• 26 posts
  • 19 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 months ago by knockerlover
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

• Alien Heighway Pinball, 2017

Topic Gallery

There have been 24 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

0C3F1F0A-DFD8-4B28-B4C1-127A92335DFA (resized).jpeg
IMG_5736 (resized).JPG
IMG_0413 (resized).JPG
IMG_9822 (resized).JPG
IMG_1805 (resized).JPG
IMG_7710 (resized).JPG
IMG_4116 (resized).JPG
IMG_0989 (resized).JPG
IMG_4220 (resized).JPG
IMG_2472 (resized).JPG
IMG_9306 (resized).JPG
IMG_4725 (resized).JPG
IMG_0225 (resized).JPG
IMG_5765 (resized).JPG
IMG_8779 (resized).JPG
IMG_8128 (resized).JPG

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

#1 8 months ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Price

$ 17,000 (OBO)

Open for offers

for sale

For sale: Alien LE with extras, < 50 plays, recently unbo

Added: February 24th, 2019 Ended: February 26th, 2019
Condition: NOB - New out of box (first owner)

Item description

Greetings everyone.

Recently I sold my Alien SE and I'm now looking to sell my Alien LE.

Based on recent sales, extras I'm including, and the fact that this game is essentially new out of box I'm asking $17K. A cash sale is my first choice, although I'd consider one of the games on my wish list being worked into the deal.

Game was purchased by me NIB from Wayne in Australia. I unboxed the game in August. Since that time the game has received very little play as I had an Alien SE that I played rather than this one. This game currently has less than 50 total plays on it. It has the green LE armor.

Everything works as it should (although I noticed in the video I shot and share below that one slingshot switch needs to be adjusted).

In addition to the game I'll include: 2 spare IO boards, 2 extra egg pop-bumper caps, an original numbered/signed Alien art print from the LE backglass artist, and any other miscellaneous Alien pinball pieces I find.

Shipping is not an issue through a service like STI if it is paid for and arranged by the buyer, however once the machine leaves my possession any damage claim is between you and the shipper. I'm happy to wrap the game in moving blankets and bubble-wrap for shipping, but I don't have access to pallets or shipping crates. I have plenty of Pinside references.

Happy to take any additional pictures for perspective buyers. Please let me know if you have any questions. Thanks for looking.

Item photos

IMG_0225 (resized).JPG
IMG_0413 (resized).JPG
IMG_0722 (resized).JPG
IMG_0989 (resized).JPG
IMG_1805 (resized).JPG
IMG_1805 2 (resized).JPG
IMG_2472 (resized).JPG
IMG_2937 (resized).JPG
IMG_3012 (resized).JPG
IMG_3753 (resized).JPG
IMG_4116 (resized).JPG
IMG_4220 (resized).JPG
IMG_4725 (resized).JPG
IMG_5736 (resized).JPG
IMG_5764 (resized).JPG
IMG_5765 (resized).JPG
IMG_5995 (resized).JPG
IMG_7710 (resized).JPG
IMG_8128 (resized).JPG
IMG_8779 (resized).JPG
IMG_9306 (resized).JPG
IMG_9822 (resized).JPG
IMG_9835 (resized).JPG

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Listing result

The seller ended this ad and submitted the final sales price into our price database but opted not to disclose the price publicly.

Seller contributed to Pinside for selling this item!

Item location

Aldie, VA, US

Seller insights

These are PinBackpacker's all time market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to PinBackpacker's stats page

#2 8 months ago

Sorry about by poor flipping skills in the video! The video really doesn’t do justice to the awesome audio and video of this game, it looks and sounds amazing in person!

Chris is a great guy and I helped unbox this game with him. It’s as mint as they come! Buy with confidence.

#3 8 months ago

This is the real deal and is as beautiful as they come. These LEs were run late in the production and are much more reliable than earlier games. Chris is a great seller, buy with confidence.

#4 8 months ago

Of all the Aliens I've had the privilege of playing - this one is the best to play. Hooked up to a subwoofer like pinbackpacker has it and it's amazing.

This is the way the game was meant to be played and it's incredible. Buy with confidence

#5 8 months ago

If I had the money. This is a grail pin for me.

#6 8 months ago

Well that was fast. Sale pending, awaiting deposit.

#7 8 months ago

Wow congrats! Insane price!

Guess I should have pushed harder to get mine, although it was a bit like gambling and winning the lottery!

Wish I could have gotten one, would have loved to play it.

#8 8 months ago

Congratulations! That sale!
On the other hand, would you care to make a $2000 donation to my fund? That’s the amount I lost on my deposit

#9 8 months ago

That is awesome! Alien LE is as good or better then the other $15k plus rare pins. Def increasing in value. I’ll be trading mine in the near future. Great to see all the work you guys have done to keep game operational pay off.

#10 8 months ago

Deposit received.

#11 8 months ago
Quoted from bladerunner:

Congratulations! That sale!
On the other hand, would you care to make a $2000 donation to my fund? That’s the amount I lost on my deposit

That’s not a tall order considering some of your $2000 is in this machine.

Had I got mine, any profit above what I paid would have gone towards restitution.

Wouldn’t want any blood money on my books...same reason I only use ethically sourced diamonds in my teeth.

#12 8 months ago
Quoted from chrisnack:

Wow congrats! Insane price!
Guess I should have pushed harder to get mine, although it was a bit like gambling and winning the lottery!
Wish I could have gotten one, would have loved to play it.

You, me and a bunch of other first comers Andrew screwed. Game will be forever infamous for money taken from these folks.

I have no hard feelings towards the present day buyers and sellers. I’m glad they at least got something.

#13 8 months ago
Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

That’s not a tall order considering some of your $2000 is in this machine.
Had I got mine, any profit above what I paid would have gone towards restitution.
Wouldn’t want any blood money on my books...same reason I only use ethically sourced diamonds in my teeth.

I'm probably making a mistake responding to this, but I will anyway.

I originally placed a $1500 deposit for an Alien LE in October 2016 at Expo. Within 2-3 months I started seeing signs of trouble with Heighway's business and I requested a refund. Andrew talked me into staying on board. I did so, but after being told for a few months my game was about to ship and it never did I finally bailed. Heighway stalled repeatedly on returning my money, but when Pinball Bros took over I was able to get a refund. Fast forward about 18 months later, Pinball Bros successfully built their final run of games, a batch of them were in Australia where I purchased one.

So I had money at risk, I was fortunate and got out at the right time, re-entered the Alien game later, paid full retail for my LE, plus about another $1K to have it shipped from Australia.

I was also fortunate enough to source a batch of the Alien IO boards before they were widely available which were used in the Alien/FT community to resurrect some machines and as backups in others. So I feel I've contributed positively to keeping the games running and their value within the pinball community.

I feel badly for anyone that lost money to Heighway Pinball. I had money at risk as well but was fortunate to get my deposit out at the right time.

Chris

#14 8 months ago

pinbackpacker is part of our small northern Virginia Weyland Yutani club, that has been working for the last 8 months to keep these games alive. Sourcing parts, working on issues, working with overseas manufacturers. and helping people get parts to keep their games running.

It sucks that Andrew Heighway burned you, but you don’t have to crap on a for sale thread and drag anyone else down with you.

Those of you complaining about how you would give back to the alien community.. why don’t you? Because.. you’re just whining armchair keyboard commandos..

#15 8 months ago

The last two I have seen sold within a day or two at 17K...so glad I bit the bullet awhile back and got one. I think that people are just now being able to appreciate this game due to all of the early games that had issues. I played this game at TPF in its early stage and the problems it had along with early code pushed me away. My late production LE feels like a totally different game. Congrats on the sale!

#17 8 months ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

It sucks that Andrew Heighway burned you, but you don’t have to crap on a for sale thread and drag anyone else down with you.

Agreed....I lost my $1500.00, as did many, but was able to pay full price and grab one of the final production run LE's....congrats on the sale (but you will miss it!!)

#18 8 months ago

Congrats to another buyer and seller that are very happy. The game is a blast and pulls you in! When playing this game I feel like I'm sucked into it and have no idea what is going on around me when I'm playing..it is weird to explain... Cheers

#19 8 months ago

such a sick looking machine! Love the powder, the LE'ness, nice. OP is top notch too btw.

#20 8 months ago
Quoted from PinBackpacker:

I'm probably making a mistake responding to this, but I will anyway.
I originally placed a $1500 deposit for an Alien LE in October 2016 at Expo. Within 2-3 months I started seeing signs of trouble with Heighway's business and I requested a refund. Andrew talked me into staying on board. I did so, but after being told for a few months my game was about to ship and it never did I finally bailed. Heighway stalled repeatedly on returning my money, but when Pinball Bros took over I was able to get a refund. Fast forward about 18 months later, Pinball Bros successfully built their final run of games, a batch of them were in Australia where I purchased one.
So I had money at risk, I was fortunate and got out at the right time, re-entered the Alien game later, paid full retail for my LE, plus about another $1K to have it shipped from Australia.
I was also fortunate enough to source a batch of the Alien IO boards before they were widely available which were used in the Alien/FT community to resurrect some machines and as backups in others. So I feel I've contributed positively to keeping the games running and their value within the pinball community.
I feel badly for anyone that lost money to Heighway Pinball. I had money at risk as well but was fortunate to get my deposit out at the right time.
Chris

You don't have to defend yourself. Everyone is responsible for their own actions and has to understand the risk of putting large deposits down on items like this. It sucks that Heighway couldn't get out more games. It sounds like they were starting to get all the kinks worked out towards the end. I only got to play one that was an early build stuck on old code. It had a lot of issues but was still pretty cool to play. With the prices they are going for now, probably will never see one again.

#21 8 months ago

As good as these last versions are its hard to believe they couldn't get it over the hump and sell the shit out of these great pins.

#22 8 months ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

pinbackpacker is part of our small northern Virginia Weyland Yutani club, that has been working for the last 8 months to keep these games alive. Sourcing parts, working on issues, working with overseas manufacturers. and helping people get parts to keep their games running.
Those of you complaining about how you would give back to the alien community.. why don’t you? Because.. you’re just whining armchair keyboard commandos..

You’re right. Threadcrapping for sale ads is total dbag, I despise it actually. Sorry op.

But I despise alien pinball even more from being day 1 hip to all the lies and victims.

I would have loved to give back $$ to the alien community if I turned a profit on the backs of those who lost. Thankfully Mark advised me to get a refund, which I did. Sound advice!

Heighway fun fact:
Heighways controller at the time accidentally cc’d me the entire Alien preorder list, complete with names and email addresses.

The people running that place...

Smh!

#23 8 months ago
Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

You’re right. Threadcrapping for sale ads is total dbag, I despise it actually. Sorry op.
But I despise alien pinball even more from being day 1 hip to all the lies and victims.
I would have loved to give back $$ to the alien community if I turned a profit on the backs of those who lost. Thankfully Mark advised me to get a refund, which I did. Sound advice!
Heighway fun fact:
Heighways controller at the time accidentally cc’d me the entire Alien preorder list, complete with names and email addresses.
The people running that place...
Smh!

For the record, I've since moved!

#24 8 months ago
Quoted from iceman44:

For the record, I've since moved!

Same here!

#25 8 months ago

we had 24 NIB Aliens and sold 98% of them for $9-$10k US each
the last 2 a bit higher as it cost several Thousand dollars to have one repaired that was damaged in shipping.

So the messages we received about profiting from them is far from the truth.

I am glad they are going up in price, with less than 200 in the world a rare pinball

#26 8 months ago

The nice people from the factory in China where I bought the Alien PCs from, sent me a gold plated bookmark as a token of our friendship. We can split this up between everyone who had a deposit in on alien.

0C3F1F0A-DFD8-4B28-B4C1-127A92335DFA (resized).jpeg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside