Topic Stats

• 22 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by KHL
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 36 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Screen Shot 2017-01-07 at 6.54.15 PM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2017-01-07 at 6.53.21 PM (resized).png
IMG_0130 (resized).JPG
IMG_1035 (resized).jpg
IMG_1034 (resized).jpg
IMG_1033 (resized).JPG
IMG_1031 (resized).JPG
IMG_1032 (resized).JPG
IMG_1030 (resized).jpg
IMG_1029 (resized).jpg
IMG_1026 (resized).jpg
IMG_1028 (resized).jpg
IMG_1027 (resized).jpg
IMG_1025 (resized).jpg
IMG_1024 (resized).jpg
IMG_1021 (resized).JPG

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

#1 2 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Price

$ 2,500 (OBO)

Open for offers

for sale

For sale: Bally Fathom (project)

Added: January 6th, 2017 Ended: January 8th, 2017
Condition: Used - shows wear, needs some work

Item description

I've got a Bally Fathom project game up for grabs, it will need some work (wiring harness is from a Mr and Mrs Pac Man) but it was playing decently when I had it set up about 8 months ago (displays and audio were also fine). It's turned out to be a restoration project that's a bit beyond my skill set, this would make a fine player's machine with some work.

The playfield has had a few touchups done, not the best or worst I've ever seen, that's for certain and the cabinet is a repainted and stenciled Mrs and Mrs Pacman and looks ok, a new CPR back glass comes with the game (needs rails for the BG) it was spotless but upon looking at it the other day I noticed that the glass got a few slight nick in the upper right corner, see photos.

Please send an email with a phone # if you are interested in taking a look or want more details.

According to Pinside title is currently going for around 3900.00 and I think my ask on it is fair but I'm open to considering offers or potential cash + pinball trade scenarios as well.

Thx for reading my ad, cheers.

Item photos

IMG_1008 (resized).JPG
IMG_1010 (resized).JPG
IMG_1011 (resized).JPG
IMG_1009 (resized).JPG
IMG_1007 (resized).jpg
IMG_1012 (resized).JPG
IMG_1013 (resized).JPG
IMG_1014 (resized).JPG
IMG_1013 (resized).JPG
IMG_1014 (resized).JPG
IMG_1012 (resized).JPG
IMG_1011 (resized).JPG
IMG_1017 (resized).jpg
IMG_1016 (resized).jpg
IMG_1015 (resized).JPG
IMG_1018 (resized).jpg
IMG_1019 (resized).jpg
IMG_1020 (resized).JPG
IMG_1022 (resized).JPG
IMG_1023 (resized).jpg
IMG_1021 (resized).JPG
IMG_1024 (resized).jpg
IMG_1025 (resized).jpg
IMG_1027 (resized).jpg
IMG_1028 (resized).jpg
IMG_1026 (resized).jpg
IMG_1029 (resized).jpg
IMG_1030 (resized).jpg
IMG_1032 (resized).JPG
IMG_1031 (resized).JPG
IMG_1033 (resized).JPG
IMG_1034 (resized).jpg
IMG_1035 (resized).jpg

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Listing result

The seller ended this ad and indicated the game eventually sold for $ 2,000

Seller contributed to Pinside for selling this item!

Item location

Portland, OR, US

Seller insights

These are KHL's all time market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to KHL's stats page

#2 2 years ago

Not a bad pf considering how beat most of these are

#3 2 years ago

Looks like it will need a new Apron. Whoever buys this, please pm me to be put on the my list. Fathom will be made.

#4 2 years ago

Alright so it's a working game?

#5 2 years ago

Frankly, this is not a bad deal. Dang game is hard to find in any condition these days. All of this could be sorted out.

#6 2 years ago

Nice deal with the new backglass and all for the right person.Unrestored Fathoms dont pop up for sale that often.

#7 2 years ago

When I got it the game appeared to be working fine

#8 2 years ago

Where are you located, is it Portland?

#9 2 years ago

Does this have the original backglass as well?

#10 2 years ago

Seller says that the game is tentatively sold when I PM'ed. ?

#11 2 years ago

I was going to look at this today part cash part trade but recent interest here killed the deal. He now wants more cash lol.... Good luck

#12 2 years ago

someone went through the trouble of swapping a mr.mrs pac harness into this game? that had to be a huge undertaking.

#13 2 years ago
Quoted from Shoot_Again:

I was going to look at this today part cash part trade but recent interest here killed the deal. He now wants more cash lol.... Good luck

Hmm, I'd have to differ here and state that's not the case from my memory. This AM I informed you that I was going to insist on my original ask of 1K and your Spiderman down from your top offer 800 and your game, Just to be fair, I did text you this AM and give you the option of first refusal, also I never included any info that said cash offers were the reason why. Never did you claim we had a deal, you wanted a look. You had the opportunity to work a deal out, you said "I'm out" all up to you but let's not get it twisted, fair?

#14 2 years ago

I was to call you for address at 10-12. Sm plus 800 i just wanted to be sure of condition. You said ok to that price and chose the day foe me to view. After setting up a day and time you posted this thread here. Do to your overwhelming responses to this add uou reverted back to wanting 1K. That is just not the way you do things IMO. I called my tech buddy he agreed to work on this for me when i got it. Ill copy whole conversation here if you want?
Nothing finalized just a crappy way to do things. You contacted me saying i was next on this list. You agreed to 800 and my game after seeing all pics and details. You stated you would not go any lower so i said i would need to see fathom in person to be sure. So yeah no deal just setup day and time all details exchanged......

Should i go on or just stop and say good luck?

#15 2 years ago

Wait... You were gonna trade a Spiderman plus cash for this wreck? Unless, of course, your SM was also a wreck, I think you should stop and say good luck.

#16 2 years ago
Quoted from jahbarron:

Wait... You were gonna trade a Spiderman plus cash for this wreck? I think you should stop and say good luck.

https://pinside.com/pinball/community/pinsiders/shoot_again/collection

#17 2 years ago

I was gonna say, I couldn't fathom how that deal made sense and why the OP wouldn't be delivering this Fathom for that.

#18 2 years ago

?

IMG_0130 (resized).JPG

#19 2 years ago

Mr. Shoot Again Sir, I also had told you months ago that if you ever sold your FG I'd pay your asking price, obviously that didn't mean much to you.

As soon as Fathom was posted to Pinside I got several offers from people who claimed they wanted to pay my ask plus shipping, I went down the list in order received but before I did so I deferred back to you and informed you that at second thought I'd be asking the original 1K plus your game, it's called offer and counter offer and people go from there, I'm pretty easy to work with so next time please consider the specific situation and maybe don't go bitching on a forum and instead bring it to my face like a decent person. Yeah, I went back up 200.00 due to folks offering to pay 2500.. why you didn't counter offer or at least bother to make it over here and physically look at it is beyond me but it was your choice.

I consider myself to be a really reasonable guy, the only guy who followed through on communications with me made an offer of 2000.00 which I have accepted, he's welcome to the CPR BG for that price or for 2100.00 he can have his choice of either an OG glass (non perfect) or a completely perfect CPR glass.

I think it's pretty fair and I've described my game with all transparency, IMHO non Pascal carrying Spiderman is worth about exactly what Pinside suggests it's worth, which is 925.00 (screenshot attached)

P.S. Jah, thanks for your 2 cents.

Quoted from Shoot_Again:

I was to call you for address at 10-12. Sm plus 800 i just wanted to be sure of condition. You said ok to that price and chose the day foe me to view. After setting up a day and time you posted this thread here. Do to your overwhelming responses to this add uou reverted back to wanting 1K. That is just not the way you do things IMO. I called my tech buddy he agreed to work on this for me when i got it. Ill copy whole conversation here if you want?
Nothing finalized just a crappy way to do things. You contacted me saying i was next on this list. You agreed to 800 and my game after seeing all pics and details. You stated you would not go any lower so i said i would need to see fathom in person to be sure. So yeah no deal just setup day and time all details exchanged......

Screen Shot 2017-01-07 at 6.53.21 PM (resized).png

Screen Shot 2017-01-07 at 6.54.15 PM (resized).png

#20 2 years ago

Wonder why the photo isn't lit, lol. Harder to see the planking, right? I guess I could say GLWS for this one as it's been listed for months and months.

#21 2 years ago
Quoted from KHL:

Yeah, I went back up 200.00 due to folks offering to pay 2500..

#22 2 years ago

Yes, and then I sold the game for 2k WHICH IS HOPEFULLY PRETTY GODDAMN FAIR. Also, to S.A.... in all fairness, go ahead and paste in our text conversation if you like because that's not exactly what I said, I told you I could not do lower than 800 and your game, so yeah, after several emails I pushed it back to 1K and was ready to work with you, if you bothered to show of course, to which you said "might not make a deal but worth a look" (taken verbatim from your text) well, that sounds about as serious as nothing and unless I'm missing something it was completely open ended. I do my best to be fair and if I give my word I keep it.

Cheers!

Quoted from Shoot_Again:I was to call you for address at 10-12. Sm plus 800 i just wanted to be sure of condition. You said ok to that price and chose the day foe me to view. After setting up a day and time you posted this thread here. Do to your overwhelming responses to this add uou reverted back to wanting 1K. That is just not the way you do things IMO. I called my tech buddy he agreed to work on this for me when i got it. Ill copy whole conversation here if you want?

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside