Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.
Added: April 3rd, 2020
Ended: April 24th, 2020
Condition: Fully shopped/refurbished
For Sale: A nice example of the very-desirable pool themed Bally title from the early-80's - Eight Ball Deluxe! A full tear-down, bulletproofing, and EXTENSIVE shop job, was just completed (thought this one might be the one to get the best of me!) - the game looks great, and plays 100%.
The PCB work completed is as follows, the game is running ALL of its original boards:
- POWER SUPPLY: Replaced a bad fuse-holder, replaced all fuses with correct rate and burn type, re-flowed connector pins as-needed, replaced a bad bridge rectifier.
- SOLENOID DRIVER BOARD: Electrolytic filter capacitors replaced w/new, all components of the high voltage regulator side (transistors, rectifier, caps, diodes, resistors, pot) replaced w/new; replaced two driver transistors w/new, removed and serviced the flipper relay, replaced the 5V regulator, re-flowed connector pins as-needed.
- SOUND BOARD: Replaced all electrolytic capacitors w/new, Replaced all trim pots w/new, Replaced all chip sockets w/new, replaced U6 + U7 + U13 chips w/new, replaced U3 + U4 + U5 EPROMS w/new, replaced the almost-unobtainable U8 TMS5200NL speech synthesizer chip w/NOS, re-flowed connector pins as needed.
- MPU: On-board battery removed and memory-function restored with a Pinitech NVRAM; replaced 2 40-pin chip sockets + 2 24-pin chip sockets, replaced U2 + U6 EPROMS, replaced the 6800 MPU chip (U9), replaced the 6821 PIA chip, replaced transistors at Q1 + Q5, and re-flowed connector pins as-needed.
- AUX LAMP BOARD: Replaced 1 female connector + re-pin'd corresponding male pins on PCB, re-flowed all other connector pins as needed.
- ORIGINAL DISPLAYS: Re-flowed connector pins. All the displays are bright and clear, and the voltage at which they run has been reduced to preserve them. In the photos, they do not show that way due to the way my new iPhone camera captures images. I can send a video of the displays on request.
- LAMP DRIVER: Replaced 1 female connector + re-pin'd corresponding male pins on PCB, re-flowed all other connector pins as needed.
- SOLENOID EXPANDER PCB: Replace Bad Relay, re-flowed connector pins
The Additional/General Shop-Work Completed Is As Follows:
- Complete top-side tear-down - all plastic-posts soaked/hand-scrubbed;
- Playfield/plastics extensively cleaned, polished, and waxed;
- 2X, 3X, 4X & 5X Drops replaced with new game-correct targets - under playfield mechanism completely disassembled, cleaned & adjusted;
- All playfield & backbox GI lighting replaced with Comet LED's (feature lights/flashers still incandescent);
- Replaced one pop-bumper spoon;
- All new rubbers installed;
- New pinball installed;
- New coin-door lock installed.
Please review the pictures for additional condition details, and don't hesitate to reach out with any questions, or if you would like to see supplementary photos with any specific detail. The original playfield appears to have had day-one mylar installed, and is beautiful! There are no cracked or broken plastics, and the original back glass is exceptional. The cabinet shows its age, and has wear - but is very-solid, and visually respectable in my opinion.
The game is located in Central Pennsylvania, just off I-80. Pickup is highly preferred, but shipping is not out of the question if the buyer makes all arraignments, and payment-in-full has cleared my account before the game leaves my possession. I can also recommend a very reasonable amusements shipper I use, and have had very-good luck with, who can usually move pins to most any-door east of the Mississippi for ~$275. This shipper is temporarily shut down due to the health pandemic, but does anticipate getting back on the road soon.
Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!
The seller ended this ad and indicated the game eventually sold for $ 3,000
Seller contributed to Pinside for selling this item!