3247A2FE-7DB5-4DBC-AB53-FC612D5E79C5 (resized).jpeg
3E6B0822-8033-48F3-9048-FE030ED98400 (resized).jpeg
5EDF3E9C-80B5-4680-ADC8-0337652B2B88 (resized).jpeg
408B91C8-9117-481B-8736-B3841E6AAB78 (resized).jpeg
2F11FECA-BBFF-49F7-B78E-C858F4803BDA (resized).jpeg
884BAD11-97B6-4321-B3C2-6EDDB93FE705 (resized).jpeg
DDB5F5DE-CF34-41CE-A380-92F6189388C1 (resized).jpeg
5BB253B1-0D9E-4DA4-B8F2-D359D766E8ED (resized).jpeg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has expired, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 144 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 2 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

It's not Christopher Lloyd either, if you look really close you might recognize who it really is

Who is it? Vid?

#102 2 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

Who is it? Vid?

Gary Stern if I recall.

#103 2 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

Who is it? Vid?

Quoted from gdonovan:

Gary Stern if I recall.

Gary Stern was dressed up as Doc in the ad for the game. Its Christopher Lloyd in the art on the game.

#104 2 years ago
Quoted from Zartan:

I’m a newer member here. I find that there is so much prejudiced attitude towards “new members”. Someone who has been here longer is in some way better than a “newbie”.

Yup, that's how the vibe is here. And that's how it usually is on any forum. The newbies with the low post counts never know anything. The Pinsiders with 10,000 useless posts with a 7 year old account who attribute nothing constructive to this forum, group together and act like their own gang, who only laugh and joke with themselves while picking on the peons.

#105 2 years ago
Quoted from Flipper_McGavin:

Yup, that's how the vibe is here. And that's how it usually is on any forum. The newbies with the low post counts never know anything.

I don't think they are criticized for not knowing anything, but when one attempts to sell ice to Eskimos and at a price more than double the going rate, and when it is the very first post, it just comes across as ignorance / arrogance or both.

"Better to Remain Silent and Be Thought a Fool than to Speak and Remove All Doubt"

#106 2 years ago

Yup, that's how the vibe is here. And that's how it usually is on any forum. The newbies with the low post counts never know anything. The Pinsiders with 10,000 useless posts with a 7 year old account who attribute nothing constructive to this forum, group together and act like their own gang, who only laugh and joke with themselves while picking on the peons.

The topic of why everybody hates noobs was covered in some detail recently. Lots of good points here!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-the-hate-for-newbies

My explanation points as to why everybody hates noobs were as follows. Please note the following are for entertainment and educational purposes only:

1. The poorer / more frugal types like to announce themselves with "I am brand new to this hobby and and the only games I'm interested in owning is a mint condition MB, MM, or TZ, or a brand new GNR. WHY ARE THEY SO EXPENSIVE? Is this a hobby for rich people?" which disrespects not only the hundreds of pinball machines that aren’t the 4 they want, but also the overwhelming percentage of hobbyists here who are not rich.

2. They post the same dumb threads over and over, seriously thinking they are the only geniuses to ever wonder which games are overrated or underrated or what theme we'd like to see or why the Pinside 100 isn't to their liking, or to ponder whether or not we are in a bubble and, in fact, if it will burst.

3. They crowd up an already crowded hobby driving up prices and further sucking up all the games.

4. I'm now middle aged and I hate everybody.

5. They type way too goddamn much and think we seriously want to read their 2,000 word essays that boil down to "pinball machines are expensive" or "why won't someone sell me a MM cheap?" We really don't care about the minute details of your life or the complex intellectual process behind your conclusion that "games shouldn't dimple" or "you see, pinball is kinda like cars..."

6. THey tend to be the worst fanboys. You rarely see a 15 year vet camping out in a Stern thread whining about how much better a JJP game is or vice versa as if their life depends on convincing the rest of the world of it. It's always people who have been around 3 years and think we give a shit about their unfettered todyism and banal cheerleading.

7. It'll come to me and I'll add it in here. Edit - yeah, the fucking cargument. Why are human beings universally unable to compare anything to anything else that isn't a car? It begs the question, did analogies even exist before the invention of the car? Or were people dumbfounded, saying things like “butter churns are like...um...uhh...gosh nabbit!!!! Someone better invent some kind of horseless carriage so I can complete this sentence!!”

8. They like to rage vent with some 2,000 word post about an ebay or craigslist deal gone sour, as if it hasnt happened to all of us a dozen times, or as if any of us give a shit about the boring details or as if the 65-year old woman who wronged them will actually come here to read it.

9. Like most people, they almost always think they are funny, and like most people, they aren't.

10. Constant demands for code updates and an almost universal lack of understanding of how business works, exemplified by demands that "Stern should cut their prices $1,000!" or "Why can't pinball machines cost less, but have way more stuff in them, also they should be way more complicated, but also be way more reliable!" You know, insane shit like that which is either impossible or would put any pinball company under in about a month.

#107 2 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

For sale, Volcano, works nice and has factory mylar, $2000. Ad in the marketplace.
(Hey, seems like a good place to put a reasonably priced pin

Also selling a shopped Grand Lizard! $2000 which is exactly Pinside average - we should just turn this into a normally priced for sale thread haha

#108 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

3. They crowd up an already crowded hobby driving up prices and further sucking up all the games.

That is the only fact that matters.

The hobby created a few dozen good shows over 20 years (pre-c*vid) to 'spread the joy' of pinball to new people, and we did too good a job of it. The Freeplay show in Orlando, like ReplayFX and some others, had a wide variety of genres from pinball to vids to new console gaming to old console gaming to game related arts and crafts. TONS of crossover with new younger people getting hooked on pinball crack and paying whatever asking price a game has on it.

FWIW I think most of the crazy newb posts are actually fake accounts by regular members to stir sh* t up or downvote people. Once after I posted in a thread I noticed almost immediately I had 4 new downvotes in other dead threads by someone who's been a member for YEARS and never made a post, only downvoted a bunch of people over time. And I don't consider members who've made 100+ posts 'newbs', that seems like someone whose been around here enough to know how things in the pinball hobby work.

MM

#109 2 years ago
Quoted from miracleman:

The hobby created a few dozen good shows over 20 years (pre-c*vid) to 'spread the joy' of pinball to new people, and we did too good a job of it.

I think we need to dial this raging popularity back with a new "Pinball Sucks" campaign. Let's go!

#110 2 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

I think we need to dial this raging popularity back with a new "Pinball Sucks" campaign. Let's go!

Nobody likes pinball anymore, it's too popular!

#111 2 years ago
Quoted from Atari_Daze:

I don't think they are criticized for not knowing anything, but when one attempts to sell ice to Eskimos and at a price more than double the going rate, and when it is the very first post, it just comes across as ignorance / arrogance or both.
"Better to Remain Silent and Be Thought a Fool than to Speak and Remove All Doubt"

I understand that a newer member trying to “sell ice to Eskimos” is ridiculous, However there is a 6 year veteran trying to sell an Addams Family(really rough shape by the way) for $55,000. It’s not about us “noobs” gouging it is a very specific type of person new or old that wants to crash the party. Grouping the “noobs” together with the a#*h@&es is quite frustrating. I have met and talked to some AMAZING Pinsiders that will bend over backwards to help.

#112 2 years ago

The topic of why everybody hates noobs was covered in some detail recently. Lots of good points here!
My explanation points as to why everybody hates noobs were as follows. Please note the following are for entertainment and educational purposes only:

I don’t think I would waste my time reading any of the nonsense that was posted in a forum dedicated to uneducated hate. I would like to say that most of the “noobs” I’ve had contact with took the time and energy to research what we were getting into(COVID gave me more time to read than I’d like to admit). If you are comparing pinball machines to cars it’s actually quite similar. Purists against everyone that want to modify their cars or pinball machine to the look or feel the way they want.

#113 2 years ago
Quoted from Zartan:

I’m a newer member here. I find that there is so much prejudiced attitude towards “new members”. Someone who has been here longer is in some way better than a “newbie”. I have always wanted a pinball machine. The funds were never available. I used my money for vacations rather than pinball machines. I’ve played pinball machines every time I passed one by. The Covid pandemic stopped my vacationing abilities, so that money went into my first purchase. I have listed and sold a machine through Pinside. I did my homework before I even considered placing it for sale. I searched the archives and compared mine to previous sales. I don’t know how he came up with this price point. I do see that it is absolutely ridiculous. It has nothing to do with being a “newbie”. More to do with lack of common sense or inability to read the archives for a realistic price point.
Rant over

Shaddup noob! j/k

#114 2 years ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

Gary Stern was dressed up as Doc in the ad for the game. Its Christopher Lloyd in the art on the game.

68DDBFFF-DE34-4D60-B476-0B270A8FA741 (resized).jpeg68DDBFFF-DE34-4D60-B476-0B270A8FA741 (resized).jpeg
#115 2 years ago
Quoted from Zartan:

I understand that a newer member trying to “sell ice to Eskimos” is ridiculous, However there is a 6 year veteran trying to sell an Addams Family(really rough shape by the way) for $55,000.

True, but that was that users very first post!

#116 2 years ago

So, where did the OP of this thread go?

Must be busy respondimg to PMs from interested buyers.

#117 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

1. The poorer / more frugal types like to announce themselves with "I am brand new to this hobby and and the only games I'm interested in owning is a mint condition MB, MM, or TZ, or a brand new GNR. WHY ARE THEY SO EXPENSIVE? Is this a hobby for rich people?" which disrespects not only the hundreds of pinball machines that aren’t the 4 they want, but also the overwhelming percentage of hobbyists here who are not rich.
2. They post the same dumb threads over and over, seriously thinking they are the only geniuses to ever wonder which games are overrated or underrated or what theme we'd like to see or why the Pinside 100 isn't to their liking, or to ponder whether or not we are in a bubble and, in fact, if it will burst.
4. I'm now middle aged and I hate everybody.
5. They type way too goddamn much and think we seriously want to read their 2,000 word essays that boil down to "pinball machines are expensive" or "why won't someone sell me a MM cheap?" We really don't care about the minute details of your life or the complex intellectual process behind your conclusion that "games shouldn't dimple" or "you see, pinball is kinda like cars..."
6. THey tend to be the worst fanboys. You rarely see a 15 year vet camping out in a Stern thread whining about how much better a JJP game is or vice versa as if their life depends on convincing the rest of the world of it. It's always people who have been around 3 years and think we give a shit about their unfettered todyism and banal cheerleading.
7. It'll come to me and I'll add it in here. Edit - yeah, the fucking cargument. Why are human beings universally unable to compare anything to anything else that isn't a car? It begs the question, did analogies even exist before the invention of the car? Or were people dumbfounded, saying things like “butter churns are like...um...uhh...gosh nabbit!!!! Someone better invent some kind of horseless carriage so I can complete this sentence!!”
8. They like to rage vent with some 2,000 word post about an ebay or craigslist deal gone sour, as if it hasnt happened to all of us a dozen times, or as if any of us give a shit about the boring details or as if the 65-year old woman who wronged them will actually come here to read it.
9. Like most people, they almost always think they are funny, and like most people, they aren't.
10. Constant demands for code updates and an almost universal lack of understanding of how business works, exemplified by demands that "Stern should cut their prices $1,000!" or "Why can't pinball machines cost less, but have way more stuff in them, also they should be way more complicated, but also be way more reliable!" You know, insane shit like that which is either impossible or would put any pinball company under in about a month.

#8 is number one on my rage list

The other one that gets me is: They are more likely to try and pass off an obviously routed machine as home use only. And the counterpart: the guy that states that the WPC-95 can't possibly be home use only because of the hasp mounts.

#118 2 years ago

Must be the pinball auction shill biding price or there is an extra zero on that.

#119 2 years ago

Folks this is just another J/O that is trying to get topic attention and I'd say it worked.

#120 2 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

So, where did the OP of this thread go?
Must be busy respondimg to PMs from interested buyers.

Yeah right, good one LMAO

#121 2 years ago

Yeah except you're the guy that appeared out of nowhere, claimed to know more about pinball sales than anyone despite being completely off base and wrong, and then claiming you were better at restoring games than one of the most, if not THE most respected restorer in the game, despite you not even knowing who he was. So yeah, I can see why your experience was a little rough as a noob, and still continues to be.

#122 2 years ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

Yeah except you're the guy that appeared out of nowhere, claimed to know more about pinball sales than anyone despite being completely off base and wrong, and then claiming you were better at restoring games than one of the most, if not THE most respected restorer in the game, despite you not even knowing who he was. So yeah, I can see why your experience was a little rough as a noob, and still continues to be.

A guy says he went with a reproduction playfield for his AFM because the VUK hole was too worn on the original. I said the only reason someone would do that is lack of ability, and that I can fix that instead of resorting to reproductions. How else am I supposed to interpret that? Reproduction parts are a last case resort, they shouldn't be your only resort. Shortly after, I got the rolling eyes and a link to a resumè. I said the pictures in the link look nice.... maybe I should take that back, fine-tooth comb the pictures and just start criticizing like every other 10k poster does on public ads.

#123 2 years ago
Quoted from Zartan:

I’m a newer member here. I find that there is so much prejudiced attitude towards “new members”. Someone who has been here longer is in some way better than a “newbie”. I have always wanted a pinball machine. The funds were never available. I used my money for vacations rather than pinball machines. I’ve played pinball machines every time I passed one by. The Covid pandemic stopped my vacationing abilities, so that money went into my first purchase. I have listed and sold a machine through Pinside. I did my homework before I even considered placing it for sale. I searched the archives and compared mine to previous sales. I don’t know how he came up with this price point. I do see that it is absolutely ridiculous. It has nothing to do with being a “newbie”. More to do with lack of common sense or inability to read the archives for a realistic price point.
Rant over

That was an eloquent and well thought out response.................for a newbie.

#124 2 years ago
Quoted from pinzrfun:

That was an eloquent and well thought out response.................for a newbie.

Versus someone calling turbo2nr an amateur because of an exposed stadium light wire on a nicely restored Earthshaker. 2,151 posts... each new post must be more useless than the previous.

#125 2 years ago

Very surprised this new Stern BTTF Super LE hasn't sold yet. This is someone's opportunity to get one of these versions without having to submit a video application for why they are worthy to purchase one.

#126 2 years ago

Non-LE’s are the new LE’s.
It was made in the 1990’s, so it is vintage. It is a hipster machine and you all will rue the day that you passed on it. Do you need more reasons to buy?

#127 2 years ago

Man I think Back to the Future the Pinball is a highly underrated Pinball game. I personally value it at $3600. I got a hold of one for $1800 probably five years ago. Yeah when I see a post like this I figure they’re not even trying to sell it. I know the game is not super complex, but it is tons of fun!

#128 2 years ago
Quoted from FlippyD:

Just ignore the assholes. Like seriously, just use the "ignore" tool. Before you know it PinSide will be just a bunch of helpful and nice people. I've got about 100 people ignored and the vibe is great.

Testes...testes...1....2....

Just seeing if I'm on ignore.

#129 2 years ago

This is 100 times worse than the BAYWATCH a few years ago for sale

1 month later
#130 2 years ago

Would this be a record price for a Data East game? I am guessing not.... but I don't know of any that sold for more. There are a few obscure DE games aren't there?

#131 2 years ago
Quoted from Haymaker:Gary Stern was dressed up as Doc in the ad for the game. Its Christopher Lloyd in the art on the game.

Also, did you guys notice that the guy dressed up as Marty is Joe Kaminkow? Pretty neat. Man, he was young when he got started in Pinball.

a0117d5b30d8b35c7289cb14282f7c1719cf9f1d (resized).jpga0117d5b30d8b35c7289cb14282f7c1719cf9f1d (resized).jpg

#132 2 years ago

Better go back in time and get MJFox on the game!

#133 2 years ago
Quoted from NC_Pin:

Would this be a record price for a Data East game? I am guessing not.... but I don't know anything that sold for more. There are a few obscure DE games aren't there?

I would guess King Kong would be on the high end if any ever come up for sale. Micheal Jordan only had 5 games made and would also bring a small fortune. Then there is the Spelling pinball.

#134 2 years ago
Quoted from freeplay3:

I would guess King Kong would be on the high end if any ever come up for sale. Micheal Jordan only had 5 games made and would also bring a small fortune. Then there is the Spelling pinball.

I knew I was forgetting something!

#135 2 years ago

There's also that "Desert Storm" game they made out of a Checkpoint I believe.

DE was the king of oddball one-offs!

#136 2 years ago

The O.P. hasn't made a single post except the start of these insane For Sale ads.
Are these a weird joke?
Is the OP this uninformed about pricing?
Is the OP suffering from delusions?
I just don't get it.

#137 2 years ago

Bump!

Quoted from RCA1:

The O.P. hasn't madeca single post except the start of these insane For Sale ads?
Are these a weird joke?
Is the OP this uninformed about pricing?
Is the OP suffering from delusions?
I just don't get it.

Maybe it sold. One can only hope!! If not, GLWTS!

#138 2 years ago

You can actually buy a used DeLorean for much less than this game...

#139 2 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

But does the car work? It appears this pin does!

#140 2 years ago

Did I just get teleported to Banning?

#141 2 years ago

Your advertising in the wrong place rookie

#142 2 years ago

A post like this makes me wonder what for sale ad has the most comments?

#143 2 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

A post like this makes me wonder what for sale ad has the most comments?

Legless Imamaculate Baywatch has to be in the running.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-baywatch-nearly-imamaculate

#144 2 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

Um. Maybe a project. Definitely not a running one.

There are 144 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has expired, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-back-to-the-future-the-pinball-23/page/3?hl=flipper_mcgavin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.