Topic Stats

• 36 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Dkjimbo
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 18 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_3021 (resized).JPG
IMG_3020 (resized).JPG
20170522_073714 (resized).jpg
IMG_2056 (resized).JPG
IMG_2057 (resized).JPG
IMG_2055 (resized).JPG
IMG_2053 (resized).JPG
IMG_2050 (resized).JPG
IMG_1868 (resized).JPG
IMG_1870 (resized).JPG
IMG_1869 (resized).JPG
IMG_1867 (resized).JPG
IMG_1866 (resized).JPG
IMG_1863 (resized).JPG
IMG_1862 (resized).JPG
IMG_1859 (resized).JPG

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

#1 3 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Price

$ 7,100 (Firm)

Price is firm

for sale

For sale: Attack from Mars

Added: April 19th, 2017 Ended: January 24th, 2019
Condition: Fully restored (full original status)

Item description

This example of AFM is in perfect playing condition. No errors, shopped, new rubbers, new martian targets, rebuilt pops, freshly torn down top side cleaned/waxed. cliffy's on mothership and stroke of luck hole. Rebuilt Strobe PCB with Pinbits kit, Rebuild audio circuit on AV board. Play field is in extremely good condition and game plays fast!

Mods include:
Pinbits strobe blackout mod
Pinbits strobe light mod
Mezelmods translucent target back with ambient LED red light from below
PinGraphix back panel artwork
PinGraphix art blades

Game also has a full LED upgrade throughout including backbox - beautiful cool white GI and color matched inserts

This game just underwent a month-long cabinet restoration including a full tear down, high quality automotive grade priming and paint job, brand new decals, new black legs, black leg bolts, black leg levelers, new brushed stainless metal trim rails, Stern-style cabinet corner protectors, internal leg bolt brackets, new flipper buttons, launch button, start button.

Previous owner applied some sort of custom finish to the mothership cap. I don't mind it as it more closely resembles the translight look and no one seems to have a replacement cap available for sale anywhere on planet earth - might need to check Mars.

Will consider trades plus cash for:
TAF
TZ
GnR
Tron
TOTAN
?

Item photos

IMG_1861 (resized).JPG
IMG_1860 (resized).JPG
IMG_1859 (resized).JPG
IMG_1862 (resized).JPG
IMG_1863 (resized).JPG
IMG_1866 (resized).JPG
IMG_1867 (resized).JPG
IMG_1869 (resized).JPG
IMG_1870 (resized).JPG
IMG_1868 (resized).JPG
IMG_2050 (resized).JPG
IMG_2053 (resized).JPG
IMG_2055 (resized).JPG
IMG_2057 (resized).JPG
IMG_2056 (resized).JPG

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Listing result

The seller marked this ad as "not sold". The item did not sell through Pinside so there's no listing result.

Item location

Charlotte, NC, US

Seller insights

These are Dkjimbo's all time market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to Dkjimbo's stats page

#2 3 years ago

Nice looking pin.

#4 3 years ago

$7600 OBO - trades considered for any DMD - current game(s).

1 week later
#5 3 years ago

Interested in a HUO Metallica LE basically new only 250 plays on it. Color DMD.

#6 3 years ago

No thank you - I previously owned a Metallica Premium. Great game but don't need another one.

Thanks again! Really looking for the titles on my list on the ad.

#7 3 years ago

7500 OBO. Really looking for potential trades on TAF / GNR / TZ / CV / TRON

#8 3 years ago

I would consider trading my Tron but kind of far away...

#9 3 years ago

$7350 obo

#10 3 years ago

why isn't this gone? the mothership?

#11 3 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

The stupid mother ship cap is a $30 item if you can actually find one for sale - hardly a deal breaker unless I am missing something. I suppose I can take some acetone or paint thinner to it, strip it down and then repaint ALL of the ships with a metallic silver to copy the new look of the remake if someone cares that much? would take a couple hours and $5 rattle can of paint....

#12 3 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

Likely because of the remake. People wanting this title will likely opt for a brand new one at that price. There are people who prefer original so it might take a little longer to find one of them.

#13 3 years ago

yeah, it's definitely a unique situation right now.

#14 3 years ago

I agree, I want an original or re-make but I would prefer one that is beat to do a full restore on with new pf/the works.

However, for those that like original and wanting a nice machine this seems like a decent deal

#15 3 years ago

$7250

Last price drop before I pull it off the market and wait for all this AFM remake hype to get back under control.

#16 3 years ago

$7100 firm.

#17 3 years ago

It is a pretty decent looking game and I'd be very tempted if I didn't have a AFMr on the way

#18 3 years ago

the shooter lane: is that just dirt in the clearcoat and wood grain? almost looks like there's cracks. i just saw something similar on a TOM. only reason i ask.

man, am i buying this?

#19 3 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

the shooter lane: is that just dirt in the clearcoat and wood grain? almost looks like there's cracks. i just saw something similar on a TOM. only reason i ask.
man, am i buying this?

If the original means allot to you, you might. The gate, I see is opening up. Someone found the key! GLWTS
Yes, we all know what the key is!

#20 3 years ago

Seems like a good price for an original. I think it may take awhile to see where the market settles when the remake hits the streets. I just bought an original MM in good condition with a color dmd and a few mods. It would have cost me 12k+ before MMr, i still paid more than a remake would have cost, but not much more. Be patient and someone looking for a nice original will hit you up.
I am looking for a AFM, but I need a beat up example for full restoration. GLWTS.

#21 3 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

man, am i buying this?

Definitely no cracks - typical wear for a game like this but no cracks, I could probably clean it out a bit to make it present better. In fact I will do that this evening.

#22 3 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

Seems like a good price for an original. I think it may take awhile to see where the market settles when the remake hits the streets. I just bought an original MM in good condition with a color dmd and a few mods. It would have cost me 12k+ before MMr, i still paid more than a remake would have cost, but not much more. Be patient and someone looking for a nice original will hit you up.
I am looking for a AFM, but I need a beat up example for full restoration. GLWTS.

It appears I am the guinea pig here to see what the market will bear on original AFM under the circumstances. I have a suspicion that if I just pull this and sit on it and enjoy it for another year, I'd probably get more for it but I have my eye on a few other things. No one even has their AFMr in hand and we can debate the virtues of original vs remake all day long, it just feels like typical NIB frenzy right now.

#23 3 years ago

Nice looking afm for sure.... id guess your getting close to the selling point. If it had color dmd id bet it sell at 7100 but without id guess around 6750 . Its a awesome pin and yours looks to be way above average condition for a original and has some nice upgrades/mods.

#24 3 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

It appears I am the guinea pig here to see what the market will bear on original AFM under the circumstances. I have a suspicion that if I just pull this and sit on it and enjoy it for another year, I'd probably get more for it but I have my eye on a few other things. No one even has their AFMr in hand and we can debate the virtues of original vs remake all day long, it just feels like typical NIB frenzy right now.

Why would you "pull it from the market?"

It's not like it hurts you to just let it sit there. I've had ads up for months before I sold a game.

#25 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Why would you "pull it from the market?"
It's not like it hurts you to just let it sit there. I've had ads up for months before I sold a game.

right, I agree, its not going to hurt to just let it sit there on pinside - I meant just not actively look to sell it any longer if things don't work out shortly. its not a bad game to be "stuck with" that's for sure!!

#26 3 years ago

how are the light sockets in the backbox? meaning, do they still have their snap-on/click to them or are they broken off? i think i know the answer.

#27 3 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

how are the light sockets in the backbox? meaning, do they still have their snap-on/click to them or are they broken off? i think i know the answer.

They are ALL there, only 2 that Ive ever noticed after many many times removing the panel has a tab missing and comes loose. They hold their position in the head and aren't "broken enough" to come out of the hole or anything. The white "tub" is a bit discolored due to age but has NO cracks or other damage of any sort.

#28 3 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

If you pull it and wait another year to sell it, why would you get more for it? Wouldn't the market be more saturated? A guy on the fence now will settle for driving 20 minutes to pick up a brand new or slightly used afmr rather than a 5 hour drive to pick up your original.

#29 3 years ago

Since it came up as a deterrent to a few folks I decided to pull the mothership cap and strip that finish. I have removed the black finish and will be applying finish coat of matching original grey color to restore the original look. Photo update to follow tomorrow evening.

#30 3 years ago

yeah, i'd say i'd like an original finish. looking forward to it.

#31 3 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

yeah, i'd say i'd like an original finish. looking forward to it.

If u wanna put some time in on a great playing original .... stop by. You will fall in love and go buy op ...trust me.

#32 3 years ago

i think i've already fallen for the title. i'll have one of these or a MM; no doubt about it.

what can i expect to pay for a decent, original MM though? it won't be close to $7k, right? pretty sure i've seen rat soup examples fly for $7500-8. plus, i'd say this AFM is comfortably above decent.

that's my conundrum: trying to figure out the price difference of the two, and should i wait for my MM or get something like this?

#33 3 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

what can i expect to pay for a decent, original MM though?

I just bought this last week. Cost me 9500 in So Cal.
Its a pretty nice example. Just a few mods and color.DMD.
(Crappy pic is all I had on hand)

20170522_073714 (resized).jpg
This original AFM the OP has for sale seems to be a good.deal at just over 7k

#34 3 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

i think i've already fallen for the title. i'll have one of these or a MM; no doubt about it.
what can i expect to pay for a decent, original MM though? it won't be close to $7k, right? pretty sure i've seen rat soup examples fly for $7500-8. plus, i'd say this AFM is comfortably above decent.
that's my conundrum: trying to figure out the price difference of the two, and should i wait for my MM or get something like this?

9-10k is still very common selling points for nice mm. Yes op afm looks to be a very nice original with nice upgrades.

#35 3 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

I just bought this last week. Cost me 9500 in So Cal.
Its a pretty nice example. Just a few mods and color.DMD.
(Crappy pic is all I had on hand)

It'll be $10,500 once you replace that hideous coin door!

Nice game otherwise.

#36 3 years ago

Here this with the repainted mothership cap. Pretty darn close to perfect color match. It does look much better this way. I will never know why someone repaIntend it black at some point.

IMG_3020 (resized).JPG

IMG_3021 (resized).JPG

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside