Topic Stats

• 20 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by tonyf1965
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 33 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

DSC01392 (resized).JPG
DSC01391 (resized).JPG
DSC01383 (resized).JPG
DSC01388 (resized).JPG
DSC01384 (resized).JPG
DSC01373 (resized).JPG
DSC01371 (resized).JPG
DSC01372 (resized).JPG
DSC01367 (resized).JPG
DSC01370 (resized).JPG
DSC01368 (resized).JPG
DSC01366 (resized).JPG
DSC01365 (resized).JPG
DSC01340 (resized).JPG
DSC01339 (resized).JPG
DSC01338 (resized).JPG

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

#1 1 year ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Price

$ 8,000 (Firm)

Price is firm

for sale

For sale: Attack from Mars
Featured Ad

Added: December 5th, 2017 Ended: January 7th, 2018
Condition: HUO - Documented (Home Used Only)

Item description

Purchased game new in 1996, have sales receipt and all documents. Slight fade on otherwise perfect cabinet. Playfield has rare day 1 full factory mylar, no insert wear. Roll over lanes at top, and in-lanes had mylar since new. Stroke of luck and saucer holes protected since new. All original stock game. Probably nicest original AFM you can find. Spare parts bag still stapled to inside of cabinet unopened. Includes manuals(like new), orig. game flyer(mint), orig. game poster(mint), and original sales receipt. Full Cliffy's protector kit included(never installed). Rare opportunity!

Item photos

DSC01306 (resized).JPG
DSC01303 (resized).JPG
DSC01304 (resized).JPG
DSC01305 (resized).JPG
DSC01313 (resized).JPG
DSC01314 (resized).JPG
DSC01315 (resized).JPG
DSC01316 (resized).JPG
DSC01317 (resized).JPG
DSC01320 (resized).JPG
DSC01326 (resized).JPG
DSC01330 (resized).JPG
DSC01331 (resized).JPG
DSC01332 (resized).JPG
DSC01337 (resized).JPG
DSC01334 (resized).JPG
DSC01335 (resized).JPG
DSC01338 (resized).JPG
DSC01339 (resized).JPG
DSC01340 (resized).JPG
DSC01365 (resized).JPG
DSC01366 (resized).JPG
DSC01368 (resized).JPG
DSC01370 (resized).JPG
DSC01367 (resized).JPG
DSC01372 (resized).JPG
DSC01371 (resized).JPG
DSC01373 (resized).JPG
DSC01384 (resized).JPG
DSC01388 (resized).JPG
DSC01383 (resized).JPG
DSC01391 (resized).JPG
DSC01392 (resized).JPG

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Listing result

The seller marked this ad as "not sold". The item did not sell through Pinside so there's no listing result.

Item location

Corvallis, OR, US

Seller insights

These are PlayPin's all time market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to PlayPin's stats page

#2 1 year ago

Looks to be in amazing shape!! Nice!!

#3 1 year ago

Thank you!

#4 1 year ago

That is a rare opportunity indeed. I just bought my old AFM back, had I not I’d be seriously considering this one. Good luck with your sale

#5 1 year ago

Wow, wish I had the space. May never see another like this again.

#6 1 year ago

WOW, great looking game. GLWTS!

#7 1 year ago

Thanks for the compliments all. To get another game I have to sell one. Looks like interest is down in original AFM's since the remake. Kind of surprised no takers on this. I have seen restored games sell for way more?

#8 1 year ago
Quoted from PlayPin:

Thanks for the compliments all. To get another game I have to sell one. Looks like interest is down in original AFM's since the remake. Kind of surprised no takers on this. I have seen restored games sell for way more?

Oh I have interest, just not $$$$ for it. One of my absolute favorites. Beautiful machine you have that somebody will want. Logic thinks that around Christmas is a good time to sell, but I just wonder if many have already spent too much money this month already.

#9 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Oh I have interest, just not $$$$ for it. One of my absolute favorites. Beautiful machine you have that somebody will want. Logic thinks that around Christmas is a good time to sell, but I just wonder if many have already spent too much money this month already.

That is a good point. I just noticed my avatar says "op" on it. I assume that means operator which I am not. Why is that on my avatar for this post?

#10 1 year ago
Quoted from PlayPin:

That is a good point. I just noticed my avatar says "op" on it. I assume that means operator which I am not. Why is that on my avatar for this post?

Because you are the Original Poster (OP)

#11 1 year ago
Quoted from NPO:

Because you are the Original Poster (OP)

Ahhhhh, thank you. All this time I thought it meant that person was an operator(like game route operator).

1 week later
#12 1 year ago

OP means a young red-headed kid with freckles (or was that Opie)? I get confused.

#13 1 year ago

I have a never routed Afm already and am tempted . I'd much rather have this over any remake but what do I know.

1 week later
#14 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

OP means a young red-headed kid with freckles (or was that Opie)? I get confused.

That's good!

Quoted from Beemus:

I have a never routed Afm already and am tempted . I'd much rather have this over any remake but what do I know.

I haven't seen a remake but would love to try one. No doubt the market for the original took a big hit when they released the remake. I have to believe a real nice original will hold its value later better than a remake though. Especially since there are very few very nice originals. There are quite a few highly restored original AFM's. Whats the acronym, HEP or something? Those costed a lot of time and money to restore though so no doubt some would loose money if they sold now.

#15 1 year ago

Damn straight there may as well be zero nice originals of this title. I've owned and seen at least 20 of them and they are always PLAYED (beat, but still played well). Good luck with the sale. Title is always a crowd favorite.

1 week later
#16 1 year ago
Quoted from spazzman90:

Damn straight there may as well be zero nice originals of this title. I've owned and seen at least 20 of them and they are always PLAYED (beat, but still played well). Good luck with the sale. Title is always a crowd favorite.

Thats what I have seen too. Nothing I found in the field plays like this one. This thing is crazy fast, almost reckless. I added more photos today of the documents and inside the cabinet: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/57505

#17 1 year ago

Market is smaller due to the remakes, yes, plus 8k is a lot of money - just be patient, you only need one buyer!

#18 1 year ago

This is in amazing condition. If you're on the fence whether to buy this one or a remake. Just take a look at the AFMr technical thread. Tons of issues right out of the box.

#19 1 year ago
Quoted from DeeGor:

This is in amazing condition. If you're on the fence whether to buy this one or a remake. Just take a look at the AFMr technical thread. Tons of issues right out of the box.

This is very astute advice. Gorgeous condition for an original.

snaroff

#20 1 year ago

This does look like pretty nice. I have played all 3 versions of remakes. They played pretty darn good.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside