• Latest reply 4 years ago by Dayhuff
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0173 (resized).JPG
IMG_0095 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whysnow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#4 4 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

I doubt this will last long. It seems as though I get PMs asking if I want to sell mine within minutes of posting a picture of my lineup.
Good luck with your sale. Alien Star is one of my favorites.

He will need some pictures if he wants to sell...

#8 4 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

Yeah , isn't this like double+ the going rate? Hard to sling at top dollar without pics

2500+ is actually typical for a nice Alien Star currently.

but if John wants to sell then photos are the norm...

Honestly not sure why anyone would post any game FS and not post photos? Esp since I am guessing the pf wear and backglass flaking is not as bad as most are imagining.

#14 4 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

I thought it hovered around $1k. $2k+ is news to me I've passed on several around $1k just because I wasn't particularly interested in the title.

you regularly quote the lowest prices I ever hear anyone quote and you have been quoting them for years now...

If you are really finding these prices then you could make a lot of friends or a healthy side hustle with very little effort flipping some games...
also gotta love when you see a moderator quoting this in yet another FS thread but still no links to back it up

#16 4 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

The northeast has a healthy number of pins that go up for sale in general. Prices might be higher in your area than they are around here.
Even when I buy at the prices I share, I rarely get ahead in this area. Maybe I should ship games to your area, lol

I will take 3 AlienStars in the condition advertised for 1k, pay for shipping, and give you $500 as a finders fee.

Just let me know when you have them...

#21 4 years ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

@whysnow price pumping a pin he owns in a for sale thread for his own benefit and not the seller’s...nothing new.

yeah...

Always for my benefit.. cause I sell lots of games?

I am looking to BUY an Alienstar! Why the hell would I be price pumping it?
I am just realistic and pay attention to prices on games I actually like and may buy. Gets old seeing people shit on sale threads without a single link to a recent sale. It is entirely one thing to try and down play a game by a couple hundred and brag about a good deal you saw someone else get. It is a whole nother level when you are claiming the FMV is <50% the asking price in someones FS thread, but then can't even do the right thing and back it up.

To me personally it is quite a bit worse when you are doing it to someone that has been a figure in the hobby for so many years and an all around good guy like Dayhuff is.

If John had some pictures up then I may be trying to figure out when I can make a trip to visit him again.

#22 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

That one sold in about 10 minutes. I'd say Jiggly Martian left some serious meat on that bone.
If I had seen it, I would have immediately PMd him an "I'll take it." That game also needed a bit of work if I recall.

you know it is bad when Levi and I agree on something...

#42 4 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

sorry, one sat on facebook in the denver area for a few weeks for $900 a couple months ago so thats where I thought this was over priced as the Denver market is pretty hot //shrug
gltws its a fun game for sure!

Pretty sure that was a fake ad?

#43 4 years ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

Sale pending.
John

Congrats. Figured it would not last long. Even without pics.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whysnow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-alien-star-2?tu=whysnow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.