(Topic ID: 136925)

For sale: BACK to the FUTURE! it's 2015, TIME TO SELL!

By Ericpinballfan

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 130 posts
  • 56 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Gorno
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

The-Secrets-of-Selling-Like-a-Skeazy-Slimy-Used-Car-Salesman.jpg
Fish_Tales_Pinball_Reel_Rubber_replacement_059.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
c6c95d77e0dc5b3e6d3e877cac701fa76fc23a2e.jpg
lol.gif
2015-07-17 11.19.03.jpg
2015-07-20 19.34.53.jpg
2015-07-20 19.31.44.jpg
2015-07-20 19.35.15.jpg
2015-07-17 11.23.12.jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 130 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 8 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Game - for sale

BACK to the FUTURE! it's 2015, TIME TO SELL!

Added: 2015-08-25 19:35:15 UTC • Ended: August 26th, 2015
Condition: Fully restored (full original status)

Price

Trade

IN Orange County Ca. EXCELLENT BTTF PIN. NEW rottendog Boards, LED, restored fully working 100% . Clean fun family Pinball. SUPER CLEAN. TAKE pride in rebuilding, cleaning, restoring my games. Contact me. Serious clients only. No phishing. That's Fish Tales and it's 5k, also mint.
Will consider Pinball Magic or Ripley's Believe it or not for Trade or cash, either direction.
BTTF=4k
RBG=3.5 k
Fish Tales=5k

Item photos

2015-07-17 11.23.12.jpg
2015-07-20 19.35.15.jpg
2015-07-20 19.31.44.jpg
2015-07-20 19.34.53.jpg
2015-07-17 11.19.03.jpg

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are Ericpinballfan's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to Ericpinballfan's stats page

Listing result

The seller marked this ad as "not sold". The item did not sell through Pinside so there's no listing result.

Item location

Anaheim, CA, US

#2 8 years ago

mint?? come on!

#3 8 years ago

Pics are too blurry to tell....but I can see a bolt in the lockbar drill hole. MINT!?

#4 8 years ago

Cool Topper

#5 8 years ago

You may want to set your Delorean ahead at least 20 years to get those kinds of prices

#6 8 years ago

This one looks pretty good for $1,500: houston.craigslist.org link

The BOP is for sale also.

#7 8 years ago

YES, You see the 2 custom blue bolts and paint job! Mint?? Damn close!
THANKS pinhead stones, It lights up too!
Will take more pics,that one is a little blurry.
MikeS-1990 price was $3995, dealer rep would deliver and set up for $1000 more. Miss Data East service Department and Techs. Would always answer phone for any dumb question. Fast forward in Delorean 25 years later. Collector Quality.
$4k for condition, complete rebuild seams Just right.
LOCAL SALE TRADE ONLY?

#8 8 years ago

Forgot- New Pinscore Dual 16 Display. There's more. I'll make a list for the Nay sayers.

#9 8 years ago

Jopper- Now I have a problem, Wish I was in Houston, I would get that. Like the reflective back board color sticker. Might copy that!

#10 8 years ago

I sold a MINT HUO only Back to the Future for $2500 last year. Good luck with the $4K ask though. Someone might pay it.

#11 8 years ago

THANKS Minneapolispin; So cal area only! Willing to trade for Ripley's or Pinball Magic.
You know you get a pin a good price, spend a Grand on it with all new modern upgrades, people complain about price. Buy used and do it yourself in stages. Or get tight machine all done. The choice is yours.
NEW LEDS,NEW PINCSORE, NEW Rottendog boards!

#12 8 years ago

EVERYTHING MUST GO!! THIS WEEK ONLY!! RARE! FEEL THE HYPE!

#13 8 years ago

Dude, just go back to your retail storefront and sucker an actor or singer. Nobody on this hobbyist forum is going to pay your ridiculous prices.

#14 8 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

Dude, just go back to your retail storefront and sucker an actor or singer. Nobody on this hobbyist forum is going to pay your ridiculous prices.

You never know there might be $2k in quarters in the coinbox. Or the Sports Almanac.

#15 8 years ago

I don't know. Done a lot of looking around on pinside 5 years before finally giving in to join. You seen some of the other prices on this Hobbyist Forum? I'm just surprised in general at pinball prices the past 5 years! Yes, 4k very fair, come out from KS and take a look. Visit Disneyland while your here. Drive home with the Keys to your new BTTF Pinball machine.

Quoted from jayhawkai:Dude, just go back to your retail storefront and sucker an actor or singer. Nobody on this hobbyist forum is going to pay your ridiculous prices.
Thanks for your support jayhawkai...

#16 8 years ago

Mint = painted bolts, cab damage.

I guess my games are SUPER MINT with all the cab damage I have.

#17 8 years ago

What is your definition of Mint? If you get a NIB game and play it for a week or so (very few games), clean it, and then put it back in a box it 'should' be in mint condition, but it probably won't be. If you open it and play it for 25 years - even HUO - it isn't mint. Even if you clean it often and well. Mint and New should look and be valued as the same.

If you restore it to peak condition it is in very good condition, but not mint. It is estimated that less than 1% of active pins are truly mint.

GLWS - game looks to be in good condition. Mint?

#18 8 years ago

The way this guy talks, makes me wonder if he is this guy?

lol.giflol.gif

#19 8 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Miss Data East service Department and Techs. Would always answer phone for any dumb question

They're still there. Same dudes.... Pat & Chaz at Stern!

#20 8 years ago

Goronic- Thank you, Agreed. Just Changed listing to Excellent. A lot of detailed oriented folks here on pinside. I like OCD, put it in all my machines.

#21 8 years ago

great scott Marty, a data east game is worth more then a NIB stern. Oh it's California. a big mac is 10 dollars there. I'm glad you finally gave in and joined.

#22 8 years ago
Quoted from cavalier88z24:

great scott Marty, a data east game is worth more then a NIB stern. Oh it's California. a big mac is 10 dollars there. I'm glad you finally gave in and joined.

My first pin was BTTF in California for $300!

#23 8 years ago

Goronic- Thank you, Agreed. Just Changed listing to Excellent. A lot of detailed oriented folks here on pinside. I like OCD, put it in all my machines.

How about routed, holes drilled, custom painted bolts!

#24 8 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

My first pin was BTTF in California for $300!

no way 300 bucks is a steal. I bought one for 1,000 3 years ago for a flip and it was a tough sell at 1500 bucks. but the way todays prices are he probably will get 4,000. to many people here on pinside with too much money.

#25 8 years ago

I so would of bought 10 at $300 bucks. SSrig, so many down votes from you, how about restored?..Trade you for your pinball magic!
Thanks cavalier88z24. Glad to join... I thought... until I posted this add. Never seen so much traffic for an add post. Should have started survey.
Jawhawkai, CAA just called, looks like pin might have an agent and press release.

#26 8 years ago

Less than 1 hour post, mostly negative, but a few nice folks here on pinside. Also, first offer from the Hollywood area. Sorry, I cannot go to $3200. Will deliver with in hour , 90 min drive of Anaheim for $4000, and yes you get the Time Circuits Topper mod!

#27 8 years ago

So if you start a sale thread people will just $#!* all over you if price is too high. BUT, if price is too low people will say it's a scam. Not sure why anyone would sell on pinside at this point. Why put up with the abuse? Put it on CL and wait. This is still a free country right?

#28 8 years ago

For as clean and as "minty" as you present this machine......and at a 4k ceiling price point....I'd suggest WAY better pics than the ones you currently have. If you've been a lurker on here for awhile than you should know the deal....close up detailed pics everywhere of the PF with the GLASS OFF, inside the cabinet, behind the translite, all around the cab.....maybe even a short video of the game in action. All I see is low res pics of a pinball machine sitting in someone's collection.

Im sure if all the work and love you put into will come through in the pics to show us how clean and restored this is as you say it is.....step up and do it right!!

I do wish you much luck on its sale. It's your game....sell it as you wish

#29 8 years ago

Thanks Wickerman2, See there are some nice folks on pinside. What's frustrating is there all pinners that don't even have BTTF on there wishlist. Besides, don't you look at machine and play it, and go through the settings and look at it before handing me a roll of hundreds? I prefer it in an envelop fyi.

#30 8 years ago

Pinballerchef- True better pictures coming, can't get to pinball dolly right now, it's under all those overpriced medieval madness's in garage.
Can't wait for those to go up more and post those adds here! But let's also keep in mind pinheads, CALIFORNIA ONLY! LOCAL ONlY. Your more than hour from me, why bother posting? Other than you can, it's America. Bring your pile of cash and see it in person.

#31 8 years ago

You are 2k overpriced and I have a BTTF. I would sell mine for 3k without even a 2nd thought. 2k for this title is even a stretch.

#32 8 years ago

You should put it on ebay for 3k and offer shipping. It will sell. Thanks for the KellyBlubook. Just so you know, pinside sales numbers a far less than accurate, I say always wrong, based on majority of sales are in person and negotiated.

#33 8 years ago

I'm gonna guess Chris knows how to sell a pin. Just a hunch.

#34 8 years ago
Quoted from Chrizg:

You are 2k overpriced and I have a BTTF. I would sell mine for 3k without even a 2nd thought.

Telling you, if you thought about selling it, do it, Ebay will take your money!

#35 8 years ago

5K for Fish tales? Does it come with $2500 in the coin box? What every you are smoking, sell that instead, you could make more money.

#36 8 years ago

But let's also keep in mind pinheads, CALIFORNIA ONLY! LOCAL ONlY. Your more than hour from me, why bother posting? Other than you can, it's America. Bring your pile of cash and see it in person.

Now now now....I have family in Cali. If I realllllllly wanted this pin and had the money I'd figure out a way to make it happen. Don't ever ASS-sume I could be a customer someday.....even on opposite ends of the country.

#37 8 years ago

It's a Nice Fish Tales, Fully shopped, all new boards, Full led, that monster fish mod worth $50 bucks all buy it self. Recent decal set, done a decal set there guys?, that along if you've done it, adds $1000 in my time and work alone.

#38 8 years ago

Recent decal set, done a decal set there guys?, that along if you've done it, adds $1000 in my time and work alone.

#39 8 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

So if you start a sale thread people will just $#!* all over you if price is too high. BUT, if price is too low people will say it's a scam. Not sure why anyone would sell on pinside at this point. Why put up with the abuse? Put it on CL and wait. This is still a free country right?

If I wanted to pay 2k or over for a machine I would probably check pinside first before CL. CL is for the bargains and projects. Pinside is for good playing to excellent condition machines. If you don't like the noise in the forums, I understand that the seller can disable the creation of a thread when they post the ad.

#40 8 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Pinside is for good playing to excellent condition machines.

Thus I'm offering it on pinside!

#41 8 years ago

I sell a fair amount of EM's and it may be the age group but EM guys hardly ever are this dickish about a sale...especially within the sellers thread.

#42 8 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

I sell a fair amount of EM's and it may be the age group but EM guys hardly ever are this dickish about a sale...especially within the sellers thread.

At least the seller seems to be enjoying it.

#43 8 years ago

Are those some type of brass corner protectors on your "super clean mint/excellent" backbox or just a part of your custom topper?

c6c95d77e0dc5b3e6d3e877cac701fa76fc23a2e.jpgc6c95d77e0dc5b3e6d3e877cac701fa76fc23a2e.jpg

#44 8 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

That's because EM people don't go HEY LOOK I HAVE A MINT CAPT. FANTASTIC, EXCEPT I PAINTED PARTS OF IT, A DEAL AT $5000.

#45 8 years ago

What's RGB a real nice EM for $3,500

#46 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

That's because EM people don't go HEY LOOK I HAVE A MINT CAPT. FANTASTIC, EXCEPT I PAINTED PARTS OF IT, A DEAL AT $5000.

Even if they did, the amount of random vitriol would be nowhere near the same...seems like guys just wait for sale threads to pounce. Very scary. Very. I'm afraid of the youth today...when I was a kid you could leave your door unlocked and nobody would yell at you for overpricing a DMD game.

#47 8 years ago

Wickerman2, your the best. It's just my price guys. I know what I paid, I know I put a lot into it, only because another seller didn't tell me everything that was wrong with it. I've had it awhile, making room for more pins. I love this machine. Don't care if it sells or not. I don't do this to make money or profits, it's pinball, not an investment.
The corner tabs, came with it! They are brass, never bothered me, half heartedly looked for more for the back of upper cab, only has the 2 fronts.

Quoted from Aurich:

Aurich-You haven't seen the Capt Fantastic at Alameda Ca pinball museum. Pacific Pinball Museum. Great Place, 5k will get you there Capt Fantastic! It's nice!

#48 8 years ago

Wolfy- Sorry RBG=Riverboat Gambler

#49 8 years ago

All the guys that pounce on the sale threads are downvoting...I just can't imagine you guys actually rolling up to somebody in person and saying all this stuff. Gotta love the internet.

#50 8 years ago

There's overpriced and then there's really overpriced and saying its mint condition .Most if not everyone on here is well informed on prices and conditions. Lately there have been a bunch of these kind of ads on here some without pics so e with crappy pics . This kinda stuff sld probably be listed on cl or ebay bc I seriously doubt it will sell on here and will get this kind of negative attention just about every time. Glws op but dont think pinside is the place for these sales but you sure can try .

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 10.00
Playfields
Mod Magic!

$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 209.00
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 18.95
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RavSpec

$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 18.95
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 130 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-back-to-the-future-its-2015-time-to-sell and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.