReplayRyan:

you cant post this without the link and proof of previous game ad showing sales price of 3k... just sayin...

#13 5 years ago
Quoted from eabundy:

Wow, nice power dump on his for sale thread.. Where exactly did you see this for sale for less than 3K? I know there have a been a couple in the north east, the other one I know of is not in nearly this nice of shape.

On eBay of all places:

ebay.com link: Radical Radical Bally Pinball Machine Rare Arcade

I inquired with the seller about a month ago who said it was still for sale but he had offers. I know what the price was.

Look I'm not trolling or dumping on the for sale thread. That's not who I am and if I was doing that I would have posted as soon as he posted it for sale, which I was expecting to see here anyway. But to say you chuckle when people don't buy because of a display or decal wrinkle issue...come on man. If they are such small issues then at $4k+ you fix 'em!

But as James said if you want a Radical this is probably your only option right now, they just don't pop up often. It's a fun game for sure!

#14 5 years ago

Hold on, I'm getting popcorn, , ,

popcorn (resized).pngpopcorn (resized).png

#15 5 years ago
Quoted from ReplayRyan:

On eBay of all places:
ebay.com link » Radical Radical Bally Pinball Machine Rare Arcade
I inquired with the seller about a month ago who said it was still for sale but he had offers. I know what the price was.
Look I'm not trolling or dumping on the for sale thread. That's not who I am and if I was doing that I would have posted as soon as he posted it for sale, which I was expecting to see here anyway. But to say you chuckle when people don't buy because of a display or decal wrinkle issue...come on man. If they are such small issues then at $4k+ you fix 'em!
But as James said if you want a Radical this is probably your only option right now, they just don't pop up often. It's a fun game for sure!

I don't think that eBay ad was up long, regardless, I know he was fishing for a price and was all over the map in that regard. With that said, I didn't pay under 3k.

#16 5 years ago
Quoted from ReplayRyan:

On eBay of all places:
ebay.com link » Radical Radical Bally Pinball Machine Rare Arcade

well there you go. Nice documentation. One problem...

The final bid/sale price was $3895. I think you may owe an apology?

Capture Rad (resized).PNGCapture Rad (resized).PNG

#17 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

That was just the buy it now price. I'm on mobile, but it looks like it's listed as ended not sold.

#18 5 years ago
Quoted from RonSS:

Hold on, I'm getting popcorn, , ,

No shit - like this with every FS thread these days seems on Pinside.
Get's tired and old.

Here's a super rare title...one many want.
Priced high? - maybe a little bit...but you either want a Radical, or you do not want a Radical.

Good luck with sale Shackler....it will be gone by week's end I'm sure.

#19 5 years ago
Quoted from Slim64:

That was just the buy it now price. I'm on mobile, but it looks like it's listed as ended not sold.

ah, makes sense. I never know how those completed listings work...

no matter, it is a damn nice looking radical and a great game!

#20 5 years ago

I ended my last post on a friendly (price pumping?) note and would have been fine to leave it there but if you guys keep asking questions I'll keep answering...

I don't think that eBay ad was up long, regardless, I know he was fishing for a price and was all over the map in that regard. With that said, I didn't pay under 3k.

Quoted from Whysnow:

It was a regular, no reserve 7 day auction that started at $2995 (/w $3895 BIN) and got no bids. Now everyone here who says they hate eBay but still try to get a deal knows that eBay takes 10% so you could have tried to buy it for about $2700.

But no, I know James didn't pay that much. He ultimately paid $3000.

Regardless, the only point I'm trying to make here is that if you're going to flip a game, bumping your FS thread to say to prospective buyers "why don't YOU fix that issue?" when you're flipping it for $1k seems...tasteless? And I'm not saying this as someone with sour grapes, I already passed on the game/price and I've owned it before. I'm more so saying this as a fellow flipper who has flipped way more games than the New England group posting here combined (and I've even flipped plenty of their games) but doesn't bump or do price cheerleading on his own sales/threads this way even though I'm often labeled a dirty flipper. But perhaps I'm just wrong in thinking that if you're going to flip a game for $1k you should do things like replace a bad display.

#21 5 years ago
Quoted from ReplayRyan:

I ended my last post on a friendly (price pumping?) note and would have been fine to leave it there but if you guys keep asking questions I'll keep answering...

It was a regular, no reserve 7 day auction that started at $2995 (/w $3895 BIN) and got no bids. Now everyone here who says they hate eBay but still try to get a deal knows that eBay takes 10% so you could have tried to buy it for about $2700.
But no, I know James didn't pay that much. He ultimately paid $3000.
Regardless, the only point I'm trying to make here is that if you're going to flip a game, bumping your FS thread to say to prospective buyers "why don't YOU fix that issue?" when you're flipping it for $1k seems...tasteless? And I'm not saying this as someone with sour grapes, I already passed on the game/price and I've owned it before. I'm more so saying this as a fellow flipper who has flipped way more games than the New England group posting here combined (and I've even flipped plenty of their games) but doesn't bump or do price cheerleading on his own sales/threads this way even though I'm often labeled a dirty flipper.

You're out of your element and have no business in this thread. Where did you not read that I'm reasonable/flexible? You've flipped way more games than the New England thread combined? Are you jealous my pin history is far greater than yours? Why are you really here? Is it because YOU knew about the game and because YOU were trying to flip it but decided against it because it was too far or too much to ship?

Good grief, guy. You're starting to sound like a crusader for all Radical justice.
Go stand out in the Florida sunshine and enjoy your weather.

#22 5 years ago

Good grief, let the guy sell his game. One sold locally for $4200 And not as nice as his

#23 5 years ago

You're out of your element, and have no business in this thread. Where did you not read that I'm reasonable/flexible? You've flipped way more games than the New England thread combined? Are you jealous my pin history is far greater than yours? Why are you really here?
Good grief, guy. You're starting to
sound like a crusader for all Radical justice.
Go stand out in the Florida sunshine and enjoy your weather.

Good luck with the sale James. It's a fun game and this one is in better than average condition.

#25 5 years ago

I guess I will start following all your for sale threads from now on ReplayRyan, and try and guess what you really paid and post that shortly after you list them. This will be fun, I mean since you flip so many games it shouldn't matter much right? According to your post you are the Pinball Cake Boss of Florida, that's truly impressive, so you must be so busy, I can't "Fathom" why you would post what you thought someone else purchased a machine for here. I'd think you would be too busy flipping all those hundreds of games you have in stock. I get why people label you as a dirty flipper. Title well deserved from my corner of the room.

#26 5 years ago

what the actual hell is a cake boss?

#27 5 years ago

I'm in at 3k!!

#29 5 years ago
Quoted from eabundy:

I guess I will start following all your for sale threads from now on ReplayRyan, and try and guess what you really paid and post that shortly after you list them. This will be fun, I mean since you flip so many games it shouldn't matter much right? According to your post you are the Pinball Cake Boss of Florida, that's truly impressive, so you must be so busy, I can't "Fathom" why you would post what you thought someone else purchased a machine for here. I'd think you would be too busy flipping all those hundreds of games you have in stock. I get why people label you as a dirty flipper. Title well deserved from my corner of the room.

I gotta upvote just for the 'Pinball Cake Boss of Florida' part. I don't know why but I got a laugh out of that

As for the rest of your post...plenty I could say, especially given a particular machine I bought from you in the past, but nothing else that needs to be said here so I'll just go outside in my nice Florida weather and wrastle an alligator or something.

Those are some nice ramps on this Radical. Not often you see all of em clear and undamaged.

#31 5 years ago
Quoted from eabundy:

you are the Pinball Cake Boss of Florida

That is probably the funniest thing I've ever read

Quoted from bigehrl:

what the actual hell is a cake boss?

1200x630bb (1) (resized).jpg1200x630bb (1) (resized).jpg
1200x630bb (resized).jpg1200x630bb (resized).jpg

cakeboss (resized).PNGcakeboss (resized).PNG

#32 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

you cant post this without the link and proof of previous game ad showing sales price of 3k... just sayin...

he just did!

#33 5 years ago

It seems that I see a lot more Radicals overseas but it is also a very popular game in EUR and AUS as well. So, I don't think that fact makes it any easier to find one. I don't think I can justify paying your asking price but I would consider making an offer if I was closer. I mean, I sold a nice EATPM last year for 3K and I think that was a very fair sale price... This game has similar era rules and features and I think it is right up there with one of the better late 80's system 11 games. But once you are asking close to what a used newer Stern costs (Star Trek Pro for 4350), I just don't think the replay value holds up that well. I'd rather pay over 4K for a Whirlwind but I don't really like that game.

There was a decent Radical! that sold a few weeks ago on Pinside for like $1800. It went fast and THAT WAS cheap.

I've been looking for one for a few years but I have zero interest shipping one or driving more than a few hours for one.

With rare exception, I always find the games that I am looking for somehow. This game is no exception. You tend to have a lot more patience once you've been in this hobby for 15 years.

#34 5 years ago

ummmm... read the whole thread before posting

#35 5 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

It seems that I see a lot more Radicals overseas but it is also a very popular game in EUR and AUS as well. So, I don't think that fact makes it any easier to find one. I don't think I can justify paying your asking price but I would consider making an offer if I was closer. I mean, I sold a nice EATPM last year for 3K and I think that was a fair sale price... This game has similar era rules and features and I think it is right up there with one of the better late 80's system 11 games. But once you are asking close to what a used newer Stern costs (Star Trek Pro for 4350), I just don't think the replay value holds up that well. I'd rather pay over 4K for a Whirlwind.
There was a decent one that sold a few weeks ago on Pinside for like $1800. It went fast and THAT WAS cheap.
I've been looking for one for a few years but I have zero interest shipping one or driving more than a few hours for one.
With rare exception, I always find the games I am looking for somehow. This game is no exception. You tend to have a lot more patience once you've been in this hobby for 15 years.

Actually, something was fishy with the one on pinside for $1800, I know this, because that was my old Radical that a flipper retailer bought from me in GA for $2800 exactly this time last year and he had on ebay for over $4k and then it somehow ended up in CA and listed for $1800? I tried to buy it quick, but the listing ended with no response. It also wasn't as nice as this one. So something definitely was fishy with it, the math doesn't add up at all.

Again, 4100 is where I'm currently starting but I welcome offers. I'm flexible and reasonable.

#36 5 years ago

price actually seems like a reasonable range for the condition. 3k wont sniff you a working radical in most cases and this one has a nice pf and ramps.

#37 5 years ago

Ok, what's a very nice unfaded Doctor Who worth these days? I would offer that in trade for this Radical! if there was no shipping involved, but I don't think I've ever even seen a Dr. Who sell for 4100. Maybe in CA... I don't buy in to the hype that Pinside has become. It's a very decent game and I have seen some amazing machines sold by shaklersrevenge. His prices have always been spot on for a quick sale. It'll eventually find the right buyer.

#38 5 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

Ok, what's a very nice unfaded Doctor Who worth these days? I would offer that in trade for this Radical! if there was no shipping involved, but I don't think I've ever even seen a Dr. Who sell for 4100. Maybe in CA...

Right now, got to do a cash sale. Thanks for the offer though. ''Exterminate!!!!!!!!''

#39 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

3k wont sniff you a working radical in most cases and this one has a nice pf and ramps.

What the hell are you talking about??? He bought this EXACT one for 3k.

You are the worst price pumper of all time.

#40 5 years ago
Quoted from pinlink:

I thought he paid over 3k? Sounds like there was a pulled ad on ebay with starting bid of 3k...

Not price pumping at all. Just stating reality. Last Radical I saw sell was 3800 and it was similar condition to this one.
Here is the last legit Pinside sale I know of.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-radical-3#post-4030952

there was also one out west recently where a seller did not research, put it up at 2500 and a bidding war took it over 3k in no time.

There are multiple expired and active ISO ads just on pinside. Just the reality that Radical is a fun game and limited. 3k appears to be the entry price on one now-a-days.

#41 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I thought he paid over 3k?

No. He paid 3k.

There are other examples including this one and the one you mentioned of Radical selling at 3k and below. But because you own the game, you are pumping it up as you do with every FS thread of a game you own, it's so very old at this point.

Look, I wasn't going to post in this thread at all. Then the OP sent me a nasty PM because of my downvote on the original post. Why did I downvote it? Not really because of the asking price, but because the dude paid 3k for a game, didn't fix any issues, and is flipping it for 4100 and when people ask about the game he posts this:

#42 5 years ago
Quoted from pinlink:

Look, I wasn't going to post in this thread at all. Then the OP sent me a nasty PM because of my downvote on the original post.

Dick move.

#43 5 years ago
Quoted from pinlink:

Doesn't matter whatsoever what I paid for it, I'm not selling it for 3k. I could have bought this game for two dollars, so I should list it for two dollars?

I've been in this hobby a long time. It is simply not for sale, not available for anything less than I feel it is worth. Not for you? Move along. End of story.

#44 5 years ago

I could have bought this game for two dollars, so I should list it for two dollars?

Two dollars?!?!? I'll buy that for a dollar!

(Ok, that wasn't as funny as I hoped it would look ... an epic fail at humor so bad that I had to post it)

Sell the game for whatever you want. To hell with what people say. I, personally, hope you found it in a pile for free and are getting a nice profit. I've seen you sell lots of stuff on Pinside for very reasonable prices ! People are always going to complain about prices. Even when pins were cheap, people would bitch about prices incessantly.

If you want to have some fun, "reduce" the price from $4100 to $4300 .

#45 5 years ago
Quoted from pinlink:

because of my downvote on the original post. Why did I downvote it? Not really because of the asking price, but because the dude paid 3k for a game, didn't fix any issues, and is flipping it for 4100 and when people ask about the game he posts this:

Stay out of it, and then you don't get a pm! Easy, right? Not a buyer? No sweat.

YOU accused me of being a flipper and said in the pm, that ''you would downvote that shit everytime''. Your accusations are not warranted and your pudding has no proof. You remind me of Eugene Levy in Splash, when he's trying to convince everyone ''she's a mermaid!!!!''

Put your bucket of water back in the sink and move along.

#46 5 years ago

I remember a show called Flipper, but it was about a Dolphin. Sorry just had to do it

#47 5 years ago
Quoted from pinlink:

No. He paid 3k.

There are other examples including this one and the one you mentioned of Radical selling at 3k and below. But because you own the game, you are pumping it up as you do with every FS thread of a game you own, it's so very old at this point.

I took it at face value that he paid more than 3k, as that is what he said... Are you calling him a liar?

The past few I have seen have all been over 3k and sold quickly. The one advertised at 2500 went for over 3k in short order and that tells me something about demand. I mean, people were clamoring all over themselves to overbid for a game in the middle of BFE that they then likely had to ship.

If you think I price pump games I own, well then I better start price pumping a whole hell of a lot more. I should be pumping pretty much 50% of all games that come up for sale here...

If I was price pumping I would be saying it is underpriced, great seller, blah blah blah.

Reality is that market sets the price and this is a nicer example game.

We can agree on one thing, seller should fix the display issue before sale at the asking price

#48 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

e paid more than 3k, as that is what he said... Are you calling him a liar?

No I am not. Because He never said that, Hilton.

He said he did not pay less than 3k.

#49 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I took it at face value that he paid more than 3k, as that is what he said... Are you calling him a liar?
The past few I have seen have all been over 3k and sold quickly. The one advertised at 2500 went for over 3k in short order and that tells me something about demand. I mean, people were clamoring all over themselves to overbid for a game in the middle of BFE that they then likely had to ship.
If you think I price pump games I own, well then I better start price pumping a whole hell of a lot more. I should be pumping pretty much 50% of all games that come up for sale here...
If I was price pumping I would be saying it is underpriced, great seller, blah blah blah.
Reality is that market sets the price and this is a nicer example game.
We can agree on one thing, seller should fix the display issue before sale at the asking price

I've been trying to scream this in this thread- I AM FLEXIBLE and OPEN TO OFFERS. So no, I did not fix the display, because if the game stays, I can personally tolerate the display for at least another year.

#50 5 years ago

I could have bought this game for two dollars, so I should list it for two dollars?

I don't care if you make a profit if you actually do ANYTHING to make the game better than when you bought it. When you buy it and immediately flip it without even fixing the issues is what gets me.

Don't make it sound like I said I would just "downvote that shit everytime" for no reason other than just disagreeing with the price. come on man. Here is what I said:

You buy a machine for 3k and don't even fix the issues and are now asking 4100? Yeah you'll get a downvote from me every time for that shit.

I am more than happy to post all the PMs you sent me if you'd like. Buyers should probably be aware of who they are dealing with anyway.

There are 120 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-bally-radical and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.