(Topic ID: 184638)

For sale: Attack From Mars (Remake - Classic)

By ovfdfireman

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

afmmatrix (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider eryeal.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#17 7 years ago
Quoted from ovfdfireman:

No reason really, Dealers taking a small deposit on the Special and Classic to know they are serious buyers. The only reason why someone may want to preorder is because they will be first in line to get them. To some people that matters, getting one fast. People that commit to a game will have one placed in their name right way, and it will never go to stock.
I get why people don't want to pay up front (that's a choice), I also understand why dealers do not want to "call it sold" without a small monetary commitment. I expect only a few classics and a few specials out of the gate, so if I tell people I am sold out and send them to buy elsewhere, I want to be sure they are in fact sold.
It is very common to put 5-10% if you want to reserve or hold an item,that seems fair. However, that is clearly the buyers option whether they would like to hold one or not.
I am cool either way!

Actually there's one pretty significant difference I'm surprised you left out - in this case, the manufacturer requires the deposits from the dealers, who in turn require it from their customers. That's highly unusual, and it's a pretty clear play by the manufacturer to get an influx of cash prior to building.

#27 7 years ago
Quoted from ovfdfireman:

I think the dealer agreement is irrelevant. Regardless, deposits for LEs have been collected since Transformers LE, Stern required deposits on Batman 66 LE. JJP required full payments on games. I have games in stock, those are paid in full. If you want to buy a game there needs to money involved.
Deposits are simply a financial guarantee that your word is good. I would like some sort of commitment from you as a buyer if I am ordering you an $8000 game, with your trim selection etc. Especially on limited run games. I think that is fair. Though I am willing to talk with customers individually and accommodate.
Chicago Gaming has already bought the parts and is soon starting production, I don't think they are looking for cash as much as commitment. Once a dealer pays, the games are theirs, it eliminates cancellations etc.

I have no issues with deposits whatsoever - I was simply correcting the statement that "Dealers taking a small deposit on the Special and Classic to know they are serious buyers.", since it's actually dealers are taking a small deposit because the manufacturer is requiring it, not because they need to know they are serious buyers. I'm sure the deposit would be smaller than $1k from dealers if it weren't a manufacturer requirement, which is pretty much the norm.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 15.00
Cabinet Parts
Mödley Crüe

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider eryeal.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-attack-from-mars-remake-classic-1?tu=eryeal and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.