Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1996 (resized).JPG
IMG_4630 (resized).JPG
IMG_4928 (resized).JPG
IMG_4678 (resized).JPG
IMG_4858 (resized).JPG

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 84 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 5 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Game - for sale

For sale: Alien

Added: 2018-11-30 15:42:30 UTC • Ended: December 21st, 2018
Condition: As new - New out of box (first owner)

0 Pinsiders added this ad to their favorites.

Price

$ 11,500 (OBO)

Open for offers

Item description

Serial number HP-AL-SE0112 with manufacture date of Dec 2017. For anyone who followed the saga - this was my SECOND Alien machine which was delivered to me just after TPF in March 2018.

Mods (completely reversible):
Custom EL blades (the SE didn't come with them, so I made my own)
New ball launch ramp - launches into the pops rather than the stock 'dead end' ramp. Stock ramp can be re-installed - no machines were harmed.

Spare Parts included with sale:
I/O board - $250
2 induction switches - $30
14 LED’s (8 unsoldered) - $30
Spare USB cables - $50
Spare Xeno tongue gear (metal) - $10
Spare Xeno Jaw servo’s - $10
TimeBandit Sling tower LED’s - $45

If you want to see a TON of pictures and read about my entire Alien saga - the link is below. NOTE: The first half of that linked page discusses my FIRST Alien machine - which was swapped out for the machine I have now. Scroll down halfway to read about the machine I am offering for sale.

http://www.bradberryman.com/Pinball_Alien_2018.html

Item photos

IMG_1996 (resized).JPG
IMG_4630 (resized).JPG
IMG_4678 (resized).JPG
IMG_4858 (resized).JPG
IMG_4928 (resized).JPG

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are SunKing's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to SunKing's stats page

Listing result

The seller ended this ad and submitted the final sales price into our price database but opted not to disclose the price publicly.

Seller contributed to Pinside for this listing!

Item location

Houston, Texas, US

#2 5 years ago

What???? I thought this thing was bolted to the floor!!! Someone is gonna love this game for sure!

#3 5 years ago

delt31 still looking for one?

#4 5 years ago

Thanks. I keep on eye out for one but 11.5 is not happening. Passed on one earlier that was less too. I'm sure one day Alien will come back home. Not imperative though. Knowing me, it prob would be gone in a year....although that would be a good stay! Only a few have made it that far.

#5 5 years ago

GLWTS! Awesome game!

#6 5 years ago

I was blown away by this game at pinball madness last month...such a shame highway imploded as it did...

#7 5 years ago

Is the flapper included?

#8 5 years ago
Quoted from chooch:

Is the flapper included?

Hahah - sure buddy - I'll throw that in for free!

#9 5 years ago

Priced right given the parts included and the fact that is is a more reliable later run game with many improvements over earlier games.

GLWS - Given community support and recent interest I expect this will go quickly.

#10 5 years ago

SunKing is a great guy and will treat you right. GLWS.

#11 5 years ago

Wow, awesome specimen! Sad to see you leaving the club, but this is a great game for someone!

#12 5 years ago

daaammmit

Quoted from delt31:

Thanks. I keep on eye out for one but 11.5 is not happening. Passed on one earlier that was less too. I'm sure one day Alien will come back home. Not imperative though. Knowing me, it prob would be gone in a year....although that would be a good stay! Only a few have made it that far.

With you man. I'm a huge alien fanatic. I have giger prints all over my walls, and tons of other alien memoribilia. I want one of these bad, but...I just can't bring myself to pay that kind of money given the circumstances.

GLWS.

#13 5 years ago

Great read and pics on your personal page, thanks for creating that.

GLWS

#14 5 years ago

Have no fear when dealing with SunKing. Great seller.

This will make a great machine for someone!

#15 5 years ago

This wont last long.

#16 5 years ago

Exactly what I want, where I want but timing is bad!

#17 5 years ago

I've had a lot of games and Alien is probably the best game I've ever owned or played!!

#18 5 years ago

F Sun King, can't believe you are selling this game!

I agree with the poster above, its the best game I've ever owned and/or played.

These pins are gonna get more scarce every year.

Mine is "bolted to the floor", one of 2 or 3 I have that ain't going nowhere but Alien is at the top of the list.

#19 5 years ago

SunKing is easily one of the great guys on Pinside. Deal in complete confidence with SunKing .

#20 5 years ago

Love this game. Glws!

#21 5 years ago

TigerLaw is of questionable morals, and you shouldn’t believe a word he says.

#22 5 years ago

Thanks to all you guys - Pinballfantexas, Pickle, knockerlover, mavantix, Iceman, Redkknight87 and yes, even TigerLaw for all the kind supportive words.

Alien has been sold.

#23 5 years ago
Quoted from SunKing:

Thanks to all you guys - Pinballfantexas, Pickle, knockerlover, mavantix, Iceman, Redkknight87 and yes, even TigerLaw for all the kind supportive words.
Alien has been sold.

Congrats brother! And to the lucky buyer.

#24 5 years ago

Some one got a great game from a great guy!!!

Thanks for sharing the game with us while you had it!

#25 5 years ago

Intrested in knowing what the price was

#26 5 years ago

Now the secret is out - this game is rare to find for sale in the states and goes for a chunk of change. Sold mine recently as well under the radar, but if you want one - you cannot hesitate. Just not enough to go around.

#27 5 years ago
Quoted from SunKing:

Alien has been sold.

Congrats. It sold locally?

#28 5 years ago
Quoted from SunKing:

Alien has been sold.

Congrats on the sale!!! Sad to see you out, but someone got a great game......more than fair on the price.....

#29 5 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

Now the secret is out - this game is rare to find for sale in the states and goes for a chunk of change. Sold mine recently as well under the radar, but if you want one - you cannot hesitate. Just not enough to go around.

Yup, I think it really helps that all the parts are easy to get now thanks to a bunch of guys making them, both alien and full throttle are great playing games!

#30 5 years ago

Insane to know this was forecasted to be a $6400 so many years ago, and now $11.5K is a "nice deal". True testament to the power of supply and demand.

#31 5 years ago

This is the game Chicago Gaming should be remaking.

#32 5 years ago
Quoted from FrankJ:

This is the game Chicago Gaming should be remaking.

I concur. I would buy it at 8k - maybe even 9k in a heartbeat with the kinks worked out.

Good to see you got it sold so fast. I only had a little bit of hands on with it, and it seemed like a very cool and unique game.

#33 5 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I concur. I would buy it at 8k - maybe even 9k in a heartbeat with the kinks worked out.
Good to see you got it sold so fast. I only had a little bit of hands on with it, and it seemed like a very cool and unique game.

yeah I'm in this bucket too. The ones talking about the fair price of 11.5 are owners of alien so there is some pump going on but considering a players JP sold for 3500+ recently, there are no more expectations in pinball. It's all about timing and what people are willing to pay so who knows. 11.5 or even an 11 to me, someone who has said since day 1 this game was an absolute gem - one of the best after owning it would walk on that price.

#34 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

yeah I'm in this bucket too. The ones talking about the fair price of 11.5 are owners of alien so there is some pump going on but considering a players JP sold for 3500+ recently, there are no more expectations in pinball. It's all about timing and what people are willing to pay so who knows. 11.5 or even an 11 to me, someone who has said since day 1 this game was an absolute gem - one of the best after owning it would walk on that price.

and previous owners... like I said if you take a pass these will get scooped up

#35 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

there is no "pump" on this one....#'s simply aren't there on the very few production LE models that eventually made it before the company tanked. Many people I know that have a game (in US) paid for it at least twice, or at least thousands over what it was supposed to cost, realizing there were only around 100 that ever got made, period. This is not an investment (none of them are) nor a pin that is going to flip..it's a game to HAVE and enjoy...

Congrats to the new owner.....the journey begins.....

#36 5 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

and previous owners... like I said if you take a pass these will get scooped up

correct.....

#37 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

there is no "pump" on this one....#'s simply aren't there on the very few production LE models that eventually made it before the company tanked. Many people I know that have a game (in US) paid for it at least twice, or at least thousands over what it was supposed to cost, realizing there were only around 100 that ever got made, period. This is not an investment (none of them are) nor a pin that is going to flip..it's a game to HAVE and enjoy...
Congrats to the new owner.....the journey begins.....

I'm not talking about LE. The one for sale was a standard. I can understand the LE a little more. Granted not a ton of SEs out there either!! I get it though - I'm just calling out the fact of the matter that people commenting on price in this thread (noting it as good, fair, etc) either own this game or just sold theres.....I'm a facts guy.

#38 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I'm a facts guy.

Fact - the new owner is thrilled to get the game, as they will not be easy or cheap to get...that's all that really matters

#39 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Fact - the new owner is thrilled to get the game, as they will not be easy or cheap to get...that's all that really matters

Seems like "Money be damned - it doesn't matter what the guy pays - he's happy so that's all that matters". ugh ok?

It's cool - just calling out what's going on.

#40 5 years ago

Not price pumping, but I predict this pin will keep going up in value. $11k may seem like a good deal a few years from now with the way prices keep going up

#41 5 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

Not price pumping, but I predict this pin will keep going up in value. $11k may seem like a good deal a few years from now with the way prices keep going up

yes indeed! The market has been pretty crazy - who knows what's going to happen. I can see it going either way.... ; )

#42 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I'm just calling out the fact of the matter that people commenting on price in this thread (noting it as good, fair, etc) either own this game or just sold theres.....I'm a facts guy.

Don't forget to also include those who want to own this game...

Machine - Wanted
Wanted: Alien Archived
Wanted! - “Thinking about buying one (SE). PM me if you have one that is working. Super easy transaction. Trade/cash pref. All of my games are very nice examples. Not even sure what I would...”
2018-11-03
Pittsburgh, PA
Wanted
Archived after: 43 days
Viewed: 1952 times

#43 5 years ago

Yep just as I stated directly myself earlier in the thread matlock.....

#44 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Seems like "Money be damned - it doesn't matter what the guy pays - he's happy so that's all that matters". ugh ok?
It's cool - just calling out what's going on.

The "money be damned" edit to your post was unfortunate. Machines are worth what buyers and sellers agree upon, I'm sure you deal w it quite often as you go through a lot of games.

Money matters to everyone. This game will remain on the high side due to many reasons.

I'm excited it's going to someone that has wanted one for awhile.

Thanks for your " market wisdom" I had no idea.... .....mark

#45 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I'm not talking about LE. The one for sale was a standard. I can understand the LE a little more. Granted not a ton of SEs out there either!! I get it though - I'm just calling out the fact of the matter that people commenting on price in this thread (noting it as good, fair, etc) either own this game or just sold theres.....I'm a facts guy.

Here's a couple facts to consider. This pin sold in a few hours from when it was listed. Since then, I've had four people contact me and let me know that if the sale falls through - they want it. Honestly, I may have left $$ on the table. So are the owners of this pin 'pumping' the price as you allege, or are they just commenting on more factual information?

#46 5 years ago
Quoted from SunKing:

Here's a couple facts to consider. This pin sold in a few hours from when it was listed. Since then, I've had four people contact me and let me know that if the sale falls through - they want it. Honestly, I may have left $$ on the table. So are the owners of this pin 'pumping' the price as you allege, or are they just commenting on more factual information?

Brad, you were ( and are) one of the good guys, and a true Alien pioneer...will miss you in the club. No need to justify anything here, but thanks for pointing out " the real facts".

Ridiculous how this stuff turns up in FS threads....Congrats on your sale!!!...mark

#47 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Correlation does not equal causation. Yes I am an owner of an Alien, but I have insight, experience, data, and perspective that actually Indicates this as a reasonable deal for the current market.

To Sunkings point, I’m helping to broker a similar transaction including people that missed out on this opportunity. The market has spoken and the asking price was apparently accurate.

#48 5 years ago

Here are a few facts I can share.

I have a few alien games. I have been offered more than this price for a game that is not yet opened that is a standard edition.

I have been offered 11k for a opened standard version prior to the bugs being worked out by our staff.

I am not sure how many units there are total but we have been able to get 2 units working correctly that will go back on my route after the holiday. People that know this are begging me to sell the game. This is not really my move. I considered it but I feel it's better off in my inventory to offer to a customer that has a busy location.

This feels like TBL to me. I get random messages asking me to sell the game to them. I never really plan on selling my games that I do not have additional stock or access of additional stock. Part of keeping our inventory diverse.

I have many times in my life overpaid for something I want so I do not damnify anyone that wants a game that is hard to get and pays what to some may seem like crazy money but to others is just another means to get what they want or think they want.

Collecting different things over the years has showed me rarity, for the most part, is desirable amongst the hard core collectors no matter what. Whisky comes to mind or limited production cars. I'm not making what I see some on here say a cargument, I'm just saying there are some comparisons to being able to drive and own a rare car and flip and play a rare pin.

Congrats on sale.

#49 5 years ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

Collecting different things over the years has showed me rarity, for the most part, is desirable amongst the hard core collectors no matter what.

I agree, but in the case of Alien - there is one huge difference...

I own or have owned many rare games and have played all the others - USA Football, Mystery Castle, BBB, TBL, CC, Joust, etc. Every one of those are good games and command a high price because of their rarity - but none of them are phenomenal games IMO. Alien *is* a phenomenal game. My advice to anyone looking to buy is simple - do it sooner rather than later.

#50 5 years ago

OK OK - everyone keep your pinside panties on.....

1) OP - as the guy who actually provided you instructions on how to install the stock EL blades, I only wish you the best on this sale and it's CLEAR market has spoken. At this exact day and time, Alien is worth 11.5 or whatever you sold it for. Not taking anything away from that. Congrats on the sale.

2) I would not spend 11.5 or 11k or 10.5k, for a SE Alien. Folks talking about price on this thread are all owners or previous ones that have skin in the game. Both are facts - both are my points originally. I'm not saying it's not going to be sold for a higher price even after this. We all know there are suckers all over the place buying things. I can't control that. I am saying what I would pay. That's all. If I don't get another alien b/c of that, np!

3) Mark - your comment seemed to indicate it's a pin you will enjoy and others have paid much more so as long as your happy. To me that sounds like forget the cost of it, as long as your happy it's good. I don't operate that way. Simple as that. Not saying you're wrong - just not me. If I misunderstood no worries, forget what I said as it was based on that interpretation.

Cheers

There are 84 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-alien-10?hl=kciaccio and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.