(Topic ID: 136925)

For sale: BACK to the FUTURE! it's 2015, TIME TO SELL!

By Ericpinballfan

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 130 posts
  • 56 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Gorno
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

The-Secrets-of-Selling-Like-a-Skeazy-Slimy-Used-Car-Salesman.jpg
Fish_Tales_Pinball_Reel_Rubber_replacement_059.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
c6c95d77e0dc5b3e6d3e877cac701fa76fc23a2e.jpg
lol.gif
2015-07-17 11.19.03.jpg
2015-07-20 19.34.53.jpg
2015-07-20 19.31.44.jpg
2015-07-20 19.35.15.jpg
2015-07-17 11.23.12.jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 130 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 8 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

...I just can't imagine you guys actually rolling up to somebody in person and saying all this stuff.

probably because non of us would "roll up" to a FT for 5k.

#52 8 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

probably because non of us would "roll up" to a FT for 5k.

Lol!!!!!! True

#53 8 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Wickerman2, your the best. It's just my price guys. I know what I paid, I know I put a lot into it, only because another seller didn't tell me everything that was wrong with it. I've had it awhile, making room for more pins. I love this machine. Don't care if it sells or not. I don't do this to make money or profits, it's pinball, not an investment.
The corner tabs, came with it! They are brass, never bothered me, half heartedly looked for more for the back of upper cab, only has the 2 fronts.

Aurich-You haven't seen the Capt Fantastic at Alameda Ca pinball museum. Pacific Pinball Museum. Great Place, 5k will get you there Capt Fantastic! It's nice!

Well it sucks when you overpay and have to dump more money into it to get it to where it needs to be im sure its happen to all of us . I know when its happen to me I just get what I can out of it and move on to the next and hopefully it don't happen again but I do it for fun and to play pinball . Sometimes you win sometimes you lose or break even but it is a hobby . Not to many hobbies you can play the crap out of something and get back what u paid but I guess most people expect it now?

#54 8 years ago

Telling you, if you thought about selling it, do it, Ebay will take your money!

If he could sell it for 3K on ebay, minus 25% for ebay and paypal fees = 2250 - "free shipping" $500 = $1750 to the seller.

I'd be in at $1750, why pay the middle man?

#55 8 years ago

I don't know about the overpriced comment. I took out the mint, I get it! Still 4k! I guess mint would make it 5k! I appreciate everyone's opinions. Fox news needs you!

#57 8 years ago

Ebay over $2500 is only $250, buyer fees tap out at $250 and the $2500 mark.

#58 8 years ago

Ebay over $2500 is only $250, buyer fees tap out at $250 and the $2500 mark.

Good thing you know ebay well bc thats the only place you may have a chance to find that one person that wants your excellent condition pins

#59 8 years ago

4k for a BTTF? For that price, might I assume that you modded it into an actual time machine?

#60 8 years ago

It's a Nice Fish Tales, Fully shopped, all new boards, Full led, that monster fish mod worth $50 bucks all buy it self. Recent decal set, done a decal set there guys?, that along if you've done it, adds $1000 in my time and work alone.

So without all of that a fish tales is worth $4,000? Whoa! thank god I don't buy in the American market!

#61 8 years ago

All the prices in California seem to be 2k or better overpriced compared to east coast. That's why I started a thread called has the sun gone to there heads. But there is somebody that will pay probably. Best of luck.

#62 8 years ago

I had a damn nice Fish Tales, Did not need new decals as it had no fade. It was full led and gorgeous. Sold it to a buddy for 2500. Anyone else I would have charged 2750.

#63 8 years ago

image.jpgimage.jpg

#64 8 years ago

3 hours, 2 offers, Getting closer Pinsiders.

#65 8 years ago

Nice you have some buddies to sell cheap Fish Tales to 24, too cheap. What year was that?

Quoted from foxtj24:I had a damn nice Fish Tales, Did not need new decals as it had no fade. It was full led and gorgeous. Sold it to

#66 8 years ago

I bought my FT for $2k in California last year...

#67 8 years ago

Thanks Buzz, Don't care. That price is out of time and decade. Even if marked today. Pinside gets pricing so wrong sometimes.

#68 8 years ago

image.jpgimage.jpg

#69 8 years ago

Jean-Luc- What did you flip it for?

#70 8 years ago

Beaumont, buzz, maybe sun is getting to you.

#71 8 years ago

Nice you have some buddies to sell cheap Fish Tales to 24, too cheap. What year was that?

about 6 months ago

#72 8 years ago

Jean-Luc- What did you flip it for?

I dont flip... I own to play, never selling it.

#73 8 years ago

This is getting entertaining..in Hollywood any press is good press. Thanks for the busy thread gang. Now 3 offers!

#74 8 years ago

Sorry OP but this is as close as you'll ever get to 4k.

Bump

image.jpgimage.jpg

#75 8 years ago

When did you move to SoCal Teekee? I kind of like your alter-ego though.MintyFresh Send Money Now.

#76 8 years ago

I love my Fish Tales too, That's why it's 5k. Don't see any for sale around here for 2k or 2.5k. Been awhile..are we stretching the truth?Fish Tales Pinball Reel Rubber replacement 059.JPGFish Tales Pinball Reel Rubber replacement 059.JPG

#77 8 years ago

That money is already in my wallet, Now put your life savings in a bank. Don't invest in pinball.

#78 8 years ago

For saleIN Orange County Ca. Serious clients only.

Wish I wasn't closer. GLWS!

#79 8 years ago

Eric is right the only other fish tales listed is 5,995.00 so 5 could be a bargain.

#80 8 years ago

I love my Fish Tales too, That's why it's 5k. Don't see any for sale around here for 2k or 2.5k. Been awhile..are we stretching the truth?

It's hard to see any Fish Tales for sale if you don't look.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/archive?s=1&radius_latitude=38.794919961612685&radius_longitude=-86.95063209533691&keywords=fish+tales&ad_condition=0&machine_type=&ad_machine_manuf=&years=&radius_distancekm=322&sort_by=ad_time_placed&sort_order=DESC#results

In the last two months, 4 out of the six were between 2k and 3.1k. Two of them were even in California.

#81 8 years ago

What you put into your game does not drive up what the game is worth. If it's a $2k game and you bought it for $2k and put another $1k into it, it's still a $2k game. Sucks but that's how it is.

#82 8 years ago

Wickerman2, your the best. It's just my price guys. I know what I paid, I know I put a lot into it, only because another seller didn't tell me everything that was wrong with it. I've had it awhile, making room for more pins. I love this machine.

Curious how long you have had it?

#83 8 years ago

I have a Batman with that same story

#84 8 years ago

What's frustrating is there all pinners that don't even have BTTF on there wishlist.

You will find very few on pinside have BTTF on their wishlist. Plus, some people here find it annoying when a brand new member tries to sell a way overpriced pin here thinking that we are all suckers. You reference Medieval Madness to justify your high price. Thats like trying to sell an ARod baseball card for 500k because you saw a Honus Wagner go for a million.

#85 8 years ago

Just out of curiosity Eric, would you honestly buy a fish tales in the same condition for say $4,300 and think you were getting a great deal and could then go and make $700 profit? If so, I don't want to buy your machines but I'm guessing you might have something else *wink wink* I'd like to buy a bag of.

#86 8 years ago

Damn OP you're a chatterbox. Come up for air once in a while.

#88 8 years ago

I joined Pinside just now, as I knew this story was a little off. So I messaged the OP asking how long he had owned the game. He told me 2 years. (And acted like a super paranoid crazy person in the messages, but whatever).

Anyway, buyer beware. Not sure what his deal is, but I would be careful spending money (not that this has much of a chance), with someone who starts lying right from the start.

Those little brass corners looked familiar.

I can't post links, as I am too new, but if you search SOLD Ebay listings "Pinball Machine", you might see something in California that sold for $2900 on June 3rd that looks familiar as well.

#89 8 years ago

What Kind of person does that to make There point. Machine wasn't sold. Transaction cancelled! I changed my mind. $4k.

#90 8 years ago

You should see what that person was doing, just dishonest person trying to make what point?

#91 8 years ago

I guess active pinside members can make new fast account, PM bomb you, Then Lie about it. Trying to prove there point through a lie. Can I report This?

#92 8 years ago

I guess active pinside members can make new fast account, PM bomb you, Then Lie about it. Trying to prove there point through a lie. Can I report This?

Don't try to sell games for double their value, and people won't f*ck with you. Simple enough.

#93 8 years ago

What Kind of person does that to make There point. Machine wasn't sold. Transaction cancelled! I changed my mind. $4k.

So what happened to the machine between now and June 29th that makes it worth $1100 more?

#94 8 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

You will find very few on pinside have BTTF on their wishlist. Plus, some people here find it annoying when a brand new member tries to sell a way overpriced pin here thinking that we are all suckers. You reference Medieval Madness to justify your high price. Thats like trying to sell an ARod baseball card for 500k because you saw a Honus Wagner go for a million.

BAM! See people, THAT's how it's done - cargument free! I applaud you and your non-auto analogy.

#95 8 years ago
Quoted from blakegiants:

And acted like a super paranoid crazy person in the messages, but whatever

And in this thread, IMO.

#96 8 years ago

Sorry OP. I'm not normally with the price police, but you are flat out delusional if you think those games in their condition are worth anywhere close to what you're asking.

I would normally say GLWS, but the only way that happens is if you take advantage of an uninformed buyer.

#97 8 years ago

I'm sorry but every time I read what the OP has to say, all I can hear in my brain is "step up, step up, whose going to be my sucker."
Glwts though.

#98 8 years ago

Earlier you posted you said Don't care if it sells or not. I don't do this to make money or profits, it's pinball, not an investment. then what is the extra $1100?

#99 8 years ago

Sorry been busy last couple hours, are these still for sale?

#100 8 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

My first pin was BTTF in California for $300!

I bet when that was your only pinball machine it sure got a lot of love.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfields
Mod Magic!

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 209.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 18.95
$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

There are 130 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-back-to-the-future-its-2015-time-to-sell/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.