IMG_10 (resized).jpg
IMG_9 (resized).jpg
IMG_8 (resized).jpg
IMG_7 (resized).jpg
IMG_6 (resized).jpg
IMG_5 (resized).jpg
IMG_4 (resized).jpg
IMG_3 (resized).jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#1 5 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Game - for sale

For Sale: Arena

Added: 2019-02-14 18:23:12 UTC • Ended: March 3rd, 2019
Condition: Fully shopped/refurbished

Price

$ 2,995 (OBO)

Open for offers

For sale is a Gottlieb Arena pinball machine. Machine is in excellent condition and has just been gone through. LED's have been added to the playfield and underside. I also added general illumination LED's to the "PIT" and other areas in the main playfield for added lighting. This added a cool effect to the "PIT" as there were no GI lighting in this area. Machine playfield was completely stripped, cleaned all parts and replaced any defective parts and/or machinery, waxed and reinstalled. Added stronger posts in-front of the ramp. Playfield art work is in excellent condition as sometimes this title it can be warn badly. I purchased new two lighted bridge ramp rails for the cross over ramp. The ones installed are is good condition with all lights working, but bought a new set just in case. Can install if you want. The cabinet is in good condition with minor bumps/scraps, but overall good to excellent condition. This title does not come up for sale very often and one that I feel in this great of condition. I am asking a higher price than normal due to the condition and upgrades I have done to this machine. If you are looking for this title to add to your collection look no further, you will not be disappointed. I am open to reasonable offers. Call Mike @ ###-###-#### [phone number removed] cell#

Item photos

IMG_1 (resized).JPG
IMG_10 (resized).jpg
IMG_11 (resized).jpg
IMG_12 (resized).jpg
IMG_13 (resized).jpg
IMG_14 (resized).jpg
IMG_15 (resized).jpg
IMG_16 (resized).jpg
IMG_2 (resized).jpg
IMG_3 (resized).jpg
IMG_3 (resized).jpg
IMG_4 (resized).jpg
IMG_5 (resized).jpg
IMG_6 (resized).jpg
IMG_7 (resized).jpg
IMG_8 (resized).jpg
IMG_9 (resized).jpg

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are Mikespinball's market stats.

silver Seller Level

Mikespinball has the Pinside Silver seller level!

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to Mikespinball's stats page

Listing result

The seller marked this ad as "not sold". The item did not sell through Pinside so there's no listing result.

Item location

Eugene, OR, US

#3 5 years ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/archive?s=1&ad_machine_key=19
Sixteen previous listings ranging from $600-$1750
At least it has legs, kudos for that.

#4 5 years ago

People bitch about the "price police", but when shit like this is posted and is so obnoxiously high out of range, people should bitch.

The hobby doesn't need "Debbie", who knows nothing about pinball, selling her dead brother's pin based upon shit she sees here.

hey "Debbie": this thing is WAY WAY WAY overpriced.

signed: price police (I don't give a shit)

#5 5 years ago
Quoted from Mikespinball:

I am open to reasonable offers.

We're open to reasonable asking prices.

#6 5 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

We're open to reasonable asking prices.

I'm open to a reasonable For Sale price.

#7 5 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

I'm open to a reasonable For Sale price.

It's what I meant

#8 5 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

It's what I meant

Sorry. My brain is still numb from digesting this asking price.

#9 5 years ago

I saw this in the market place and immediately searched for the thread in the forum.

#10 5 years ago

Valuable skill shot on that game.

Price may be a tad high. GLWS

#11 5 years ago
15114482 (resized).jpg15114482 (resized).jpg
#12 5 years ago
Quoted from Ericc123:

I saw this in the market place and immediately searched for the thread in the forum.

You don't have to do that. If there is a thread, there is a link in the ad on the right side, down a little bit under the map.

#13 5 years ago
6nTX (resized).png6nTX (resized).png
#14 5 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

You don't have to do that. If there is a thread, there is a link in the ad on the right side, down a little bit under the map.

Mind blown and so much time saved...thank you.

#15 5 years ago

Mike is a great guy. I bought a Grand Prix from him a couple years ago. A class act.

#16 5 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

Mike is a great guy. I bought a Grand Prix from him a couple years ago. A class act.

How did your sight unseen Taxi purchase go?

#17 5 years ago

It went well. After looking at pictures I realized it was a bballfan restoration I almost purchased a while back. I jumped at the chance t get it. bballfan does great work!

2 weeks later
#18 5 years ago

I am sorry that some of you pinball price police think I am way over priced, but do you yourself refurbish/restore pinball machines to a pristine condition? I have been restoring machines for over 15 years. I take great care in the process to give the machines I do to a new like condition before I sell. This machine was in great condition before I started the process and turned out excellent. This title was hard to speculate value due to that very few have been sold over the last two to three years and one that is in excellent condition. I have been watching/tracking this so I could value a price when it was finished. The playfield is in excellent condition with very little to no ware. This appears to be hard to find on this title as most Arena pinball machines I have seen the playfield has ware and/or is damage which appears to be common. I went to the extent of adding GI factory style lamp sockets to the pit as there was no GI lighting for this small playfield. It turned out great! I also added some extra GI lighting to the main playfield in dark areas. When I do this I like to do it in a way like it was factory done. Also I added newer (stronger style) posts in front of the ramp on both sides. Overall the condition of this machine is in excellent. I guess if there were more sells on this title I would have a better idea of where to start my price at.

This title is not like most of the 90's Bally/William machines to be able to gauge prices. The Twilight Zone prices are all over the board, starting low around $6,000 to as high as $10,000+. This again is based off condition and how the machine was restored.

Lastly, I decided to start out at a higher price as most pinball purchasers like to negotiate and I figure I can always drop the price if a person is truly interested.
Thanks for reading this.....Mike

#19 5 years ago

So you're telling me in the last 15 years you haven't realized the difference between ware and wear.

#20 5 years ago

There is usually a price ceiling on lesser titles, like Arena.

It really isn't a good comparison between a popular and highly desirable A-list title, and what is essentially a D-list title that is a bit tough to sell even at the normal market price point (which barely breaks the $1k mark).

Unfortunately, I've had to take a loss on some games I've refurbished just because I overestimated what the market would bear for those titles.

So yes, an exceptionally nice TZ could sell for a pretty hefty sum. One of the lesser Gottlieb titles? Not so much, unfortunately.

#21 5 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

There is usually a price ceiling on lesser titles, like Arena.
It really isn't a good comparison between a popular and highly desirable A-list title, and what is essentially a D-list title that is a bit tough to sell even at the normal market price point (which barely breaks the $1k mark).
Unfortunately, I've had to take a loss on some games I've refurbished just because I overestimated what the market would bear for those titles.
So yes, an exceptionally nice TZ could sell for a pretty hefty sum. One of the lesser Gottlieb titles? Not so much, unfortunately.

Restores rarely earn their money back -
It's about how much you like the title - as selling it

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-arena-5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.