IMG_0190 (resized).JPG
IMG_0166 (resized).JPG
P8220291 (resized).JPG
42EB8168-B95E-4E9E-B68F-0C2AD047176B (resized).jpeg
4F7BD482-2A47-469E-81A3-E8CD9F3B432C (resized).jpeg
7FF03C12-5880-4290-9ECD-AF6F4D0B23D8 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20201031-172911_Chrome (resized).jpg
123 (resized).jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#1 3 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Game - for sale

For sale: Atari Hercules

Added: 2020-10-30 23:00:00 UTC • Re-listed: 1 time (December 13th, 2020) • Ended: August 6th, 2022
Condition: As is

Price

$ 6,500 (OBO)

Open for offers

I’m considering selling my Hercules. Its been well cared for, has new flipper solenoids, bill acceptor, LEDs, and I had a new shooter spring custom made.

Accepting offers right now.

Serious offers appreciated.

Thanks for looking. Located at Spinners in Frederick Maryland.

Item photos

123 (resized).jpg

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are joesaid's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to joesaid's stats page

Listing result

The seller marked this ad as "not sold". The item did not sell through Pinside so there's no listing result.

Item location

Frederick, MD, US

#2 3 years ago

Not long ago, you couldn’t even GIVE this boat anchor away.
Now it’s 7.5k

#3 3 years ago

how long ago

#4 3 years ago

I mean, it is rated higher than Thunderbirds.

Screenshot_20201031-172911_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20201031-172911_Chrome (resized).jpg
#5 3 years ago

Last few sold $2000-$3000
But then again when you want one
And there almost not around, then it’s $$$$$$

Looks nice but it’s just soooo Bigggg!!
$5k seems fair if minty
Can’t they’ll from this one darkened pic

#6 3 years ago

Yeah Id take the 5K and call it a day

#7 3 years ago
Quoted from edward472:

Yeah Id take the 5K and call it a day

Under no circumstances would I prefer Hercules to five grand in my pocket.

#8 3 years ago

Don't know anything aboot the price of a boat anchor, Joesaid is a great guy.

#9 3 years ago

Hercules isn’t something the average guy is going to have in their house.

But for an arcade or a large collection, they’re cool. I got my one playing pretty snappy.

I just sold my one to my buddy who just opened a new barcade down in Christchurch. He’s got it up and running and made it the centrepiece of the place.

It’s the only one in New Zealand so it’s not something the public see every day .. and for a $1 coin, they get to play it!

rd
4F7BD482-2A47-469E-81A3-E8CD9F3B432C (resized).jpeg4F7BD482-2A47-469E-81A3-E8CD9F3B432C (resized).jpeg7FF03C12-5880-4290-9ECD-AF6F4D0B23D8 (resized).jpeg7FF03C12-5880-4290-9ECD-AF6F4D0B23D8 (resized).jpeg

42EB8168-B95E-4E9E-B68F-0C2AD047176B (resized).jpeg42EB8168-B95E-4E9E-B68F-0C2AD047176B (resized).jpeg

#10 3 years ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Not long ago, you couldn’t even GIVE this boat anchor away.

This has been a desirable title for as long as I can remember. Marc’s restored one in Texas sold for 5k about five years ago.

If winning ribbons at shows from bringing games is your thing, Hercules guarantees lots of ribbons. It’s such a pain the break down, load, and set up I think the judges basically always give it a ribbon or two if it appears. Also, if you have one the show runners will really solicit its attendance at their shows...you could almost sleep inside of it...

#11 3 years ago

It’s definitely an eye catcher, a game you don’t see everyday. For most pinball collectors...space...is their issue. You would have to be a unique individual with a large space and room to spare. I would love one only because of rarity, so when people visit they can have an opportunity to play something they might have never seen before.

#12 3 years ago
Quoted from ovfdfireman:

It’s definitely an eye catcher, a game you don’t see everyday. For most pinball collectors...space...is their issue. You would have to be a unique individual with a large space and room to spare. I would love one only because of rarity, some when people visit they can have an opportunity to play something they might have never seen before.

I played one of these when I was a kid. Cedar Point I believe. I was so excited to see such a huge pinball machine but that was very short lived. One game was enough.

#13 3 years ago

There’s actually 2 of these currently on location that I know of on the east coast. 1 at Hershey Park in PA and 1 at Funspot in NH. Unfortunately the flippers were too weak on both when I played them. Made the game pretty much unplayable.

#14 3 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

This has been a desirable title for as long as I can remember. Marc’s restored one in Texas sold for 5k about five years ago.
If winning ribbons at shows from bringing games is your thing, Hercules guarantees lots of ribbons. It’s such a pain the break down, load, and set up I think the judges basically always give it a ribbon or two if it appears. Also, if you have one the show runners will really solicit its attendance at their shows...you could almost sleep inside of it...

The Pinball is a Cue Ball!!!

#15 3 years ago

some pics might help the sell.

#16 3 years ago

pics?

#17 3 years ago

I got the perfect spot for mine, although the topper doesn't fit but I have it on display in the stairwell.
John

IMG_0166 (resized).JPGIMG_0166 (resized).JPGP8220291 (resized).JPGP8220291 (resized).JPG
#19 3 years ago
Quoted from jhoward1082:

There’s actually 2 of these currently on location that I know of on the east coast. 1 at Hershey Park in PA and 1 at Funspot in NH. Unfortunately the flippers were too weak on both when I played them. Made the game pretty much unplayable.

There's one at the Chattanooga pinball museum in TN as well.

#20 3 years ago
#21 3 years ago
Quoted from jake35:

There's one at the Chattanooga pinball museum in TN as well.

Replay Museum in Tarpon Springs Florida also has one. Was not up and running about a month ago.

#22 3 years ago

I played one on location at Flippers in OBX. Very unique game and definitely something you don’t see every day.

#23 3 years ago

I cringe thinking of having to work on atari pins. Some rare bits there.

#24 3 years ago
Quoted from jhoward1082:

Exactly. I played the Hershey Park one and the flippers were fine but overall the game still sucks. It’s just not fun. It’s a novelty, but as everyone says: it’s like playing Pinball in slow motion.

#25 3 years ago

GLWTS

#26 3 years ago
Quoted from jhoward1082:

With those big ass skeeball solenoids for flipper coils, it's tough to get good flipper action out of the game even when it's tight. It's fun, but knock that ball to the top of the playfield and you can go get a beer by the time that cue ball rolls back.

We had one at Kennywood for a while that we grabbed from coinopwarehouse back when Lloyd was all about jukeboxes being where he was betting his money. I think we paid 500 bucks for it.

#27 3 years ago

I had a friend that had three of these (2 for sure). Always thought it was a crazy machine and enjoyed the one that was in the hallway at Expo.

2 weeks later
#28 3 years ago

If you want the game to play faster, use white trackballs instead of cue balls. They are lighter and make the game play much better and faster. I found out by mistake at Expo one year when I gave some to try in the one there.

#29 3 years ago
Quoted from jhoward1082:

Don't forget the one at Canobie Lake Park, Salem NH

#30 3 years ago

Pinballz in Austin used to have one. Not sure if it’s still there.

#31 3 years ago

Pinball PA in Hopewell, PA has one.

#32 3 years ago

The museum of pinball in Banning has one.
Also, last time I was in Chicago a few years back they had one on location at Logan’s Hardware.

#33 3 years ago
Quoted from Mfox:

If you want the game to play faster, use white trackballs instead of cue balls. They are lighter and make the game play much better and faster. I found out by mistake at Expo one year when I gave some to try in the one there.

Yup I have a blue one in mine, works great.
John

IMG_0190 (resized).JPGIMG_0190 (resized).JPG
#34 3 years ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

Yup I have a blue one in mine, works great.
John[quoted image]

Is that a trackball, as in from a mouse trackball?

#35 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Is that a trackball, as in from a mouse trackball?

that would be one big ass mouse!

I think it's more like a trackball from Centipede.

#36 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

that would be one big ass mouse!
I think it's more like a trackball from Centipede.

LOL that's why I was confused! Thx for the clarification

#37 3 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

Pinballz in Austin used to have one. Not sure if it’s still there.

Pinballz had/has two. One at the OG location and one at the Lake Creek location. I once asked Darrin (the owner) how he felt when he opened the shipping container that had two Hercules in it. He replied he bought them both purposefully, one at a time.

3 weeks later
#38 3 years ago

Played two of these on location - the one featured in this ad sometime this past summer, and one at Arnold's Funcenter in Oaks PA about eight years ago when I was a college sophomore. It essentially is a novelty - I consider myself a relatively average player at best and I came within a hairbreadth of rolling over my score on my first game when I played this copy back in the summer.

#39 3 years ago

I love that the photo for this is Hercules sandwiched between a The Entertainer cocktail and a Bally Bumper

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-atari-hercules and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.