Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1996 (resized).JPG
IMG_4630 (resized).JPG
IMG_4928 (resized).JPG
IMG_4678 (resized).JPG
IMG_4858 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cjmjmm2006.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#20 5 years ago

Love this game. Glws!

#48 5 years ago

Here are a few facts I can share.

I have a few alien games. I have been offered more than this price for a game that is not yet opened that is a standard edition.

I have been offered 11k for a opened standard version prior to the bugs being worked out by our staff.

I am not sure how many units there are total but we have been able to get 2 units working correctly that will go back on my route after the holiday. People that know this are begging me to sell the game. This is not really my move. I considered it but I feel it's better off in my inventory to offer to a customer that has a busy location.

This feels like TBL to me. I get random messages asking me to sell the game to them. I never really plan on selling my games that I do not have additional stock or access of additional stock. Part of keeping our inventory diverse.

I have many times in my life overpaid for something I want so I do not damnify anyone that wants a game that is hard to get and pays what to some may seem like crazy money but to others is just another means to get what they want or think they want.

Collecting different things over the years has showed me rarity, for the most part, is desirable amongst the hard core collectors no matter what. Whisky comes to mind or limited production cars. I'm not making what I see some on here say a cargument, I'm just saying there are some comparisons to being able to drive and own a rare car and flip and play a rare pin.

Congrats on sale.

#51 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

OK OK - everyone keep your pinside panties on.....
1) OP - as the guy who actually provided you instructions on how to install the stock EL blades, I only wish you the best on this sale and it's CLEAR market has spoken. At this exact day and time, Alien is worth 11.5 or whatever you sold it for. Not taking anything away from that. Congrats on the sale.
2) I would not spend 11.5 or 11k or 10.5k, for a SE Alien. Folks talking about price on this thread are all owners or previous ones that have skin in the game. Both are facts - both are my points originally. I'm not saying it's not going to be sold for a higher price even after this. We all know there are suckers all over the place buying things. I can't control that. I am saying what I would pay. That's all. If I don't get another alien b/c of that, np!
3) Mark - your comment seemed to indicate it's a pin you will enjoy and others have paid much more so as long as your happy. To me that sounds like forget the cost of it, as long as your happy it's good. I don't operate that way. Simple as that. Not saying you're wrong - just not me. If I misunderstood no worries, forget what I said as it was based on that interpretation.
Cheers

All this is absolutely correct.

Only thing I will say is I don't really believe anyone is a sucker for buying what they want. Price doesn't matter in some scenarios to people who just want something. These sales could be outliers but we will never know because there are not too many to choose from.

#52 5 years ago

Also please keep in mind, I see people mention a term "price pumping". I assume you guys mean people are thinking about selling this game and are trying to insinuate its value is higher than what would be the norm for this title. I think the value of a game is what it would take to get it to change hands but there certainly is a baseline to be looked at with past sales.

Side note, I am not saying all this to make my games worth more. Just like to participate with the community when I have the time.

Thanks!

#75 5 years ago
Quoted from sinnisterjsb:

I've been following this thread, and full disclosure, I am purchasing this game. Sunking has been great to deal with and I am looking forward to getting this game to the house. Truthfully, I don't look at pinball machines as investments, but something I enjoy playing when given time. You know it's funny looking back when I first got in this hobby. I bought a Tron and thought that would be all. Now I'm trying to stay under 10! 20 is the next number that scares me. Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

This is a very fun game. Very immersive. I'm sure you will be happy with your purchase. Congrats!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cjmjmm2006.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-alien-10?tu=cjmjmm2006 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.