(Topic ID: 301817)

For sale: Attack From Mars (Remake - LE)

By Darth-Grayder

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 50 posts
  • 33 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Gribbs
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2021-10-07 at 5.16.20 PM (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RTS.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#19 2 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

This sir is where you're opinion isn't really legitimate.
The original is superior because it has user serviceable electronic parts.

Got it. The original is superior because when it breaks down, you can fix it. But yet the remakes don't have a pattern of parts failing.

I work on my old games too, but that's not how I determine superiority.

The updated bells and whistles with CGC added value for me and made the original version much less desirable. The play experience on the remake is superior.

In fact, a lot of the chatter on the original owners thread is how to mod them like the remakes.

The older games might be cheaper to repair. Doesn't make 'em better.

#35 2 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

Ha Ha keep believing it.... boy, just when you think you have seen it all....

Ha Ha yeah.

I've read about efforts to change to RGB leds, reproducing the topper, and enlarging the display.

Ha Ha. I'll keep believing it. Ha Ha.

#41 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballAir:

More importantly, how available will these non servicable boards be in 30 years?

I don't generally consider 30 years in the future as a valid factor in my game buying decision.

In 30 years, it won't be important to me at all.

But based on the previous 30 years, it's likely technology to repair will keep up.

#49 2 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

Yeah I remember you. You were the guy that was showed the door for going on and on and on and on about the remakes on the originals thread. You want to live in your own little world on here that's cool, but we're not buying it... literally!

Yeah sorry but I don’t remember you.

I must've made a pretty big impact on you to still be upset talking about it here.

People have different preferences. Glad you like your original. Doesn't bug me like it appears to bother you. It's as if you're trying to convince yourself about your game.

As long as you like it, that's great. No need to stress if everyone doesn't feel the same.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RTS.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-attack-from-mars-remake-le-98?tu=RTS and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.