i5 (resized).jpg
IMG_4055 (resized).jpg
IMG_4054 (resized).jpg
i1 (resized).jpg
h (resized).jpg
g (resized).jpg
f (resized).jpg
e (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PSUTownie.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#1 3 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Game - for sale

For sale: Bally Atlantis

Added: 2020-11-15 19:43:48 UTC • Ended: November 22nd, 2020
Condition: Fully shopped/refurbished

Price

$ 2,500

For Sale: A nice and fully working example of one of the last made, and less-common, Bally 6803 games from the late 1980's - Atlantis! This title is one of the most underrated games out there, in my opinion, and is every bit as fun and feature filled as the system-11 games that replaced it. A full tear-down, bulletproofing, and shop job, was just completed - the game looks great, and plays 100%.

Details of the work is as follows:

• SOLENOID DRIVER BOARD: The two electrolytic filter capacitors were replaced w/new, and all connector pins were inspected and re-flowed as-needed.

• MPU: The dedicated rechargeable battery was removed, and the memory-function restored with a new Weebly NVRAM - all connector pins were inspected and re-flowed as-needed.

• DISPLAYS: The original plasma displays are bright and clear, and the voltage at which they run has been reduced to preserve them during future use.

• SHOP JOB: Details of the general shop-work completed is as follows:

- 90% of the playfield & backbox lighting was replaced with new Comet LED's. Most of the inserts are color matched, and all of the GI lighting was changed over to cool white, to give it a more modern look. This game has a very innovative and neat feature called "red-mode". When the player reaches multi ball, the game has a second set of red GI lighting that illuminates, and the rest of the standard lighting goes dark. All of the red-GI lighting was replaced with new Comet red LED's. The row of jackpot feature-lighting on the right side of the head is still incandescent, as are all the flashers. I am real happy with the way it turned out, and was surprised to see that there was no ghosting issues in the feature lights with the 6803 system;

- Complete top-side tear-down;

- Multiple under-playfield wiring-hacks restored to factory configuration;

- New translite glass (Marco), and translite trim and lift channel installed. The original translite was taped to a piece of plexiglass when I found this machine. I did the best I could to clean and restore the translite before putting it back behind glass; however, there is still some dried/hard tape residue on the edges. I did not want to get too aggressive with the translite finish, for fear of damage. The residue cannot be seen from the front, or when lite.

- Playfield cleaned, polished, and waxed;

- All playfield rubbers were replaced w/new;

- All nylon post-cap acorn nuts replaced w/new;;

- New chrome, System-11, half ribbed legs installed;

- New leg levelers, black leg protectors, and leg bolts installed;

- New custom-style instruction/pricing cards w/new acetate covers installed;

- New grounded cord plug installed;

- New pinballs installed;

- New coin door lock installed.

Please review the pictures closely for additional condition details, and don't hesitate to reach out with any questions, or if you would like to see additional photos of a specific area. The original playfield is exceptionally nice, and appears to have had day one mylar over much of it. The mylar is still clear and is not lifting, and the inserts it covers have largely not sunk or separated from it. The original playfield plastics are clean and undamaged. The cabinet is solid and without any water/moisture damage; however, it is admittedly a little rough on this example. The reds and yellows are completely bleached out from the front, and right side, of this machines artwork. The left side still shows some of the red/yellow, but is also faded to a lesser extent. I took a picture of this pin where I found it, and it explains the cab fade perfectly - it was blasted by sun from a window in the warehouse where it spent the latter part of its life. The cabinet decals are also peeling around the legs, and most of the corners contain some bumps/bruises. New cabinet decals are, almost-surprisingly, available for this title - but in a lineup, it still looks pretty good. The lock catch/hasp from the translite lock was missing on this machine, so I did not replace the original, drilled, backbox lock. I am looking for the part, as they don't seem to be readily available, and will replace the lock and install the catch if I find one before the machine sells.

IN REGARD TO THE CORONA VIRUS PANDEMIC: This pin is currently located in my clean, dry, and climate controlled warehouse. If a meaningful deposit is received, you're more than welcome to leave it there until such a time when you are comfortable picking it up. In that scenario, I do reserve the right to at least one or two games a week though! If you would like to get it into your lineup ASAP, I am open to a pickup anytime, and we can easily abide by all of the recommended practices for interaction. You can drive right into the building and almost right up to your new machine. I have all the lifts/dolly's/carts needed to make loading it a breeze. I will leave it as you're call, and I will respect and accommodate what ever you de

Item photos

A (resized).jpg
B (resized).jpg
C (resized).jpg
C1 (resized).jpg
C2 (resized).jpg
D1 (resized).jpg
d (resized).jpg
e (resized).jpg
f (resized).jpg
g (resized).jpg
h (resized).jpg
i (resized).jpg
i1 (resized).jpg
i3 (resized).jpg
i2 (resized).jpg
i4 (resized).jpg
i5 (resized).jpg
i6 (resized).jpg
i7 (resized).jpg
i8 (resized).jpg
i9 (resized).jpg
i10 (resized).jpg
i11 (resized).jpg
i12 (resized).jpg
i13 (resized).jpg
IMG_4055 (resized).jpg
IMG_4054 (resized).jpg

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are PSUTownie's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to PSUTownie's stats page

Listing result

The seller ended this ad and indicated the game eventually sold for $ 2,500

Seller contributed to Pinside for this listing!

Item location

Bellefonte, PA, US

Related shop items!

Interested in this game? Also check out these related Pinside Shops items!

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PSUTownie.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-bally-atlantis-1?tu=PSUTownie and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.