9E6749B4-7527-4AFA-9966-D399597ADF3F (resized).jpeg
7CAA3547-E344-4FB1-A97E-E41A2326876A (resized).jpeg
EFF61F40-DDB8-4C20-BD60-DD5188C282FA (resized).jpeg
2A45D565-129B-4692-B2AD-AD9BC94E5AC2 (resized).jpeg
B0BB96E8-46F8-4AA7-86D8-A24095B3634A (resized).jpeg
ADEAAC84-FC74-48B7-94F4-0488F6AEBF69 (resized).jpeg
5F233A0F-FD24-4E25-ABFA-5A978C6F1D31 (resized).jpeg
15948D6A-B8BE-4E97-B17D-42929EB2C630 (resized).jpeg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 170 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.
#51 2 years ago

Bad Cats has been an undervalued game for a long time and the pinball market is currently at an all time high; while the asking price is too for me, I'm actually surprised its not sold already. GLWS and congratulations to the new owner!

#52 2 years ago

Good luck. I saw pictures of his decal job and process and It was done right. Game looks great.

#53 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinphila:

Good luck. I saw pictures of his decal job and process and It was done right. Game looks great.

Something I doubt I’ll ever do again. My God what a pain in the ass

#54 2 years ago

Is this the same guy that’s been searching for a Grand Lizard for the last half a decade and will criticize anybody that has it priced over $2500??? Asking for a friend. Glwts

#55 2 years ago

I will redo the cab at some point. It was a good deal, enough...it was FILLED with white mold which has been abated but it was a process. Needs ramps as well but I'll get to that someday.

#56 2 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

Is this the same guy that’s been searching for a grand Lizard for the last half a decade and will criticize anybody that has it priced over $2500??? Asking for a friend. Glwts

Yeah its the same douche. Price pumpers finally put him over the edge and he's been on a low key pity retirement party for a wHile now. Just put them all up for sale wo we don't have to listen to this same shit each time.
Or....come back to the Price Police. We need you more than ever.

#57 2 years ago

GLWS

91C149D6-2781-4D0F-B617-18AB3468994B.gif91C149D6-2781-4D0F-B617-18AB3468994B.gif
#58 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Yeah its the same douche. Price pumpers finally put him over the edge and he's been on a low key pity retirement party for a wHile now. Just put them all up for sale wo we don't have to listen to this same shit each time.
Or....come back to the Price Police. We need you more than ever.

How about you lick my sweaty balls, huh?

#59 2 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

How about you lick my sweaty balls, huh?

That's official police business only

#60 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:That's official police business only

Clearly you’d know.

Why don’t you make an informed comment about what you think I should list for given the base price of these plus all the extra crap instead being your normal condescending self? You’re a waste of data bro.

#61 2 years ago

GLWTS I tried to like this game. I really did. Just couldn't get into it

#62 2 years ago

Any pics of the boards, inside of cabs, under cabs and back of pin, under PF etc?

#63 2 years ago
Quoted from Bud:

Any pics of the boards, inside of cabs, under cabs and back of pin, under PF etc?

I can do. Need to pull it out of its spot

#64 2 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Why don’t you make an informed comment about what you think I should list for

here's your informed comment to the guy selling a $4650 Flintstones:

"Way to pricey. Most would prefer a stern pro I’d think at that price."

sounds like sage advice to me!

C'mon.. you HAVE to see the irony in your ad.

#65 2 years ago
Quoted from bigehrl:

here's your informed comment to the guy selling a $4650 Flintstones:
"Way to pricey. Most would prefer a stern pro I’d think at that price."
sounds like sage advice to me!

And that prob was too much IMO for a fs at the time.

Why dont you give your informed opinion as to the price of the current game with its upgrades instead of searching my ancient posts?

#66 2 years ago

I can’t understand why an all knowing Price police person needs feedback on a fair price. You could have gone out of the hobby by selling your game based on your perpetually low pricing like 2400.00 OBO. Somehow soliciting advice frees you from years of price bs. I saw this coming as did most pinsiders paying attention, hence the comments.
Price is fair for what it’s worth.

#67 2 years ago
Quoted from pindel:

Price is fair for what it’s worth.

Counterpoint:

You’d have to have your fucking head examined paying over $2500 for a Bad Cats.

Goddamn that felt good. I guess I understand why people do it now.

#68 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

You’d have to have your fucking head examined paying over $2500 for a Bad Cats.

I get that comment based upon gameplay. But bad cats is seen more as collectible for its rarity and art I believe. I’m not a fan of playing it.

#69 2 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

I get that comment based upon gameplay. But bad cats is seen more as collectible for its rarity and art I believe. I’m not a fan of playing it.

People just can’t get enough of their cats. That’s pretty much the attraction I think. Some people just really have cat fancy!

#70 2 years ago

Watching

#71 2 years ago

Maybe he’s looking for Canadian $$$?

Looking through sales archives your not even close.
Normally I don’t get involved in price policy shit,but Blackbeard you have pick apart everyone games for years looking for the perfect game for cheap money.

How many years did you look for a Diner?

#72 2 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Why dont you give your informed opinion as to the price of the current game with its upgrades instead of searching my ancient posts?

i'm not usually one to tell people what THEIR game is worth. take my advice, it's a better way to live. but fine, you want a reality check that badly? you got it...

the highest documented Bad Cats sale that I could find was a very nice original (nicer than yours) sold for $3200. granted, that was in 2018. But unless your machine suddenly became nicer than the photos you posted, and Bad Cats doubled in price when I wasn't looking, then you're way off. as a matter of fact, the avg range for Bad Cats in any year, in any condition seems to range from as low as $1800 for a beater, to $3700 for partially restored or very nice condition original. $4500 MAX.

i have no idea where you get the notion that beaters were selling for $3500 all day long. But I just don't think that's accurate. Even if yours is a little nicer than the NICEST one ever listed, I think $2000-$2500 above that is way off.

so there ya go. that's my informed opinion. and I never would've offered it, unless you begged for it.

#73 2 years ago

Bad Cats. I’m new to this hobby and site but that theme is weird as fuck. If it’s still sitting around in a few months, I might throw an offer in.

#74 2 years ago
Quoted from shlt_thunder:

Bad Cats. I’m new to this hobby and site but that theme is weird as fuck. If it’s still sitting around in a few months, I might throw an offer in.

Play one before consider buying one.

#75 2 years ago
Quoted from bigehrl:

i'm not usually one to tell people what THEIR game is worth. take my advice, it's a better way to live. but fine, you want a reality check that badly? you got it...
the highest documented Bad Cats sale that I could find was a very nice original (nicer than yours) sold for $3200. granted, that was in 2018. But unless your machine suddenly became nicer than the photos you posted, and Bad Cats doubled in price when I wasn't looking, then you're way off. as a matter of fact, the avg range for Bad Cats in any year, in any condition seems to range from as low as $1800 for a beater, to $3700 for partially restored or very nice condition original. $4500 MAX.
i have no idea where you get the notion that beaters were selling for $3500 all day long. But I just don't think that's accurate. Even if yours is a little nicer than the NICEST one ever listed, I think $2000-$2500 above that is way off.
so there ya go. that's my informed opinion. and I never would've offered it, unless you begged for it.

And I appreciate your opinion instead of your personal bashing.

Like the ad clearly reads its obo and to make an offer bc I myself don’t know what this is worth. I’ve heard 6500. I also ist received a pm at 10k which I thought was wicked high.

I’m more into letting
The market decide instead of guessing. As I said I don’t know as it’s a hard pin to figure.

#76 2 years ago
Quoted from bigehrl:

the highest documented Bad Cats sale that I could find was a very nice original (nicer than yours) sold for $3200.

I’d also be curious where you found an original cab in better shape.

#77 2 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

never bashing. all in good fun. we're NY'ers, we gotta stick together.

Quoted from Blackbeard:

I’d also be curious where you found an original cab in better shape.

i just did a quick arm-chair search of the archived pinside listings. i'm sure there plenty more if i really dug into it. not to mention many sales that we aren't privy to.

#78 2 years ago
Quoted from bigehrl:

just did a quick arm-chair search of the archived pinside listings

What was the name of the seller with the sale in 2018 with a better cab and nice than this for $3200. Curious.

#79 2 years ago
Quoted from Madmax541:

Play one before consider buying one.

I may be in the minority here and maybe I didn’t play enough games on it, but after 5 minutes of playing, I walked away.

#80 2 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Like the ad clearly reads its obo and to make an offer bc I myself don’t know what this is worth. I’ve heard 6500. I also ist received a pm at 10k which I thought was wicked high.
I’m more into letting
The market decide instead of guessing. As I said I don’t know as it’s a hard pin to figure.

10k? Where the F do these people get this money?

#81 2 years ago
Quoted from Cmjb13:

I may be in the minority here and maybe I didn’t play enough games on it, but after 5 minutes of playing, I walked away.

I think that was his point. Zzzzz

#82 2 years ago
Quoted from Cmjb13:

i wouldn't give someone $1200 for one if i had to buy it on gameplay alone.

#83 2 years ago

$6500 for a badcats. thats when you know the hobby has went to hell!

#84 2 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

I've been a price police at times.

Understatement of the year on Pinside.

#85 2 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

I’m more into letting

I call bullshit on the excuse it’s hard to price… you want 6500 so just say it. I mean there’s only 2,750 Grand Lizards so just slightly more than Bad Cats and you knew how to lowball all the time on that machine. Just trying to bump your thread a bit and mess with ya. I hope you get close to sling bump

#86 2 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

I call bullshit on the excuse it’s hard to price… you want 6500 so just say it. I mean there’s only 2,750 Grand Lizards so just slightly more than Bad Cats and you knew how to lowball all the time on that machine. Just trying to bump your thread a bit and mess with ya. I hope you get close to sling bump

It is hard to price. I think, on average, pinside is a good indicator of pricing. But on some pins their pricing is way way off. This is one pin I say that reflects.

Look at my last 4 ads. All pins were sold at reasonable prices. This one is a tough one to figure.

I had asked another on here what to list for and they said shoot for $6500. I too thought that was a tad high but I’ve been out of the game for awhile. That why I tried to make the ad known I’d listen to offers.

I get the hate for the policing thing. But when I have in the past, it’s been on pins I truly believed were overpriced. I’m not so sure this one is given the condition and rarity.
I also know the time and effort I put into the cab making it just right. It was a supreme effort. And if you’ve never restored a cab, give it a try. It’s satisfying when complete but something I won’t do again. It’s that intensive.
Just let me see what it sells for. I always list sale prices.

#87 2 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

I doubt I’ll make the show this year. I’m just kind of getting out of a hobby and it’s like a 6 Hour Dr.

yea, if your getting out of the hobby Allentown would be a terrible trip. I guess you could sit at the farmers market and eat all day.

#88 2 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

$6500 for a badcats. thats when you know the hobby has went to hell!

A freaking Stern POTC sold for $10k on facebook a few months back. That is when I knew it was gone.

#89 2 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

yea, if your getting out of the hobby Allentown would be a terrible trip. I guess you could sit at the farmers market and eat all day.

I’m going to hang onto my taxi and pinbot. My two favorite pins.

#90 2 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

I’m going to hang onto my taxi and pinbot. My two favorite pins.

both great. I am thinking about selling all mine but a few.

#91 2 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

both great. I am thinking about selling all mine but a few.

I’m going thru a difficult stage of my life and the hobby has just become too much. Lugging pins. Anxiety over making them work right. Shopping them. Just losing steam is all.

There is part of me that doesn’t wanna sell bad cats. I was impressed w what I was able to do with it and it, as a project, got me thru a very difficult time.

#92 2 years ago

In a world where Fish Tales are selling for over $6k is this really a terrible price. A nice BC is much more rare.

#93 2 years ago

I love when someone calls TheLaw a dickhead or that they’ll shut his big mouth for him(RIP WhoDey)and he upvotes them. Makes me laugh every time.

#94 2 years ago

I bought my BC in similar (very nice condition) in Jan ‘19 for $3500. Pinside average price at the time was low $1850/high $2150. Pinside pricing now is low $2400/high $2800. I figure Blackbeard ’s BC will sell for $4560.

#95 2 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

I bought my BC in similar (very nice condition) in Jan ‘19 for $3500. Pinside average price at the time was low $1850/high $2150. Pinside pricing now is low $2400/high $2800. I figure Blackbeard ’s BC will sell for $4560.

But you could get a HUO stern pro for that !!!!!
Gonna have to call the price police in on this one.

#96 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

But you could get a HUO stern pro for that !!!!!
Gonna have to call the price police in on this one.

Ok dude. Enough. We get it.

#97 2 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Ok dude. Enough. We get it.

Ha! I think I remember saying that to you about 20 times.

Didn’t really seem to work.

You were fucking relentless dude.

#98 2 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

I’m going thru a difficult stage of my life and the hobby has just become too much. Lugging pins. Anxiety over making them work right. Shopping them. Just losing steam is all.
There is part of me that doesn’t wanna sell bad cats. I was impressed w what I was able to do with it and it, as a project, got me thru a very difficult time.

Dont sell it brother......I wish I never sold my restorations, I always think back about all the time I put into them and now their gone......

#99 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Ha! I think I remember saying that to you about 20 times.
Didn’t really seem to work.
You were fucking relentless dude.

Yeah thats pretty funny coming from the king of shit slinging in fs threads. What goes around comes around.

#100 2 years ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

Dont sell it brother......I wish I never sold my restorations, I always think back about all the time I put into them and now their gone......

Still have that taxi.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 49.00
Playfields
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 49.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 19.99
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 170 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-bad-cats-19/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.