(Topic ID: 150783)

For sale: America's Most Haunted (Spooky Pinball, 2014)

By CraZyMuffin

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 258 posts
  • 106 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by ekthoren
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_(resized).jpeg
Untitled_(resized).png
Screen_Shot_2016-02-01_at_10.09.55_AM_(resized).png
a1paint_(resized).jpg
a1paint_(resized).jpg
6641bbc294534283cad50c2ec728749804cf278f_(resized).jpg
de95e914dc760b3d505d74d59a2d50143b0dc86b_(resized).jpg
maxresdefault_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
4085959_(resized).jpg
b12918b5d7aa701984ec8c59640f3767_(resized).jpg
original-1_(resized).jpg
hqdefault_(resized).jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 258 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 6.
#51 8 years ago

Wait till what you see NIB RZ's are going for on the secondary market once they have all been produced. Guess Spooky is selling them too cheap and will have to raise the prices going forward

#52 8 years ago

This is nothing but a cash grab. All of the owners acting like this is completely reasonable is funny. It's a fun game but if anyone wants to offer me 10K for mine I would start breaking it down that second.

#53 8 years ago
Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

Not too crazy of a price. A HUO one sold for $7,200 a couple months ago, right? And since then there are few (if any) that have come up for sale (considering it's an incredible rare game), plus this one is NIB with extras.
Anyways, regardless of the price mine isn't going anywhere. I wouldn't even sell mine for $10k, I like it that much.

So a 40% markup for nib is normal? Ok. I played this at a show. Sweet pin for a first attempt. Played like a first attempt pin. No way it is a 10k pin. Nothing against spooky, played like a homemade pin.

#54 8 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

I hope you get it. My rz will be worth 15k nib then

Canadian.

#55 8 years ago
Quoted from Eryeal:

Yes but the other part of supply and demand is the desire to buy. I think the jury is still out on AMH and where it ranks in terms of actual gameplay. I'm not sure it can be put in the ranks of CC, MM, AFM, BBB. Being hard to find is one part of the equation - the other is does someone actually think the game is that much fun that they want to pay a huge premium.

Very valid points, and I don't disagree one bit. However due to the extreme low volume, I believe there are going to be people that want it. I suppose it remains to be seen.

I think of Jordan, Rocky, or even Varkon. Varkon is a novelty, not even that fun. I want one, but not for 12k.....but they sell

#56 8 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

This is nothing but a cash grab. All of the owners acting like this is completely reasonable is funny. It's a fun game but if anyone wants to offer me 10K for mine I would start breaking it down that second.

This

#57 8 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

With respect I will have to disagree. I think AMH is a fun game but I also think it is a bit of a novelty pin and the fun factor for me wore off rather quickly. A local op that had one on location said he had a ton of issues with it along with the playfield showing significant wear right away. He was sent a replacement but obviously there was an issue with quality. He basically called out Spooky Pinball and stated that they did not design the machine to be for a high use route location. There has been a HUO one on Denver CL for $7300 sitting for over a month? Supply and demand are one thing but I personally do not value the machine over $6k even with only 150 being made. For 6k plus I could think of a ton of other titles I would rather have. Just my opinion

Previous owner here too and I agree. We traded ours after a few months of a love and hate relationship with it. Needed constant tweaking and I still hear people talking about the issues we had 10 or 11 months ago.

Great first attempt but not worth the over $6k price tag, IMHO of course.

#58 8 years ago

Here's $0 value opinion. AMH is a really fun low production run game. It's not 20 years old and replacement parts etc are easy to get if needed, from the factory. I think it should demand a premium on resale for a while. Time will tell how much that premium will be.

I have close friends with very nice games that completely disagree. They think it isn't well made and the theme is meh at best.

It's all in the eye of the beholder. Mine is parked in my collection for a long time. Not because I want to have something valuable, but because I really enjoy the game. It has been my favorite title since it arrived last summer.

The main thing affecting any game, at a very high price, today is the flood of great games coming out over the next few years.

Running my mouth bump.

#59 8 years ago

I'm glad my huo AMH was at the normal price not super inflated. Yes it has it's issues but very fun pin and I say very good for there 1st pin. Also spooky has best/fastest customer service.

#60 8 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

With respect I will have to disagree. I think AMH is a fun game but I also think it is a bit of a novelty pin and the fun factor for me wore off rather quickly. A local op that had one on location said he had a ton of issues with it along with the playfield showing significant wear right away. He was sent a replacement but obviously there was an issue with quality. He basically called out Spooky Pinball and stated that they did not design the machine to be for a high use route location. There has been a HUO one on Denver CL for $7300 sitting for over a month? Supply and demand are one thing but I personally do not value the machine over $6k even with only 150 being made. For 6k plus I could think of a ton of other titles I would rather have. Just my opinion

Just want to point out that OP you are reffering to had an earlier run (not that it makes any pf defect acceptable, but spooky made refinements from what theyblearned early on). On the flip side, we have one on route locally in madison and it has had fewer issues than ALL new sterns out of the box. A few minor tweaks and it has been rock solid. No pf defects.

The game has some 3d printed parts and some things that may not be the same as other game makers but by and large my experience is the differences are better. For example, me had a servo go out.... Guess what, it was 4 bucks and available everywhere. Also took a few min to replace. In my experience operating it, amh has been rock solid and people love it. I will say it is not a great route game as it is TOO difficult for most people. Casual people try it and then walk away feeling like there is better value elsewhere. Players really enjoy it as it is super fun and challenging yet completely accomplisable goals.

Our game is past the mid way point of producation run in case you are wondering.

#61 8 years ago

This brings up something else I have said for a long time. I hear people say the theme is "meh"..... Well it is a made up theme.

This is the first original (no license) theme in years. I believe a license make a game more desirable, despite what people say. As they say they want an original theme, but seem to favor licensed themes with their $. Reality in marketing is licenses sell more product.

Rob Zombie will sell more because there are fans. Where as AMH people are like meh, never heard of that before.

#62 8 years ago
Quoted from Eryeal:

Yes but the other part of supply and demand is the desire to buy. I think the jury is still out on AMH and where it ranks in terms of actual gameplay. I'm not sure it can be put in the ranks of CC, MM, AFM, BBB. Being hard to find is one part of the equation - the other is does someone actually think the game is that much fun that they want to pay a huge premium.

I am a pinball player. I will say that all things comparable in the low supply and high demand game arena, i would take AMH over cc, tronle, acdcle, cc, bbb, etc... Those other games are not even close to the fun factor of amh.

For those that are pinball collectors, amh obviously also offers the desirability of an extremely limited production run.

To me if a limited game is fun and you want one then you had better jump on one sooner than later as demand has that amazing effect of decreasing supply and increasing cost.

Amh is trending up with sales of huo going for 7200, nib a few months ago for 7700 stock factory pickup, and nobody really knows the future.

i will say that i reccomend anyone with one, open it up and play it! You may regret selling it without digging into it first. Likely you won't be able to find it in the future for whatever you sell it for.

#63 8 years ago

I will just keep playing mine while everyone is losing their minds over this. Not for sale.

#64 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

i will say that i reccomend anyone with one, open it up and play it! You may regret selling it without digging into it first. Likely you won't be able to find it in the future for whatever you sell it for.

If this one sells for ten thousand USD I don't think many will be opening new ones for a bit. Less chance of me getting to play one in Dallas in March.

#65 8 years ago
Quoted from PavBall:

If this one sells for ten thousand USD I don't think many will be opening new ones for a bit. Less chance of me getting to play one in Dallas in March.

I have to imagine someone in texas will bring one??

You can always stop buy good ole madison wi anytime and play for .75 per game. A bargin for a 10k game

I don't think the sales price of this one has any impact on others opening their game. Reality is that there are only about 10 amh left to be built (as i understand it they are building the last ten at the new shop to help figure out new layout with a familiar build). The vast majority were opened a long time ago and are being played.

#66 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I have to imagine someone in texas will bring one??
You can always stop buy good ole madison wi anytime and play for .75 per game. A bargin for a 10k game
I don't think the sales price of this one has any impact on others opening their game. Reality is that there are only about 10 amh left to be built (as i understand it they are building the last ten at the new shop to help figure out new layout with a familiar build). The vast majority were opened a long time ago and are being played.

Would you mind sharing how many plays your "on location" AMH has seen so far? Just wondering how durable the later models will be.

#67 8 years ago

I had contemplated leaving my AMH in the box and selling it. But, I figured life is too short so I unboxed it. Since then, I have been playing a TON of pinball. For me it's a game that will stay around quite a while because I like the rule set and it's just plain fun. I'm not certain $3,500 is that much more of a premium if you really want the game but I think that's probably the ceiling for AMH even 5 years down the road.

#68 8 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

I had contemplated leaving my AMH in the box and selling it. But, I figured life is too short so I unboxed it. Since then, I have been playing a TON of pinball. For me it's a game that will stay around quite a while because I like the rule set and it's just plain fun. I'm not certain $3,500 is that much more of a premium if you really want the game but I think that's probably the ceiling for AMH even 5 years down the road.

All that sunlight has already devalued your game since you opened it.

#69 8 years ago

wow, that's almost 15 000 for me, plus taxes, shipping.....closer to 19 000

#70 8 years ago
Quoted from Darth_Chris:

wow, that's almost 15 000 for me, plus taxes, shipping.....closer to 19 000

What a bargain!

#71 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

All that sunlight has already devalued your game since you opened it.

I took their advice and got my windows UV filmed

#72 8 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

I'm not certain $3,500 is that much more of a premium if you really want the game

I am, but the market will decide.

#73 8 years ago

OP is free to ask whatever he wants for the game. But we shouldn't call this "pinball". This is "commodities trading."

#74 8 years ago
Quoted from PinballHelp:

OP is free to ask whatever he wants for the game. But we shouldn't call this "pinball". This is "commodities trading."

hahaha! The problem with pinball prices is someone is always willing to pay the higher price.

#75 8 years ago
Quoted from roc-noc:

Would you mind sharing how many plays your "on location" AMH has seen so far? Just wondering how durable the later models will be.

Similar amounts to all the newer sterns we have on location. It seems to be every bit as durable if not more durable than most of the Sterns from the same timeframe and similar amount of play.

Only issues wehave had have been minor. Replaced a servo. Few loose guides to check every so often. 1 broken plastic but charlie gave us a spare to replace it. Wire broken off on three bank but just needed resoldered. Issues have been very minimal on amh and i would take it over a few other games which we have had constant issues with and needed lots of tweaking to get them right. For example i spent tons of time tweaking TWD to play correctly. So far looks like our GOT is going to need some full topside teardown and adjustments to get it playing better.

I can say ou pf and mechs on AMH have been super solid and i have been impressed w how well it has held up. So many people were claiming it had a home brew feel, but it sure does not perform like a home brew game.

#76 8 years ago

Tiger has already got dibs on my RZ for $15k

#77 8 years ago
Quoted from shlockdoc:

So a 40% markup for nib is normal? Ok. I played this at a show. Sweet pin for a first attempt. Played like a first attempt pin. No way it is a 10k pin. Nothing against spooky, played like a homemade pin.

How much did those NIB Black Knight's sell for? 3x, 4x, or 5x what a Black Knight is normally worth? Or the percent mark-up on Teekee's Cactus Canyon?

Simply put, when it's an extremely rare game with no other NIBs up for sale, and likely none to be again, it's able to command a high price.

And to people who say the gameplay is just mediocre, how many games do you have on it? I've got a few hundred on mine and it's the only game I've ever owned that I've put that many on. It's rare that a modern game like this has such a terrific "just one more game" feel to me, however AMH has nailed it perfectly. I have no intentions to ever sell my AMH, regardless of what the price goes up to, and once more people like me start to buy these up, you'll see less and less coming up for sale, and people who want one will really have to fight and pay accordingly to get one.

#78 8 years ago

It seems as though some here seek a pinball Utopia, maybe a dream place in communist North Korea where all pinballs are forced to be sold for the original purchase price forever? Remember no one died from not having their favorite pinball game. It’s not food or shelter. Please people seek wisdom! “Being ignorant is not so much a shame, as being unwilling to learn.” Benjamin Franklin said, “He that won’t be counseled can’t be helped.” Always be open to learning. You can learn from anyone and from any situation. You can learn from the fool as well as the genius. Bruce Lee said, “A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer.”
What’s so ignorant you say? It’s thinking no one should be allowed to purchase something or make something with their talents to offer to an excited, willing buyer for profit. Perhaps then, take that money and multiply it. One day become a lender not a borrower! Have a family and bless others.

#79 8 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Its funny that the people taking up for it saying that there are only 150 made and this is a highly in demand title are also all owners lol. Its a cool pin but come on ,there gets to a price point that it just isnt viable anymore

Here's the deal though bro and why your argument is a tad flawed. There are only 150 machines. So, that means that the percentage of people who want the game to the amount of games available is higher than many games for sale. No one is saying it's the next Medieval Madness. AMH value is not indicative of the current pinball market. So, you only need to find 150 buyers that really want the game to get the price you want. And that's assuming everyone that currently owns a machine wants to sell.

#80 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Wow......he lowballed you....I bet you could get $15K plus he could throw in Varkon.

Just kidding......sure miss playing Varkon....maybe it could make the trip to Houston for expo......wishful thinking anyway.

#81 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

That was pesos I was offering.

#82 8 years ago

I now understand how Jpop was able to get people to pay 16k for a pin they never saw. People go crazy for owning something that is rare.

I have a pin they only made 300 of and I only paid $750 for it so I feel like I got a bargain.

I don't fault the seller. He might as well test how high people will go.

#83 8 years ago

original-1_(resized).jpgoriginal-1_(resized).jpg

#84 8 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

I will just keep playing mine while everyone is losing their minds over this. Not for sale.

How about my old BK2K?? Is that for sale

#85 8 years ago

Op is saying if you want it, and are willing to pay for it, it's available. Good luck ever finding an AMH nib again. GLWS SCS REPRESENT

#86 8 years ago
Quoted from pindel:

It seems as though some here seek a pinball Utopia, maybe a dream place in communist North Korea where all pinballs are forced to be sold for the original purchase price forever?

Oh no, you've uncovered Pinside's evil plan! First they're going to make everybody pay no higher than retail for all games, immediately followed by eliminating private property ownership, creating a rogue nuclear weapons program and rounding up all the troublemakers and exterminating them.

#87 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

i would take AMH over cc, tronle, acdcle, cc, bbb, etc..

You must be back in Colorado this week eh? I love AMH. Hell, I'm in the game and biased. But as much as I love it, Tron, ACDC, and CCC are games I would rather have.

#88 8 years ago
Quoted from PinballKen:

You must be back in Colorado this week eh? I love AMH. Hell, I'm in the game and biased. But as much as I love it, Tron, ACDC, and CCC are games I would rather have.

Lol.

Yup in co but notpartaking...

I would take amh over all those others. You know i dislike tron and acdc (so glad we got rid of that turd). ccc i would possibly take over amh but i don't have enough time of erics code yet to know if it made the incomplete game really worth the premium.

#89 8 years ago
Quoted from PavBall:

I might be bringing with to Texas. Trying to work out the logistics of trailering it. I would also like to bring my wozle and hobbit (if in have it). Pinballs were meant to be played, not kept in boxes. If that were the case, the boxes would be made of something better than cardboard.

#90 8 years ago

$10K?

b12918b5d7aa701984ec8c59640f3767_(resized).jpgb12918b5d7aa701984ec8c59640f3767_(resized).jpg

#91 8 years ago

How much would it be worth if the translite was signed by Harrison Ford?

#92 8 years ago

4085959_(resized).jpg4085959_(resized).jpg

#93 8 years ago

Thanks for the interest so far, but no solid deals yet..

I know I am not too far off at least.

Thanks for the free bumps I am sorry if you do not agree with the price. I am looking for 9.5k obo before shipping. So if you are interested but don't like it, make me an offer and setup shipping yourself.

I am willing to wait a bit before I crack and open it myself to keep... But one way or another a machine or two will have to go to fund my basement arcade room, this is the only one I can let go because I haven't played it yet. Once I play it, I will probably want to keep it...

#94 8 years ago

And this is why limited runs of desirable pins is stupid. $10,000 already.. I knew this was going to happen.

GLWTS.

#95 8 years ago
Quoted from akm:

And this is why limited runs of desirable pins is stupid. $10,000 already.. I knew this was going to happen.
GLWTS.

I guess someone should call Bernie Sanders.

#96 8 years ago
Quoted from akm:

GLWTS.

I think its some what desirable tho bc its limited . People in this hobby are like that. They want what not many people have which is just like alot hobbies. Its just a average pin with low production numbers . If there were a bunch of these made by stern at 6500 it wld not have been a great seller imo and wld have been crucified worse than g.o. t originally was , but bc its a small company both their pins seem to get a pass on everything lol.

#97 8 years ago

10K will soon be a bargain for this game.
Great game made by Spooky Pinball.
150 total produced. No more. Ever.
Most will stay in home collections.
No vault additions.
No remakes.
Good luck finding one in the future.

#98 8 years ago

Good for you if you sell it at your asking price but does price include shipping to the moon?

#99 8 years ago
Quoted from MikeHogue:

10K will soon be a bargain for this game.
Great game made by Spooky Pinball.
150 total produced. No more. Ever.
Most will stay in home collections.
No vault additions.
No remakes.
Good luck finding one in the future.

The problem is that it is not a 10K game. The play is good but not 10K good. I would buy 3 3k games and enjoy myself way more.

#100 8 years ago

As one of the 150, but still waiting for Aussie delivery. My plan is to open it play it share it with my fellow league players. I don't buy pins to sell just play....but when if the time comes to sell, I would put it up for 10k Aud. landed cost will be 9.5k Aud. with only 6 in country I think a 500 increase is fair. Based on OP pricing mine will be worth 14k Aud....I just don't see anyone paying that much.
GLWS market will determine price at the end of the day.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

There are 258 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 6.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-americas-most-haunted-spooky-pinball-2014-2017/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.