• Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

E0333199-D93B-4EFC-90AF-76812035F0CD (resized).png
E7FC01E7-8711-4737-8F5B-2E3E68E1C51D (resized).png
A17D3278-4EDB-4E05-B8E3-7B42FCF1979D (resized).png

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has expired, so this topic closed automatically.

#1 4 years ago

EXPIRED

Expired ad

This ad has expired and was removed from the MarketPlace. The owner has been requested to end their ad, so it can be archived.

Game - for sale

For sale: Alien

Added: 2019-05-16 03:51:32 UTC
Condition: Used - shows wear, needs some work

#2 4 years ago

Failed to mention the playfield lcd is out, however your ad on Klov does.

Glwts

#3 4 years ago

Auction commencing in 3...2...1...

#4 4 years ago

This will be interesting...

#5 4 years ago

Joined today, 1st post

#7 4 years ago

It's legit,
It is posted elsewhere.

#8 4 years ago
Quoted from Vintagetrucker:

Ad listing: For sale: Alien

What do you think the value will be be if a US remake is announced next month or two?

#9 4 years ago
Quoted from bladerunner:

What do you think the value will be be if a US remake is announced next month or two?

Do you SERIOUSLY think an Alien remake will be announced in the next month or two?

#10 4 years ago

A rare bird for sure, but has Tommy at Nitro over estimated the value of this game? Ask Tommy how many have actually sold for that price? Low to mid teens tops for this one. Maybe high teens for a perfect one. Adding some high-resolution pictures may help. Is it fully functional (other than the playfield display)? Does the launcher and xenomorph both work properly?

#11 4 years ago

Any movement on this from the newbie?
Free bump.

#12 4 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

Any movement on this from the newbie?
Free bump.

Guy backed out of a deal. Game is a super early build and the pf screen is broken and non functional with unknown issue.

#13 4 years ago

Nitro told me that it was valued between $20,000 US and $22,000 US

LOL... there's a local one in Nitro's area for sale "asking $9000"...

#14 4 years ago

Ad listing: For sale: Alien

When you called me to ask the value I stated some had sold for over 20k USD. That doesn't mean that there worth that amount. I also don't appreciate your using our name to further your sale.

#15 4 years ago

Well if Tommy says its worth $20k, I guess we'd better pony up! haha

#16 4 years ago

#17 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Wow. I had no idea that Alien prices were going south like this. 11K OBO? And no buyers yet??
I mean, I suspected they would, given a variety of reasons, but not this soon. Did I miss something?

Guys he traded it for a bm66 premium.

This game is serial number 32 very early with non working screen in playfield. It’s all a standard not an le

#18 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Wow. I had no idea that Alien prices were going south like this. 11K OBO? And no buyers yet??
I mean, I suspected they would, given a variety of reasons, but not this soon. Did I miss something?

You made a blanket conclusion on Alien prices just from this guy's FS thread using a sample of 1.

Bad display and game is still listed "north" of original price. And unlike some other boutique games, parts are available.

#19 4 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

Your post is troll-ish.

My mistake and I will delete my post. And you can edit my quoted comment out of yours afterward, if you choose.

Quoted from RTS:

Before this thread, you were unaware of Alien prices.

Bullshit and it's troll-ish of you to make a false accusation like that. I am well aware of Alien prices, that's why I was surprised at the low asking price.

No matter, I agree a portion of my post was inappropriate and I will deleted it.

#20 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

My mistake and I will delete my post. And you can edit my quoted comment out of yours afterward, if you choose.

Bullshit and it's troll-ish of you to make a false accusation like that. I am well aware of Alien prices, that's why I was surprised at the low asking price.
No matter, I agree a portion of my post was inappropriate and I will deleted it entirely.

Fair enough, I'm wrong to have said that. I have deleted your quoted comments from my original thread.

#21 4 years ago

Nice alien hug out.

#22 4 years ago
Quoted from Ilushka85:

Guys he traded it for a bm66 premium.
This game is serial number 32 very early with non working screen in playfield. It’s all a standard not an le

So in 4 days he dropped his price from between 11-20k to what 7 tops? That seems a bit odd unless there was a lot of cash on the hood.

#23 4 years ago

From what I have seen, upgrading the early Alien pins to be equal to the later Alien pins requires at least $1,000 in parts and then the skills to install all these parts. If the cabinet, displays and playfield look good, looks like it would be worth it.

Aaron
FAST Pinball

E0333199-D93B-4EFC-90AF-76812035F0CD (resized).pngE0333199-D93B-4EFC-90AF-76812035F0CD (resized).png
#24 4 years ago

If it was one of the two I had it was already updated.
Same with Libtech's Alien by Edmonton.

#25 4 years ago
Quoted from fastpinball:

From what I have seen, upgrading the early Alien pins to be equal to the later Alien pins requires at least $1,000 in parts and then the skills to install all these parts. If the cabinet, displays and playfield look good, looks like it would be worth it.
Aaron
FAST Pinball
[quoted image]

Worth it ? standard aliens have been selling for 10-12k no more. Only le have sold for more. Also the pf display does not work on this.

#26 4 years ago
Quoted from Ilushka85:

Worth it ? standard aliens have been selling for 10-12k no more. Only le have sold for more. Also the pf display does not work on this.

PF display is an off the shelf pc display plugged into a port on a computer (Can't remember which one because the zbox has 3 different styles for some reason and each display corresponds to a specific one). My guess is that the cable is loose for power since the run off a usb hub that is ziptied to a rail under the pf. Even if the display was bad you are under 100 to replace the whole thing. It really is small potatoes. This isn't custom hardware.

Aron, you are missing the control board for the tongue and (available on ebay for 77 shipped to the us) and the leds to replace. After that add in new display cables and new usb cables. 1000 is about right. I should know I've dropped almost 900 and just need the leds to do mine.

#27 4 years ago
Quoted from dung:

PF display is an off the shelf pc display plugged into a port on a computer (Can't remember which one because the zbox has 3 different styles for some reason and each display corresponds to a specific one). My guess is that the cable is loose for power since the run off a usb hub that is ziptied to a rail under the pf. Even if the display was bad you are under 100 to replace the whole thing. It really is small potatoes. This isn't custom hardware.
Aron, you are missing the control board for the tongue and (available on ebay for 77 shipped to the us) and the leds to replace. After that add in new display cables and new usb cables. 1000 is about right. I should know I've dropped almost 900 and just need the leds to do mine.

So it will be maybe 1000 to get it about right... and that still makes it 10-12k assuming rest is perfect. Pinside Market shows that standard aliens have gone in that range. It still is not 20k

#28 4 years ago
Quoted from Ilushka85:

So it will be maybe 1000 to get it about right... and that still makes it 10-12k assuming rest is perfect. Pinside Market shows that standard aliens have gone in that range. It still is not 20k

Your 10k aliens are overseas and you have two sales on pinside for that. The us side of things have been 13k+ for SE's. So no, not 10-12k assuming the rest is perfect. 13k+

You want a 10k alien, then spend 1300 or so in shipping. Then pay import fees because it wasn't made in the us. You still end up with a 13k alien. this is if the buyer is taking usd otherwise more for conversion fees.

Mine was offered for trade at 10k. It had issues and .94 code. Issues on mine are a lot worse than just a pc display not turning on. I was not the only one who made serious offers for the one I got.

#29 4 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Your 10k aliens are overseas and you have two sales on pinside for that. The us side of things have been 13k+ for SE's. So no, not 10-12k assuming the rest is perfect. 13k+
You want a 10k alien, then spend 1300 or so in shipping. Then pay import fees because it wasn't made in the us. You still end up with a 13k alien. this is if the buyer is taking usd otherwise more for conversion fees.

There is no import duty on pinball machines from Europe that were made in uk coming to us. I have done it with multiple most recently in January.

All of the 13k ones sold on Pinside had spare parts of sorts. Pull up the list.

#30 4 years ago
Quoted from Ilushka85:

There is no import duty on pinball machines from Europe that were made in uk coming to us. I have done it with multiple most recently in January.

And if import duty applied coming for pinball machine it would apply to this game as well ... its in Canada a foreign country.... but again it doesn't because the duty on pinball machines to the US is 0%

#31 4 years ago
Quoted from Ilushka85:

I saw, the parts piles weren't that big. I did my homework before I got mine. Dug through all the sales on here.

If you want to say this is a 10k game. Go buy one for 10k off someone in the us. Until then if you want one in NA that works 100 percent on later production code the cheapest they have been offered is 13k.

Not saying this one is 13k. It needs work and a big chunk of change, but your math is off.

#32 4 years ago
Quoted from dung:

I saw, the parts piles weren't that big. I did my homework before I got mine. Dug through all the sales on here.
If you want to say this is a 10k game. Go buy one for 10k off someone in the us. Until then if you want one in NA that works 100 percent on later production code the cheapest they have been offered is 13k.
Not saying this one is 13k. It needs work and a big chunk of change, but your math is off.

How is my math off? you are saying a perfect example is 13k.... This one needs unknown amount of work and for a fact the display does not work, prior owner told him it needs new hardware to fix the display (is that a new display? maybe? is it a new pc? maybe? is it a graphics card? maybe) we don't know. All im saying is this is a partially working Alien and it is in Canada. The owner does not know anything about alien and can just turn it on and show u it generally works. Also it is known this is an early run serial #32 take that for what it means. If you think it is worth more than 10k... then you should buy it for 10k considering he is trading it for a 7k game.

#33 4 years ago

Alien parts do add up. Hell - mine is perfect, later run, no issues but i've spent close to 2k in parts to have everything just in case (as they lay in storage, unopened). Peace of mind is worth it to me. After my absolute tear of pinball machines in the past 2 years (prob over 50 in and out), it's the best pinball game out there period (better than POTC JJP) so happy to do so.

#34 4 years ago

It needs 1k in parts to get it to later code. 1k actually will buy you some spare parts as well (I ordered a spare io board, switches, pop bumper lights, and will be ordering spare leds).

It has a display out. If that display is the computer, doesn't matter your 1k bought you the later computer, problem bypassed. If it is the screen or control board its under 100 dollars to replace both. It is an off the shelf display. You could honestly use any that fit the frame and accepted a standard signal in that resolution. There is nothing special about it.

You keep chiming in saying he is trading for a 7k game. Do you know he is doing a straight trade? Do you have any proof? So far you keep telling us its a 10k game fully working, but we have to get it transported to us from europe for free. Also have to pay in european currency for free.

As for its in canada. Canada is still NA. People on here are more likely to ship from canada than europe and we have many canadian members.

So, to recap. You can't buy one for 10k in the us or for that matter na that is fully working and on the later code. You can't even show a fully working one for 10k in NA on the old code. You can't ship from europe for free. You have to hope that your european buyer wants USD or you pay a conversion fee. You may or may not be right on the import taxes, but I don't know. I looked into importing a jolly park at one point, but decided it wasn't worth it.

You shouldn't double dip on the cost of both upgrading and repairing a part you are upgrading. Heck as a former owner you should be much more aware of the hardware, but at this point I question if you are one of those people that believe pressing the power button on your monitor turns off your computer...

#35 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

it's the best pinball game out there period (better than POTC JJP) so happy to do so.

That's surprising to hear. Is it the theme that pushing it past JJPPOTC? I mean pirates is packed with features, has a unique layout, and super deep code. Alien seems like half the game in comparison. This is coming from someone who would still like to own one. Its a long standing dream theme for me.

#36 4 years ago

Blah blah blah it’s a shitty clunker of a game anyways.

#37 4 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

That's surprising to hear. Is it the theme that pushing it past JJPPOTC? I mean pirates is packed with features, has a unique layout, and super deep code. Alien seems like half the game in comparison. This is coming from someone who would still like to own one. Its a long standing dream theme for me.

For me it's theme, integration and the modes actually play different and seem unique (similar to hobbit). These are three things that hold me back on POTC (and I own it). Music/sound effects is also better on Alien - possibly the best out there. Speaking of hobbit, Alien is like hobbit with a better theme and a much better layout but it carrys the same strengths such as mode play, music and integration. Hobbit layout for me was a killer.

As for it playing like a clunker, that's typical of someone like that poster who prob hasn't even played it or played it once at a show. The alien layout is completely original so if you haven't played before, it's hard to really find flow. For those that have played a lot of it, it def has flow and feels great. I just love the fresh shots. It's def not a Richie game but it's no where near a clunker.

Again - I'm been through many games. Alien is #1 and it's not even close. When I sell that game is when I'm out of the hobby or the price is just too insane to pass up.

#38 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

modes actually play different and seem unique

I can see that. The same guy, David Thiel, did the sounds/music for both games, so they are both fantastic. However, Alien as a franchise is undoubtedly going to have superior sound assets than pirates. Thanks for the explanation. Now we just need someone to build more, so I can pick one up at a reasonable price.

#39 4 years ago

David is the man. Super talented.

#40 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Alien is #1 and it's not even close. When I sell that game is when I'm out of the hobby or the price is just too insane to pass up.

Same for me period. It has been played every single day since I have it. The first attraction at home when friends come by.
I have spent around 700 dollars in parts / upgrade on mine and I have one of the last built. Play pretty solid.

#41 4 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

Alien is packed with features, a unique layout, great code, great theme and 10x more immersive than POTC BigD. And I'm getting a POTC.

Best sound package and video/immersion of any pin out there.

Did i mention the THEME and related immersion?

#42 4 years ago

Btw, you will be able to buy a new remade Alien in a few months anyhow. It's coming.

#43 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Btw, you will be able to buy a new remade Alien in a few months anyhow. It's coming.

So the rumors keep saying. Last big rumor on here said it would be announced a month ago... some announcement. Rumor mill has also said tbl would be remade. That mmr would get an xl display kit. Am loving the latest spooky making evil dead too.

#44 4 years ago
Quoted from dung:

So the rumors keep saying. Last big rumor on here said it would be announced a month ago... some announcement. Rumor mill has also said tbl would be remade. That mmr would get an xl display kit. Am loving the latest spooky making evil dead too.

Tex is literally the rumor at this point. No one in this entire world will corroborate what he's saying and his timeline keeps slipping BUT I like Tex and his enthusiasm around this so let's see.

#45 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Tex is literally the rumor at this point. No one in this entire world will corroborate what he's saying and his timeline keeps slipping BUT I like Tex and his enthusiasm around this so let's see.

Problem with rumors is that if you make enough eventually you get lucky. People remember the ones that come true, but too often forget how many were fake. In any case I don't care if it gets remade. In mine for less than a new one would cost monetarily at least. Just tired of unfounded rumors.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has expired, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-alien-13 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.