(Topic ID: 300232)

For sale: Bally Miami Beach bingo pinball machine (1955)

By BlackCatBone

2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 1 post
  • 1 Pinsider participating
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

use (9).jpeg
use (8).jpeg
use (10).jpeg
Miami Beach legs.jpeg
IMG_1481.jpeg
main photo.jpeg
Miami Beach full left side view looking from rear to front.jpeg
Miami Beach bathing beauty on left playfield.jpeg
use (1).jpeg
use.jpeg
use (3).jpeg
use (2).jpeg
use (4).jpeg
use (5).jpeg
use (6).jpeg
use (7).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BlackCatBone.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#1 2 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Game - for sale

For sale: Bally Miami Beach bingo pinball machine (1955)

Added: 2021-09-12 14:15:59 UTC • Ended: July 2nd, 2022
Condition: Partially restored (almost original)

Price

$ 1,300 (OBO)

Open for offers

I have an exceptional Bally Miami Beach bingo pinball machine (1955). I’d put it in the “survivor” category, being mostly original. It is in beautiful cosmetic condition. All features and payouts work 100% correctly. Miami Beach is the only Bally game released with the Magic Curtain feature.

I’ve moved from Seattle to northwest Iowa and am building a house too small for my collection. I’m 15 miles south of I-90 on Highway 86 at Lake Okoboji.

I’ve owned this Miami Beach for six years. It is a survivor – in terrific cosmetic condition and mostly original. All features and payouts work correctly. All bulbs are working. The cabinet art is wonderful, with just a few scrapes and scratches. The outer backglass is a new reproduction by Coos Hakvoort of Holland. It is silkscreened ink on glass and has the true mirror-lines of the original Bally backglass. The inner glass (the bingo card) is original and has areas of paint loss and touch-up most noticeable at the left edge. It also has some blistering that is apparent on close inspection. I’ve clear-coated the glass and find it pleasing. I’m including an inner glass “foil,” also from Coos, in case your preference is for a perfect bingo card. (Bally used no mirror lines on the inner bingo glass.) The playfield is outstanding and looks fantastic with NOS score and instruction cards. There is paint loss on the metal anti-cheat side rails on either side of the playfield. I’ve applied a lacquer overcoat to all wood trim and legs. You see the character and patina of 65 years revealed through the soft glow of fresh lacquer. There are several minor cigarette marks on the front rail. This game presents extremely well and can be the focal point of any woodrail collection. If you appreciate survivor games, I believe this is one of the finest you could hope to find. See my photos and game play videos to form your own impression.

Other details: The game is coin operated and has a nickel coin mech. There is no coin box. It has new balls and new playfield rubber, with the exception of the original rebound rubber. It comes with an original user manual and schematic. I see no evidence that either has been used. I cleaned and waxed the playfield and cabinet. I replaced the original power cord with a grounded cord. I installed NOS period-correct ILCO locks on the front and rear doors, and NOS Fort locks on the backglass side rails.

Miami Beach was the only Bally game to use the Magic Curtain feature. The game has a 9 x 5 bingo card that is similar to Yacht Club. The rightmost four columns are initially concealed by the curtain, but open at random coin drops to reveal the full card. Miami Beach is a great player’s game; it is the only Bally bingo I am aware of that offered three-in-line on a green line pays five-in-line feature. A sweet game is getting that feature lit at the same time you have the “Select-A-Number” feature and the Magic Curtain pulled back by two panels. Each of the four “Select-A-Number” numbers are on the green line, so you only need to stick two more numbers to make your five-in-line winner. You won’t soon forget it if you fail to do so

Ask me anything about the game or come by to play it if you are local. If you need shipping, I’ve used Beltmann several times with good results. I can hold the game with a deposit for several months if needed.

https://www.beltmannlogistics.com/solutions/coin-op-and-gaming/

Miami Beach huge photo set:

https://www.pinterest.com/o_time/arcade-miami-beach/

My Miami Beach HD game play videos:

Coos Hakvoort video: applying a foil artwork to glass:

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/ ########## [phone number removed]62986835/

Item photos

use (8).jpeg
use (2).jpeg
use (1).jpeg
use (5).jpeg
IMG_1481.jpeg
Miami Beach bathing beauty on left playfield.jpeg
Miami Beach full left side view looking from rear to front.jpeg
Miami Beach legs.jpeg
main photo.jpeg
use (10).jpeg
use (3).jpeg
use (4).jpeg
use (6).jpeg
use (7).jpeg
use (9).jpeg
use.jpeg

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are BlackCatBone's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to BlackCatBone's stats page

Listing result

The seller marked this ad as "not sold". The item did not sell through Pinside so there's no listing result.

Item location

Okoboji, IA, US

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BlackCatBone.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-bally-miami-beach-bingo-pinball-machine-1955?tu=BlackCatBone and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.