EB1C3520-D2D2-4BEB-BBA4-2F38752FD335 (resized).jpeg
03181863-0A14-4665-BC6A-0376558D1015 (resized).jpeg
B556943E-1491-4178-9858-DA6C82039ED9 (resized).jpeg
12E13486-9904-463A-B286-589E28DF71E1 (resized).jpeg
67C606AD-7D2C-41B1-AE2B-F5FA5D660A99 (resized).jpeg
88671348-B274-4155-97D9-40EEBC713895 (resized).jpeg
32C78F0D-40EE-45D4-B128-281AB88606E8 (resized).jpeg
7CB01C5A-C60B-4C91-8601-603149A96E6D (resized).jpeg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 78 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 4 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Game - for sale

For sale: Back to the Future: The Pinball

Added: 2020-01-28 23:00:00 UTC • Re-listed: 1 time (July 16th, 2020) • Ended: July 24th, 2020
Condition: HUO - Undocumented (Home Used Only)

Price

$ 2,500 (Firm)

Price is firm

SOLD

Data East Back Future Machine. I have owned it for roughly 15 years. I’ve never had it gone over because it was more of a conversation piece instead of entertainment. I also don’t have knowledge on machines to start messing with it myself and chance messing something up so I have left it in tack. Everything works. The cosmetic damage is shown. Key for coin box is missing but we have played it without using coins. I would prefer local pick up in Maryland.

Item photos

3429E21D-FFC4-4F88-8171-5063E533275F (resized).jpeg
B4A21F7A-6B68-448F-8718-FECBFABE179C (resized).jpeg
E3E986A9-1F1F-4C72-8B4E-9C5F02936516 (resized).jpeg
7CB01C5A-C60B-4C91-8601-603149A96E6D (resized).jpeg
32C78F0D-40EE-45D4-B128-281AB88606E8 (resized).jpeg
12E13486-9904-463A-B286-589E28DF71E1 (resized).jpeg
B556943E-1491-4178-9858-DA6C82039ED9 (resized).jpeg
E9BEE220-ED82-42CB-AA90-CD8F42CCCB61 (resized).jpeg
EB1C3520-D2D2-4BEB-BBA4-2F38752FD335 (resized).jpeg
03181863-0A14-4665-BC6A-0376558D1015 (resized).jpeg
3B54BABE-4F59-4B86-A061-AF1FD2A7C520 (resized).jpeg
ADF777BA-2503-461F-AAB6-5765B7468D57 (resized).jpeg
7F30DA4F-1A26-4C66-B880-AD75F3073435 (resized).jpeg
88671348-B274-4155-97D9-40EEBC713895 (resized).jpeg
67C606AD-7D2C-41B1-AE2B-F5FA5D660A99 (resized).jpeg
1ED0A1B2-E1C0-42F8-AA0C-B74D483937AA (resized).jpeg
F65DC75C-96C9-42E6-9750-E9ABE9B9FBD1 (resized).jpeg
7BC431BC-F199-4407-8A05-833D6619CD83 (resized).jpeg

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are Back2Future's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

N/A

Go to Back2Future's stats page

Listing result

The seller marked this ad as "not sold". The item did not sell through Pinside so there's no listing result.

Item location

Harwood , MD, US

Related shop items!

Interested in this game? Also check out these related Pinside Shops items!

$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

#2 4 years ago

paging @blackbeard, paging @Blackbeard... Cleanup in aisle 4.

#3 4 years ago

he's proud of it, that's for sure!

#4 4 years ago

A few things...
Use your flash with the glass off the game or use an additional light source.
Get a LOT closer with your phone to take the pics.
Reduce price.

The pictures are so bad that you can't even tell the condition of your game. Would you list a car for sale and take pics of it in your dark garage?

#7 4 years ago

Is the username included with the machine?

#8 4 years ago

Is the backglass signed??

#9 4 years ago

This is just dumb. Almost as if he’s priced it at this just to make a bashing thread.

#10 4 years ago

"perfect" ....

#11 4 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

Almost perfect condition??

Ha! I was just thinking the same exact thing.It would be 2.5 out of 10 on the condition scale

#12 4 years ago

He’s new, probably hoping it’s worth a lot. But, no.

#13 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

He’s new, probably hoping it’s worth a lot. But, no.

Haha! Someone needs to go back to the future and tell him it wasn’t worth this much when it came out Brand New in the box.

#14 4 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

Use your flash with the glass off the game

Something tells me the glass hasn't been off this game for quite some time.

#15 4 years ago

I'm surprised Back2Future is still a user name available

#16 4 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

Almost perfect condition??

No perfection condition totally different.

#17 4 years ago

I see why people want to be price police - because this is "almost perfect" example of it.

#18 4 years ago

HUO... lol. Must be a lot of crime in the neighborhood. Why was a security bar on the machine at some point? Or maybe the hole filled with the large bolt by the coin door was put there by accident.

#19 4 years ago

Already listed, and also mentioned the keys are gone.

That bolt in the front of the cab does not look very HUO.

#20 4 years ago
Quoted from gac:

security bar

Beat me by 12 seconds.

#21 4 years ago

Well don't forget the flipper button in place of the start button.

#22 4 years ago
Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

"almost perfect" leaves room for minor flaws.

#23 4 years ago

Price drop 3500 or OBO

#24 4 years ago

Great Scott!

#25 4 years ago

In this condition with the pictures shown, is $2000 about right?

#26 4 years ago

I see a Data East trend.... will wait for the remake aka BTTF LE. This year marks the 35th anniversary of the movie & 30 years of the pin !

IMG_3798 (resized).JPGIMG_3798 (resized).JPG
#27 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I'm surprised Back2Future is still a user name available

I’m not. That game is HORRIBLE. I’m sure PopeyesvsEarth is still out there too

#28 4 years ago

Damn. Some of you guys on here have issues. So the cabinet has a couple bumps and chips in it? Big deal. Game isn’t perfect or even near perfect, but doesn’t look in horrible shape to me.

The guy/gal is obviously not a collector, and everybody these days is asking stupid money for games. Prices on BTTF have been high for a couple years now.

One was just listed near $4k on here a few months ago that was shopped, but also had dings, touch ups and imperfections on the cab. Maybe that one is what this person used as a guide.

#29 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Damn. Some of you guys on here have issues. So the cabinet has a couple bumps and chips in it? Big deal. Game isn’t perfect or even near perfect, but doesn’t look in horrible shape to me.
The guy/gal is obviously not a collector, and everybody these days is asking stupid money for games. Prices on BTTF have been high for a couple years now.
One was just listed near $4k on here a few months ago that was shopped, but also had dings, touch ups and imperfections on the cab. Maybe that one is what this person used as a guide.

Oh Colson.

#30 4 years ago

Last time you started shit with me your next thread was one saying you were quitting Pinside because it sucked and selling all of your games. You wanna go down that road again? I can’t have an opinion about something?

#31 4 years ago

Does this game come with an original shaker?
shaker.gifshaker.gif

#32 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Last time you started shit with me your next thread was one saying you were quitting Pinside because it sucked and selling all of your games. You wanna go down that road again? I can’t have an opinion about something?

Oh you can, I just brutally disagree with you.

#33 4 years ago
Quoted from SilverballSleuth:

Oh you can, I just brutally disagree with you.

And you can. Just don’t agree with the mainstream masses like it makes any difference on here.

Tell me pin aficionado, what is so “brutally” horrible about the condition of this game from the pics? Enlighten me.

#34 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

And you can. Just don’t agree with the mainstream masses like it makes any difference on here.
Tell me pin aficionado, what is so “brutally” horrible about the condition of this game from the pics? Enlighten me.

I brutally disagree, the game itself is not “brutally horrible.” Read before you ask me a question - saves us both time.

Look at the front of the cab. Look at the dings. Look at previous sales. This is a “joke” listing Colson.

It’s blatantly obvious buddy. Not an aficionado by any stretch, common sense takes me to this conclusion, why didn’t it take you there?

EDIT: I’m being an ass for no reason. Sorry Colson.

#35 4 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

I see a Data East trend.... will wait for the remake aka BTTF LE.

Your comment made me realize just now ahead of their time Data East was.

It's taken over 30 years for the pinball themes nobody who played pinball really cared about or wanted back then to become popular today.

#36 4 years ago

It’s blatantly obvious buddy

I’m not your buddy.

Look at the front of the cab. Look at the dings. Look at previous sales. This is a “joke” listing Colson.

A joke? Front of the cab isn’t bad. Common security bar holes (that can be filled), minor dings. Small chunk/chip on backbox that can easily be repaired.

Pics of PF aren’t great with glass on, but it looks OK from what is there. BG looks just fine, no areas of flaking.

The last ten sold on here ranged from $2500 - $3500. So not sure where you’re going with that misplaced, inaccurate statement.

Did you offer this seller $2500 and he/she said no?

common sense takes me to this conclusion

You obviously have very little based on the above.

#37 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

I’m not your buddy.

A joke? Front of the cab isn’t bad. Common security bar holes (that can be filled), minor dings. Small chunk/chip on backbox that can easily be repaired.
Pics of PF aren’t great with glass on, but it looks OK from what is there. BG looks just fine, no areas of flaking.
The last ten sold on here ranged from $2500 - $3500. So not sure where you’re going with that misplaced, inaccurate statement.
Did you offer this seller $2500 and he/she said no?

You obviously have very little based on the above.

Read the edit Colson.

#38 4 years ago

Read the edit Colson.

After you post that I have no common sense? I don’t care what you edited.

Maybe don’t talk out of your ass or slight me in the first place, then I won’t have to respond and discredit what you say.

Don’t join the gallery in bashing unnecessarily. You’re better than that. If this game was listed at $5k or $6k, I may have commented like an ass. But it wasn’t.

I remember when for sale threads actually had good questions and answers about the game being sold. Not just a bunch of people either stroking the sale for one of their buddies, or bashing the condition, price, LED choices, etc.

#39 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

The advice to the seller to take better pictures is good. The advice to the seller that the game is worth $2,000 is not.

The thing about price policing is not everybody is a career vet in the force like Blackbeard. Maybe people aren't even officers yet. But when they see a full on blitz like this with 30 people chiming in, there's safety in numbers and everybody wants to dive in the pool.

The pics suck and the price is high but I do think the monkey pile on this one is pretty harsh. BTTF is a VERY sought after title. Yes it's a shit game but there's only one BTTF game and this is it, and people love the theme. I'd love to have a few for home retail sales, but lets face it, they hardly ever pop up.

#40 4 years ago

I think most people are having a problem with it being listed as HUO when it obviously isn't.

#41 4 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

I think most people are having a problem with it being listed as HUO when it obviously isn't.

He's a newbie and probably had no idea what that even means. It's home use only for him!

#42 4 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

He's a newbie and probably had no idea what that even means. It's home use only for him!

I offered a fair price via PM. Which is all one needs to do.

#43 4 years ago

Oh wow, he's only been on pinside for a day. And he donated all ready as well. I think most of the criticism of the ad is fair, but it's certainly not a very welcoming set of posts.

#44 4 years ago

He should have sold this overpriced, outdated POS on E-bay or Craigslist, and signed up on pinside and announced he was getting a Rick and Morty, then he would have had instant credibility.

#45 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

He should have sold this overpriced, outdated POS on E-bay or Craigslist, and signed up on pinside and announced he was getting a Rick and Morty, then he would have had instant credibility.

lmao! maybe they will ask him to join the pinball network too!

#46 4 years ago
Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

Um... in the seller's defense, that's actually factory.

#47 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Don’t join the gallery in bashing unnecessarily. You’re better than that.

Wanna know why I price bash? Because the average guy is priced out of pinball with perpetuations that a game like this is worth $4K.

I price bash because it’s the consensus of our community that price gouging in the hobby is out of control.

I price bash to protect others, and frankly, myself.

If this goes on his local Craigslist, and some individual gives him $4K, okay. Don’t do it in our house.

Slight you? Come on Colson.

Also, you know very well - my original leaving pinside had nothing to do with you. Classy move to bring that up.

My mom got a cancer diagnosis, I got an *insane* pay cut at my job, and I wasn’t in a good place.

I came to somewhere on the internet that provides entertainment and familiarity and someone named Colson made it less appealing for me at that moment for whatever reason. Am I mad at you? No. Why the fuck would I be?

I created a thread, thanked everyone and left.

I came back because a bad action, comment or misunderstanding obviously isn’t an indicator of a community.

I’m saying this with Peace & Love - and to everyone, including internally - do not twist words and do not take simple shit for granted.

SUMMARY - This game isn’t worth 4K. Thank you. OP - GLWS at $2350.

#48 4 years ago

Unnecessary. This whole thing is silly. Let’s just play pinball.

#49 4 years ago

Don’t do it in our house.
Slight you? Come on Colson.

Our house? Dude, your douchebaggery continues to amaze. This is a website for anybody, it’s not the T-Bird’s or some other boys club. You get all bent out of shape when people bash you about something, but somehow you think it’s OK to just pile on and bash everybody else.

my original leaving pinside had nothing to do with you.

Ok.

I came to somewhere on the internet that provides entertainment and familiarity and someone named Colson made it less appealing for me

Wait, I thought you just said it had nothing to do with me?

perpetuations that a game like this is worth $4K.
I price bash because it’s the consensus of our community that price gouging in the hobby is out of control.
I price bash to protect others, and frankly, myself.

So you are the self-designated Pinside superhero? New people come in and post games for stupid insane prices, and so do longtime members. So you go into every thread that someone is selling a Seawitch or some other old SS game for $4500 and tell them they are crazy or stupid? Or that they are ruining the hobby? Show me those posts Mr. Advocate. I don’t see any in your forum history.

I am the first one to dislike where pricing has gone, and post about it. I think BTTF is a 1500 to 1800 game at most. But it no longer is. That’s just the way it is. If you don’t like the price, don’t buy it.

My problem is when you and other people start bashing this guy to make him think his game is some piece of shit, in horrible shape and not worth anything, when that is not the case.

SUMMARY - This game isn’t worth 4K. Thank you. OP - GLWS at $2350.

And you end your post with more douchebaggery. Good to see that you haven’t changed at all. You post a ton of bullshit, then post an edit saying that you have “better things to do.”

Levi’s post above made the most sense. I have yet to see you point out what is wrong with this game from the pictures that justified you and the other people bashing it? A couple chips in the cab? Because you can’t.

Next thing are you going to start referring to yourself in the third person all over again, or posting cartoons about yourself and your hobby adventures. Please don’t.

#50 4 years ago

Can you guys get a room? I can feel the sexual tension from here. Take it to DM.

OP, do as others have suggested. Better lighting and closeups of all areas of the playfield with the glass off.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 18.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 78 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-back-to-the-future-the-pinball-17?hl=wamonkey and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.