SAM_3574.jpg
SAM_3571.jpg
SAM_3570.jpg
SAM_3569.jpg
SAM_3568.jpg
SAM_3567.jpg
SAM_3566.jpg
SAM_3566.JPG

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#1 8 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Game - for sale

For sale: Attack from Mars (Bally, 1995) $5975

Added: 2015-12-02 20:54:18 UTC • Ended: January 6th, 2016
Condition: Used - shows wear but 100% working and clean

Price

$ 5,975

clean players afm

clean playfield (some touch up, some ghosting) far from perfect, but looks ok..

cabinet is re-decaled (amateur job, but presentable)

full leds, new coin door, chrome trim, chrome lock bar

game plays very fast with no issues or credit dot.

boards and display are good

Item photos

SAM_3566.JPG

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

http://rocklandpinball.com

Seller insights

These are Gwaxt72's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to Gwaxt72's stats page

Listing result

The seller ended this ad and indicated the game eventually sold for $ 5,975

Seller contributed to Pinside for this listing!

Item location

New York, NY, US

Location not recognised by our GeoCoder. Please double check the city name and state. If the problem persists, please contact us.

Related shop items!

Interested in this game? Also check out these related Pinside Shops items!

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

#2 8 years ago

pics

SAM_3566.jpgSAM_3566.jpg

SAM_3567.jpgSAM_3567.jpg

SAM_3568.jpgSAM_3568.jpg

SAM_3569.jpgSAM_3569.jpg

SAM_3570.jpgSAM_3570.jpg

SAM_3571.jpgSAM_3571.jpg

#3 8 years ago

more

SAM_3574.jpgSAM_3574.jpg

SAM_3575.jpgSAM_3575.jpg

SAM_3576.jpgSAM_3576.jpg

SAM_3577.jpgSAM_3577.jpg

SAM_3578.jpgSAM_3578.jpg

SAM_3579.jpgSAM_3579.jpg

SAM_3573.jpgSAM_3573.jpg

#4 8 years ago

bump, I thought this was a solid price for a decent original. it was also recently shopped

#5 8 years ago

Looks really nice to me for the price. I bought mine 11 months ago. Are people still holding out for remakes in 5 years?

What's up with those slingshot plastics, they look a little blotchy.

#6 8 years ago

You either exaggerated the crappiness of the decal job or the pictures don't show the errors during installation. Otherwise why would you bring up it was done by an amateur if it looks great?

Also no pics detailing the PF ghosting and touch ups. For 6K potential buyers want to see what's wrong. This isn't a $1000 project game, it's six thousand dollars.

Also a remake is inevitable and you're gonna have to list this at 2008 prices to move it. Especially considering the upgraded dots and features of MMR, remake 2 or 3 could offer even more upgrades over an original and people are waiting to see what that may be.

#7 8 years ago
Quoted from Taygeta:

You either exaggerated the crappiness of the decal job or the pictures don't show the errors during installation. Otherwise why would you bring up it was done by an amateur if it looks great?
Also no pics detailing the PF ghosting and touch ups. For 6K potential buyers want to see what's wrong. This isn't a $1000 project game, it's six thousand dollars.
Also a remake is inevitable and you're gonna have to list this at 2008 prices to move it. Especially considering the upgraded dots and features of MMR, remake 2 or 3 could offer even more upgrades over an original and people are waiting to see what that may be.

I see touch up by the SOL, and also the left inlane switch. If it doesn't sell instantly like many of his offerings, I'm sure he'll be happy to take more pictures and point things out for buyers.

Tired of hearing about the remakes. No additional remake will be announced till the last MMR has rolled off the line and we are years away from that. "2008 prices" were $2500 for an AFM with wear and $3500 for a nice players one. Ain't gonna happen. Ever. If you want an AFM, buy one. If you want an AFMr, wait it out and hope for the best.

#8 8 years ago
Quoted from Taygeta:

So...you're complaining because the description was honest?

The description said the decals were presentable, not great.No, it's not a $1,000 game...but it's also not a $9k high end restore.

Pretty simple..if you want more info, send a PM. If you just want somewhere to complain, move along.

#9 8 years ago

AFM is a 6k pin for a players model, and this pin is priced perfectly. I just paid 5 for a project one that I'll have to put 2-3k into to make it look perfect. You don't like the high prices on AFM? Get a lesser game.

#10 8 years ago

Gwaxt is one of the most well respected sellers on Pinside. I think you're critiquing the wrong seller here.

If I'm ever in the market to buy again and can't find local, Gwaxt would be my first call.

#11 8 years ago

Most games in the $5K+ category are taking a while to move, lately. It's priced well and it'll sell. He'll enjoy the free bumps and eventually get the asking price.

#12 8 years ago

I want to move to New York just to buy this guy's pins.

#13 8 years ago

Great price like always from this seller

#14 8 years ago

Plus it has chrome trim and lockbar which isnt cheap .. also pin blades with matching backboard decal. Seems like a deal to me

#15 8 years ago

Bump... cause i want it.... but am out of room.

#16 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

AFM is a 6k pin for a players model, and this pin is priced perfectly. I just paid 5 for a project one that I'll have to put 2-3k into to make it look perfect. You don't like the high prices on AFM? Get a lesser game.

I agree. The price for this game in this condition is very fair. People just want AFM for 2k and I don't care if Rick does a AFMR.

#17 8 years ago

Yeah with the chrome and new coin door, this is a good deal, his prices are always great

#18 8 years ago

this is still for sale? normally rob's deals are gone in an hour

#19 8 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I agree. The price for this game in this condition is very fair. People just want AFM for 2k and I don't care if Rick does a AFMR.

I still don't care about MMr. If I get an MM I want it to be original. MM is a part of pinball history. As such, I want a real one. Not a repro.

I know all about the AFM rumors for next year. I'll have a real one that I restored, and that's much more valuable to me.

#20 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I still don't care about MMr. If I get an MM I want it to be original. MM is a part of pinball history. As such, I want a real one. Not a repro.
I know all about the AFM rumors for next year. I'll have a real one that I restored, and that's much more valuable to me.

I concur.

#21 8 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Bump... cause i want it.... but am out of room.

Perfect. I have the room but no money. We can use your cash and my room. Deal?

#22 8 years ago

I also have some flexibility on this one... If someone is interested and would like pics of highlighted areas, please message me. its a clean players quality machine with a little bit of glitz..

#23 8 years ago

It is all about timing.....Damnit D:

#24 8 years ago

I played the MM remake - it was a lot of fun, but definitely not the real thing.

It felt like I was playing a Stern, not a 90's Bally/Williams. It was oddly easier - shots were "too clean" (if that makes sense). Almost like a few subtle angles/trajectories were nudged or "improved" for playability. It could be a bunch of subtle things adding up, I have no idea. But something was missing.

#25 8 years ago

All I know is that I gave a $1000 deposit for a mmr well over 2 years ago and still do not have the machine. At this rate the next remake will be ready for shipping in approx. the year 2020. speculation or not the reality is that the next remake will not be ready for years.

#26 8 years ago
Quoted from KingDaddy:

I played the MM remake - it was a lot of fun, but definitely not the real thing.
It felt like I was playing a Stern, not a 90's Bally/Williams. It was oddly easier - shots were "too clean" (if that makes sense). Almost like a few subtle angles/trajectories were nudged or "improved" for playability. It could be a bunch of subtle things adding up, I have no idea. But something was missing.

WTF are you talking about?
Bump!

#27 8 years ago
Quoted from Hougie:

WTF are you talking about?
Bump!

Wow. LMAO.

Read the whole thread - one member mentioned there could be a remake of AFM - just like MM - and implied the OP is overpricing it and should list at "2008 prices." Then there was further discussion about the MMr. I was simply giving my impression of the MMr, which is relevant to the discussion.

My point is fully in support of the OP - remakes are remakes, there's nothing like an original.

Ironically I just got chastised by a moderator, who I'm assuming didn't read the whole thread - and just read your comment.

Once again, looks like a great deal - good luck with this sale!

#28 8 years ago
Quoted from KingDaddy:

Ironically I just got chastised by a moderator, who I'm assuming didn't read the whole thread - and just read your comment.

That's not actually ironic. It's just a thing that happened.

#29 8 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

That's not actually ironic. It's just a thing that happened.

Ironic that you would say that

#30 8 years ago
Quoted from isJ:

I want to move to New York just to buy this guy's pins.

Im right there with you. We need a seller like this here with prices like that. Or at least semi and a road trip and load up and being back here.

#31 8 years ago

how about 6K shipped ?

#32 8 years ago
Quoted from Gwaxt72:

how about 6K shipped ?

Oo, very tempting. If I didn't receive my MMR this week I'd be all over this.

#34 8 years ago

Great seller. Very good deal

#35 8 years ago

How is this not sold yet? I already have an afm. This is a good deal.

#36 8 years ago
Quoted from kevmad:

How is this not sold yet? I already have an afm. This is a good deal.

Agreed. I didn't think this would last an hour.

#37 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

If only there was a way to give a post +10 thumbs up.

Great price Gwaxt72. Very fair price.

#39 8 years ago

Let me know if its stil available?

#40 8 years ago

Rob is great to deal with, bought numerous games from him, to include just yesterday. I seen this AFM when I was down at the shop. Someone is gonna get a nice game.

#41 8 years ago

Very nice game and price glwts

#42 8 years ago
Quoted from Gwaxt72:

how about 6K shipped ?

If I had the cash, you would be shipping this to me.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 21.50
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Boards
PinSound

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 30.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-attack-from-mars-bally-1995-5975 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.